Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Just looked at that ATV it was like 45 mins of those two people talking about poo poo that doesn't exist yet but which they dreamed up in a meeting last week.
Is the long-haired ex junkie really in charge of the MMO bit of this thing? And he's the 'architect' for their super-advanced AI plans? My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
OK random but wtf, why am I unable to play a youtube video in HD even though I've paid for it. Using Chrome. I trust the venerable star citizen thread will be able to enlighten me as to whether I'm just barking up the tree of reality.
e: seriously, why does this purchased Youtube film (purchased in HD format) not allow me to switch to HD. This is a mystery for the ages.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 29, 2017

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Can someone post dreams.jpg/gif for me? Need it for another thread.
If there's some archive I don't know about which contains all the insane art and stuff that's come out of these threads please link too.

e: seeing as I'm here,

Sabreseven posted:

And their best response to Elite's curbstomping is their Archered version of Discord? gently caress this is all going fanfuckingtastically :D

ELE now in progress? Finally?
I don't think Elite is curbstomping anything except the sanity of the few remaining rational players.
And of course the nuts of the '84er grognards. But for those people that's what Elite is meant to be about; the masochism of subjecting yourself to hundreds of hours of endless meaningless boredom in the Void of gameplay.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 14, 2017

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

Welcome to our weird world where this happens
I always assumed it's their community subscriber people who keep the thing ticking along at a base rate.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Lack of Gravitas posted:

(sorry friend this is the only version i have)
Lol of course. If anyone has the original I'd appreciate it.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Cheers!

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Just popping in because you guys are talking about ME:A and... holy lol it looks bad. This actually sums the whole thing up:

...how is it that Bioware and Bethesda are still unable to get this poo poo right?

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEc0sWXpSAY&t=110s

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 17, 2017

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

The table might be hard to shift after everything closes down.

http://i.imgur.com/sTuX9f1.mp4
Those sofa/armchair things look pretty odd too. And by odd I mean, both terrible and almost certainly very expensive.

Kosumo posted:

EDIT: Romani Leather Sofa Set 3+2 Black & White was $899 pounds now $699 - not to bad really. (just a few concept jpegs of something to some idiots would cover it.)
aha

Seriously though can you not get a bigger pool table for £5000? Jesus

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 20, 2017

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They've walked back cargo/trading for 3.0. Cargo will only exist as "stat" that goes up and down when you buy/sell.

The dev literally said they'd 'layer in the fidelity' later.
Where'd they say this?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I did actually find it fascinating to watch that video. Lots of their producers who we haven't seen or heard from before it seems. Poor bastards, the whole project is just an ever-expanding nightmare.
I hope to god you make a new Bugs of Star Citizen video (that was you right?) when whatever the abomination that is supposed to be 3.0 is released. The bugs are going to be truly next-gen, unprecedented.

Tarquinn posted:

Beet banning the good doctor.
Link? I missed this, sounds entertaining.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Doublepost: isn't there a sale on right now? Shitizens don't seem to be buying: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

I don't think any ship in Elite is DLC, and it's just a weird accusation coming from Citizens. I think they've been paying-to-win for so long they can't really relate to in-game progress that isn't tied to eye-popping dollar figures.

The one expansion Frontier sold has added a couple year's worth of features: planetary landing, multi-crew, ship launched fighters, crafted modifications for ship components, neutron stars, passenger missions, and avatar customization. The only other stuff they sell is all cosmetic ship skins and dashboard bobbleheads. It's not my favorite funding model, and I'll be the first to say that Frontier leaves a lot to be desired in the systems that they kick out the door, but the key difference here is that they actually ship a product and and it does what they say it does, when you buy it.

quote:

Oh also the whole game is designed for VR and has basically been the best title to play in VR for a year or more running, which is another major selling point for me.
It's good in VR but still fundamentally flawed in myriad ways.
Seriously SC is obviously a travesty in many many ways but using an extremely borked game (with admittedly great fundamentals) to try and show how bad the badbad game is seems off.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

'Bout as close as I can get tbh. Hard to be eloquent when trying really hard to not pebbledash everything within a good radius.

That probably wasn't much better.

lolvid : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDPtgYjOnc
What the gently caress. This is more mystifying than SC... people still pay to have pebble dashing put on their houses????

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So I haven't really be following in the past month or so, has CIG actually made an announcement about the delay in release of 3.0, or do to they just keep pushing it back week-on-week with their schedule updates??
The transitions aren't seemless and they come before both of the clips you've linked here - you have a loading period where everything freezes and you then drop out of orbital flight.
Although maybe they've shortened the loading screens? I haven't played for months (due to the standard problem of there being a lack of game)

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Are the citizens going totally mental or something at the mo? I've seen general depression on the Reddit but nothing super entertaining. But this thread is now running faster than it has for years!

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This is loving amazing. Reading reddit posts from broken people is one thing, seeing a real live human going through the Mount Gox moment of Star Citizen really brings it all home

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

CIG posted some damage control

We get it, and we’re still working on our production schedule processes as we are wading through uncharted territory when it comes to this level of transparency. We’re not being disingenuous; this is a massive update and the pieces truly are coming together. We are always looking into creative ways to be more transparent with you all(Around the Verse, Burndown, etc) and have decided the changes we made with this week's schedule will provide you even more insight into how things are going. This update is HUGE. Our biggest yet. There are many moving parts that go into a patch of this magnitude and with that will come hurdles and challenges, and we'll continue to communicate those as best as possible.

(2)

The intent of providing Burndown is to replace the inconsistent time dates (which were based on our best projections). It’s to illustrate the very tasks we tackle regularly. It doesn’t mean the sky is falling, rather it provide further transparency using actual trackable numerical values.

(3)

Marketing does not impact publish dates. At all. We genuinely want this release just as bad as all of you, and are taking all the steps to do just that. We’ve also been very upfront about the nature of the challenges, and our dates were based on what we thought we could hit, and we adjusted as we went along. Still, we feel that the new Burndown method is a better approach so that you understand what we’re faced with, and we’re making efforts to present full insight into what those challenges are in an easy and trackable format.

(4)
Our thoughts with this process is that it's easiest to digest when you get to see week over week changes, especially since some days there may be none, and others a tremendous jump when a feature is online.

We'll continue to evaluate how effective this is and to see if we need to change the frequency of updates.

(5)
We are curently doing something to a level that has never been done before. With the curtains pulled back, it reveals a common path traveled by project managers and software developers, largely unseen by the general public. We understood the hurdles that would come with this type of communication, but we made the decision to be transparent and we'll stand by it.
Source?

e: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tcs9j/cig_posts_in_the_ongoing_feedback_on_the_removal/

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
For the love of God someone find the interior shots of this from Chuck and photoshop Sandi and Chris escaping from Gamescom:
https://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/styles/1080xauto/public/scet/photos/96/1341/NUP_110275_0099.jpg

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Jesus loving Christ

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Don't think 3 weeks is going to be enough this time
Don't they also have to... you know... add the rest of the 3.0 features that they took out just so they could get it vaguely playable for evocati release? It's going to take months lol.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
The CRoberts keynote is coming at like 9pm Frankfurt time right?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Wait, did I read the SC reddit right, the evocati are now playing in 60 player instances?? Where did that come from

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

It doesn't look like 60 real players though.
Sean Tracy said on some steam they just tested up to 60 players and server performance was better than expected. However they apparently don't allow players to pvp while testing lol

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
How we doing folks. I Star Citizen out yet?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So when does their sale start? I'm genuinely surprised they released this mess, I really thought they'd try and get it into some kind of playable shape first this time.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Don't they have like only 3 people actually working on their networking team? They have been desperately looking for others but can't find any? Maybe things have moved on and they have more now

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Have any forum internet lawyers has a good look at the pleadings yet? What's the verdict? Also are there pre-action protocols in the USA/the relevant states requiring parties to pursue ADR solutions before issuing proceedings?

Conspiratiorist posted:

Jason Schrier can eat poo poo tho
Why (out of interest?)

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Caught up thanks to the recap thread. Virtual Captain is the one true god, bow down to him oh ye Crobbler

ewe2 posted:

Here's a little song I wrote, you might want to learn it note for note, don't worry be happy

(I will be recording a new parody tonight hopefully when it's a bit cooler. It is very relevant right now)

Derek Smart was right.
Also this was loving amazing.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Why is it always the problem, with these uncanny valley level character animations, that the eyebrows are totally static? It's got to be the most obviously weird part about the whole thing but there must be some reason why they haven't fixed it on the Hamill animations for example.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Is it just me or was even the audio in that SQ42 demo loving terrible? It was all over the place. And why are they using lightning sound like all the time in the background. Not even when they flew into the weird space lightning bit, I mean just on the big carrier at the beginning there was loads of lightning noise. And the score was so heavy and overblown the whole goddamn time, even when they were just flying along in a straight line for 3 minutes it would build up as if some epic thing was happening on screen... But it wasn't.

Also also, where are all the black people and women. It's 900 years in the future and all flight deck crew and navy pilots are exclusively white men.
e: wait from that clip from a few pages back, there is more diversity in loving Call of Duty than in this game 0_0

e2: my favourite bit in the demo was when they spent 2 minutes zooming in on flight deck crew before the player was about to take off. You couldn't see the crew because of the terrible lighting, meaning that all those animations they spent so much time making and then making a film about how they made them, were not seen. Except those that were, were absolute garbage.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

My uncle who works at CIG said that Dr. Smart and Chris Roberts were in the closet making babies and he saw one of the babies and the baby looked at him

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
I can't believe they released 3.0 - this is fantastic. So many Christmas miracles from CIG this year. God only knows the wonders that are to come in 2018.

Star Citizen: there is no limit to how low your FPS can be

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Oh poo poo you forgot to check your stocking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPxnBAdbbo
Beautiful. Though the bits with the little models and the pictures of Sandi and Chris kind of remind me of the Mr Plinket serial killer stuff just FYI lol

Sarsapariller posted:

Wonderful. Glad to see the "Bugs of Star Citizen" clips live on. There's been so much documented absurdity throughout the lifetime of this project, I really want to watch just an hour of the best jank and glitches.
Bugs of Star Citizen still makes me crack up. Tops the long list of great goon creations to come out of the SC shitfest. Close second being Goon-De-Yadda.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

Thankfully, you don't have glitch in order to travel to this here youtube video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq4YEp8QUY
As Gorf says, your narration is loving spot on. So glad we're finally seeing the SC documentary we've always wanted take shape before our eyes... #opendevelopment

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Alchenar posted:

Derek Smart does actually have a day job where he makes video games.
Let's not try and out-ridiculous /r/starcitizen ok?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

ComfyPants posted:

With the increasing jank that Star Citizen piles on, it seems that we've all come full circle. It's only fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J377tKsMF0I

Taxxe: https://i.imgur.com/ZKAkeq3.mp4

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap: A thing of beauty.

e: taxxe
We had to take this beastie to be put down yesterday :( 19 years old & sorely missed:

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 28, 2017

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
The description for the new ATV: "From alpha 2.6 to alpha 3.0, Star Citizen has seen a lot of changes throughout 2017." :laffo: :laffo:

ewe2 posted:

Sorry for your loss, what a good innings for a catte :(
Thanks folks :glomp:

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Wiz posted:

Good news friend, there is a vibrant new movement for sensible centrists.
This is loving great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Happy New Year, Goonailures. My gift to you is a(nother) bad video, featuring Kayak and dead-faced spacemans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZDoqAk0Mio
This was by far the best Star Citizen video I've ever watched