Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Pilz posted:

I know, but something about playing a multiplayer (especially MMO) game in singleplayer mode always felt weird to me. And yeah, I keep hearing mixed reports. A lot of people love it, but a lot of people hate it.

We get that a lot in Warframe, everything in that game is designed as a 4 player coop game (except spy mission lol) and then you get people complaining that they can't solo the content. To be fair a lot of the content can be soloed once you get to a sufficient power level but still it shouldn't be expected and you should only blame yourself if you insist on playing solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gotta respect the NDA you know.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm glad that you got pardoned btw.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They mentioned FYAD on the giant beastcast this weekend and I remembered this thread and the great FYAD threat. Now I know what it is to feel grief.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Lol they shill so hard for Roberts vision that they think we give a gently caress about any of Dereks lovely games? They are projecting again I think.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

So he bailed from Ubisoft to work on SC? That's a stranger carer choice.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gay people in video games trigger me so hard.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Watch the new call of duty lunch sequence.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

http://imgur.com/gallery/5S2ZX

One of the comments:

quote:

Which studio? Sofia? At Frankfurt we have "only" 2,5 half months late... #ifeelyabrah

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This is good for bitscoin Star Citizen.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The question is it Anabell or Deloria?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I don't know about the Rift, isn't Palmer some kind of Internet Nazi?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The entire PC master race stuff was a joke to make fun of elitist pc gamers, and the PC gaming community just took it and adopted it wholesale.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I just finished the COD IW campaign, the first time you go from the bridge, take an elevator down to the flight deck, walk over to your fighter and get in and take of into space it's all very cool but I thought of SC and realized that doing this every mission will be super tedious. Then the game just spawned me in front of the fighter when I went on the next mission. Looks like someone at Infinity Ward realized it to.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Actually that Dr. Tamras to you.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I predict they will show of a super cool trailer and everyone will loose their minds SQ42 is finally here, then at the end "The new Drake Man-O-War, the latest capital ship from Drake Interplanetary only 1000$*

*20% off for new cash purchases.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

chochmah posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iodrp/what_will_you_purchase_at_the_sale/

What will you purchase at the sale? The first three comments are "Nothing!".

Well you see the blue bar marked Content in this internal schedule? That is where "DREAMS" happen.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How many of the people left at CIG are just keeping their head down, while working on their tell all book.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Chalks posted:

It is a little. So are you in the angry about the xmas livestream "my wallet is closed" camp, or the "all is perpetually forgiven no matter what" camp these days?

The "my wallet is closed" camp got moved to concern.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

intardnation posted:

I am out - thanks moma for all the help!
No longer a star shitizen and I feel free. Can I still laugh and point now that I dont have skin in the game?

If you ever wanna check if you got out of a cult, tell some citizens that you got a refund and watch how they react.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/20/14029448/star-citizen-crytek-closures-impact-squadron-42-star-marine

What are the cultists talking about in the comments here? Are there planets in the game now?

quote:

They added procedural planet tech that streams in without loading and runs at 60fps.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Derek is so important around here we loving banned him so Lowtax could get his :tenbux:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I love the "you are seeing the part of AAA game dev you usually never see" argument. Because a lot of those games never ever comes out, and there is nothing indicating that it can't happen to SC either.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The real reason is CIG burned all their bridges to crytec with one of Roberts classic meltdowns and they refuse to work with CIG now. Roberts and co still needed an insane amount of help with the engine and they are not able to do it alone, so they had to find a way to get support from their engine makers.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I made a new friend

Her name is Sombra.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYbyZvkM2c

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The weird bitcoin guy at work is a Titanic truther. Lmao I wonder if he's a citizen.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DancingShade posted:

Silly billy. If you say it's not pay to win then clearly it is. Because who would ever lie about such a thing? *chortles heartily*

To use a phrase from an entirely different video game company "No Tricks, No Traps".

CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ONE

Trion?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Cry engine contract CIG had with crytek probably ran out and instead of renewing it they went for a free option. They are not actually switching anything, since any differences between lumberyard and starengine can be hand waived away as "modifications"

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

So perfect for SC then considering the fact that you can get banned from their forums if you complain when the whales send you dick pics.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Are they moderating twitch chat or something? How is the chat not calling for his head?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How much clothes must a cool gamergirl have on before its uncool to grab her rear end?

Asking for a friend.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

MedicineHut posted:

By the way, it seems that in addition to Star Marine, CIG also released full VR support you suckers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5lqjfk/just_tried_star_citizen_in_vr_and_the_feeling_is/

When asked how he did it the OP seems to dodge the question, but I am sure he is absolutely not full of poo poo.

The intrepid citizen used a GearVR to have the best VR experience ever. Praise Roberts!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Xaerael posted:

Well, there is something you can do about it... you just don't call it an MMO. If people started calling Forks "Spoons", mass consensus doesn't make it right.

That's not how it works, over time spoons would just become the what we called forks. There are hundreds of examples of this.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, I'd think a little over 300 people are part of CIG proper. The rest are web design jockeys at turbulent and the guys literally making the enemies fleet for their single player game thats supposed to come out this year and that we've not actually seen hide or hair from. The guys that had to be contracted to do their work after saying that they didn't need any more contractors because they were doing everything in house now. The guys that had to be brought in because your staff is too busy redesigning every ship for the third time.

Designing and selling ships is the core of the CIG business model after all, making the game is secondary.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no. No one made him cadge thousands of dollars from fools for something he quite apparently has no intention to do. Besides, he's a Citizen. He'll probably ignore me just like the Citizenry ignore reality.

EDIT: You know, if you don't want people criticizing you, then don't get on a public forum soliciting money for a project, then go back on that public forum AFTER getting the money, talking about neat new stuff you own and ways you waste time while NOT showing any activity on the project you got the money for. He did this, not me.

How much did you donate to Ben for commando?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All the aliens in Star Citizen are of the Star Trek School of Xeno Diversity.

It's even worse, Chris have just taken racial stereotypes from earth and plastered it over space.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Someone overlay a graph of every failed release date.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you get a refund now you won't get lti on your ships when the game comes out and is amazing, you will have to slum it with the regular plebs. The only way to make sure that you get to B'tak with the rest of the elite commandos is to keep pledging. Star Citizen can never fail, but you can fail Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You gots to believe in yourself. Positize the negative! When life throws pies in your face, you make yourself a tall cool glass of piemonade

You know when you have 140 millions of stupid nerds money and a leased sportscar even failure can feel like success.