Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
This thread is like some putrescent green time capsule, months and years whisk by but nothing truly changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

thatguy posted:

Oh poo poo Derek, that dude is trying to out-blog you. You just gonna take that like a little bitch?

The Devil Blogged Down in Florida

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

EmesiS posted:

Croberts has vision, not a vision.

And Ben has neither.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Tippis posted:

Wait. Thumb?!

Mobile user supremacy, never even saw that gross green CSS for April fool's.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Stop doxxing people, you loving idiots.

Alternatively, if you're going to nuke your own account come out swinging with something entertaining instead of the most milquetoast of burns.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Is this rental scheme the final iteration of the used car spaceship dealership? Will there truly be no means of accessing a chariot without paying real money? Will the whales take to being the exploiters after being milked for so l--okay, yeah, absolutely on that one.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
CIG's blatant cargo-culture never ceases to amaze. They certainly know how to imitate other, more successful game companies yet haven't really uncovered the finer points such as actually producing games.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Box-grabbing fidelity on par with Super Mario 64.

Well, okay, SM64 did a better job obscuring that it vanished and reappeared objects when you pick them up and drop them.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZyUGT9YPhg

It's expected that every game is going to "cheat" in certain regards, from what it displays for the player or how they manipulate objects, but most people accept and even appreciate the strange and nuanced coding that creates the proper illusions under normal play. Of course, Chris is obsessed with doing everything the "right" way, so it's enjoyable to both see him ram his head against a brick wall trying to force his vision into reality as well as the blowback when he's forced to make concessions that are somehow jankier than implementations in other prefab engines (meanwhile all the time they've spent trying to customize cryengine has basically been wasted).

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 12, 2017

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
It's actually Port Olisar but I can't fault anyone for not remembering this completely bland and unmemorable tripe.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Polish Avenger posted:

Someone get this guy an account.

He already said he wouldn't take it to remain "impartial".

Besides, Derek Smart already has an account here...

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

BMan posted:

Spending crowd funding on paid shills: A completely normal and defensible practice that everyone does, probably

Hold up, let's not toss out baseless accusations; it's just as likely to be a close-knit cabal of overzealous fans spending their own time, money and energy on this astroturfing campaign out of love for all the enjoyment they've gotten from playing Star Citizen.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

phosdex posted:

Not a Hot Dog

oobie
tar itize

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

his nibs posted:

My question got answered so I guess we're all good :shrug:

:mrwhite:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

vyst posted:

Can we talk about how you can play as a guinea pig in that one game like wtf?
Every game nowadays needs to have some comic relief diminutive race (bonus points for being anthropomorphic), be it Gnomes and Dwarves, Moogles, Yordles, Chua, etc.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Sunswipe posted:

Putting love into food is what gets you fired from McDonald's. :fap: :burger:

Sabreseven posted:

Same effect if you add an extra secret ingredient to the Colonels secret sauce at Kunty Fuct Chicken. :)

(Local KFC had to fire a bunch of staff for it :D )
But what could taste better than some old-fashioned home cooking?

:nws:Natural Harvest: A Collection of Semen-Based Recipes:nws:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Those 'replace me' textures are actually the final frustrated message left behind from programmers and graphical artists walking off the project.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
scrod my tane

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Something tells me that hashtag's not trending.

How pathetic do you have to be to create a strawman to vent your frustration at?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Jst0rm posted:

developer illness. Those dumb shits. What a weak excuse.
Keep it down, or Sandi will break your wrists too.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

D_Smart posted:

I don't think so. They skipped E3, but had a full blown presentation at Gamescon 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI

I seem to recall some private screenings in the Robert Space Industries International Ltd. booth...

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Enchanted Hat posted:

so the opposite of a town hall
It's for their own safety, really. Dissenters revoke their skeleton privileges.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

its weird theres a random thread once or twice a week where you can be salty but do it outside that randomly chosen thread and you get torn a new rear end in a top hat.

You of all people should be familiar with the concept of safe spaces.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I guess 'shorn' is technically a style.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
MoMA is a testament to CIG's open development, that even with his supposed insider information (lol) he doesn't know poo poo about the game.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
All space sims are garbage games made by garbage people for garbage people

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
There's no high ground or smug superiority to be had while we all wallow in this cesspool, just laugh at whatever you find funny and forget how much you hate yourself for just a little while

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

starkebn posted:

When did "wait for a game to be released and there be enough reviews to discount the paid ones" become such a rare customer viewpoint?

Games don't get released anymore in this, the barren hellscape of perpetual early access. Combine that with decades-old names and faces panhandling and selling promises on any one of several crowdfunding platforms and there's no impetus to actually release games anymore to profit from them.

Meanwhile, gamers have always had nonexistent impulse control and demand a constant stream of content; it's a wonder they're only now being used as guinea pigs with wallets. And finally, the Internet being the beast it is today, the constant barrage of information from various sources makes astroturfing and "reputation management" incredibly easy since people get that much less critical when there's too many voices to filter the noise from the genuine.

parp

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
call your parents

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Brigading, brigading! I can see the downvote in your screenshot, that's all the evidence I need of the conspiracy against me!! You'll never silence me by clicking a colored arrow!!!!!!

*Puts you on ignore, deletes account*

Also, Star Citizen: G0rf is typing...

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
My favorite E:D critics are the ones with 800 hours sunk in and they regret every moment! This game is so shallow and lacking in content I dedicated an entire month's worth of time doing absolutely nothing!

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Backers should be more concerned with the years-old campaign of misinformation being run against the backers.

And besides, whether Derek's getting fed bad intel or not, we just laugh. So.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I dont get how Elite Dangerous selling ship cosmetics is greedy and bad, but Star Citizen selling entire ships (or jpgs thereof) is cool and good?

Doesn't CIG do both, lmao

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Beet Wagon posted:

/r/starcitizen, ladies and gentlemen.

"It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is..."

I'm glad Derek's prediction of an ELE two weeks ago is finally coming true 18 months later.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
They could just as easily fail to cobble together some fake, scripted demo and talk about some Discord knock-off for over an hour during their annual namesake convention (for a game still in alpha). Backers would still fork over cash, of course.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
"guys it's j-just a game, aheh, nothing to get all worked up about :shobon:"

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

his nibs posted:

"Star Citizen’s like that mate we’ve all got that can never turn up on time. You’re sat waiting in the blustering rain, give them a call and they’re sat watching Top Gear re-runs with a beer. It’s funny at first, but then eventually you give up on meeting them on time, instead asking them to give you a buzz when they’re near."

:chord:

http://www.game-debate.com/news/23449/star-citizens-planetary-tech-3-0-update-delayed-until-september

Maybe it's time to ditch this Stan Citizzio loser and hook up with Elliot Dangerfield...

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Meridian knows plenty about fluid processes.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
These reputation management agencies really aren't punching above their weight these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

TheAgent posted:

can you imagine 24 people opening their mobiglass all in the same loving place

lol

it'll loving tank your goddamn FPS to sub 10fps levels

holy poo poo, how can anyone support this

how loving stupid are you backers