Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

It’s like going to McDonald’s once and having a bad experience and dedicating your life day and night to destroying the Ronald McDonald empire.

Maybe, if you were already legendary in fast food circles for being a vindictive, litigious motherfucker who won't ever let anything go, and that knowing this, Ronald McDonald spent eight hours writing a public email attacking you personally and trying to say that you were lying about your McDonald's experience in order to try to make your own burgers look better. Then the McDonald's analogy works

Derek's gonna Derek. Chris really should have known better than to get him riled up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

ewe2 posted:

:siren: Attention! :siren: Public Service Announcement!

Charlie Hall, Swofford crony and perpertrator of the doxxing of streetroller for Polygon, is emailing all contributors to https://starcitizentracker.github.io trying to get them to give up a contact to the main guys. Do not reply and do not give him a platform for his "balance"!

:siren: Attention! :siren:

You got screens of that? Put them in the research associate thread.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

Maybe, if you were already legendary in fast food circles for being a vindictive, litigious motherfucker who won't ever let anything go, and that knowing this, Ronald McDonald spent eight hours writing a public email attacking you personally and trying to say that you were lying about your McDonald's experience in order to try to make your own burgers look better. Then the McDonald's analogy works

Derek's gonna Derek. Chris really should have known better than to get him riled up

Haha.

I guess it all depends. This was the same thing that was mostly targeted at The Escapist though, right? I think I recall it was Ben who may have mostly called Derek out. I don’t remember this particular piece too well I’m afraid.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Kosumo posted:

Please Mr Bootcha, may we have another video?

Yeah, the first one was really loving well done. Looking forward to this

Talez
Jul 9, 2005

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love?
A pox on both their houses. Derek isn't any better than CR. At least when CR has a publisher they either force him to finish or remove him from the project and have a decent final product. Which is why the future of SC bodes so badly; Nobody is going to keep CR in line.

Derek just comes up against the deadline, shits in the box, and ships it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scruffpuff posted:

For what it's worth, Derek has become something of a folk hero for my wife now - she's a redhead and 100% agrees with his scorched earth policy.

I have seen it in effect first-hand, many times. If this had been her getting a refund and attacked in an 8-hour diatribe, we'd be living the same story right now with a slightly different cast of characters.

Those of us who remember Derek from his Usenet Warlord days were not surprised by any of this. Derek thinks he's Batman. "Écrasez l'infame" is his motto. Derek goes to 11.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

Haha.

I guess it all depends. This was the same thing that was mostly targeted at The Escapist though, right? I think I recall it was Ben who may have mostly called Derek out. I don’t remember this particular piece too well I’m afraid.

It was targeted at the Escapist but accused them of colluding with Derek and spent a lot of time on him as well. They had also refunded him unilaterally and Ortwin sent a bogus legal threat around the same time

It's actually... oh God. Oh Jesus

it's all in the July blog :cripes:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Bootcha posted:

You got screens of that? Put them in the research associate thread.

Done If you need proof of the source I'll PM it since it exposes my email address.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic posted:

Don’t have such hate, friend. :)

Take my hand and just laugh without feeling somehow obligated to hating anybody. Probably most of them are right nice guys outside of Star Citizen! :3:

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/867731394788720640

The Titanic posted:

It’s like going to McDonald’s once and having a bad experience and dedicating your life day and night to destroying the Ronald McDonald empire.

I personally don’t get why he does it, but it’s funny enough. I agree with Scruffpuffs wife on her points.

But I’m not the target audience either so it’s probably easier for women to not get “involved”. This is very much a boys party.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

It was targeted at the Escapist but accused them of colluding with Derek and spent a lot of time on him as well. They had also refunded him unilaterally and Ortwin sent a bogus legal threat around the same time

It's actually... oh God. Oh Jesus

it's all in the July blog :cripes:

I... was... afraid you’d say that! :ohdear:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

For every rule there are exceptions. :(

That’s why I said most, not all.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Please tell me that I've been fudded and that he's not talking about their marriage again

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Republicanus posted:

Good afternoon to all the SC fans who impotently read this thread and furiously post about Derek Smart and Goons "ruining everything'.

I want you all to know who you are railing against, at least in part. You should know that Goons are not monolithic in any real sense of the word. We've numbered over 190,000, of which there might be a couple score of thousands that post regularly.

Most of us are here because we like to laugh or have friends who are funnier than us with whom we like to hang around.

Let me tell you about who I am. I am a guy whose businesses in Star Wars Galaxies brought in tens of millions of credits a week. I supplied bounty hunters with exploding droids optimized to knock out jedi because it was hilarious.

(We had to unfortunately have a rule put in that restricted using landmines in our city because it was affecting the bottom line. It nearly did not get put in because of how funny it was to watch people randomly get exploded by residential landmines. )

We were very successful at humor. We made bank because we found things funny as gently caress to do with people.

With that as a preface, let me tell you God's honest truth. You guys are not only hilariously fanatical about Star Citizen, you are also loathsome. On top of that, you are as a population, about the least self-aware I've encountered outside of people still attending Eckankar seminars. Plus - you'll probably get a bunch of OLD Goons to start planning poo poo to do to you.

You are a wonderful bunch of targets. This is not going to change. This is something you should realize and see how it undergirds nearly all of the posting in this and the preceding threads - you guys are worthy of our attention because you are remarkably and stunningly stupid. You guys deserve to be griefed.

We want to laugh so hard at the crushing of your dreams - either through the failure of CIG/RSI's ability to stay open, or the failure of CIG/RSI's "product" if somehow a crippled version lands in your snot-encrusted fingers.

I want them to optimize the gently caress out of the models and reduce the poly count by two orders of magnitude so that CIG/RSI will shove a shitpile out the door that can handle thirty or more players - because I want to buy in and make a business to grief every one of you until you quit in a snot-bubble-blowing rage.
I want the game to come out with enough mechanics to allow me to make a business empire to create the machine to kick your rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZWXPaiM0s&t=53s

I need a good laugh.

PS> We do ruin everything - for laughs.

I hope this helps. I also hope this gives you an aneurysm.

What the hell is wrong with you? We're laughing at a crappy company designing a crappy video game here. We don't need to write manifestos about it.

Fuckin' embarassing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yo I just pop in here every so often for animal pics

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

20 minutes later 60% of my GPU is being used to render a black screen.

Seriously what the gently caress CIG.

The black screen is the funniest part of the nogame. Enjoy it fully.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I managed to get around 20 FPS on my GTX770 on minimal settings... so long as I did nothing and avoided other people.

Citizen, that is the way Chris Roberts intends the game to be played. Please do not deviate from the vision.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

What the hell is wrong with you? We're laughing at a crappy company designing a crappy video game here. We don't need to write manifestos about it.

Fuckin' embarassing.

Sad that you can't enjoy henching the ultimate grief fest.

Impossible grief fest. Game won't be made. :saddowns::filez:

Preen Dog fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 28, 2017

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Ben Lesnick, Developed.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

G0RF posted:

:lol: this is all so great.

Your wife is dead-on about Chris’s appeal to the fanboys. For the older ones, the ones who upon whom Wing Commander made so powerful an emotional impact due to the timing quirks of their own young, “I want to fly spaceships and have adventures!” impressionability and Chris’s serendipitously timed arrival at exactly the right studio and exactly the right moment, there’s an additional element of deep emotional gratitude. The longing to see this fun wizard of their childhood thrive because they’re thankful for the feelings / memories / escape his games gave them is reinforced and fortified by Chris Roberts’s accessibility and personal affability. His availability to fans at these events rewards and reinforces that gratitude. His generosity of spirit in such instances is pretty real; you can see it in fan photos where Chris has HIS arm around the fans’ shoulders and the big goofy “meet my best bud” smile in the photos he’s taking with random customers. There’s an intimacy there that you’d never see with a lot of other big names in gaming and it’s meaningful. An ego-gratifying symbiosis with real power.

For Roberts, who really has had a roller-coaster life with seasons of famine and of feasting, having the reinforcements of rock star adulation is surely a balm for the soul. Given his wife’s own unmistakeable disinterest in the industry and her discounting of the significance of Wing Commander in its historical context, the deep admiring validation that erupts from the fanboys probably carries extra power. If there was a /fanboysmirin subreddit, Chris and the citizenry would dominate it from all the moments of earnest affection exchanged.

I don’t say that disparagingly, I think it’s actually something Chris does right and with largely authentic warmth. Shame about the lying and mercenary fleecing but hey, nobody’s perfect! :/

:gary:

+42 have a :gary:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I wonder what ArfJason makes of this?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ayn Marx posted:

Bring back Marching Powder imo

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

Last time I heard of him he was still trying to doxx his parents.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

Citizen, that is the way Chris Roberts intends the game to be played. Please do not deviate from the vision.

Honestly it gives me hope that Squadron 42 will be playable.

Terrible.

But playable.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe the Steam thread's crybaby refugee Dominic White is also an idiot.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

I can't believe the Steam thread's crybaby refugee Dominic White is also an idiot.
Was that the controller guy or am I thinking of someone else

To be fair the steam thread is loving poo poo so it's easy to get mixed up

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I guess when your princess doesnt exist hasnt been programmed in yet, the only thing left to protect is the game's honor.

Must be tiresome, lugging all that white armor around.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I guess when your princess doesnt exist hasnt been programmed in yet, the only thing left to protect is the game's honor.

WATCH ME, JOBBO_FETT, ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THIS PUNK!

IVE GOT THAT TINGLY FEELING AGAIN!! I should probably stopping sitting on my foot...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WATCH ME, JOBBO_FETT, ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THIS PUNK!

IVE GOT THAT TINGLY FEELING AGAIN!! I should probably stopping sitting on my foot...

Oh poo poo guys lookit this loving horseman of apostcalypse! *starts throwing gang signs*

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Yo I just pop in here every so often for animal pics

I'm here for the recipes and these fuckers have been lacking lately...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh poo poo guys lookit this loving horseman of apostcalypse! *starts throwing gang signs*

I disagree with your opinion.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

OH poo poo I JUST LAID THE SMACK DOWN ON THAT IDIOT WITH MY UNDENIABLE TRUTH.

I AM YELLING BECAUSE I AM 100% SURE OF THE THINGS I AM SAYING.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TRIPLE POST = I WIN.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can't even handle that jackoff.

I mean, props to him, he's like a small time Chris. He runs around Reddit and TEST spewing shitfest videos about clickbait topics, then he talks poo poo about anyone on the other side of the argument for talking about those same issues with an opposing opinion.

He tried talking poo poo about me on the SC sub a while back saying I was a refunder, derek goon, blah blah, the usual poo poo. At the time I was still very much into Star Citizen and obviously took issue with him misrepresenting poo poo and called him out on it. He then started PMing me warm fuzzy friendly messages being "hehehe, it's good for the drama hehehe"

That cockgobler will say whatever if he thinks it will whip his SC fanboy following up and keep them watching his bullshit videos where he pretends to accurately report issues and current SC events.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Bbad

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

hey now star citizens are really open to constructive criticism of star citizen, you guys are just doing it wrong. here's a guide:

unconstructive:

- game is way over schedule
- game is way over scoped
- 3.0 is buggy
- long term framerate issues
- specific bug reports
- feedback on which systems are not fun
- feedback on the game in general

constructive:

- game is too good
- i can't give the game money in more ways
- chris roberts and sandi too perfect as a couple

edit: lol i cant believe dominic white is a writer for all those gaming websites, no wonder they've all gone to poo poo

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 28, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Who is Dominic white

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Derek thinks he's Batman.

this is an extremely good and accurate take

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Bring back Marching Powder imo

With that thread sheriff avatar

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

juggalo baby coffin posted:

hey now star citizens are really open to constructive criticism of star citizen, you guys are just doing it wrong. here's a guide:

unconstructive:

- game is way over schedule
- game is way over scoped
- 3.0 is buggy
- long term framerate issues
- specific bug reports
- feedback on which systems are not fun
- feedback on the game in general

constructive:

- game is too good
- i can't give the game money in more ways
- chris roberts and sandi too perfect as a couple

edit: lol i cant believe dominic white is a writer for all those gaming websites, no wonder they've all gone to poo poo

make sure to watch your tone when you post that the game is too good because citizens on Reddit have been haunted by a man who doesn't like their video game and will attack if your tone is mean about the video gam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

parp shutinzen bad