Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

intardnation posted:

when you have unstable masses you dont put yourself in the line of fire. You throw other people under the bus CIG brass 101.
Programmers first. Ben Second.

Throwing Ben under a bus puts many lives in danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

wouldn't surprise me to see them limit the number of ships available in the first series of 3.0 releases

according to that one drinkin dude, there's thousands of hours worth of work refitting all the ships to the new "item 2.0" standard

Wow, it's almost as if producing all your assets before the gameplay is nailed down is a bad idea

I wonder how many thousands of hours of work it'll take to refit all the ships for item 3.0

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

The Baker posted:

Hey! I love reading the SC thread over here at Something awful and have came to the conclusion that even IF this game comes out it's so F'ing p2w that i probable wont even play it...Guildwars 2's cash store was enough to make me stop playing but i gave SC a pass as it really did seem awesome.
Things have gone too far and long now and I'd like to ask you fine fellows to direct me to any Information on obtaining a refund and will there be any complications that I'm from Norway...also I hear you can't get your subscription payments back but as i subscribed to see a game made and that's not happening maybe there is hope there too.

Velkommen

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

haha 15:25 through 15:35 is hilarious

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

loving lol

just lol

everything about this is hilarious, look at his little face

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

Wow, it's almost as if producing all your assets before the gameplay is nailed down is a bad idea

I wonder how many thousands of hours of work it'll take to refit all the ships for item 3.0

Having to keep offering new ships to fund the developement of already sold ships is a much better idea.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

MedicineHut posted:

Quote the poo poo out of that if you want.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

aleksendr posted:

Having to keep offering new ships to fund the developement of already sold ships is a much better idea.

Hm... using funds from newer investors to pay off what's owed to previous investors. That sounds familiar for some reason

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait did someone get an actual refund to troll the refunds subreddit or did they just pretend to.

In either case, what was any of this supposed to accomplish.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

knowing that he is an ex-pua (or current) and was harassing that woman on livestream (so what does he do off stream) makes me happy he is stuck with SC as his game and it is what he is known for.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

He's not wrong.

About what part?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

Wait did someone get an actual refund to troll the refunds subreddit or did they just pretend to.

In either case, what was any of this supposed to accomplish.
I dunno, it still doesn't make any sense to me

but then again, nothing much does when it comes to sc

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Hey guys, I'm only swinging by every few days now to pretend I've caughtupwiththethread.jpg but the one thing that struck me skipping through that last video is man, those guys look tired...

Like Chris, try not to loving work your devs into an early grave getting version 0.001a of your lovely space game out you idiot.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

You should totally throw in another 40 grand so when you refund it no one will believe it, then you can claim a double inverse upside troll against the evil Derek Smark and Goons when you finally post your bank receipt and then we will all laugh at you anyway.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ugh, I just found out the grossest thing about pedophile FuzzyModem. :(

But the good news is that from 13 counts he did indeed plead guilty to one consolidated charge as part of a plea deal and the penalty is 30-60 years, so.... what... is it 2037 is the next we could possibly see him again?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ZenMaster posted:

Ugh, I just found out the grossest thing about pedophile FuzzyModem. :(

But the good news is that from 13 counts he did indeed plead guilty to one consolidated charge as part of a plea deal and the penalty is 30-60 years, so.... what... is it 2037 is the next we could possibly see him again?

So....he'll be out before Star Citizen then?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Didn't you know you're engaging in HARASSMENT? :cthulhu:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

About what part?

About you being a pansy rear end bitch about Irma.

Now probate Derek so we can all have some luls.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TheAgent posted:

also if any of you dumb fuckers still have accounts in SC, we're going to have some fun when 3.0 hits, I'm sure

I'm there dude

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Drunk Theory posted:

So....he'll be out before Star Citizen then?

This is FUD

Fuzzy's ultimate dilemma

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/70c7m9/putting_the_individual_devs_on_blast_like_that/

Touchdowntim55 is gonna right some wrongs.

quote:

Please read the whole thing before clicking the downvote button.
So the bug countdown to each point release is what's being given to the backers, Erin is in there telling his guys to work on these buglists and we're being shown it in a video, the backers will then be watching these buglists as a countdown to the next release - so Erin is removing himself from the equation and putting his devs right up against the backers and that's what this little piece of theatre was about and the change to the point release schedule.
Their job is stressful enough and putting them on blast like that publicly not only doesn't give the backer any additional information but makes for a more stressful work environment. I would not allow this to be done to my employees. It would come through me.
Leaders and project managers need to shield their employees from the customers/other leaders and act as the go between. The animation artist shouldn't have to be worrying how they look on camera and if they managed to fix the bug they were called out publicly to work on to tens of thousands of people.
What do you guys think?

Great responses already to this serious ethical issue

quote:

I think: Oh hello armchair developer, you okay? :)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

About you being a pansy rear end bitch about Irma.

Now probate Derek so we can all have some luls.

Cruel, but fair.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Despite that none of these things are like scientific discoveries, what does 1:1 scale mean in a computer game? If they're tracking locations down to planck length, I'll give them 1:1, otherwise, it's completely meaningless.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Isn't SC 1:4 though?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

AlmightyPants posted:

Every place in the USA that is not New York needs to stop making pizza. You are all bad at it. Pumpkin spice does not belong on pizza. Neither does pineapple. If you can't make a slice that's good enough without piling gimmicky poo poo onto it, you shouldn't be making pizza. It's loving disgusting. Not all toppings are bad, but for gently caress's sake, you don't see people cramming random fruits and vegetables into other food items, stop doing it to pizza!

Someone's never been to chicago :smugbert:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Well erm... you're obviously "alive" so Irma didn't happen.

it was a nothingburger

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

BloodyScab posted:

Isn't SC 1:4 though?

It's 1:not-1, hence all the jankiness caused by tiny rounding errors.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174957809?t=02h55m35s

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

reverend crabhands posted:

Dude sounds like he's on the verge of a heart attack.

Don't give them ideas.
This would actually be a relatively smooth exit strategy for the Roberts bros.

Erin fakes heart attack and steps down as F42 head. Crobblers steps down as CEO to "take care of his beloved brother" and hands the CIG reigns over to the capable hands of [insert scapegoat here] who will make sure the BDSSE gets finished as promised.

Drive off into the sunset with Porsche full of $$$.

edit: taxxe

Sectopod fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 15, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What's Chambers exit recipe? Stare off into the sunset?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Ass_rapist_dude_420 has some following to do.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174984594?t=01h15m39s

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

:regd08:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SelenicMartian posted:

Also, the clownshoes op that is CIG's marketing.

I thought I heard self righteous clomping

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174988876?t=01h06m40s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

HycoCam posted:

Bigfoot confirmed:

That's the spinning ice tunnel at Universal Studios Hollywood, but with a tarp over the roadway portion the tram drives on. It's a mindfuck to be a passenger on it, though driving is probably a bit easier because you can focus on the road in front of you with your forward facing view but I bet it still takes a bit of training not to gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3CW8poYSvE