Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Mu77ley posted:

The penny has finally dropped it seems

This happened last time. The hissy fit lasted about 48 hours then he was back on message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Remember when MOMA was blathering on about regression testing of bugs? Good times. Good times.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Guys I think we're getting to the point where we have more reddit posts in this thread than exist on reddit itself

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Shankerz posted on here briefly. Iirc he was most notable for hating gays even more than IRNI hates Jews.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

Merry loving Christmas from NZ, you filthy animals.

Merry Christmas and kia kaha bro

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Sorry to hear someone is being nasty to cymelion but the "he's ok really" narrative does require ignoring all those times he's been an utter oval office on Reddit.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

So I regularly listen to the Crate & Crowbar podcast (UK games journo types) and one of the main hosts, Chris Thursten, is an absolute space fanboy. Any space game, he'll play it to death.

On one of the recent episodes he started talking about getting back into Elite:Dangerous, and yet he immediately starts complaining about the pace of development and every step of the way compares it to, you guessed it, Star Citizen. It's absolutely infuriating hearing him unironically whinge that Elite's scope is smaller than SC's and the pace of development is much slower, though he does at least accept that Elite makes features fully playable.

At one point his girlfriend asks him if those SC features were just "in development" or if they'd been shown. "Oh yes, they've been shown" he says.

Holy gently caress. He's a smart guy and an experienced game journalist. How the actual gently caress do you see canned demos of "features" that never appear again years later, and consider that a feature that's been developed?

It's insane what this shitshow does to people's brains.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Mirificus how many hours do you think you've spent cataloguing all the bad posts from RSI/Reddit/random internet comment threads? I fear it's become a bit of an obsession.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Megabound posted:

Yea, that annoyed me too. Someone needs to send in a really long email to them. I don't think he's indoctrinated, just poorly informed. He might just watch a trailer every now and then without paying attention to anything else. I don't think he's even played the alpha post Star Marine.

I brought it up on their Discord a while back, when Chris was super keen the previous time. Chris didn't engage at all. I'm not a huge fan of what the podcast has turned into these days anyway so it's more effort than I'm willing to expend, I just found it notable that there was a complete lack of critical thinking.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Course he is. He has many interesting and thoughtful opinions on things, he's an eloquent and erudite speaker, and he's a decent writer on top of that.

He's a smart guy.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Read that and thought it sounded sane and thoughtfully designed but had little faith cig could implement it... Oops

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

DapperDon posted:

Player 2 has entered the game.

You're really hard to distinguish from other redditors to be honest

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Ayn Marx posted:

Hiya, this thread was getting weird again so I thought it needed a bad Ayn Marx post to make that official

It's a thread about obsessively archiving Reddit and the CIG forums, it's never not weird.

I remember when a few people declared that the phrase "don't touch the poop" was stupid. This thread is what happens when the advice is no longer followed.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

"she" has been noticed singing up to other forums just to shill for star citizen, making a single post

like everything she posts may as well say Cum Play M'Lord

And pretending to have just discovered the game as well. It's not even honest shilling.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Chin posted:

No one's saying they shouldn't have done it. No one's saying it's bad they did it. I just think it's naive to give a bunch of scamming shitheads public kudos as if them signing and mailing a brochure wasn't an obvious PR move and also something to make themselves feel important and charitable while taking almost $1,000 of the kid's money for their scam.

Nah. Other companies might have gifted a copy of their game or whatever, but brochures and jpegs are the only thing RSI have actually loving produced so it's a reasonable gift

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, I heard there was a secret build
That Crobblers played, and Ben was thrilled
But you don't really care for gaming, do ya

:golfclap:

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Stop taking surface details posts at face value please and thank you

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Have we successfully screenshotted and posted the whole of reddit yet?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

That's heartbreaking.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Bad-ice

Wow

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

His office is outfitted with the very latest in air conditioning tech that not only pumps 140 million cubic meters of coco flavoured oxygen in, it also attempts to filter and purify the displaced air when he enters, *attempts*.

His chair is also fitted with a 150,000 litre airtank that uses compressed deodorant and a series of high pressure nozzles to direct perfumed chemicals directly to his crusted over, gut acorn.

:)

Leave the creative writing to the funny people.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Some of the fantasy and 40k novels are decent to read, regardless of whether the game is trash and how many of the other novels are awful.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

On a related note, I saw some questions about how more players would participate with the long-awaited delta patcher system. We're hard at work on this and are happy to say we're reaching some very critical milestones!

code:
HELLO WORLD!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Alright Derek, spill the beans: How did you get Battlezone II: Combat Commander to work in Windows 10 like that?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

"Several ships done and ready for release way ahead of schedule"

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but everything is way behind schedule even if it releases tomorrow

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Lazrin posted:

you remember derek isn't your leader, right?

edit: o wait

Leaders are defined by people telling them what to do

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

The cat is only 13, so it needs to be able to defend itself from Seraph or Ben

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Space Crabs posted:

i'm going to go back and find some of the 2013 goon posts calling it that this game would never get made just to end the who called it argument

Yeah I feel Derek has forgotten he's a total latecomer to this who's spent countless blogs rehashing what the thread has already said / discovered

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm ready to go full angry cat at this poo poo

I have less of a science background than Chris Roberts since I'm not a thumb with the mind of wide-eyed 8-year-old but

YOU NEED TWO PROTONS TO DO THAT YOU loving HUMPS

JEEEEEZUS

I miss EVE-On, the Eve magazine. It was awesome :(

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Meridian posted:

Watching that thread melt down on release was glorious.

I remember arguing with some dude who seems to post really smug poo poo on a lot of threads - Zaphod? - as he was convinced the ship battles would be some complicated set of resistances and poo poo that you could work around with different ammo types... like, NMS' trailer was some horseshit but aside from that virtually everything they showed and said about the game pointed to it being a shallow experience of "go look at the stuff we came up with while doing really basic tasks"

which also means I was nearly satisfied with what I got at release (it's a shame the game was so ugly and surprisingly punishing to play), hooray for managing your own expectations

(ask me about buying some fancy edition of Spore :( )

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I just took a look at the star citizen tag on pc gamer and holy poo poo do they signal boost for CIG. I mean what the actual gently caress is this: http://www.pcgamer.com/these-disappointed-no-mans-sky-players-are-turning-to-star-citizen/

That is cringe worthy. Absolutely embarrassing.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

They don't have the chops. They've hired a heap of inexperienced people and promoted others way beyond their competence. They have very very few people who've shipped big games, let alone triple A stuff.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

XK posted:

The Witness sucked.

It's playing a $1 phone game inside a pretty walking simulator.

The ending was self wankery.

It released at $40.

Jonathon Blow pukes out trash.

Maybe melting down over a game you haven't played is a bad idea I dunno

Calling it a mobile phone game is really really dumb, the basic underlying mechanic might be a simple one but everything that surrounds and informs it is complex and ridiculously well thought out. Blow is a total arse but he made a seriously good game.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

hmm yes lets link to a site that includes a category such as "SJW insanity" and has this as one of its top articles: "EXCLUSIVE: Anti-Trump Troll Elliott Lusztig Got Unmasked. Surprise, He's a Huge Cuck!"

Massively pro-GamerGate, pro-Trump, anti-feminist - boy, you really pick your friends. Is this better or worse than the actual Nazi you decided to cozy up to about SC?

You're an absolute loving nutjob with nutjob allies, and all the emoticon spamming in the world can't hide that. You're as broken as Chris Roberts, ffs.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, tell us how you really feel.

ps: Because linking to a story that explains what happened, now means you're "friends" with them.

pps: You're a loving moron. You know nothing.

Linking to a story about you on a site like that does actually mean you're lending it some credibility, believe the angle it's pushing is accurate, and are more than happy to signal boost(lol) that sort of total arsehole as long as it benefits you.

Genuinely think you're missing some important parts of your brain that would normally allow you to know when something is a good or bad idea, which would also explain LOD's youtube videos

The Shitizens are dreadful, weird people but guys like you don't exactly make this side of the argument any better

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Can confirm the Gigabyte XM300 is a cool and good mouse that doesn't cost the earth

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Yes, I did. Months ago.

I told you all this was going to be a poo poo-show.

You really pushed the boat out there. Truly none of us expected a repeat of what happens virtually every time they've been to a con.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

smellmycheese posted:

Three hours of risible garbage. One Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars.

Counterpoint:

quote:

codesmatodes : @Kurg79 I originally backed the game i Dec and have seen huge development progress since then

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Lladre posted:

The pages scrolled so hard yesterday. Anyone have his reveal?

He said this project is doomed and 3.0 isn't good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

TOTALLY CALLED IT!!

Chris interviewed by Gamestar.de. He just confirmed what I stated months back. SQ42 is NOT being shown at GamesCom

He doesn't sound enthusiastic, and he looks very nervous - and speaking much slowly. Which means he's watching what he's saying, to some extent.

You also TOTALLY CALLED IT! that Chris wouldn't be presenting tomorrow...

Toss that coin!