Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

Plot summary:

Journalist David Farrier stumbles upon a mysterious tickling competition online. As he delves deeper he comes up against fierce resistance, but that doesn't stop him getting to the bottom of a story stranger than fiction.

David Farrier is our lil' country's current favourite son due to Tickled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Xaerael posted:

Truly the pinnacle of literary genius. He will be sorely missed. And by sorely missed I mean not at all, because he never loving contributed a thing other than one word reactions and meltdowns about how people were not entertaining him.

Don't forget his sarcastic reply of "puppet master" whenever anyone put him in his place.

Anyway, I eagerly await a video highlighting the undocumented features of Star Marine: GotY Every Year from the resident dancing cat with rage issues. ... Although I guess that would require it to be released.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

It's actually a loving amazing tv show :colbert:

I've only seen half the final episode, but the Shane parody was the most I've laughed at a TV show in quite a while.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

Pick up the shitpost...

I .. I don't want to shitpost, mister...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Put the Hosts in MeatgrinderWorld, where odds are that every other week the ground opens up under your feet and you get shred to pieces. When they attain sentience appear to them as saving angels releasing them from hell. If suffering is key you don't want to imprint a human face on it.

Put the Hosts in the 4th Stimpire.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

trucutru posted:

I've seen better looking animations in 10 year-old student videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

This makes me miss the Tipping Forties podcast. :'(

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

poo poo Botch Errors Rep posted:

They just have to layer the code on top of it.

I am a chronic procrastinater. I am very good at my job, however, and my slacking is allowed due to my output being exceptional. I usually have to make excuses to people the first couple of times I work with them until they learn this and I will say that I'm 90% complete, I just need to do this one more little thing. Given not many people understand what I do, I can say pretty much any component of the work and they won't know to question it, so I get a chuckle out of saying a major part.
Not once has my bullshit been this obvious.

It honestly seems like he doesn't understand that the underlying code is the most important factor of the game playability equation.

Star Citizen is the Delorean of gaming. They built a shell that they thought looked cool (it didn't) and then hastily threw together the engine and chassis with the cheapest parts, to the point where it was an undrivable death trap.

E: didn't the Delorean manufacturers get done for squandering investor funds?

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 19, 2016

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX0r6DsvXAU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Just in case this got missed in my previous wall of text:
Christopher Roberts is an anagram for "poo poo Botch Errors Rep", which should be his new job title.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Hello everyone, please take a break from reading a million words on the game you dislike, and obsessively following people all day on the internet.

Hello ArfJason, please take a break from reading a million words in the thread you dislike, and obsessively posting the same tired troll on the Internet.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

you underestimate my connections

Does this imply that you're finally going to cash out?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Thirsty Dog posted:

Merry Christmas and kia kaha bro

Ka pai.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kakarot posted:

Did Kayak wear a Christmas hat?

Asking the important questions.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

MondoDBStar Citizen is web scale.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

BinaryDoubts posted:

what the poo poo. how do you spend $60mm on marketing that, as far as I can tell, basically extends to a few weird fake review sites and lovely streamers.

By funneling backer money to yourself and friends through massively padded invoices. "Internal marketing" seems like a massive red-flag there, especially when you consider how little actual external advertising has been done. It isn't like they've taken out SuperBowl spots.

How much can you possibly legitimately spend advertising your own product to your own staff who are developing it? Have they created a Brazil-esque mind control environment where Full Burn plays around the clock with "You love Star Citizen" backmasked into it? And holy lol does it not bode well for the quality of your game that you have to do internal promotion because staff won't play it of their own accord.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sources. Ok let's play this game: Don't specifically name your source. Just tell me what your source does for a living. If you don't reply with something specific within 5 minutes, you're making poo poo up again.

You don't think that would narrow things right down for the witch hunt?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Coding at midnight will do that to ya.

Doing lines and lines of code.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

boviscopophobic posted:

Yes, I think everything used to bob together, but when they added "vision stabilization" (i.e. removing headbob) they didn't extend that change to the helmet UIs. It looks incredibly stupid.

This is loving insanity.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kosumo posted:

I hope everyone who is into it enjoys what could be one of the last Super Bowl.

What with the amazing Star Citizen coming along at such pace, I would imagine that within a year or two Sataball will have completely surpassed the Super Bowl as Americas biggest sporting event.

It's Waitangi Day here in New Zealand today, our national day, on that note I have but one thing to say .... Tane.

edit: Hickory offering his Tane Taxxe to the sky good Ra

I am spending gently caress Bill English Day watching American Football.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

biglads posted:

Once the Macho Man lands the big elbow it's 1-2-3 and Hail Satan.

I know this is stupid, but this has had me giggling every time I think of it since I read it yesterday.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I still can't get over the decision to have the HUD bounce up and down when moving instead of the map. How is that possibly FIDELITY??!?!?!?!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That would make a lot of sense in a "getting paid without tax" kinda way. You get gifted a ship to sell on the grey-market for working, then no income tax needs to be paid.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

BUY A ZEUS BUY A ZEUS

WILL YOU DO THE HAND DANCE-O!

:stoke:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

So far so good

Everything normal nothing to see here

100Kb/s with over 200 connections. Are they opening a tcp stream per loving packet?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Spatial posted:

Speaking of scams, isn't one of Kickstarter's biggest problems that companies will take out high interest short-term loans to pad the funding number and create media attention? Then when the campaign ends and development starts, they run out of money shockingly fast because in reality they only had half the amount they claimed, and backers were only covering interest on the loans plus a small amount of funding.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/28/4667078/ouya-kickstarter-scam-allegations
The Ouya had Kickstarter scams within Kickstarter scams.
SCAMCEPTION

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Lladre posted:

Cilantro is gross.

I have had no clue what you fucks have been whining about for the past few pages. Turns out some of you hate coriander. No wonder people in this thread are angry.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

TheAgent posted:

I also made $40k less than in 2015. cry for me, thread

Oh you Lucky Ducky.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is not getting the love it deserves. It is amazing.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

please... call me alf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hx0sCbjd-U

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Kosumo posted:

About $275,000 of space dream concept sperging in the last two hours.

e:expensive catte blanket

I have established from this picture that you run a tinny house.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

FULL BUUUURN

I went out of my way to listen to Fuuull Buuurn -- it has to be a parody, goofy song they've included, right? Not even Chris can be that stuck in the 80s that he believes a 4th rate Kenny Loggins knock-off would go down well with anyone outside of a laugh?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Me and a few muso buddies picked it apart and it's basically a very obvious rip off of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

All the elements are there and in the same order (cheeky keyboard riff into low key opening verse into anthemic chorus, the structure is pretty much identical)

It's almost as if someone said something like "I want it like..."

The singer is doing an awful Peter Murphy impression, too. (Unless Peter has fallen on really hard times and desperately needed a paycheck).

e: I assume Chris' iTunes had just finished playing Europe and then Bauhaus and that was what was in his head at the time. "I want it like.. but with this singing...."

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 24, 2017

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

BeigeJacket posted:

That leaked S42 script is great - I'm surprised it hasn't been mined more for thread content.

Pretty much confirms Roberts has seen Star Wars and a few eps of Battlestar Galactica a bunch of times, and absolutely nothing else.

I like that Pusher is the 2nd best pilot. And is only referred to by that name twice throughout the entire script.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

whats sealioning

I believe it's what happens at the end of a Pakistani-backhander. Or maybe it's like planking. I can't keep up with the kids.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Loxbourne posted:

I always love this. Someone, possibly Sandi herself, put CIG's opinion of her job right in her character's name. "Pusher". It's so audacious you don't realise she's mocking her ability to sell JPGs to people as if they were hard drugs and she's doing it in plain sight.

Seriously, when the tell-all memoirs come out and the grave, grey discussions of the Great Star Citizen Scam get published, people are going to refuse to believe anyone could so openly declare their contempt for their customer base.

I didn't even think about this until you brought this up. I bet her role in the game is to literally try and sell you poo poo for cash monies during missions.

"If only we had bigger missiles with which to take on this enemy!"

"Their lasers cut straight through our standard shields - we need upgraded ones!"

(The game is never coming out, but that is what would have been intended).

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I can't be the only one who finds it amusing this the current Ghostbusters movie has been rebranded as "Answer The Call".

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Today I discovered that I share a birthday with Chris Roberts. I don't know why, but this is upsetting.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

e: kayak got lots of love and treats anyway because as far as I'm concerned he's still the best doggo

Good opinions ITT

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mr Fronts posted:

Where is Squadron 42?

Where is 3.0 being in the hands of Evocati well before mid-June?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Continuing to quote the poo poo out of this, as requested.
Any other brilliant insights you wish to share, MoMA?