Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tokamak posted:

I'm glad that we have a reputable poster providing the OP and not 'he who shall not be named'.

Of course if you asked our entirely stable friends on Reddit they would start screeching, hissing and flailing their arms about the great betrayer or something. For a good five seconds or so before getting really tired.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Solarin posted:

Hey it's been a while that probation must be almost over.

Also on the Sandi thing I was thinking of a post you made in some thread, maybe a couple back, about the potential human consequences of CIGs hilariously predatory marketing. That one brought forth some memorable reddit tantrums, maybe it felt a bit to real to some people

They still carry a torch about that post to this day and don't realise that it's where a lot of the "cult" accusations come from.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

They could just do what they did with you and change reasons every five minutes because of baffling incompetency. I mean it's technically not punishing someone for leaving a negative review, it's punishing them for AIDING AND ABETTING INDUSTRIAL ESPIONAGE.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

TheAgent posted:

mods please move the NMS and ME threads into this subforum

"See! I told you they were working for the publishers they're now COMBINING ARMS" screams one Star Citizen Redditor, voice tinny and muffled from his face being stuck in a mostly empty paint tin he's been huffing for the better part of his entire life.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Just in time for the upcoming holiday sale, the chairman sent out another newsletter (this is the anniversary sale one) ahead of the upcoming holiday sale. It's not live on RSI yet, but start laughing. He actually wrote this:

"For those keeping track, we got Alpha 2.6 made the release window forecast from the Production Schedule Report"

Remember when I said they pushed 2.6 out on 11-30 in order to claim that it was "released"?

Technically correct is a form of correct I suppose. Not sure where they can go from here though since it was 2.6 then AMAZING THINGS WITH 3.0!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

I know lots of people get weighed down by phantom memories of their past lives but I think you can move on beyond that life where you were a manure receptacle.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

MoMA so pissy about TheAgent he invents bullshit to try to prove anyone can make up poo poo and paints himself into a corner just to be right about something that isn't true.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

When TheAgent (whom MoMA hates with a passion normally reserved for Derek) posts information he often clarifies constantly that he can't 100% verify any of it, much of it is conflicting, etc. This is because he understands that not all sources are honest or without some measure of bias.

MoMA (on the assumption he's not just lying because he's chronically afflicted with a case of brown tongue) implicitly trusts his sources 100% and is willing to make himself look like a complete twat because of it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

He's willing to doxx but scared to toxx! That's our MoMA!

Maybe next time instead of going to back belts you should back bones.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Honestly calling your kid Maverick is genius because you'll never feel awful getting cross at them while you're making Top Gun quotes.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Lol they shill so hard for Roberts vision that they think we give a gently caress about any of Dereks lovely games? They are projecting again I think.

I feel like that's their fall-back every time "THIS TIME DEREK WILL BE SILENCED" is met with the deafening roar of Derek Smart's twitter account. Every day they declare victory and every day no one wins anything.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That just convinced me that Chris was inept. I had hoped that the other devs could do their work in spite of him. I think seeing the Warhorse Studios update combined with the latest ATV showing that dumb bit of choreography cemented that CIG is fundamentally broken.

Well with an attitude like that I can see why you're public enemy number two when it comes to Star Citizen!

But in all seriousness here's hoping you get your last bits of cash out of this shitscrew.

Natron posted:

Star Citizen is the Benjamin Button of game development. In four-five years we've gone from incredibly slick trailers of a polished looking product to 6 Poser models dancing like idiots in an untextured hangar. Everything is done completely backwards. If you watched every video in reverse order from now until the start of the project, it would really start looking like SC was coming together and turning into a decent looking game. Do it the other way around and it looks like the wheels falling off a train while it bursts into flames.

This is fantastic and true.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I said it last thread (and probably lots of other folks said it too) but the longer they take making promises, not delivering things and showing little to no progress then the faster people go from positive to negative after a reveal of more stuff that was designed to trick them into believing something was happening. The speed at which this flip is happening is getting really fast too and doesn't really require any big screw-up on CIG's part anymore.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Someone on a subreddit devoted to cataloguing everything about one guy cause he was critical about a video game does not get to question why people dig into something and collect information on ANYTHING.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I think about Smart and read about Smart and write about Smart and research Smart's associates and write about them too but I'm definitely not obsessed okay

I'M NOT OBSESSED HE'S OBSESSED OKAY

I too think that people who talk to Derek Smart are worse than Derek Smart but since they don't have any video games I can bomb with negative reviews my hands are tied.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

AP posted:

What's the big deal about the largest crowdfunded failure in history guys? Who cares that something this big is likely to make a few depressed over "invested" idiots it attracts, kill themselves?

Who really cares that the "founders" of it all will just walk away when the RSI website goes offline and the chances of them actually being brought to account for running a deception for years is low?

Do you think when CIG/RSI implodes financially that they'll do the thing where they gather everyone together and tell them it's over, or just bail from the LA studio really quietly while everyone else at the other studios keeps turning up to work?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I do appreciate how upon reflection of his failures Chris remarks that he needed someone to ensure he didn't get too caught up in the details and keep scope creeping etc. Then every time afterwards goes "Nah I got this"

That takes vision. Tunnel vision.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

INRI hurry up man you better get in on this page

Something something lots of words something something parents something something love.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

So I have to know, is this sort of thing where everyone sits in space with their bodies all Stimpired out where they send the player model when you sit in a ship? Or is it something else my tiny non-electrocuted brain can't fathom?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

AP posted:

I think when they create something in cryengine it's at a distant point in the map, so weapons and modules pop in and out when they are created and then get attached to ships (or left in space when it fucks up).

Also when a player enters a seat in a ship there is a camera created for the avatar, the avatar gets dropped and left in the spawn point and the player camera becomes part of the ship (skin). That's why there's a bug when the avatar appears as an extra twisted body in the cockpit when the avatar gets moved to the same location as the camera instead of being correctly left in the spawn point, there's another bug in reverse when the camera gets left with the twisted avatar at the spawn point but you can still control the ship in the distance. There seems to be a link between the camera view and the wrists/ankles of the avatar so that's why they do the weird rotating limbs thing you can see in both bugs while flying the ship.

It's all faked, it's all crap, they can't fix anything meaningful as the flight system is stupid/buggy and releasing Star Marine, if they actually have the guts to do it soon, is going to show that the FPS side is a broken pile of shite too and it should wake more of the dreamers up. But Citizens are really loving dumb so who knows?

I feel like this ride will never end and that's okay with me, it makes for some fun light reading whenever I'm waiting for something to cook or encode or whatnot. I'm less fine with all the people who have been horribly ripped off by this and wish they'd all just somehow get out of these, even the really crazy duders who think I'm a Derek Smart alt account creating posts designed to spread FUD.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

i kind of admire lethality's never give up, never surrender attitude

Maybe he just really really loves metaphorically dying on hills.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'm sure it's fine and Star Citizen still has another two years of not releasing anything worthwhile in it yet.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am genuinely hoping that they look at the damage I've caused to them in the past, look at how much it would cost to deal with me, and decide it's better to avoid the conflict. If not I have no problem putting the same effort and dedication I spent building them up towards tearing them down.

Apparently the LA City Attorney is suing retailers for fake sales. I wonder how he would consider CIG's actions.

BTW if you have any ammunition I could use I would appreciate it.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were checking this thread after your request, if they actually try to give you the runaround I'll be impressed.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

DapperDon posted:

Considering I have no idea what a vertical slice is, and frankly whenever I try to look it up, I run into different definitions of what that really means. In the case of this game with so many different modules, what does that mean?

It's cause no one knows what one is but it doesn't matter cause Star Citizen will never have one.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

ewe2 posted:

Why can't they ban the person i hate on a forum i don't belong to and don't make comments in, it's not fair.

It's not just not fair, I'm almost certain it's a conspiracy.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'm reminded of that one thread where someone cross-posted one of my effort-posts from here to there and claimed it was a new Goon-based FUD project and then someone else posted it to the Derek Smart stalking subreddit. People were tripping over themselves to argue with it or tell everyone it wasn't worth arguing with. I roll my eyes when we do it here because we should know better but they took it to an honestly impressive level. One guy argued with every single point, possibly because he thought he was arguing with Derek Smart. I know one guy was doing a language analysis to determine if it was Derek or not.

I'm Derek now.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Atreiden posted:

The Alpha still doesn't even have one star system and they haven't been able to do monthly patches as they said they would at the start of the year.

The apologist answer has been they only said they would try to do it. Which is fair enough I guess, but they still failed to achieve it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Hi! How are you?

Oh gently caress I'm doxxing already aren't I? Can I pass this power on to someone else?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

In just one year, they've expanded player count from 0 to 16 and system count from 0 to 1. Now if we extrapolate these percentual improvements,

Honestly if we only count the monthly patches they've managed this all in just five months of production. That's crazy! Technically crazy, if I can steal a little bit of the pizzazz from MoMA.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Streetroller posted:

Apparently CIG still haven't learned about companies picking on individuals.

I can't really imagine what's going through their minds with this poo poo.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361482/a-man-arrested

I'm not sure I understand the point of an intentionally bad PR move and increase in liability.
It's fairly possible to prove that a common person versed in understanding of the controversy of this project would know that Derek is being targeted, no?

He's not a fictional character, nor is the description something I'd consider very parody-like.

Very very dumb move, lol.

Damnit Tamras stop quantum-doxxing people this is why you got banned from the Zarflax system.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I'll be shocked if nothing comes out tomorrow. CIG are pretty good at surprising us with last-minute rear end-pulls.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1) 2.6 for the PTU announced for right after the stream ends (no idea if it'll actually be available then or not)
2) SQ42 stuff shown is just another character trailer
3) Star Marine not shown
4) Chris Roberts dressed as Santa and looking like he hates it
5) I dunno gently caress it show leads with ship sales again

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 16, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

All of my predictions were wrong it seems, but it fills me with many smiles to wake up and see you guys having gone through the trainwreck of trainwrecks.

Merry Christmas everyone and see you in 2.6!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

GazChap posted:

All these apologists for CIG's ship sales and how they need them to raise money...

Do you think it'll ever occur to them that if CIG just concentrated all their efforts on making the game, that might generate more income?

I can sympathise with CIG to a certain extent. I know when I'm making a game, I always make all the graphics first (and I'm no artist) because using placeholder art takes me out of my "game" and I never finish it.

Oh Jesus, I've just realised... I'm Chris Roberts.

:suicide:

So do I make the cheque for 1000 dollars for your game out as a pledge or a donation?!?!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

The guy who organized the anniversary livestream left.

I wonder who organised this latest hot mess and whether or not they'll get the arse.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Chris Roberts' T-Posing Cir-cusssssssssss

And now for something incompletely developed.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That really looks 100% like they just licensed discord and tossed their name on it.

Do we start a countdown to the point where Chris starts demanding changes to Spectrum in ways that won't work and break it horribly, doing to discord what he did to Cryengine?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Pimblor posted:

Hey so this one time, I poo poo posted for 60 pages about unsubstantiated noxxing because Terak Damras did the same thing and we said that was all bad. So please, everyone, listen to me, BarfTrent (mods please change my name) because I am the ultimate morale authority on noxxing.

I still can't believe they did that Derek Tamras thing. Also was Sandi's teleprompter being constantly savaged by things that made her say dumb stuff cause I watched that abridged version of it and it seemed like it and she seemed kinda annoyed by that.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Ah yes, the beating murder-flaying delimbing heart of the Stimpire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

What MoMA meant when he said everything in SQ42 was grey-boxed was that Chris Roberts now has it set up that instead of telling him something can't be done or isn't done or isn't working, staff are to write the problem on a sheet of paper and put it in a large grey box with a slot on the top of it. It's to make the meetings a lot easier since now they just yell "Grey Box!" whenever Chris asks a department for an update. He doesn't actually plan on reading any of it he's going to wait till it's full then grey-box the grey-box by sealing it in cement and throwing it into the ocean. He's currently trying to figure out who it should be tied to.