Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

hey thread, its been a long time, glad to see some familiar faces still honourably cataloguing this shitshow.

the last big thing I remember was ticklegate, did CIG continue to top itself at being a shitshow?

e: doing some reading up on it, they still haven't released 2.6 and some star citizens on the forums are excited for 3.0 which they think might come out before new year somehow (i thought this was an old post, but actually nope its from yesterday so they literally think 2 updates in the next 2 weeks is possible or likely for CIG...)

also the "evocati" are under NDA so the PTU now has its own PTU hahaha?

e2: oh, oh no. they're still doing the whole "next update gets the pipeline in place and then the content will just rush forth like sewage from a burst pipe!"... I kinda feel bad for the citizens at this point, nobody deserves this... maybe dickwulf deserves this.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I was browsing the RSI forums for fun and they had some thread about how much they'd each spent and how they don't tell their family or whatever, anyway one dude came in saying he regretted spending any money because the game doesn't exist, everyone jumped on him and said he should just get a refund.

Its still CIG policy to not give refunds and those guys are deluded morons, right?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

a cyberpunk goose posted:

So i still haven't seen a single "MMO" system in SC come online -- something every MMO ever has before literally anything else. You build it as early as possible because networking is really really hard, especially MMO-scale networking. You build *on top* of the constraints your networking infrastructure will impose, you can't work backwards to figure this out later, you just cannot on a project of this scale

actually they're going to slot all the modules together once the production pipeline gets patched in with 3.0 next week

it sounds like you don't know anything about game development and should shut your dirty peasant mouth.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I love this thread I'll never leave again

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

wait is the SC version of the internet called "The Spectrum"?

if so lol, maybe even lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

i like this one, i hope this one comes true

except its now called Star Citizen 4.0

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

gonna basically cheat here:

1) Stream starts late
2) No sound/image at some point and chat gets rowdy
3) Adverts for ships that don't exist yet and won't be out next patch
4) At some points the "banter" pauses and everyone seems extremely awkward.
5) Chris (if he's on it) tries to start managing expectations then immediately fucks that up by promising some new wonder.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I missed the holiday stream did anyone record it? Sorry am working my way back through all dese posts!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Seeing my friend who wants to be a developer poo poo out high-poly assets and features faster than star citizen really gives you a deep disrespect for these idiots.
They have the money, the talent and the manpower yet they're doing a terrible loving job at content creation which really speaks volumes about Chris Roberts' skill as a director.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Hey SC thread pals, long time no read.

Are there any funny CIG videos or streams worth watching that came out this year? They're like catnip for me and my girlfriend.

Rob Bless

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

lmao the extended footage of that cockpit where on top of the muzzle flash and windscreen (spacescreen?) glare the pilot also randomly blacks out if you turn too much. I forgot about the blacking out, easily the worst mechanic ever conceived in a dogfighting game.

its been like 6 months since I checked this thread, I'm assuming nothing to do with 3.0 has emerged yet, how are the shitizens?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Hey commandos, long time no see.

When is Citizencon? Its become kinda a tradition for my and my girlfriend to watch it after she liveblogged the one with the cake and chris dropping the enormous script for me while I was at work.
I'm worried CIG are gonna go tits up before then.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I like the guys discussing whether they're whales or not and deciding that no, not really, at most they're light wales because they've only given $800 lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

JugbandDude posted:

I for one, am very excited for this ELE.

I expect ground breaking news regarding Star Citizen in a reasonably estimated time frame: about two weeks, give or take.

I pop back into this thread every 3 months or so and literally every single time Derek Smart is hyping his next ELE

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

My fav part of the liquid physics and jackets and stuff is it clearly shows how little work they've been doing. They can't even cobble a single NPC together without having to entirely create him and his props from scratch.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

hey thread, long time no read, any word on citizencon this year? thats basically me and the missus' christmas in october

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Solarin posted:

did you catch their Gamescom presentation? if no, well I have good news for you

o7 commando

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

This gamescom thing is hilarious, we made a bet on how many technical fuckups there would be and settled on 5 and holy poo poo they smashed it

Croberts continually talking over the terribly acted woman paralysed me with laughter and him going crazy on mic over the loading screen while the game was down for like 10 minutes injected laughter venom into my abdomen and dissolved me from the inside

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Me and the missus watched citizencon last night and it was a pretty good laugh, extremely dull but footage of SC always is.

I liked when Sandi came on at the start to be like "just so you know, we weren't late, but then we had to start later than planned", that got a good laugh from us.
also when they had to open it with a real life popup ad from intel my favourite bit was when the intel guy was like "so chris, what can this partnership do for you?" expecting a short snappy "it'll make the game better!" before he could continue his marketing speil, but croberts just rambles for like 10 straight minutes making poo poo up off the top of his head like a kid improvising an essay because Croberts knows nothing about modern tech or how the game is being made and brings everything to a screeching halt.

also it all sorta ended in them making no mans sky but with buildings and i laughed so hard when i realised they had to cut away from a 10 MINUTE ftl jump that my throat still hurts today

the whole city thing though with like millions of simulated NPCs lmao why? why would you ever do that???
it really is just talented kids making proofs of concepts of insanely impractical extravagances to scam money off of whales to fluff crobert's ego

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

do we know how deep the drink mixing minigame is? im planning to main stewardess and need to know if i gotta get a macro keyboard

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Quavers posted:

I wonder how WTFOsaurus felt today when he saw the new schedule report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7s2FX9H5DQ

this was extremely tragic... he wanted to do a 24 hour stream on his birthday but there isnt enough game

he just wanted to not feel alone on his birthday :(

what is the schedule change btw? i mean 3.0 aint coming out this year or possibly even next year, but how far have they pushed it back?

e: this guy is my fav comedy character "i want to stream but i cant!"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Caught up with the thread!

I had to skip about 9000 posts though.

People were mentioning some kind of Land Sale? I missed that, anyone got any links or a summary?

I assume they started selling digital plots of land?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Thanks commandos the land thing is funny, I love that they can't do anything without announcing several new features to come like weather and nature reserves.

My SO wants to know what happened to Ben, he still alive?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Hi tarka welcome to the thread I like it

I think sometimes you guys think we hate and are angry at SC but it's actually just really, really funny to follow from outside

CIG are... Not very good at making the game lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah croberts isn't gonna willingly give up his dream of making the star wars of videogames, I don't think he personally gives a gently caress about SC and wouldn't play it if it was out.

Also Derek is a parody of himself at this point but I can only pray I have as fun a pastime to entertain myself when I'm retired.

Also Big Nipples Big Life I always laugh at your username

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Sarsapariller posted:

I really wanted to do the Croberts bear but it wasn't in the thread recap. That's a shocking oversight imo.

The battle angel alita movie is taking a bit too much license for my taste

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

"people are working on the game honestly, can it really be a scam with all these nerds and computers?"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

"what movie is he in?" that was insanely awkward, chris is a brent-style parody of a failed director

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

steven bender 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

lol the hooting and hollering every time a woman is on screen

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

good lord the FPS oh no

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

man so little is happening though, i would be wishing for the nearest save point to go play something else by now, like an hour of just slowly moving forward. If i wanted that I'd go play the start of a ubisoft game.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

lol 9 hour long boring video randomly ends

Crobblers: Remember... none of this is real

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Caught up with the thread

It's a parpmas miracle!

Shame that RPS guy is being such a goofus, they should get John Walker on it, he's a fat goon who is personally offended by all games.

... That site was real good, then as soon as it got popular it morphed almost overnight from a site with lots of silly original content to just bashing out press releases like all other game sites but with a pun in the title... Like all other game sites "assassin's Creed dlc LEAPS into action December 52nd"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The ED SC rivalry is especially unflattering for SC because everything I've seen makes it look like flying spaceships loving sucks in it, it looks like it's basically WASD controls with no inertia or anything.
ED actually feels like you're flying something.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Hey Commandos

Did anything happen since the lawsuit was announced? The thread is bad to form so I'm guessing no?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

my SO is asking about SC trainwrecks

how it goin commandos?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

did anyone find out what happened to lesnick? he appears to still be alive

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

This insurance thing is hilarious

I like good games but I think I like reading about bad games even more and star citizen is the best bad game ever and it never gets better, only worse.

God bless this thread and every commando in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

FE-MALE HU-MANS!