Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Zzr posted:

That has nothing to do with star citizen, none of CIG's worker appeared in this movie.

Thanks MrHerpDerp :)

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Zzr posted:

That has nothing to do with star citizen, none of CIG's worker appeared in this movie.

CIG money might have ended up in this movie so that Sandi could get a part?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

oh-oh OSC v2.0 spotted. :laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my reddit said, to get ships done, you better not mess with major crob

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

I'm calling it right now: They dumped the UK tax credit into the funding tracker before they paid back Coutts with company funds.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Zzr posted:

:drat:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

1-6 fps is playable.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

hot balls man no homo posted:

I'm calling it right now: They dumped the UK tax credit into the funding tracker before they paid back Coutts with company funds.

alternatively, the sale is at the beginning of the month when they got their government assistance

e: they being addle brained backers

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

SomethingJones posted:

Ask yourself what purpose the funding tracker serves and what would happen if it tanked during the biggest sale they've ever done.

At best those figures are from a round of internal funding, at worst they are completely made up. Those aren't sales, not a chance.

Not only the biggest sale, but the biggest sale after their weakest year where there was a lot of buzz about a particular loan.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If you're upset about record funding numbers then you're playing Star Citizen wrong.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sum Mors posted:

alternatively, the sale is at the beginning of the month when they got their government assistance

e: they being addle brained backers
I do not get the impression these are people struggling to get by. These are people with credit and an income. That's why the scam works so well, they "pledge" money within their mental comfort zone. It's going to financially ruin lots of them, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a wave of personal bankruptcies when the game itself goes defunct.

Instead of going out with friends, having children, getting a new car or all the normal expenditures they're pledging thousands to Star Citizen. They can bear this load. The scam continues.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Does cig have any sort of actual design document? Even if it's just "do space things" scrawled on a used napkin. They had those in the 90s, didn't they?

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 5, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Are we at the end of the sale yet? 'cos my ten million prediction was looking pretty good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Krycek posted:

Does cig have any sort of actual design document? Even if it's just "do space things" scrawled on a used napkin.

Lol that’s a good one.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Zzr posted:

:laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Zzr posted:

:sandance: :sandance: :sandance:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Krycek posted:

Does cig have any sort of actual design document? Even if it's just "do space things" scrawled on a used napkin. They had those in the 90s, didn't they?

they had a bunch of them

the people that wrote them dont work for CIG anymore

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Another funding chart:

Enron's Earnings per Share (in blue) is the funding chart that they used to boost investor confidence.

See any similarities?

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Spiderdrake posted:

Instead of going out with friends, having children, getting a new car or all the normal expenditures they're pledging thousands to Star Citizen. They can bear this load. The scam continues.

From Reddit

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MilesK posted:

From Reddit
This actually made me feel bad for them for two seconds.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

MilesK posted:

From Reddit

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

:laffo:

I mean, erm, Guys just give it time!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

SomethingJones posted:

SUPPORTIVE COSTUMER BASE

So the testers can't test anything, anyone firing it up with the offline hack just to see it gets a ban, you need to pay $10 space dollah to get access to it, no one can complete a single mission in it, it runs like poo poo, looks like poo poo, moves like poo poo, it's over 3 years late and 3 times over budget

Aaaand according to CIG this pulled in $9m in less than 40 days

CR is dead, long live CR.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Spoon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEBmh_zE9Yo

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

One of my favorite things about Star Citizen is that none of the bugs ever seem to get fixed. We can look forward to the spinny torpedo for a long, long time.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SquareAmericanPoultryHeyGuys

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

We should start a campaign to get Braben knighted.

Or just call him Sir Braben anyway.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I also really like that that is the kind of clip being posted on the subreddit as an example of good gameplay. It's amazing how many levels it sucks on- you can just dissect one 20 second clip forever.

1) You can lose your ride and be completely stranded in one shot
2) The torpedo doesn't even work properly, a known issue for months to years now
3) The explosion randomly puffs like the ship was moving at high speed
4) The rest of the ship (Every animated piece, looks like) just hangs in place instead of collapsing to the ground
6) The shields randomly turn off several seconds later
7) Just standing there watching it is causing one spaceman to jitter uncontrollably

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

3.0 af

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 5, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

If you slow it down, it looks like the flames are actually forming the destroyed structure, like they're still walled in by it. Hard to say.

And yeah the game as is would be a griefing paradise. Blow up their ship, fly around making parp noises as they desperately fire their crysis 2 gun at you from below.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Is that the current version number?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

yes, and yes

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sarsapariller posted:

One of my favorite things about Star Citizen is that none of the bugs ever seem to get fixed. We can look forward to the spinny torpedo for a long, long time.

SC's code must be 80000 layers of hastily assembled undocumented last second garbage to keep the show running from one presentation and jesus patch to the next. The relief of knowing that no one will ever ask you to stop assembling garbage code to go back and try to untangle the wet noodle knot that is the legacy work of people who were fired two years ago must be tremendous.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:stare:

Theorycrafting is off the chain. Also another example of how CIG doesn't have a plan for how any of the poo poo they've promised will actually work.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 5, 2017

Pantsbird
Nov 12, 2017

by Lowtax
Deskeletonize the patient before performing first aid.

Or pump painful resistors into the body for 2 hours. The pain they will cause is so bad, the victim will freeze in a tense position.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I personally have no idea how gamedev works; from what I've been shown from CIG's vids.

- It's all about the meshes / objects / designs / stuff to buy.
- Its always and forever about talking of how things will eventually work.
- Every person on screen talks about how good things are and how good things will eventually be.
- There is absolutely no talk about test results, or any result of their work for that matter.
- It never showcases actual live gameplay aside from some bullshots from the editor
- CR never talks about how fun the game is, only mechanics of how things will be. e: actually no one talks about how fun the game is.
- No mention of how netcode will work, technical aspects of anything dealing with the networking side. Wait, this IS AN MMO, right?
- No mention of how servers will spin up / spin down (lol) and explanations of how this glorious magic will occur in real time, and the mechanics thereof.
- No mention about the state of the engine, and its current capabilities.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Tokamak posted:

Theorycrafting is off the chain. Also another example of how CIG doesn't have a plan for how any of the poo poo they've promised will actually work.

Goonfear tracking right along with SC funding. Every time I see posts like those, I know we're doing the Lord's work.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

An artists impression The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishment Mausoleum > Star Citizen: Eventually I found the buttons to kill myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pantsbird posted:

Or pump painful resistors into the body for 2 hours. The pain they will cause is so bad, the victim will freeze in a tense position.
I believe in engine this can be seen by the spaceman jittering but it is difficult to determine the actual state of the victim

From streams they do seem uneasy about further Star Citizen though