Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Wage expenses generally go up during layoffs due to severance payments. Trying to extrapolate headcount from wage expenses is not very accurate.

PederP fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

shrach posted:

What is interesting is that the rumours of cutting back in staff numbers seem untrue. If anything they are increasing staff numbers in the UK exponentially. Foundry 42 Ltd employed an average of 221 people in 2016 which rose to an average of 284 people in the first six months of 2017. Wages in 2016 totalled some £9.8m but the first six months of 2017 totalled £6.05m. They have been fairly consistent with an average gross salary (inc ER's NI) of around £45k per employee.

The Derby office went from 3 people to a full studio in a new office building this past year.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Hav posted:

Thou art constructed from adhesive, while our aspect is that of rubber.

If you are going to go full on go full on:

Thou art constructed from clibbor, whilst ours is that of rubber, verily.

It adds a level of gravitas to the citizen reading the response and may get them rubbing at an incredible rate.

Couldn't find an old English sounding equivalent for rubber :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Combat Theory posted:

If the ATV with Max Hung wasn't enough to show what kind of professionalism and experience they recruit I can't help you goonalure

(for those that couldn't follow it past his name... New Dude's working on spaceflight and combat while you get the idea that ace combat would be 3 times over his head already)

Reminds me of another ATV where they wheeled in some new guy that looked like a high school kid to talk about the Caterpillar interior (yeah, this was a ways back). New guy was nervous as hell and no idea how long the drat thing was on camera.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

monkeytek posted:

If you are going to go full on go full on:

Thou art constructed from clibbor, whilst ours is that of rubber, verily.

It adds a level of gravitas to the citizen reading the response and may get them rubbing at an incredible rate.

Couldn't find an old English sounding equivalent for rubber :(

Methinks thou dost rub too much.

not really. always rub

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

The Derby office went from 3 people to a full studio in a new office building this past year.

I wonder if they're pulling the 'ol state line job building for tax purposes switcharoo.

There's a lot of joking about not understanding game development but I'll bleach my rear end twice if I can look at Star Citizen and fathom what 300+ people all theoretically bent to the same task are getting up to all day for years on end. I guess roll out the comments about producing commercials or trashing their work over and over due to insane micromanagement without a clear vision. Still seems absolutely baffling when it becomes clear that no one at the top even knows what the HUD looks like, they clearly didn't micromanage that.

It's enough to make you write more than a single line poo poo joke out of pure confusion.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Streetroller posted:

I'd like to point out: Something interesting happens if he decided to "no-show"...
He gets a default judgment as a fraud, which then can be used against him in future cases.

It's almost as if you've put some thought and planning and careful timing into this instead of just throwing any old poo poo out there like, say, a scam artist would

You're going to make him look you right in the eye, on your terms, on your turf

You are a steely eyed missile man

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Oh how a two a seat ship becomes a one seat ship and no one knows why. Boggles the mind.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Streetroller posted:

I'd like to point out: Something interesting happens if he decided to "no-show"...
He gets a default judgment as a fraud, which then can be used against him in future cases.

I think he means that you'll get the New Jersey Leonard J local counsel rather than the default judgement.

Although that would be loving hilarious. Wasn't it Bank Of America that had their poo poo repossessed by a customer?

shrach posted:

Very few of the employees are mean, most are just nice honest people. I was using hyperbole though, I should have known better in these dark days of linguistics.

Repent, sinner.

I'm wondering if this is RSI ramping up for substantive work, or are they relocating from Europe?

I may have accidentally snorted a gummi bear.

Am I gonna die?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

I wonder if they're pulling the 'ol state line job building for tax purposes switcharoo.

There's a lot of joking about not understanding game development but I'll bleach my rear end twice if I can look at Star Citizen and fathom what 300+ people all theoretically bent to the same task are getting up to all day for years on end. I guess roll out the comments about producing commercials or trashing their work over and over due to insane micromanagement without a clear vision. Still seems absolutely baffling when it becomes clear that no one at the top even knows what the HUD looks like, they clearly didn't micromanage that.

It's enough to make you write more than a single line poo poo joke out of pure confusion.

Do bonuses count in wage expenses?

Someone did post that everyone they knew got double the bonus they got last year. If you are a member of the UK Porsche fanciers club, you may know a few people.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Golli posted:

Methinks thou dost rub too much.

not really. always rub

Sorry, was using clibbor while rubbing.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Chris will have a lawyer show up on his behalf, if even that.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Hav posted:

Am I gonna die?

Ben does this sort of things hourly and he's still alive. More or less.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Golli posted:

If you are a member of the UK Porsche fanciers club, you may know a few people.

Doubtful, it is an exclusive club after all and I hear CIG aren't too keen on that kind of thing

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

kilus aof posted:

Has anyone said "Citizens Going Their Own Way" yet?

No, and I like it..

CGTOA. It doubles for cultists or citizens.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
There are commenters under Streetroller's video that think they need to defend CIG/RSI. This shows such a lack of faith in CIG/RSI, it's almost heretical.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I'm working on a little list of stuff that will never stop being funny. Remember this one?

Virtual Captain posted:

WTFo:
I'm a dumbass for thinking 3.0 would be out in March
I'm not giving Star Citizen anymore publicity until 3.0 is out
CIG already choose the streamers they are sending to Gamescom/Citcon a long time ago
"There is a lot of smokescreen"
Not getting a refund "that money is gone" "I'm an adult"
Streaming any game but Star Citizen
Still doing podcast with BoredGamerUK
Game is always just around the corner, tired of it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

XK posted:

Chris will have a lawyer show up on his behalf, if even that.

No man, it's going to be like an 80's movie with a montage and a surprise witness that causes Chris to confess all his evil doings and then some buttrock like You got the Touch will play while the credits roll.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

PederP posted:

Wage expenses generally go up during layoffs due to severance payments. Trying to extrapolate headcount from wage expenses is not very accurate.

Except that there is zero extrapolation of headcount. We get both an independent audited figure for the total amount of wages and also an independent audited figure for the average number of employees. I just added that dividing one audited figure by the other audited figure has shown they maintain an average of around £45k per employee consistently for each of the three accounting periods.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Golli posted:

I wonder.

Suppose someone purchases something from company X and requests a refund. Then you get a letter from company X that says (among other things) that you are not entitled to a refund from company X, you should address your inquiry to company Y, but you really aren't entitled to a refund in any case.

Then after some additional back and forth, you get a letter from company X (or company Y) saying you might be getting a refund out of the goodness of their heart, even though you are not entitled to one.

Then money appears in your account from company Z which is not equal to the amount of your refund request.

Whether you actually received a (partial) refund, or simply a donation from a business you have never transacted with.

Attorneys General probably have an answer to this.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

'You said my pledge was all spent and not returnable? So what's this hush money you're sending me via paypal? Were you lying?'

What a player.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 10, 2018

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

No man, it's going to be like an 80's movie with a montage and a surprise witness that causes Chris to confess all his evil doings and then some buttrock like You got the Touch will play while the credits roll.

The courtroom will be filled with BarCitizen (NJ) members dropping books on the floor to make Streetroller break cover like it's a Brady Bunch episode.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh how a two a seat ship becomes a one seat ship and no one knows why. Boggles the mind.

God help me I actually dug into the loving nightmare that is the Star Citizen forum to see if I could find a post about that from Feb 2016.

quote:

So you have the artist who ensures that everything is scaled for two people, that the two people have somewhere to sit.
You have the guy who rigs the animations so that people walk in, doors and chairs move where they're supposed to go.
You have the guy who makes sure that the pilot's head sits where it's supposed to sit.
You have the audio guy who makes sure that everyone is getting the right audio cues.
You have the UI guy who makes sure everything is rigged up for both seats.
You have the programmer who makes sure that both seats are connected to the appropriate systems.
You have the people in charge of them who go to the meetings.
You have the people who tell them what to do, passing around the concept art, design documents and having internal meetings.

Then you have the QA guys, who give the thumbs up on the dudes pulling the trigger don't crash the client any sooner than the client should be crashing anyways because someone looked at a cup of noodles the wrong way.

All of these people working together, to the cost of thousands upon thousands of dollars, and somewhere in there the second seat vanished in the last few weeks. After the ship was put on sale for the second month in a row.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moma plz respond.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dusty Lens posted:

God help me I actually dug into the loving nightmare that is the Star Citizen forum to see if I could find a post about that from Feb 2016.

Moma plz respond.

I'll respond for him.

You're out of ORDER!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Dusty Lens posted:

They know Star Citizen proper is borked so it is all hands on deck for Foundry 42 England to crap out a single player mo-capped CGI disasterpiece first person shooter. Chris himself said that if funding were to stop then they could finish Squadron 42 and use the funding to finish Star Citizen. Well, it looks like funding were to stop.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Truly verily I am triggered

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

shrach posted:

Foundry 42 Ltd filed their accounts today. These are early, since they reduced the accounting period. They cover the six month period from 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2017.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08703814/filing-history

There isn't too much of interest. Accountancy. Basically they no longer hold any cash reserves in the company, but things like bank balance and debtors (tax credit) don't hold much informative value since we're comparing June to December.

What is interesting is that the rumours of cutting back in staff numbers seem untrue. If anything they are increasing staff numbers in the UK exponentially. Foundry 42 Ltd employed an average of 221 people in 2016 which rose to an average of 284 people in the first six months of 2017. Wages in 2016 totalled some £9.8m but the first six months of 2017 totalled £6.05m. They have been fairly consistent with an average gross salary (inc ER's NI) of around £45k per employee.

There's a curious increase in "other creditors" that totals around £1.6m (up from £50k at December 2016). This is due for repayment within one year. It's not the other companies. Not really worth speculating what it is though.

It remains to be seen if they reduce the accounting period for the other UK companies, or if they extend them. Head says they should reduce and file a six months set. Heart says they will extend and file an eighteen month set. I really don't think there is a third "CIG option" to file a normal twelve month set of accounts...
foundry 42 is being owed 1.5 million if im reading this correctly right?

video game tax credit that backers were harping to be the guarantee for the loan actually decreased this year. :allears:

also they are thinking about paying employee's with shares.

it would explain the increase of shares in cloud imperium games UK. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Moma plz respond.

Good work. Then Ben, Director of Spaceships basically stated he would do an exhaustive investigation on where the seat went. Eight months later he came up with the fact that the person who would know the answer has left the company so therefore no definitive resolution.

What a company.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

It's good to remember that Ben is the guy who stands at the door and makes sure that no one passing by hears what's happening in the room behind him.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dark Off posted:

That should shut up the whining about flimsy bog rolls for a bit anyway.

Golli fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 10, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hey, uh, would you mind if I short the company shares?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Dark Off posted:

foundry 42 is being owed 1.5 million if im reading this correctly right?

video game tax credit that backers were harping to be the guarantee for the loan actually decreased this year. :allears:

it would explain the increase of shares in cloud imperium games UK. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history

No, that's a creditor. They owe that £1.5m. It may be a loan (or overdraft) that is due for repayment within one year (possibly to be replaced by a fresh new Coutts loan). It's not worth speculating really.

The tax credits are an asset, shown in debtors. It stood at over £5m as at June 2017. Which was comprised of the entire 2016 tax credits and then calculated six months (£3.3 + £1.8 = £5.1m). Don't forget this is six months, not a year, so it has actually increased in line with the increased costs (wage/employee increase).

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

We'll start the action at $42,000 for this fine jpeg.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Whoever was calling pitching company shares to backers at the $21000 potluck dinner better be priming all of his favorite rubs.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Colostomy Bag posted:

Good work. Then Ben, Director of Spaceships basically stated he would do an exhaustive investigation on where the seat went. Eight months later he came up with the fact that the person who would know the answer has left the company so therefore no definitive resolution.

What a company.

Lmao

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

shrach posted:

No, that's a creditor. They owe that £1.5m. It may be a loan (or overdraft) that is due for repayment within one year (possibly to be replaced by a fresh new Coutts loan). It's not worth speculating really.

The tax credits are an asset, shown in debtors. It stood at over £5m as at June 2017. Which was comprised of the entire 2016 tax credits and then calculated six months (£3.3 + £1.8 = £5.1m). Don't forget this is six months, not a year, so it has actually increased in line with the increased costs (wage/employee increase).

I appreciate the corrections didn't think about the 6 months thing applying to tax credit as well

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Dusty Lens posted:

Whoever was calling pitching company shares to backers at the $21000 potluck dinner better be priming all of his favorite rubs.

The beauty of this is how it could be invisible in the accounts. Say the company bought back shares for £2m from the current shareholders and then the company sold shares for £2m to excited new investors, the company accounts could actually show no change because the two figures would net off to zero. I think we'll have to wait and see though, might be a little too brazen.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

You can't make this stuff up. Most would think describing this dumpster fire is hyperbole but it is just the standard truth is stranger than fiction.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Dusty Lens posted:

Have they even gone on sale yet? It would be awesome if nobody bought in and they were sitting on a pile of unsold tickets that Miku would be forced to scoop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Streetroller posted:

So Here's The Deal: I'm suing Chris Roberts for consumer fraud in small claims court.
Everything he's ever said will be used against him as a public figure, and his litany of LLC shell companies don't protect him.
He either comes to Jersey to defend himself, or get's a default judgment of being a fraud.

loving blow me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ

space court is now in session.