Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

DapperDon posted:

True Floridians know that Chili's is the best place to go for that.

Sonny's.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

But they don't have Southwest eggrolls.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yep, I reckon you've got the right of it.

Nothing satisfies that dick-slap craving like doing it next to a big heaping plate of mid-tier barbeque two tables over from the world's oldest man.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DapperDon posted:

True Floridians know that Chili's is the best place to go for that.

Yeah, but less dick-slapping.

DapperDon posted:

But they don't have Southwest eggrolls.

Neither does 4 Rivers, and I'll take that over Sonny's, real Florida or not.

They do have cheerwine and fried pickles, though. Not the best combination, but the intersection of two very small sets.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Suck my table-slapping dick, you fuckman.

Remind me to pass on any dinner invitations from you, mkay?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you like BBQ you should never, ever eat at Sonny's.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

big nipples big life posted:

My parents are coming to visit and the first place they always want to eat is Sonny's. :smith:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/844971166649397248

Dear god they bought new mocap gear. What the gently caress

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
SQ42 is coming out 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

skaboomizzy posted:

My parents are coming to visit and the first place they always want to eat is Sonny's. :smith:

Try taking them to a real BBQ joint, maybe it's not too late to fix them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This. All of it. :vince::five::bravo:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
:takes thread's advice:

Later: "What do you mean, you can't eat out in Florida anymore?"

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Gramps posted:

I am the subtle oversized cheque leaning against the wall in the background to subliminally remind people to keep throwing money at the dumpster fire. :)

(Lost count now of the amount of times that cheque has been nestling in the background of various pics and CIG 'shows', it moves around a fair bit for an inanimate object)

Edit: gently caress sake,

Which of the dumb shillizens was screaming about "They can't possibly be still doing mo-cap, that would mean no S42 derp"? They are indeed still doing loving mo-cap :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 23, 2017

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Gramps posted:

I actually opened Twitter to verify this one. The huge video game Star Citizen never ceases to amaze me.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/KnottyDullSalsifyPoooound

This won't be a problem after the refactoring. It is normal. Remember Alfa.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gramps posted:

:iiam:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

It looks like the check is for $0,000.00

Maybe they got it from an investor

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

You know what I enjoyed from WC? The thing in cutscenes where they used a static image, but made the mouths/eyes move. Being like 10 years old, I was amazed at how simple it was, but they were still able to match the facial "animation" to the words they were saying.

They could have just done that again and made an actual video game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I wonder if the lack of any famous people in that photo indicates that CIG have worked out that you can just take mocap footage of anyone and you don't literally need to motion capture the AAA celebrity walking down the stairs in order to have them walk down the stairs in your video game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe you missed world famous actress Sandi Gardiner, who is billed above many not nearly as famous people in the movie Squadron 42 (her lucky number), in that picture.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

also the title would suck less if it was "space sham" so you could sing it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

If there's one thing I know about technology , it's that buying the latest greatest bleeding edge means it is usually out of the reach for most normal people / companies

Remember when large format tvs were like 10 grand for a 40inch , and now they're a few hundred

Someone in the know should figure out how much the newest mocap gear costs , because 100s of thousands is probably in the right ballpark

Also didn't they just post a road map showing all mocap was finished officially , what the hell are they still spending money on it for Hahaha get a refund

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sabreseven posted:

I am the subtle oversized cheque leaning against the wall in the background to subliminally remind people to keep throwing money at the dumpster fire. :)

(Lost count now of the amount of times that cheque has been nestling in the background of various pics and CIG 'shows', it moves around a fair bit for an inanimate object)

Edit: gently caress sake,

Which of the dumb shillizens was screaming about "They can't possibly be still doing mo-cap, that would mean no S42 derp"? They are indeed still doing loving mo-cap :D

I'm just amazed they have a standard type table you'd find anywhere versus the wing from the Enola Gay.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Reddit Consensus

quote:

THIS is exactly my first thought.... why would Sandy be wearing that? I was, for about 45 seconds sure there could be no other reason other than needing a rig for in-lore, spectrum news reports which we already know will be in.
Course, it could be for normal PU facial captures, secondary characters, etc etc... plenty of reasons for it to exist for sure... but seems about the right quality needed for spectrum reports that'll be on screens in the game .....

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe you missed world famous actress Sandi Gardiner, who is billed above many not nearly as famous people in the movie Squadron 42 (her lucky number), in that picture.

I've seen her in a video once but I'm not sure it was a AAA production. Seemed more like the other end of the alphabet entirely actually.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Reddit Consensus

"Acted In-Lore News Reports." WhaaaaAAAAAAT?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

DapperDon posted:

That wasn't just one guy being a dumbass thats the legit official opinion

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That wasn't just one guy being a dumbass thats the legit official opinion

Well if they say so. What do I know about In-Lore News Development anyway.

E: Taxx

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Easiest way to explain it is:

They are on the Spectrum :D

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I wonder if the lack of any famous people in that photo indicates that CIG have worked out that you can just take mocap footage of anyone and you don't literally need to motion capture the AAA celebrity walking down the stairs in order to have them walk down the stairs in your video game.
they've been doing this since last year

since the script changed so much and entire scenes and characters need to be reshot, they had stand ins for both mocap and voice. can't wait to hear steve blum try his hardest to be gary oldman

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Well given the last set of notes from the chairman I think he should be somewhere floating around Germany. He'll set it all straight.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I can't wait to see Ben mocapping a space fighter pilot

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

TheAgent posted:

since the script changed so much and entire scenes and characters need to be reshot, they had stand ins for both mocap and voice. can't wait to hear steve blum try his hardest to be gary oldman

*Steve Blum changes voice by 1%*

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Sappo569 posted:

I can't wait to see Ben mocapping a space fighter pilot

They should just steal the Porkins shots from SW.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

DapperDon posted:

Didn't they already do hundreds of these before every ATV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIip9TPjGDk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheAgent posted:

loving lol, they had to re-do the voices of the AAA cast but they couldn't pay them to do it? I wonder how much of the footage and audio is wasted.

I guess fortunately Gary Oldman did such a lovely job with his voice work that it's not exactly a high bar.