Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

MedicineHut posted:

Really! Ok, just spotted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0_ubZgSJq0&t=535s

Seems like for him the mere fact you have early access negates all the crapiness, the hype generation and all the potential for a cult to develop anyways.

Sad!
Eh. To me this seems more like him (somewhat ironically) simply being ill-informed about the sheer depth of the poo poo filled rabbit hole that Star Citizen is, instead taking the non-content and non-information CIG barfs up at face value. Doing that might seem utterly ridiculous from the perspective of someone who's been following CIG's embarrassing journey of staggering incompetence from early on, but I honestly can't really fault him too much for not spending any time digging into this garbage pile when he already has more mostly not-poo poo games to deal with than he can handle anyway :shrug:

Once CIG makes motions towards being more officially "done" one way or another rather than being in pre-alpha limbo I'm sure his opinion will rather drastically change, assuming they don't somehow manage to make SC an actually OK game by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Truga posted:

I'm the jump that starts 160ms after you've pressed the button
That's actually 160 frames @ 400 FPS = 2.5ms per frame * 160 = 400ms delay

:downs:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Procedural planet tech progressing fine

:weed:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Drowning in a very small very dark narrow tunnel unable to move because you're caught on something, brrrr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlwoX1YEmg&t=358
E: 4 mins in is also good
E2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcP3o8RO_wM

SirViver fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 20, 2017

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Finally refactored to SC-Thread 1000.0

Next step: refactor post-per-page to 42 in an homage to SC. Estimated release: two weeks.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
!raffle

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
!raffle

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
What an embarrassing shitshow. They're designing and arting their butts off for something that has zero gameplay foundation. Throwing dreams at a wall and looking what doesn't get flushed down the space toilet.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
This is insane. They are so full of poo poo it's unbelievable.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
How can anyone believe the crap they're pulling out of their rear end??

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Can't even talk on the stream,permabanned.
:same:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Enter stage right, the most unfortunate hairline.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
"Creatures in the pipeline"

Yea sure, rats in the sewer.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Lieutanent

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

FailureToReport posted:

:five:

It's terrible. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy they went Live with 3.0
Watched your stream and Jesus Christ how do they manage to make it worse with every patch :stare:

Now, SC really doesn't need defending, however, I have one point regarding the FPS counter. After watching I think I understand where the discrepancy between the ingame and overlay counter comes from, and I don't believe it's SC outright lying to you per se. The difference is that the overlay shows your actual frames per second, measured by counting the rendered frames achieved within one second (hence it only updating every second), whereas the ingame counter displays an estimated/theoretical FPS count based on the frame time of the last rendered frame (or maybe a rolling average over a few frames). If you then have the special kind of lovely performance SC delivers - short periods of mediocre FPS interrupted by huge hangs and lags - this can end up in the game displaying a seemingly too high FPS value, as during a hang you only see the ok-ish value from the previous frame, and then once the hang stops the low value of the hang-frame is only visible for like 1/20th of a second.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Two weeks.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beet Wagon posted:

I was thinking about getting one (after reading J. Kenji Lopez-Alt's sous vide steak article) but I don't really have an issue getting a good sear on steak with in a cast iron skillet and I'm not sure what else I'd use it for. I don't torch a lot in the kitchen.

the steak recipe/cast iron chat phase is my second favorite phase in the great and endless cycle of the Star Citizen thread
The more you sous vide, the more you will use it.
I have just the channel for you...

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Crobear ... Grover... :thunk:
Roberts-bear ... Robespierre :thunk:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
:five::five::five::five:

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
!raffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Pilz posted:

Why's the doggo hate the toy?! Must be the weird moaning sound it makes?
Probably because the toy's expression of eyes with whites showing and fletching teeth is dog speak for "back off or I'm gonna gently caress you up"