Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
So cluster missiles in Star Citizen should be banned, much like cluster munitions in real life. Bad programming or high fidelity, makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

You heard it first on AtV at 7:28 "Once you've seen Olisar, you've seen everything."

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Is there a clip of the streamers reaching the boundary of the map? Couldn't find it in the twitch feed.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Can someone explain to me why D_Smart takes so much pride in trolling what must be the stupidest people on earth?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

My gamescom prediction is that Croberts will announce an ARG style puzzle in game for players to solve.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Stream is late because the doors wont open...

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

already banned from steam chat...probably shouldn't have mentioned my July blog

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

kilus aof posted:

I was banned for 2 years ago because I keep talking about Derek Smart being right. Asked to be unbanned the other day so I could make some clips.

Worth it.

They wouldn't have had such a long line if more then 10 people could have played their game at once. Or reset the sever every 10 minutes. Or....

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's me. I'm the idiot waiting 2 hours for 15 minutes of gameplay five times in a row.

Was paid by CIG to do it.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

"We are killing time here" -Chambers is going to get banned

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Way to archer the Westworld opening CIG!!!

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Can't continue the mission without your buddy superfly

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

In SC, every landing is a rough landing.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Guys, we are going to need a Kickstarter to take this webcam from prototype to mass production.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Latin Pheonix posted:

I dunno, I was just thinking how much people in the CIG forums/spectrum complained about not wanting to be ganked or killed by pirates and how terrified they were about PvP. These missions sound like they're designed (whether purposefully or by happenstance) to upset them :shrug:.

Best part of the quest is that you can't even defend yourself as you carry the box out. Dumbest poo poo ever.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Just spotted a dude in full head to toe Star Citizen gear at the Ren Faire. This is extremely accurate to the period

What's full Star Citizen gear? Bald, leather jacket, and nipple jets?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

How often do you think Roberts suggests some "cool" wingcommander easter egg in SC?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Obviously this means Star Citizen is going to launch with a battle royale mode

So my new hypothetical scenario where everything loving breaks is my cargo ship gets shot up in a cargo field and I'm stranded on it. To make repairs, I have to pull the trans flux capacitor out and manually carry it by hand to my friend's ship, who shows up to bail me out. We fly back to a station and I manually carry it across the instance to a mechanic who repairs the part. We fly back out to my derelict which is now infested with player scavengers and I'm forced to drop it and fight them off. Then I haul the part over and install it so I can get the ship moving again back to a station hangar.

Now, if the part glitches and despawns out of the instance, what the gently caress am I to do?

What if my friend rams his ship into my ship like an idiot and the complex physics of all the parts being simulated at once has to bounce between the server and all the players in the instance?

What if the scavengers just set charges and blow my ship to hell before I ever get back, because that's a common troll tactic?

What if a rogue asteroid glitches into the interior of my ship and smashes everything to bits?

It's honestly impressive how many points of failure you can dream up for this thing.

What if you log out and never play SC again after crashing your ship?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

D_Smart posted:

I've turned auto-mod on to the extreme, and have several mods who are going to just do immediate bans of all the usual suspects the minute they post the first time.

How many goons bavebyou roped in to role play NPCs during your stream?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

This thread needs to be refactored ASAP.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

D_Smart posted:

Slow Saturday.

It's finally up on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0EFo4gYh9Y

I play UCCE for 6hrs straight. No crashes. No bugs. More than MoMa can say for Star Citizen.

ps: In Before The Aggro: Screw y'all :grin:

Wow, that made any star citizen stream look interesting. Congrats, I guess?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

his nibs posted:

Surely one terrible game in the thread is enough

I like how the threshold for "gameplay" in this thread is "no crashes".

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

What do you think Roberts will dress up as fo Halloween? Zombie Bill Gates?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Beef Hardcheese posted:

A game developer.

Yessss

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

So a theater near me is playing American Satan but I don't know if there is enough comedy value to justify the ticket...

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Rad Russian posted:

I think the burning question is whether ANY scenes with Mae Demming made it in. It would be hilarious if she got completely cut since she's not mentioned on any marketing materials at all. Go for science!

The fact that she dragged Croberts to the premier and walked out of there with a death face would make it even funnier that way. Obviously buy a ticket to an actual good movie like Blade Runner and then sneak into American Satan. Don't give them any money.

I like your style. Alright going to see it tomorrow because I have nothing better to do with my life.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

When you see Croberts success
And you are an autistic mess
That's a July blog

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Still the happiest you will ever see Sandi...

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

When you run out of dough
And you're still 2 weeks from 3.0
That's a ELE

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

When your stuck in a airlock
Cause the door won't unlock
That's emergent gameplay.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

ZekeNY posted:

When your codebase is crap,
And you shout, "more mocap!"
You're a Roberts

Hell yeah

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

biglads posted:

When your patch notes of moons
Just get laughed at by goons
That's a tuesday

Keeps delivering.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

When you're sittin' on the loo
cause there's nothing else to do
That's Star Citizen

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

If you talk with your hands
And Derek Smart's not a fan
You're Croberts

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Omniblivion posted:

I'm failing to grasp how people are spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on jpeg ships when it is unclear improbable that the game will even accommodate multiplayer... Didn't they already say that it is not going to be an MMO? And they're having trouble even getting a lovely instance group together?

Sorry I haven't been able to follow the thread in it's entirety; I'm assuming these were answered already somewhere

Because it's always been about buying the dreams and not the actual product.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Don't worry, I am going to see it tonight. The truth must be uncovered.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Blue On Blue posted:

God bless you, I hope you're drunk

I wish, but I snuck in some sour octopi. There's six other losers in the theater with me. If the trailers are an indication of the quality of the film, this is going to to be rough.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

trucutru posted:

Just remember even if Vic's mom moves like she's in an exorcist movie, this is not that kind of Satan film.

I'm still trying to figure out who Vic is...10 minutes in

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Two people just walked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Ahahahaha, that was so stupid and boring. "holy poo poo or should I say unholy poo poo"...an actual line from the movie.

But if you want to see Sandi's breakout performance, your going to have to wait for American Satan 2.0 because her role got refactored.