Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Plans change in game dev. Maybe they couldn't get it working quite right. We have seen them working on it several times.

Docking being started in Mar 2016, 2 weeks before the dev responsible for it quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

SomethingJones posted:

Docking being started in Mar 2016, 2 weeks before the dev responsible for it quit

Sounds like they solved the problem.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am seeing your examples.

Counters

1. The features simply haven't had time to be implemented. How can you have space farming before planets? The final game will have farming.
2. Interpreting goals and hopes as literal contracts.
3. Simly making things up.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

You only need this one, my friend

You clearly don't understand game development, the game is in alpha

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The good old days when a chair themed name was all it took to get you banned from a stream.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daztek posted:

You only need this one, my friend

You clearly don't understand game development, the game is in alpha

Well this goes without saying I'm hoping people here are still intelligent enough to get that.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

lol someone forgot to take Sandi's computer away after her bottle of "bedtime wine"

That last one gives it away. It has the same writing style of..................

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

ewe2 posted:

So I wasn't imagining the audience boredom and restlessness, I don't know whether to be relieved or saddened. Did many wonder why they were being shown game tech that has been solved everywhere else on the planet 10 years ago?

I think you really need to be into game development to compare individual game technology and solutions to each other and neither the average gamer nor the average citizen really is.

However the average citizen has had over 2 years of a constantly degrading star citizen experience on his back now and gets fed with 8 hours in which not a single space ship or Parp marine fired a single shot. Not a second of multiplayer was shown.

What do you think these people felt... They felt the same as we here minus the sarcastic view that comes after viewing CIG as a 5 year parody of project management and game design failures only rivaled by "Gabelstapler Fahrer Klaus" in its dramatic pathos.

How many of the people here have backed star citizen before? I would say 90 percent? You know how these guys feel... We all felt the same, we just skipped a few pages in the book (or we simply have been there for longer).

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I am seeing your examples.

Counters

1. The features simply haven't had time to be implemented. How can you have space farming before planets? The final game will have farming.
2. Interpreting goals and hopes as literal contracts.
3. Simly making things up.

Star Marine is already in the game
Star Marine was just a game mode

CR telling the press Star Marine was not delayed then the press reporting a month later it was delayed

Sandi Roberts has TWO masters degrees (lol)

Space Farming was just around the corner when the farming ship went on sale

Mining was just around the corner when the Prospector went on sale

I never mentioned 'contracts' I'm talking about LIES

Which of the above is true?

If it isn't true then what is it?

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

SomethingJones posted:

Star Marine is already in the game
Star Marine was just a game mode
People deliberately misinterpreted Chris here. He said that in context of people being able to play FPS in the game then. Which was 100% true.

quote:

CR telling the press Star Marine was not delayed then the press reporting a month later it was delayed
You ever hear of something called a blocker?

quote:

Sandi Roberts has TWO masters degrees (lol)
Not really relevant to Star Citizen and theres 0 proof she has lied about this. Honestly I don't care, she gets the job done.

quote:

Space Farming was just around the corner when the farming ship went on sale
Now you are just delusional

quote:

Mining was just around the corner when the Prospector went on sale
I'd like to see a quote where they said mining was definitely going to be out in the next patch or again you are just letting your bias in again.

I'm not trying to be overly difficult but we need to start cutting the self fulfilling stacking pile of bullshit.

This is why no one takes us seriously.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

It's a pretty good system tbh.

"Buy the Super Hornet, Arena Commander is just around the corner."

Arena Commander is released 8 months later.

"Explain to me how that was a promise".

After you go through that process a few times you either start to realize that you're being chumped or you have to convince yourself that there's no way you're a chump, everyone else is the chump, because there's no way you could possibly be fooled so easily and so often.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I've quotes for all of it, it's in my post history, knock yourself out. The space farming is especially hilarious.

I've still got the powerpoint slides from 2016 saved, with all the stuff that was coming in Dec 2016. Was any of it a promise? No. Was any of it a contract no? Was any of it true? NO.

As for Sandi - she wants to blatantly lie about having two masters degrees then come on and sell me a spaceship? Get the gently caress out of here

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dusty Lens posted:

It's a pretty good system tbh.

"Buy the Super Hornet, Arena Commander is just around the corner."

Arena Commander is released 8 months later.

"Explain to me how that was a promise".

After you go through that process a few times you either start to realize that you're being chumped or you have to convince yourself that there's no way you're a chump, everyone else is the chump, because there's no way you could possibly be fooled so easily and so often.

I've been watching them doing it for two years. I know I'm being trolled btw but it's a slow night so what the hell

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

SomethingJones posted:

I've been watching them doing it for two years. I know I'm being trolled btw but it's a slow night so what the hell

:siren: Transcript fight!! :siren:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

You ever hear of something called a blocker?

Here's how it went down after Ilfonic's Star Marine was canned:

1. Derek Smart said that Star Marine was 'delayed indefinitely'
2. CIG deny to the press that it was delayed
3. A month later CIG admit it was delayed indefinitely
4. A year later Chris says that we might see the 'long rumoured dead thing' appear
5. An abortion of a loving FPS is released and is dead within 2 weeks

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

:siren: Transcript fight!! :siren:

I'm not even at my own PC ffs and gently caress if I'm digging through my own post history, that way madness lies

edit - my post history is archived :sadface:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

SomethingJones posted:

I'm not even at my own PC ffs and gently caress if I'm digging through my own post history, that way madness lies

edit - my post history is archived :sadface:

/r/somethingjones exists?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

How do I join the South Carolina Trump Haters group? I meet both of the requirements.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

You're basically engaging in posting entertainment for a crowd cheering for either side. I'm not even sure South Carolina Trump Hats is being serious. It's all pretend but people are still invested.

Some of them literally.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Well the point of farming will be... ah, you know, the BIO DOMES will allow you to grow, ah, agriculture, you know, crops, ah, and you'll be able to... SELL those, probably for a premium so the idea will be, the Bio Domes in the Endeavour are sort of growing things that you couldn't normally necessarily grow on a planet, and you can maybe sell for a premium, whatever it would be, ah, I'm sure lotsa people will go "SPACE WEED!" but um, you know there'll be plenty of other things too, ahaha, um, so... you know it's, it's ah, it's a sort of farming mechanic, so you'd have that in, ah, you know you'd have that in space, you'd maintain it like perhaps you know, you have to take the... your ship would have to be a certain distance from the local system STAR or, you know you'd have to tend, fend for it make sure it's... ah, you know GROWN in, you know, like, perhaps the lower gravity setup makes you able to grow a better strain of... whatever it will be, WHEAT etc ah, so there you go

You know, there's things like VAULTING and uh, you know SLIDING and uh, different kinds of... STANCES that we have and there's... a lot more WEAPONS that we have... and they're all getting rolled out and we're HONING it and you guys are gonna be playing it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4, and... then, uh, when we've got that basic set, we... together we will sort of... turn on the MAP for Star Marine...

Ah... one of the BIG ONES is some TOOLS that we do within MAYA and our... our... MOTION BUILDER... ah... ahh... SETUP... there's a BIG ONE that we use with a company called RED NINE called SCENE MANAGER and uh... SCENE MANAGER and ASSET MANAGER is basically a way within MAYA to take all our PERFORMANCE CAPTURE in basically TWO CLICKS... and you're WITHIN MAYA, builds up all the CHARACTERS, they've got all their WEAPON ATTACHMENTS... TWO CLICKS and it's OUT TO ENGINE

There you go, there's 3 chunks of steaming horseshit to get you started

They're just HONING the sliding around and vaulting you see, just HONING it and getting it ready for 2.2, it's ALMOST DONE

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

SomethingJones posted:

Who the hell does that? You need to link to twitter, where you quote yourself, that you called it. Your quote also contains a link to your blog, which links again to your twitter, which links to your forum, which has a link to your blog.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Did biodomes and spaceweed come out before or after CR said that planets were a pipedream.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Golli posted:

/r/somethingjones exists?

gently caress you scared me there for a minute

No, the old thread has been archived and it seems to archive a big portion of my posting history with it so I can't find anything atm. I have it all saved on my own PC, I bring it out at parties and let everyone laugh and comment on how loving retarded you'd have to be to believe any of it

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Spiderdrake posted:

You're basically engaging in posting entertainment for a crowd cheering for either side. I'm not even sure South Carolina Trump Hats is being serious. It's all pretend but people are still invested.

Some of them literally.

I know but gently caress it anyway, the thread is dead after Citizencum, I think everyone is sick to the tits of Star Citizen and its crowd of foaming retard supporters

I'm so sick to the tits of those guys I'll even argue with someone pretending to be one of them. I watched 10 mins of Derek's openhouse thing live and there were some of these guys in the chat saying that all CIG had to do was stream in the collision detection for the buildings, that's what you're dealing with here, that's what you're dealing with

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I'm sick to the tits.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dusty Lens posted:

Did biodomes and spaceweed come out before or after CR said that planets were a pipedream.

The biodomes are on your spaceship silly

Depending on how far you park it from the sun it affects the quality of the spaceweed you are growing. None of this had anything to do with that free to play mobile farming sim game that came out around the same time, that was just a coincidence. None of this is a promise of course, but if you buy the ship you'll totally be able to do all of it

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

SomethingJones posted:

Here's how it went down after Ilfonic's Star Marine was canned:

1. Derek Smart said that Star Marine was 'delayed indefinitely'
2. CIG deny to the press that it was delayed
3. A month later CIG admit it was delayed indefinitely
4. A year later Chris says that we might see the 'long rumoured dead thing' appear
5. An abortion of a loving FPS is released and is dead within 2 weeks

Nothing CIG does is influenced by Derek loving Smart of all people.

this is how far we have fallen.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Well the point of farming will be... ah, you know, the BIO DOMES will allow you to grow, ah, agriculture, you know, crops, ah, and you'll be able to... SELL those, probably for a premium so the idea will be, the Bio Domes in the Endeavour are sort of growing things that you couldn't normally necessarily grow on a planet, and you can maybe sell for a premium, whatever it would be, ah, I'm sure lotsa people will go "SPACE WEED!" but um, you know there'll be plenty of other things too, ahaha, um, so... you know it's, it's ah, it's a sort of farming mechanic, so you'd have that in, ah, you know you'd have that in space, you'd maintain it like perhaps you know, you have to take the... your ship would have to be a certain distance from the local system STAR or, you know you'd have to tend, fend for it make sure it's... ah, you know GROWN in, you know, like, perhaps the lower gravity setup makes you able to grow a better strain of... whatever it will be, WHEAT etc ah, so there you go

You know, there's things like VAULTING and uh, you know SLIDING and uh, different kinds of... STANCES that we have and there's... a lot more WEAPONS that we have... and they're all getting rolled out and we're HONING it and you guys are gonna be playing it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4, and... then, uh, when we've got that basic set, we... together we will sort of... turn on the MAP for Star Marine...

Ah... one of the BIG ONES is some TOOLS that we do within MAYA and our... our... MOTION BUILDER... ah... ahh... SETUP... there's a BIG ONE that we use with a company called RED NINE called SCENE MANAGER and uh... SCENE MANAGER and ASSET MANAGER is basically a way within MAYA to take all our PERFORMANCE CAPTURE in basically TWO CLICKS... and you're WITHIN MAYA, builds up all the CHARACTERS, they've got all their WEAPON ATTACHMENTS... TWO CLICKS and it's OUT TO ENGINE

There you go, there's 3 chunks of steaming horseshit to get you started

They're just HONING the sliding around and vaulting you see, just HONING it and getting it ready for 2.2, it's ALMOST DONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK83g3K82cw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyIlD9TmK-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olxI7X7eac8

farming, vaulting, and performance capture are done dude.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Besides some shady marketing BS

See, this is why the gimmick is poo poo. A true believer wouldn't even admit to this much. Seriously, you need to work on it more, man.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

CrazyLoon posted:

See, this is why the gimmick is poo poo. A true believer wouldn't even admit to this much. Seriously, you need to work on it more, man.

I'm not a true believer you aren't making any sense. I've posted here for almost two years.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

The biodomes are on your spaceship silly

Depending on how far you park it from the sun it affects the quality of the spaceweed you are growing. None of this had anything to do with that free to play mobile farming sim game that came out around the same time, that was just a coincidence. None of this is a promise of course, but if you buy the ship you'll totally be able to do all of it

Remember that you can't have spaceweed without planets.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Toops posted:

I'm sick to the tits.

Sick to the tits, sick to the loving tits man

It's *actually* depressing seeing CIG throw together a video and all the loving spergs suddenly grow a set of balls and start harrassing Derek. It's pathetic.

And Elite is loosing its highground imo because Frontier can't figure out how to make interesting gameplay without annoying another set of spergs parked on the Frontier forum for 20 years.

Seriously, and I'm not paying lip service to Codezombie (I am a bit), but I played Dirt Rally all bloody day and it was an absolute thrill. The whole steering wheel came detached from my desk at one point, I was giving that Lancia the whip let me tell you. That's how you nail gameplay and realism and make it fun, absolute perfect balance. I'll get at least a year out of that game. How in the gently caress do you make a spaceship game with amazing graphics and handling less exciting, less gripping, less fun, less exhilarating by orders of magnitude, than a rally game with cars from the 1960s in it.

How

How

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

I think you really need to be into game development to compare individual game technology and solutions to each other and neither the average gamer nor the average citizen really is.

However the average citizen has had over 2 years of a constantly degrading star citizen experience on his back now and gets fed with 8 hours in which not a single space ship or Parp marine fired a single shot. Not a second of multiplayer was shown.

What do you think these people felt... They felt the same as we here minus the sarcastic view that comes after viewing CIG as a 5 year parody of project management and game design failures only rivaled by "Gabelstapler Fahrer Klaus" in its dramatic pathos.

How many of the people here have backed star citizen before? I would say 90 percent? You know how these guys feel... We all felt the same, we just skipped a few pages in the book (or we simply have been there for longer).

is this from a Phish song?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

MilesK posted:

farming, vaulting, and performance capture are done dude.

CR didn't say "we have mocap for vaulting" he said "vaulting and parkour and sliding around are coming in 2.2"

I'm pointing out that it didn't, therefore ergo QED CR said an untruth, therefore fulfilling your request for someone to point out one single lie.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Nothing CIG does is influenced by Derek loving Smart of all people.

this is how far we have fallen.

They weren't influenced by Derek Smart, they were responding to him. Like they did that one time with that letter written by cocaine.

You aren't convincing me dude, you got nothing

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Like CIG

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

And Elite is loosing its highground imo because Frontier can't figure out how to make interesting gameplay without annoying another set of spergs parked on the Frontier forum for 20 years.

:same:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

The sooner Frontier realise that the forum-parked idiots have no clue about actual gameplay, and use common--sense to add gameplay depth to Elite, it'll shine.

And a way to earn in-game some basic ship skins. Like just 5% of the available store stuff. Won't affect the bottom-line, but will make a lot of normal gamers happy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ShitCon 2947

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Quavers posted:

The sooner Frontier realise that the forum-parked idiots have no clue about actual gameplay, and use common--sense to add gameplay depth to Elite, it'll shine

Couldn't agree more, they need to remove them from the equation entirely

gently caress those guys