Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, a fresh start! What great things will we achieve in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Remember to give your parents a call around this festive time of year.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Be careful quoting me guys, you could end up on the Old School Internet Warlord's ignore list.

Just keep posting the good stuff and soon he'll have the whole thread on ignore

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The last words of a man preemtively putting the entire thread on ignore...

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I love that all the backers have conservative expectations because everyone else has decided this project can get hosed.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's entirely possible to make a space game, but star citizen isn't a space game. It's an over reaching fantasy. What would you be left with if you took away all the impractical elements? Some space ships and some fetch/kill quests. A viable video game like many before it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hahaha, so in the end they decided that stealing the INN name was a dumb idea?

Also loving lol at them having a "community manager". Let me guess, they got to pick their own job titles?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Certainly doesn't look like it's going to have any physics glitches.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

How many people are even capable of having a conversation like that without suddenly realising "my god... none of this has been thought through has it?"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Urm, I think you'll find that MoMA has said that everything is A-OK with Star Marine and perhaps you should pay a little more attention to him because he has vague secret sources.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Community Subscribers?

We have a winner

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

a larger bug currently crashing GPUs

Lol. Chinese whispers technical info filtered through sometime who doesn't really understand the words is the best thing.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanNoonan/status/804835495171817472

Have you tried... making something good? If CIG put out something legitimately good and fun I'd play it in a heartbeat.

I am programmed for more than just hate.

CIG have a large number of very talented 3d artists. The idea that they could produce a functional FPS in an engine that is entirely focused on FPS games, so much that the literal "getting started" tutorial for it shows you how to create a functional FPS was never very far fetched.

The fact that they've taken 4 years to produce an FPS using an FPS engine is purely a testament to how badly they've hosed the engine up with their hacking. It's insane to think that I could download CryEngine today and have a functioning FPS game by just following the tutorials but they still can't get this poo poo out of closed alpha testing after over 4 years of work.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheAgent posted:

this well

this is just fantastic

lol

The year is 2970. Space fighters are launched from carrier ships with a team of guys waving their arms around to communicate like they did on aircraft carriers in 1970.

The brilliance of Chris Roberts who's every creative thought can be summed up as "20th century military tech but in space"

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 8, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I knew Chris couldn't help himself when it comes to ripping off film ideas, but the human centipede was an unexpected departure from the sci-fi genre.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Looks like Crytek might fold. Programmers haven't been paid in two months, and pay for the last five months has been delayed. The two founder brothers are nowhere to be seen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-13-crytek-once-again-in-crisis

I imagine they got loving destroyed by UE4 and Unity's latest business model.

Congrats on being the only company using CryEngine in 2016, CIG.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I would be shocked to hear any part of that dumb thing was legally actionable, it's just silly and a bit unprofessional

Yeah, but would you also be shocked to hear that Derek frequently threatens legal action over all sorts of dumb non-actionable poo poo?

TheAgent posted:

tomorrow is gonna be good

It's a Friday so technically you can't be wrong about this.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hey Derek, you should fix the meta description tags on your site so the preview text for these links isn't so silly.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

What small heads these animes have.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Wouldn't want to use up those precious patch version numbers in your already ridiculously versioned alpha product.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lol is literally nobody watching the stream to realise they've hosed up the sound for like 5 mins?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

maybe the timer is bugged. Theres no fuckin way theyd be able to carry this out correctly. The interviews with people, the host not knowing when its live etc

loving lol if they have a bugged round timer and score system and they decided to play a show match as if nothing is wrong.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

no wonder the development of this game is taking forever. no one is good at anything.

lol

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo. Man this is really loving bad.

It's always difficult to tell exactly what's going to break the camel's back but this seems to be pretty close.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I wonder how much they're in for?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"The smoke machines blown a fuse and someone's knocked the mirrors over! poo poo what are we going to do??"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Top marks to whoever thought wheeling Ben out in front of the camera to mumble about ship sales was good filler for technical difficulties. Really good work.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's the moooossstt wonderful tiiiimeee of the yearrrrrr

MoMA where are you? Come join in the festivities, buddy!

Xaerael posted:

Min 12-ish "[about predictions] I was wrong, and I'm sorry."-Erris

Hats off to bowtie guy and anyone else who has the balls to admit they're wrong, even if it takes CR pulling down his pants and making GBS threads on a livestream to realise it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This made me smile

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AbstractNapper posted:

Did he actually still believe that 3.0 was happening in 2016?

Also lol at his pessimistic estimate about 2017. cause that ain't happening either.

Yeah, when I first watched the clip I thought he was just doing the typical true believer poo poo and being overly optimistic about when they game will be out - but he's honestly shocked that it's not out now and thinks a loving April release date in 2017 is unreasonable.

Games get 100% content complete then go through 6 months of loving QA and focus group testing before release, we've not seen more than 10% of the content for SQ42 and basically zero gameplay. No way is it only 6 months away.

Poor bastard.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

So I'm back, how is 2.6?

Let me put it this way: Erris took off his bowtie.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Aneurexorcyst posted:

How did you guys like Star Marine?

I particularly liked the desync on all the scoring and round timers.

Anyone got the screenshot for the graph immediately following their stream this time last year?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

That's enough for me though, nothing is worth watching bow tie for

This clip is all you need to watch:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

This type of stuff is happening way too often to be coincidences. There be some Smart disgruntled employees at CIG,

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/18235dq8cydhur/store_slideshow_small_zoom/We-Hate-Working-Here.jpg

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

am I being trolled

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/18235dq8cydhur/store_slideshow_small_zoom/What-Makes-You-Think-That.jpg

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This is fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15634-Bad-Ship-For-Garbage-Idiots

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

It was horrid - not gonna sugarcoat that one.

When you hear Erris saying "I don't trust CIG any more" what do you feel inside?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you have any actual proof of this doxxing? Because if not, shut the gently caress up, Trent.

His concern trolling will probably end sooner if he doesn't get a reaction every time he does it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ArfJason posted:

I repeat, you guys need to be so obsessed about the game, and must stop doxxing people who like it immediately, or the people calling you out. Contrary to popular opinion it is not normal to spend months reading every single reddit post about the bad space game, especially when you dislike it so much.

The only mentions of doxing in this entire thread are by you. A bad thing happened, but everyone, especially the victim, would like everyone to forget about it and move on. Your concern trolling is way more weird than using a video games forum to talk about video games.

Everyone who's thinking about doxing in this thread should stop. And you're the only one who's doing it. So please stop.

Also if your avatar isn't some dumb thing you did for attention and really is a dox, the admins will remove for free so stop being such a martyr and get it fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Downforce is very important when you're flying, you see.