Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Eldragon posted:

Yes, and I'm going to patiently wait and see if :pgi: completely fucks it up.

I don't understand, do you know what the word 'if' means? Because that's certainly not the word for which you were looking here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Backers are not getting early "alpha" test access to SQ42. I don't really have a clue to mission lengths yet. SQ42 is very tight-lipped.

Most open development in history

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well according to Ben they just put together their gameplay team a few weeks ago so these things take time.

Well to be fair how much gameplay does it take to move a mouse in a rudimentary UI to press play on the most glorious space opera movie of our generation and then to occasionally click on a dialogue tree?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

A challenger appears

To be fair in this instance the users of a website that harbors an unusual amount of pedophiles are right that it won't happen. People in the original SA thread about this scam were directly challenging Derrick to sue them and all he did was use that to get a subforum on a dead internet comedy website.

Granted I'd love to see him follow through but I think it's got the same likelihood of happening as Star Citizen has a likelihood of existing and being good.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, I bet Derek wishes he'd sued. Right now, he could be enjoying his winnings of hentai, Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

I'm just saying Derek Smart : following through :: Chris Roberts : producing a game

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

aleksendr posted:

Nah.

As fun as having uncle Dereck go space court on them would be entertaining and funny its pretty evident that there is nothing (yet) than we know of that could be used to make a case viable. Being a bad game dev, squandering millions and making bordeline impossible promises is neither a criminal or civil offense.

The best thing i could think for a solid legal actions would be proof that the funding tracker is bullshit. We all suspect there is shenanigans going on with it, but unless there is a leak from Turbulent detailling exactly "how" it is misrepresenting the real funding we cant do much about it.

I meant even following through on his threats to do anything about the libel claims or whatever, I know he'll never do anything against CIG

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tippis posted:

There's something strange going on with reddit.
They're saying almost sensible things.

Have I been infected with some kind of DNS redirect bot?

The accounts normally used by CIG to drown dissent with Derek Smart accusations are conspicuously absent. Meanwhile, the FCC website is being incessantly attacked by monotonous comments from bots decrying net neutrality as a force for evil. Coincidence? :tinfoil:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Somebody make r/ChrisRoberts that's TOTALLY NOT a hate sub and is just meant to archive all of his lies then have the stickied posts be links to the CIG website tia~

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

I plan on getting the new ship maybe if they impress me. It'll be a small upgrade.

Also someone exposed derek on reddit. hes not a doctor. Yet another reason you guys shouldnt hold him up to such high regard

I would say Lowtax thanks you for the :10bux: but you have several 'x's in your name that are clearly not part of your name and I wouldn't want to get you mad at me for fear of what you might do to me on the internet :ohdear:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

put up or shut up dude. Your coyness is obviously a weak attempt to avoid being sued for slander.

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

If you're going to low effort troll at least don't use the wrong words. You're looking for libel.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I discovered this quite accidentally in another thread but :allbuttons: seems to capture the moment when Derek Smart was irrevocably proven to be right about the inability to deliver the game as promised with $150m

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

The game has been out since dec 2015 dude. They're just adding constantly to it over time.

:golfclap:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I'm sad that Captain No X with Ironically Lots of X's burned out already, he should have paced himself :smith:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys would absolutely lose your minds if you found out who I really was.

Given his propensity to give inordinate amounts of money to an insane guy that tells bad stories about space ships I'm going to say: Tom Cruise

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It always amused me that in the beginning of :pgi: doing their best to make MWO terrible the term minimum viable project was correctly used as a derisive term and :pgi: vehemently denied it, but in Star Citizen it's an aspirational goal.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

To the tune of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7Xdu7STx8

Day after day
I send my cash away
To mansions cold and grey
To the Star side of town
Where the dim men stalk the tweets
While the sane stay on SA

Day after day
They tell me I can know
They tell me I can show
Off the Star side of town
Where it's pointless to LTI
'Cause it's such a con way down

So I tell them that
I can fly, I will dream, I will break my karma
I will do me harm
Here I stand, FUD in hand, posting to my wall
I'm not quite right at all, am I?

Don't set me free, I'm as whale-y as can be
Just my Polaris and me
And my R/DS makes three

'Cause I'd rather stay here
With all the sadmen
Than perish with the Smart men roaming free
And I'd rather play here
With all the sadmen
For I'm quite content they've pledged the same
As me

(Where can three point oh lie
When a scammer hides
His procgen birds
In a cellar, dark and grim
They must be very dim)

Day after day
They take some brain away
Then turn my pledge around
To the Star side of town
And tell me that it's real
Then ask me how I feel

Here I stand, FUD in hand, posting to my wall
I'm not quite right at all

Don't set me free, I'm as helpless as can be
My bank account's split on me
Gimme some good 'ole fidelity

'Cause I'd rather stay here
With all the sadmen
Than perish with the Smart men roaming free
And I'd rather play here
With all the sadmen
For I'm quite content they've pledged the same
As me

Sorry, David Bowie :saddowns:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Roflan posted:

So what the last couple posts is saying is that CIG have no secure method for customers to recover accounts they may have payed tens of thousands of dollars for?

What are you, poor and selfish? If you can't access your donation rewards you are obligated to buy a new completionist package

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I used to wonder how people could so vigorously defend Star Citizen despite all evidence proving they have the wrong of the thing. Then I saw how many people could so vigorously defend the "pineapple is a bad pizza topping" despite all evidence proving they have the wrong of the thing. Then I remember many of the pineapple wrongs also bought Star Citizen for literally any other reason than to fleece nerds on the gray market.

Makes one think.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

his nibs posted:

I'd be grateful if could provide this :airquote:evidence:airquote:

Fortunately for you, you're equipped with the tools to discover it! It resides in your mouth, usually behind your teeth

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Infogrames presents: A Loan in the Dark.

This is incredible and now I want to replay that series and absorb my cowboy clone all over again or whatever you did at that part I forgot

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Chalks posted:

How else are you going to transport your collection of 4 oversized tactical fleshlights.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I hope the mystery avatar benefactor comes back because the avatar the thread needs is Eonwe but spinny elephant in front of Crobear face

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

war thunder in space?

Ok so now I hate you because I would play the poo poo out of this if it existed. Also because it strikes close to home how gaijin has made the game fun in spite of their best attempts in their quest to keep UI guy busy.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It isn't a game to these people anymore and I think unfortunately that this is just the beginning.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bofast posted:

This is the best idea I have heard all day :five:

Psylotus and Smuggrineer will always be the clan and alliance icons I hope, but I'd put crobbear as the figurehead of my Railjack whatever now and forever

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Othin posted:

That’s what we’ve been saying for years but it’s really up to Judge Gee to rule on now :cool:

Star Citizen - Moral of the team is really low

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Gravity_Storm posted:

What in the Holy name of uncle Jesus is a data runner????

Did you ever see Johnny Mnemonic? Well Chris just did only instead of Keanu Reeves it's a space ship JPEG

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Inkel posted:

lol imagine giving CIG money in 2018

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Nicholas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg9I68Us5B0&t=158s

"Going in the red-zone is a lot more detrimental in space, because once the rock explodes the pieces will end up going in every direction. Since this is space they take a while to stop, with no ground to stop them."

can someone please explain space to these people.

No you see Futurama was written by PhDs so the easily understood science of Professor Farnsworth is clearly legit

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

It'd be a game changer in VR for sure.

The problem is, in VR you're wearing a big fuckin' face mask

But what if, and now this is important don't lose me here, but what if you didn't point the camera at your face but some other body part? What could possibly go wrong?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Hobold posted:

And we see why FPS is improving. Draw Distances have been absolutely gutted. Loading speed on new textures is glacial too. What the gently caress are they doing.

Well nobody said you had to have both high FPS AND high quality, that's just unfair to CIG

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Guys it has been mentioned in a few posts but I don't think you understand.

Yes Star Citizen is bad and doesn't exist.

But you're talking about it instead of doing sick kickflips that murder people in Tenno Hawk's Pro Skater on a Back to the Future style hoverboard.

What I'm saying is go download Warframe and play the new open world content to realize how much fun the game is for throwing fidelity to the wind, and realize they'll be adding basically Star Citizen but working into their game because they can and want to later this year.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All I do now is play RimWorld and wait for Stellaris to update.

Play Warframe, it's really good and now is a good time to jump in to one of the goon clans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Has anyone thought to tell him that they've got some...bad news? :downsrim: