Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Make Derek a moderator again but he can only moderate Mr.Tophat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I really looking forward to watching the gamescom stream with my internet pals unless it's on really late

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Tophat for mod

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

thatguy posted:

Tophat can you make another 30 posts about how hard you're laughing? That would be really funny and force me to do the same.

Sure, just pledge $60 so I can play Battletech and I'll get right on it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Foo Diddley posted:

Please tell me that's an actual quote

nah, no spelling errors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6VvSOs2L8

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Ayn Marx posted:

Wtf is this stupid poo poo with twenty-five goddamn parts to download is this the loving middle ages my man

I think you are looking at the wrong thing. Both XWAUP craft pack, and Darksabers Craft Pack are one installer that does everything for you pretty much. XWAUP has everything individually as well, but there's no need to download those. That's mostly for when the release things between pack updates.

The XWAUP pack replaces most of the stock ships, and DS pack has everything the XWAUP pack has with additional ships not included in the original game.

Also I recommend getting the XWA hacker, which you can google (GUI version obviously easier to use) you'll need that to replace stock resolutions for widescreen ones. Game still seems to crash with over 1200 for height though. 1080p works fine, just no 1440p or 2160p. Was able to get 2560x1080 for my 21:9 monitor to work.

Warhawk109 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 19, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc

hot new line up

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr.Tophat posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the games industry, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret games available on PC, and I have over 300 confirmed good reviews. I am trained in blog warfare and I’m the top content producer in the Something Awful since it was created by me and Lowtax. You aint poo poo to me but just another shitposter. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this website, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my lawyer across the internet and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the space court, maggot. The space court that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. Haven't you heard from the shitizens? I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can create FUD and doxx you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my blog from July. Not only am I extensively trained in owning shitizens, but I have access to the entire history of the Something Awful Forums Dot Com since it's creation as I was there, and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your posting style off the face of entire subforums, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “comedic” just posting was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLOG INTO THE SLOT. ITS JULY BLOG AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DEREK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WHEELCHAIR BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECH. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS FORUM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE WITH EARLIER REG DATES CAN STILL BE JERK DETECTED! AND IVE CODED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY WEBSITE LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 WEEKS INCLUDING A WIND UP EVERY MORNING. THEN I LEFT

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

holy poo poo they found the woman shitzen

e: aaaaaaand I'm done... "I think we could talk about this for quite a while" ~ Bowtie

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

G0RF posted:

I couldn't tell if they didn't want to start out using the actual labels, perhaps because they seem inflammatory? Or did they not just get the taxonomy? Is the chart less clear than I assume?

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair.

Your chart is perfectly clear, G0RF. But admitting they understood it would be committing heresy in the eyes of their audience, so they carefully claimed to be confused by it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

version control chat

Just to chime in as a hobbyist coder, what the hell is their code manager doing? I assume they're employing one, right? I'm assuming also they use git, but maybe they don't? (Don't laugh, some major projects are still managed in subversion, llvm clocks in at almost 1gig of code, imagine updating that one every day).

In any case, git submodules would probably be the sane way to go assuming you're separating UI from engine cleanlhahahahaha of course they aren't.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

holy poo poo they found the woman shitzen

e: aaaaaaand I'm done... "I think we could talk about this for quite a while" ~ Bowtie

yup

https://clips.twitch.tv/InnocentSpeedyIcecreamGOWSkull

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
In junior high school, I had a friend whose family was much, much richer than mine. We both liked Warhammer 40K (he introduced me to it) but he could, you know, afford the models. He got really into WH40k Epic and bought tonnes and tonnes of units. I don't think he ever painted them or anything, just assembled them. I'd come over to his house so we could play a game, but he'd insist that we make armies that were like 6x the recommended maximum points for a battle. So we'd spend the afternoon buying our armies and setting them up and then I'd have to go home. We never once finished a game. I don't think we ever managed to play more than a single turn before running out of time.

That was our relationship with the game: reading sourcebooks, theorycrafting armies, spending money, never actually playing.

I had another friend who was really into the Robotech RPG. He wanted to GM games, he said. He spent all of his time putting together what I now recognize as fan fiction about the main characters from the shows with no room for the players to do anything. We never did play a game, but he spent hours and hours dreaming of the games we should play and assembling all these elaborate stories in his head while buying sourcebook after sourcebook.

After I left school and eventually got my first full time job, it involved working a bunch of before and after school programs and chaperoning weekend trips. I was also working with a bunch of hobbyists trying to start a business together. So basically holding down 1.75 full time jobs. I was making more money than I'd ever made, but there was no time. I just kept buying game consoles and games for the consoles that I'd never find time to play. They were like talismans of leisure. Little jewel cases of dreams of fun and fantasy.

So yes, I think I kind of do understand what drives Star Citizens.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

:females:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168238042
26:38 - "We haven't seen where they are, but I also think that that's a good thing. We don't really know where they are and we haven't known where they are since Gamescom last year; like it's been basically a year now since we've known where Star Citizen is, right." ~ Mr. Bowtie

:psyduck:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

loving hell :barf:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
IF I AM GOING TO STARE AT SOMEBODY IN THE ARSE IT BETTER BE A FEMALE ARSE YOU SEE

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

IF I AM GOING TO STARE AT SOMEBODY IN THE ARSE IT BETTER BE A FEMALE ARSE YOU SEE

This was legit some people's justification about choosing FemShep in rear end Effect

Not, you know, due to having a better voice actor or something

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.Tophat posted:

This was legit some people's responses about choosing FemShep in rear end Effect

Not, you know, due to having a better voice actor

I first heard it in the WoW days from :smug: nerds

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If I'm going to be looking at a sphincter all day it better be a female druid owl sphincter I tell you what

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I play as a hot lesbian bi-curious woman in games to get free stuff from people like Bow Tie.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Virtual Captain posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168238042
26:38 - "We haven't seen where they are, but I also think that that's a good thing. We don't really know where they are and we haven't known where they are since Gamescom last year; like it's been basically a year now since we've known where Star Citizen is, right." ~ Mr. Bowtie

:psyduck:

Ironically last week he said hes wearing a bowtie again because CIG is so open now.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

thatguy posted:

I play as a hot lesbian bi-curious woman in games to get free stuff from people like Bow Tie.

TBF, this is the oldest profession in MMOs.

Well, except maybe weird private chatroom cybering to paying audiences...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Xaerael posted:

TBF, this is the oldest profession in MMOs.

Well, except maybe weird private chatroom cybering to paying audiences...
Ya but I'm different because I just turned 18 a couple weeks ago.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

thatguy posted:

You should start a gofundme and make erotic calendars.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Thoatse posted:

You should start a gofundme and make erotic calendars.
Is this a reference to the dude Derek doxxed? It's all a blur to me these days.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

one of the dudes*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

thatguy posted:

That's him in the Norway!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

But the beauty of Star Citizen is playing in 1st Person Mode so why would you worry about your rear end? Its the tits that count! :reddit:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

What is it with guys that have crazy dense facial hair that looks painted on being total loving creeps.

Erris, Mikuakamikuchan or whatever the gently caress his name is.... Total creepers.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

I first heard it in the WoW days from :smug: nerds

Lineage 2 :colbert: Hot Dark Elf :butt:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Internet males are creepy as hell

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Lineage 2 :colbert: Hot Dark Elf :butt:

Diablo 2 Sorceress.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Honestly, I'm just surprised someone even asks that question. There's nothing to empathize with in the game, so why ask about somebody's avatar?

*Loads pistol with 1 bullet*

*Hands gun to Erris*

So tell me, chum, why do you play as a female character?

:suicide:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Thoatse posted:

That's him in the Norway!

Norway is very disability friendly! You can get around in a wheelchair there pretty easily.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Now that they're isolated from the main branch, there should be way fewer new bugs happening, which will definitely help reducing the still impressive amount of bugs remaining for evocati release. This week, the counter is at 77 bugs remaining, 6 less than last week, all deemed "critical". Remember that this is the result of both bugs being fixed and new bugs being discovered, so there is actually a lot more fixed bugs than that. You can see the complete list in the full Production Schedule.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Norway is very disability friendly! You can get around in a wheelchair there pretty easily.
Oh absolutely, not a single mountain, valley or fjord on the horizon

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

But the beauty of Star Citizen is playing in 1st Person Mode so why would you worry about your rear end? Its the tits that count! :reddit:

The inevitable consequence of perving

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
For my part, I can't fathom why they're doing all this work on bugs when procedural birds still aren't in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

For my part, I can't fathom why they're doing all this work on bugs when procedural birds still aren't in the game

But the parrots are in the game already???