Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has anyone said Christ Roberts presents Scam Shitizen in the thread yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

moma remember when you said if 2.6 didn't release this year you'd be worried about the project

lol

Only when his check bounces will he realize

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Well yesterday was a mixed bag. Got my refund deposited into my PayPal account and got a possible diagnosis of glaucoma. Have to go back for more tests, but I've had high eye pressure for years, but something they didn't like with the way the optic nerve looks or something. I'll find out more in a couple weeks when I go back in for more tests. Makes going ahead and getting a VR headset a bit higher on my priority list. Even if expensive and first gen and I know there will be better later. Better enjoy it now because there may come a day where I can't. Same with flying. Better enjoy the DA-40 while I can...

Smoke your refund weed

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Welp looks like you filthy leavers and non believers were wrong

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Same

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Well you see I used powdered cinnamon, cointreau instead of lemon, rum, and some amaretto

Da gently caress

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

BeefThief posted:

Is it really that hard to make a Crysis mod FPS game that doesn't crash when you hit the tab key?

Please don't post again until your understand video game development

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Lol is this reality?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

at one point goons had spent over 300k, it was in a hilarious spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lnSE8rt46ufKtOxATJFUEWGQZ9O9e2rCpisFLOV_DU/htmlview

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

hosed up if true

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

I'm really hoping that game ends up being good. The early days of DayZ mod were probably the most I've ever enjoyed a game. Standalone was okay, but still seems to play worse than the original mod even after all this time.

If Tarkov can get anywhere close to that intensity I will definitely be playing it.

Edit: tax

Want to eat those purritos

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
The thread title sees more development then the game

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Have derrick and Chris ever been in the same place at the same time? Makes you think

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wrong. I never took information from CIG.

Actually you did

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

And no more since.

How could you be sure unless you are Christ Roberts? Nice doxxing yourself

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Sedisp posted:

Here's the thing about MoMA. He's either been a troll all along, was a true believer who lost faith and decided to keep the gimmick since he lost everything else or a true believer still that's riding the line so he can claim he was trolling all along when SC implodes.

He is actually a paid shill

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has anyone said shart butizen lately?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Word on the street is that this game is good and the warlord is into nipple play. Confirm or deny.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
What if the "termination" of developer Ben lesbian is a false flag and he is actually a deep cover mole operating under the moma alias. Trust no one

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Its his Aspect

It's why I posted that sandy would not tolerate his presence after learning they would share an office

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Original release date was November 2014

CIG didn't even get started until Q2 of that year

Stop spreading fud. Development in the current game engine, lumberyard, only started in the past months and look at how far they have come already.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

So make game into a job?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

I am also mad today but for different reasons

I guess it's because I've seen projects like this so many times, headed by people making outrageous sums of money, producing nothing, forcing misery and terror on their employees, making people miss holidays and vacations and family time and lives, the actual lives they should be living

all in pursuit of some unobtainable goal that they think possible only if people believed more, gave more and worked harder, while the top levels take holidays and smirk at how much they have accomplished

star citizen, for me, isn't about some dumb space game taking money from people. it's about companies and businesses who do this poo poo all the time, who actively make employees suffer to squeak out mediocrity at a faster rate, take all the profits from the word go and leave a wasteland of failure and suffering behind

it still happens. this isn't unique to the 90s corporate culture. I work for people who absolutely do not give a poo poo about anything except the dollar on some spreadsheet. these are organizations that should be helping people, that have vast, immeasurable resources that could save hundreds of thousands of lives or improve countless others. instead they gently caress over whoever they can, sometimes for little or no gain whatsoever, just because they can. because they are that powerful, that immense, that nothing can touch them

its all very liberal-bleeding-heart-tree-hugging-faggotry, because somehow caring about people makes you weak for some reason

and sure I get plenty of laughs here but I've been through crunches where I didn't leave the office for 50+ hours. where I had to take cabs home because the lack of sleep made me hallucinate people were walking in front of the road. where when you finally came back, the guy up top who had been on vacation for 3 weeks in fiji asked why you weren't at your desk working. where the people making the biggest amount of money did absolutely nothing but come up with ideas for other people to implement in a sane and working fashion

to sum up, gently caress chris roberts and those at the top making millions while death marching everyone into the deepest pit of despair imaginable

gently caress you, Chris. gently caress you.

No lives matter

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

:thurman:

Lol, just lol at CIG cannibalizing its own sales by making all its employees into gray market brokers

Lol if you don't think cig pays shills in jpgs

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has anyone let them know that Conan has dong slider tech?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hellion literally does everything with components, ship systems, and EVA that SC promised to do.

Stop spreading fud

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

150ms is within the range of normal human inperception and visual reaction, its harder to notice as long as it doesnt spike. Anything above 200 is usually noticeble, and SC is really really high when it comes to movement.

Whats funny is that the network culling just dissapeared from the roadmap. The way the game deals with character locations is probably such a loving huge mess that they cant divorce it from the rest.

I will fight you to the death over anything above 20ms

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

In all of the Andromeda Bad, Star Citizen good hype let us not forget that Chris Roberts wrote Wing Commander the movie.

Andromeda is good though

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

ME:A pre-release - game looks fun

ME:A actual release - game looks bad

we should all be ashamed

Game is actually cool and good though

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

You had over 2000 dollars in it lmbo

Was this ever confirmed I thought he was paid in jpegs?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Remember when you were a kid and your parents would make hamburgers, but realize only too late that there weren't any buns? So you had to use regular white bread? And the grease and the bread would combine into this brownish-pink sticky substance that was impossible to get off your fingers?

What do you think washing Ben's clothes is like?

Bread is filler and nobody should eat it. I pile of hamburger meat and cheese is delicious

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Here's the thing about the ME:A flip flop.

The original Mass Effect Trilogy is looked upon fondly. The games were good. The great majority of people agree that these games are model of effective world-building and character development and the game was very strong because of it. There are certainly pieces of the trilogy that maybe aren't *great*, but what it did well was so strong that things like 'meh' combat at time was nothing but a tiny mark against it. It's important to remember that the writing, the world and the characters are what carried this series and on the back of three games were this was the focus of excellence, they have earned this place where people will give them the benefit of the doubt...until proven wrong of course.

Well, here we are a week out of release, and we have something tangible to touch and the writing doesn't look so hot. If the writing isn't great, then it puts those other things that rely on good writing in jeopardy. We assumed the writing would be at least good because it was really good in the original trilogy. This is called 'evidence'! There was evidence to suggest that ME:A's writing would be strong because the series had good writing in the past. Well, now there is a lot more evidence to suggest that maybe ME:A's writing is actually quite bad. Because of this new evidence, a lot of people are reconsidering their position on the game.

In review:

Past evidence says ME:A will probably be good = People think ME:A will be good.
New evidence suggests that ME:A might not be good = People think ME:A might not be good.

The theme here is Evidence.

See, rational people use evidence to help form opinions. So, when people flip-flopped on ME:A, it's because the evidence changed. That's what it means to be rational.

With Star Citizen, we actually saw a similar thing. Star Citizen was announced and people were excited for it. They extended the benefit of doubt to Croberts and friends and were willing to hand over some cash because there wasn't yet any really strong evidence to suggest it's going to crash and burn. Then, the crazy started piling on. An insane scope. Ship pricing. A lot of promises and not a lot of content over a long period of time. Hyping of tech that's been figured out 10 years previous and still didn't work quite right. Timelines that seem to get extended into eternity. All these things and more are pieces of evidence that suggest that maybe this isn't the dream project people original hoped it would be. It kinda suggested that it might be a train wreck and as more and more of that kind of evidence got piled on, people started doing a rational thing: They asked for refunds. They stopped supporting the game. They lost faith in the project, because there was now a lot of evidence to suggest that CIG isn't going to deliver.

Now, if you aren't a fan of evidence, we have name for you: True Believer.

If you think the Earth is flat, or that chemtrails are evil, or that fluoride is a mind-controlling drug planted in our water by the government, or that Star Citizen will deliver on anything resembling the scope that was promised, then you are a True Believer. You have earned such a label because despite overwhelming evidence, you choose to close your ears and eyes and refuse to acknowledge that evidence, or claim it was placed there by an antagonistic third party, or do mental gymnastics of ever-increasing complexity to prevent the shattering the forgone conclusion your brain has submitted as reality despite that evidence.

So in this really boring post, I hope there is one important take-away: Reconsidering ME:A's potential is a thing a rational human would do. Supporting Star Citizen in TYooL 2017 is a thing an irrational person would do.

most important part of post -- Tax:

You have put more thought into mass effect then bioware ever has with this post

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MilesK posted:

I've never played a Mass Effect game, but to me the animations look pretty funny. Can I enjoy it as a comedy or is it a serious thing, like the Wing Commander movie?

Comedy but some people take it very seriously when your space gently caress body options aren't the ideal of beauty. Some people are very upset the new space alien , Angara, aren't sexy cat people. You can still gently caress them though

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

RottenK posted:

is star citizen still a worthless scam or are they finally making some sort of a game worth caring about out of fear of their cultist fanbase

It's not worthless. It has provided me with laffs so the value is non zero

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Strong tongue game

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Can someone please summarize the last month or so of star citizen? I have been preoccupied with Andromeda. It is actually a bad game that you can play right now.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
5k posts since I last checked in this thread. Can someone please post an update on Ben Lesnick, Developer, status.

Namaste

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Spatial posted:

OldSchoolCmdr's post about Derek not having done anything notable is actually pretty good. I had honestly lost sight of that fact. Derek is a nobody, and all the infamy and power he has over CIG and their community is directly created by them. It's seriously crazy if you think about what is going on there. No wonder he thrives on it.

I had also forgotten about Chris Roberts' insane screed that he posted on the official website in his official capacity as CEO, officially stating he spent an entire workday responding to a blog by Derek Smart. Who the hell does that?

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Tism

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

TheAgent posted:

when the bombs fall, all of our hard drives will be wiped clean, friend

come join me in the glow

lol if you don't keep your starship jpgs in an emp shielded 8' thick concrete bunker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

The Titanic posted:

So uh... what's supposed to be in the collectors box? Is this like they are teasing people that the game is nearly complete and about to go gold? Or is this going to contain cigars or a smaller box inside?

They contain dreams