Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Blue balled in the balls by our own mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Holy poo poo CIG does it again. Especially nice is that they only felt compelled to say anything about it after people brought it up from being on the game screens. Someone competent would have timed the letter from the chairman to launch the moment 2.6 was available. Though really someone actually competent would not have to switch engine after 5 years and a hundred and thirty million dollars worth of game development.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TheAgent posted:

hello

• supposedly CIG working on something "exceptional" for E3

Showing up?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
It still baffles me how much time and effort Citizens spend dreaming about the most mundane poo poo like dress code enforcement in a game that doesn't even have the most basic play mechanics set.

quote:

As mentioned in ATV, they want to make it so you aren't just running around with your helmet on all the time. To make it expensive or otherwise desirable NOT to be wearing it 24/7 to create interesting moments when you are running to suit up.
Thoughts?
Imo, few potential ideas:
Helmets cut off peripheral vision (We've already seen this on a few)
Helmets emit signature via electronics (easier for others to spot with helmet on?)
Sound is simulated with helmets on (Thus hearing pewpew in space) and I imagine some forms of tech could screw with that function. Either blasting the unfortunate person with white-noise or making the other person effectively silent. Suppressors via hacking for instance.
Likewise with hacking and helmet hud's, someone could blackout your view or spam a bunch of crap onto it.
As noted, expensive due to Oxygen, Wear and energy costs. Save on battery, maintenance and oxygen by not wearing it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6ywjfq/thoughts_on_making_wearing_your_helmet_expensive/

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Things with more viewers than the game which will change Space Sims forever:
An 11 year old WWII RTS
A 29 year old console game
Farming Simulator 2017

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
What an amazing day.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

kw0134 posted:

That's the question though; if there was a serious chance of settling, plaintiffs should be thumping a summary of the complaint on Ortwin's desk, saying there's an easy way to do this or a hard way before heading down to the courthouse and making it official. Trials are inherently risky, lengthy and expensive, and a quick but large settlement serves everyone's needs, including the defendant's.

So either Skadden tried and failed, the suit being the result, or Crytek/CIG won't settle. It'll be really really interesting if it's Crytek out for judicially-enforced blood.

(There's also the possibility that in the run up to the suit Crytek made urgent noises about needing to adhere to the contract and got blown off. Then the suit was the shot across the bow needed to finally get CIG to stop loving around. Given the clownshow that is CIG, nothing can be discounted.)

I've been involved in a few patent and civil liability suits, and those rarely go to trial, but they do often involve a lot of discovery and depositions and reports before they settle. A lot of the time, the two sides consider it worth going through those initial expenses to size up their chances, and also to try to get a better settlement, so it's not uncommon for settlements to be reached the day before the start of the full trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I kept reading that as a Stimpit, which is a totally different thing than a simpit.