Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm a stupid PC noob, but what possible reason could anyone have for that setup besides "I have literally nothing and nobody else in my life to spend money on"?

So you can complain on reddit whenever a game doesn't work in triple SLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Gosts posted:

How are you guys liking elite: dangerous? I'd like to buy it but I have two concerns. One, I hear they're doing lots of expansions which will cost lots more money unless you backed it, or something. Two, I'm concerned to hear combat usually isn't as viable a way to make money as sitting in a space truck for twenty hours.

Ha. Isn't that a funny thought? With E:D's pledge model, you actually save money if you backed it beforehand. Ha. Ha.

I remember reading a review for X3 where the reviewer said it was like there was a river filled with poop and you could swim through it to find diamonds.

Elite: Dangerous is basically the same thing

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

It's possible that Squadron 42 doesn't actually exist, right? Maybe they're thinking that this is their ace in the hole. They'll email the bank an empty Perforce directory labeled "Squadron 42" as collateral and ride off into the sunset.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I'm not sure exactly what Ortwin does since I don't follow the lore but the way he keeps getting referenced in Reddit threads reminds me of Lowtax pulling out Leonard J. Crabs

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I don't remember that Kazan specifically, but I definitely remember trying to download Freespace mods when I was a teenager and finding these people that really embodied the self-important internet man persona this website used to joke about. I assumed they'd mostly winked out of existence with the rise of social media, sort of like how in American Gods there were goblins that would steal milk off your porch until Americans started building highways and doing drugs.