Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NickCanadian/status/930743972586246144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DamekCritou/status/930729551696510976

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MarkoTheWeirdo/status/930646020161015808

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

There is nothing to play. There is no game. Get a refund.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

Games Workshop's case against chapterhouse where they lost to some dude making shoulderpads for their models is some CIG level incompetence so I'm not so sure on that one

Although I might be remembering wrong they re-named all their poo poo to weird things afterward.

So that's why Orcs and Golbins are Orruks and Grots now. Can't stop people selling Orc stuff but you can stop them selling Orruk stuff.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Quoting from recent past for relevance. Good job OSC_Commando/Dr. Smart/All random goons tier 3+ with login info.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Video of Evocati client/server test from Nov 12th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8En045qp2GU

quote:

Specs

Game configuration was 2560x1440P - Very High - V-Sync Off.
Hardware'
GPU: GTX 1070 overclocked by about 10%
CPU: Intel i5 4690K overclocked to 4.6Ghz
16GB of DDR3 System Ram running at 2.4Ghz

Still runs like poo poo. Notice how there's absolutely NO combat engagement etc

Also had another testing round yesterday:

quote:

Server Performance Testing
GREETINGS AVOCADOS!

Tonight (2017-11-14) we will be doing some complex playtest data collection and we need your assistance!

Before we begin:

Please ensure that you are running r_displayinfo 3 at all times.
Please pay very close attention to chat and follow all instructions from CIG Staff.

Test Instructions:

When we are ready for you to begin testing we will ask you to join in on the PTU Servers.

This test is going to consist of multiple phases and we need your FPS Data from each phase:

Spawn at Port Olisar and go outside to Pad A00
After data collection, a CIG Employee will advance the phase via chat, return inside to ASOP and spawn SMALL SHIPS

Take your small ship and position yourself somewhere safely above Port Olisar.
After data collection, a CIG Employee will advance the phase via chat, then pick a moon/station of your choosing and spread out away from other players.
After data collection, a CIG Employee will advance the phase via chat, ditch your ships in orbit/on surfaces and get back to Port Olisar.

Spawn LARGE SHIPS and hover over Port Olisar.
After data collection, a CIG Employee will advance the phase via chat, pick a moon/station of your choosing and spread out away from other players.

Once we have collected this final set of data we will shut down the servers and migrate to a new set to perform additional tests as needed.

While waiting for new servers, please use the following Response Template to reply to this thread with all the information we need to collect added in:
CIG Staff will be present in most servers forwarding / updating chat with further testing instructions.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Combat Theory posted:

Archering games workshop is a quick way to get into some nasty trouble.

Maybe Jobbo_Fett wants to right one of his "concerned copyright watcher" emails again lmao

DEAR STINKIN' HUMIES,

ME BOYS IN THE WAAAAAGH! 'AVE SPOTTED SOME CRANKY GITS WHO BE STEALIN' FROM DA BOSS!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I'm probably just imagining things but these Evocati tests seem more like late stage beta stress tests than testing new features and interaction like you would expect in an alpha. Almost as if they were prepping for a release, an MVP if you will.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

kilus aof posted:

So that's why Orcs and Golbins are Orruks and Grots now. Can't stop people selling Orc stuff but you can stop them selling Orruk stuff.

I think they actually tried to copyright "spacemarine" decades after it became really common in all sorts of sci-fi. Dumb twats, the best W40K video game ever made was a mod for fallout 3.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:

----------------

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Sabreseven posted:

Goodness, seems to run significantly smoother than CIG's branded stop motion animation, very pretty game.

There are parts in that video that are so buttery smooth that you half expect them to sell it with a smoking jacket, a glass of bourbon and a measurable bounty of 1950's era 'smooth operator' charisma included in the box. :heysexy:

Yeah it's astoundingly well performing, I got some playtime during the event and tested streaming it at 1080p 60fps, even in huge battles it didn't really skip a beat.
My system is an R7 1700 and na RX 480 8GB, so yeah with something like a 1080 you can easily play it at 4K without much of an issue and the lead dev insists that this is not yet fully optimised.

There were nearly 40 players on the server at peak time and 100+ bots all mostly shooting the poo poo out of everything. Single instance, the server - dual core virtual machine...

I have no loving idea how the gently caress SC can't get their poo poo sorted with a team of developers and unlimited money...

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Virtual Captain posted:

I'm probably just imagining things but these Evocati tests seem more like late stage beta stress tests than testing new features and interaction like you would expect in an alpha. Almost as if they were prepping for a release, an MVP if you will.

dreams happen now

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

Yeah, it's totally the MVP/Early Access; unless they change course.

----------------

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Morningwoodpecker posted:

I think they actually tried to copyright "spacemarine" decades after it became really common in all sorts of sci-fi. Dumb twats, the best W40K video game ever made was Warhammer 40k Space Marine

SPACE MARINE!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, it's totally the MVP/Early Access; unless they change course.

Shouldn't you be able to predict this?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'M RIGHT UNLESS I'M WRONG!

loving called it :smuggo:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm uhhhhhhhhh pretty sure playable area size isn't the number that got PUBG on that list, actually.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm uhhhhhhhhh pretty sure playable area size isn't the number that got PUBG on that list, actually.

Who cares about fun and functional? What matters is large play areas and PUSHING THE ENVELOPE OF GAMING DEVELOPMENT *rocks out with a guitar and sick pyro*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

yikes

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah, though I imagine "playable" is a criteria keeping Star Citizen off the list.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Who cares about fun and functional? What matters is large play areas and PUSHING THE ENVELOPE OF GAMING DEVELOPMENT *rocks out with a guitar and sick pyro*

- BUT NOT ELITE! You have to remember to say "not Elite" or someone will ask why you're not just playing that. Those are questions we don't want to answer.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Please remember that I was the first to call 3.0 the MVP, give me credit if you use this information.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

SPACE MARINE!

M-mods? Ban this sick anime filth!

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

DEAR STINKIN' HUMIES,

ME BOYS IN THE WAAAAAGH! 'AVE SPOTTED SOME CRANKY GITS WHO BE STEALIN' FROM DA BOSS!

:laffo:

It's perfect

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Jobbo_Fett posted:

SPACE MARINE!

3rd person games cater exclusively to people who like to play with dolls, really manly video game space marines peer out through the visor with a steely eyed gaze.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dear Games Workshop,

It seems it is that time again; Christmas approaching fast. I don't normally ask for stuff, but I was wondering if you could get me a 1st person Warhammer 40,000: Ork Marine Warboss video game. If you were to release this I will make sure to leave out extra cookies and do all my chores and send in my homework on time and pet all of the animals in the zoo.

Thank you

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

The lengths their going to to apologize for their failed dev leader and the mental gymnastics is truly remarkable. "1billion euros, 10-15 years" WoW. I guess the game is coming out with backers like that.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Dear Games Workshop,

It seems it is that time again; Christmas approaching fast. I don't normally ask for stuff, but I was wondering if you could get me a 1st person Warhammer 40,000: Ork Marine Warboss video game. If you were to release this I will make sure to leave out extra cookies and do all my chores and send in my homework on time and pet all of the animals in the zoo.

Thank you

Dear Jobbo_Fett,

Thank you for contacting us re your potential game idea, as we have read it and written it down we now own it and have dropped it into the dark vertical shaft that leads to the shovel-ware generation facility. If you ever mention it again we will own you.

Yours evily GW.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Dear Jobbo_Fett,

Thank you for contacting us re your potential game idea, as we have read it and written it down we now own it and have dropped it into the dark vertical shaft that leads to the shovel-ware generation facility. If you ever mention it again we will own you.

Yours evily GW.

:(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek's going to be so mad at all these quotes, lol.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

The screen selection screen has two extra options, track a ship or "claim" which I'd assume means insurance and LTI will finally make an appearance as the game gets shoveled out the door. They'll have to put LTI in with the MVP.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It depends on who has the charge of his account this day.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Nah, saves him the trouble of clicking “read anyway”

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Except for all those who quote them.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Dear Games Workshop,

Thank you

This, but please forget all the FPS Ork nonsense and make it a third person God of War-ripoff where I can play as a demon primarch, preferably Angron or Magnus, slaughtering Nids, demons of the other gods and some Dark Eldar, taking place within one of the many warp rifts, tia

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

So unrealistic those characters when they run. $160mil

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

He's right. This, all of it, is art. CIG, us, r/DS, Lesnick's website, pgabz videos, they're all part of the most incredible work of art ever seen. It'll be years, maybe even centuries, before people can fully appreciate it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rugganovich posted:

I thought it was a good story. But to call it titanic.............

You forget to capitalize one word on the internet....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

They should really just put my game up there. It's called "Deuce Citizen" and it's literally twice as good as Star Citizen in every way. That's the entire concept, all I've got so far- "Whatever Star Citizen is doing, Deuce Citizen has that times two."

Trailers should be out in two weeks. But I mean, Deuce Citizens can start backing now if they want. Prices will never be lower than they are right now! Can you really afford to wait until all that pointless grunt work like "any sign of gameplay" or "a functioning release" are already out the door? Get in early and your Deuce Dominance will be assured.