Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao, Jester using an alt account to advertise black market services on the refunds subreddit. Now I've seen it all.

Exhibit A: this post by one Ivan_SC advertising black market poo poo on /refunds

Exhibit B: Jester responding to comments in that thread with comments clearly written as "Ivan" lol. These comments don't exist because as soon as he realized the issue he deleted them, but since he's flagged for manual comment approval they're still in the modmail. Whoops!

So posts like this...

...were actually from one of the /r/ds mods, posting in /r/ds via an alt?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3n4a16/trollabot_analysis_of_uthedereksmart_and_ujcrg99/

Funny.

e: topical catte tax:

Mr Fronts fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

These guys act fast!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wise Learned Man posted:

Jester is weird. At times he seems reasonable, and he appears to understand how hosed up most of the denizens of the DS sub are, but then he'll dig his heels in over something petty and argue the most inane and indefensible poo poo for days on end. He's talked about closing the sub at various points over the past couple of years. I have to assume he's tired of moderating it, but kinda hung on when he had a financial stake in defending CIG. If he really has cashed out, then I could see him pulling the plug for good.

That's because he's reasonable. And yes, as you say, he's at the same time making money from the SC retards so there is a very real conflict of interest which is what makes him act in such a way.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Quavers posted:

"At some point, potential shitizens of the future"

:lol:

loving gold.

This thread, this non-game, its reddit cess pool. All loving gold.

I love you all.

Thread is good.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Kinda disappointed Jester didn't go with the, "Its my brother" defense. Just "a friend/org mate" isn't as funny.

Only after he got caught flat out of course.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The moderation staff of r/DS is severely fatigued.

They lasted longer than I would've. It's difficult to imagine a worse moderation position.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i've been too busy playing destiny 2 to read/post in this thread for a non game but i just want to reassure everyone the state of pc gaming is real good

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

XK posted:

They lasted longer than I would've. It's difficult to imagine a worse moderation position.

Yep, having to do all that Star Citizen Derek Smart Testicle Fetish Subforum moderating AND all that Star Citizen grey-market trading at the same time, must have been tough on jester86.

I feel bad for all the future potential shitizens he won't be able to help now.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

Also never forget that at the conclusion when Beer wipes the floor with her, and it was very likely that they had evidence on their system of Sandi being hugely inappropriate and stupid, they wiped their entire email database about a week later.

They claimed this to be standard year end clean up, but naturally they had never done it before and had never done it since, this moment.

This is all leading up to Sandi going offline, and no longer communicating with anybody online anymore. From faux twitter harassment campaigns to scare her away and pull at the heartstrings of stupid backers, to never showing up for more than YouTube videos. Her SC presence since this point has basically been nullified to keeping up the appearance that she still does stuff.

The reality, I believe, though is that she got upset she couldn’t win a sparring match with Beer, ended up looking stupid, decided she didn’t even like video games anyway, and had help to construct a way out so she could go so what she wanted to do, which was be an actress. I seriously think that Beer helped put the final nail in her tolerance for the dumb video game that made her a filthy and ungrateful millionaire.

I see we've got a special sbowflake here *edits the zendesk autotagger in an effort to label you as an 'undesirable' and blacklist you without you knowing it*

Ha, they'll never find ou-www god damnit it you sneaky gits!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Hint: They do poo poo-all for moderation 99% of the time.

What changed is that there is very few money to make from idiots at the grey market.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I can almost hear him crying.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I must have banned one of his alts lmao

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

trucutru posted:

These guys act fast!

Not a hate sub

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

trucutru posted:

These guys act fast!

If you check the discord, you'll see that actually, I called it :smuggo:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

What was this? It has been disappeared

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

If you check the discord, you'll see that actually, I called it :smuggo:

But did you write a :swoon:BLOG:swoon: about it you hack?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

They've lost all the credibility they thought they had within the space of 5 minutes of Jester loving up, so they're just going to shut it down, lmao

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
I do enjoy watching them turn on their own like happens here when shits gets slow.

Here its just dumb, boring poo poo, like gross pineapple, or blue cheese tacos. :goonsay:

:reddit: actually gets pretty nasty when they go feral/cannibal.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

So admitting its not an archive, its a place to yell at clouds, and tell their friends that he is wrong, and why he is wrong?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Beet extends the hand of friendship

Is torn off and tossed to the brown sea

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wait so jester was running multiple accounts on his own sub in order to help maintain the illusion that his spaceships were worth something more than nothing?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

wait so jester was running multiple accounts on his own sub in order to help maintain the illusion that his spaceships were worth something more than nothing?

No, he was running multiple accounts on the trades sub for the same reason all other traders run multiple accounts: To pump their own trades.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
But if the stuff Derek says is so ridiculous and unbelievable and wrong and bad, why does it matter that it's reposted elsewhere without comment? Who does it harm? The comments on the posts certainly aren't helping anything.

I guess it's like they say, Star Citizen is good.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
A trained internet warlord reduced to the status of a fairly useless raw data dump

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ah yes, the deep nuances that can be found in Derek's tweets. Why did he say "I did call it" instead of "I called it"? Hmmmm....

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I remember when they used to justify their existence by saying Derek would delete poo poo so they had to preserve it

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Beet extends the hand of friendship

Is torn off and tossed to the brown sea

Story of my life, my dude :laffo:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thread turned good overnight. Thanks r/ds for biting the bullet.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Omits to mention Derek's genitalia.

Case dismissed.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Combat Theory posted:

Thread turned good overnight. Thanks r/ds for biting the bullet.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There is not an ounce of honesty in that sub.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

trucutru posted:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There is not an ounce of honesty in that sub.

Oh I meant more like in, biting the bullet to be the extra special needs kid in the class so everyone else gets a good laugh on your expense. I don't think jester will nuke the sub actually, he seems to like the role of the nagging old man with powers over a degenerate community.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
But if r/ds goes to private access only, how will journalists be able to research their "Derek Smart is a big mean poopy-head" articles? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001