Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Chalks posted:

Just keep posting the good stuff and soon he'll have the whole thread on ignore

:grin:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Propagandist posted:

Hey Derek, seriously though: a while back you mentioned that some source dropped a lot of dirt on your lap. Did that turn out to be a hoax or troll or something? You haven't mentioned it in a while.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just honestly curious.

This was already discussed on my Discord server. Without going into too much detail, it wasn't a hoax. However, after going back and forth with them, legal recommended that proceed with caution. In the end, I decided that it simply wasn't worth the hassle; so I killed it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Inkel posted:

Holy crap, is this the actual letter that Chris sent to The Escapist? I guess I never actually looked it up since it was before I started following this disaster. This is the ramblings of an insane man.

Oh, it's even crazier in HD, if you can imagine that.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
ScruffPuff made one of the most elegant analogies regarding SC development. And it needs to be preserved for posterity.

quote:

Let's say you're asked to make a sandcastle - one story high. So you go to the beach and make a small sandcastle.

Now the boss comes around and says "I've changed my mind, make it two stories high." So you manage the nearly impossible feat of making a two-story sandcastle. It's inherently unstable, but if you don't poke it too much, it'll stay up. Mostly.

Now the boss comes around again and says he's got a bigger vision - make it 20 stories high. Reality is not his field, he just reiterates that he's the boss, you're the expert, make it work or you're incompetent.

Now you're in some poo poo. Not because the vision is inherently flawed, but because you can't make a 20-story sandcastle due to the construction material being inadequate and unstable for use beyond its current capacity. You have some options - you could mix the sand with another material to make it more like concrete. You could change the location and build it out of stronger materials, like wood, or steel. All of these are workable, but they require starting the project over again.

Unfortunately, your boss has already invited people to move into the 2-story sandcastle, and he's promised that what they're seeing is what the finished product will be, only BETTER. You have to make it grow to 20 stories without damaging the parts that are already there, because then it will look to the people who are living there that progress is going backwards, and we can't have that, can we? They might lose faith. So you are now faced with the task of building an impossible building on an unstable foundation without the appearance of backward progress or the revelation that the original design was a mistake, because that would discourage people from paying for this prime, sandy real estate. Get to it, expert!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

Production schedule diff checker:
https://www.diffchecker.com/A9nozxJ8

Previous:
https://www.diffchecker.com/ucNCNlQy

-----

The more interesting thing is if you compare the latest version with the first:
https://www.diffchecker.com/fmvSgRFW

Almost everything is delayed by two weeks - optimistic estimates, pessemistic estimates... Two weeks later and they are still investigating the prop serialisation code. One section was completed but has gone back for a rework (network sync [lol]).

In two weeks they have completed: art dressings for the FPS map, prop dressings for ships, pick up icons for arena commander, the remaining camera bugs, gamerules refactor (this one seems substantial) and telling QA how to access the new PU missions for testing. On the otherhand you have Turbulent (leaderboards) and the music composer submitting their contributions on time.

They are also using the previous estimate, and not the original. So you get: ETA is 9th December (delayed from 2nd December). But the original states: ETA is 18th November. Turning a three week delay into one week.

They gave us a schedule to deliver the patch in roughly four weeks. In two weeks almost everything has been delayed by two week, and the release was pushed back one week. Given that the estimates converged by around 50% over 50% of the time frame, we can probably expect at least another weeks delay. This would put it around 23rd of december, aka january 2017.

2.6 was a sure lock for 2016, until it wasn't.

RIP BIND CULLING

I called it. :smuggo:

ps: Hearing about some high profile CIG/RSI leavers who are exiting the project in Dec. More soon.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

btw top execs are going to pay themselves out over $1m in bonuses this xmas

happy holidays

That's nuthin'. There are high profile exits (end of year) also in the works that I'm hearing about. 3 confirmed thus far.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
In today's episode of "Banter With Ben"

Well this is interesting. Play close attention to Ben's statements re: SM in Evocati. Maybe it's just me, but all his statements lead me to believe that he's trying to tell us something (that I'm right).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4857195&viewfull=1#post4857195

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4857401&viewfull=1#post4857401

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheLightPurges posted:

Yea that's what I don't get. Something doesn't add up. They barely crack 10k views for their anniversary stream, regular streamers are lucky to get low 3 digits of users, forums and reddit are fairly slow. I'm supposed to believe they took in 7 million last month?

I'm not saying its completely made up but there is stuff being counted in there that is throwing these way off. The community is far too small and interest demonstrably too low to consistently give these clowns 30-40 mil per year.

It is for the most part. That's what the nerfed blog was about. :(

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Derek your site is down.

Yeah, server migration.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/805117822041030656

Solarin posted:

PS this is probably what Derek's 'gonna get sued 100% end of story' blog was addressing. If they are manipulating this and lying about their actual funding then we got some good times ahead.

They say all over their website they are a 100% crowdfunded project, that claim has to be complete bullshit but I have no idea if there is legal standards around the term crowdfunded

It's worse than anyone thinks. Hopefully it will all come out soon enough. Just remember that I've been saying it's bullshit for over a year now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/259596-The-Star-Citizen-Thread-v5?p=4861216&viewfull=1#post4861216

quote:

That looks like the "star marine only" build they pushed 2 days ago.

As you can see, it looks completely different from the fake crap they've been trying to shove through. SM was not active for play in the 1st 2.6 build they pushed. Like, at all. Which is what I was saying all last week that they are silent because they wanted to sneak it out at some point under the guise of plausible deniability.

I haven't seen it yet btw, as I haven't fire up the game since the last "minor" update they pushed the day after 2.6 went live on 11-30.

ps: given the person who is sharing this, I would still treat this with suspicion. On 12-16, we'll see if it goes live to the PU or not.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

What about that guy who said it wasn't in there, like at all when 2.6 first went to Evocati?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Just in time for the upcoming holiday sale, the chairman sent out another newsletter (this is the anniversary sale one) ahead of the upcoming holiday sale. It's not live on RSI yet, but start laughing. He actually wrote this:

"For those keeping track, we got Alpha 2.6 made the release window forecast from the Production Schedule Report"

Remember when I said they pushed 2.6 out on 11-30 in order to claim that it was "released"?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/805872968979062785

There is independent verification of this out there but I'm not linking it because it's not really fair to identify individuals to the crazies anymore, given what's going to happen next year.

In other words, Derek is right, but I (and Derek) will not post how he's right. But, believe us: he's right.

:rolleyes:

MoMa I was notified that you were going to :toxx: over this. I didn't want to miss it; so I temporarily unblocked you.

JUST DO IT!!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

He's LYING. Blatantly. Which is why I wrote this.

There is only ONE Evocati build. All other builds are standard builds.

DEV (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> EVOCATI (usually the same build as QA) -> WIDE PU TEST (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> LIVE (public release)

Anyone with access to Star Marine when 2.6 was first released on 11-30, did NOT have access to SM other than via hacking the files and ending up in solo play

Think about this for a moment and you will see what's going on.

• on 11-30, 2.6 was only pushed to Evocati (800+ people). It contained the SM files, though it wasn't playable
  • The 2.5.x patch will NOT download the 2.6 Evocati build
  • Anyone (not in DEV or QA - as above) with access to 2.6 had to have downloaded it as part of the Evocati release
  • If they had access to it - as per of #3 - why then did they have to hack it in order to access Star Marine if it was an official build they could just play?

Simple. The files where. But it wasn't an official release of Star Marine. They enabled it later via a "Star Marine only" patch update due to all the noise that's been going on about it. Which is precisely what I said they would do. They did that about 48hrs later.

I can't even believe that people are arguing about this still. This is what I stated back then, and I was 100% right.

quote:

Some Shitizens are still spreading false rumors that SM is in the build. It's not.

In fact, now even the /r/StarCitizen/ denizens are actively stifling any information about this. My guess is that by the time word is widespread, they're hoping that CIG would have released it as an update.

Just now posted on my Discord channel:

quote:

the subreddit is cracking down on anything pertaining to whether or not star marine is in the release pretty hard. That post from yesterday was deleted. two threads about it have been removed. their posting guidelines about evocati leaks are the following: "When an Evocati testing session begins, information about it may not be posted until one month after the end of the session in question. Exceptions to the rule include posting the fact that an Evocati session has started, and very basic information regarding the Evocati session theme (e.g. "Balance is being redone." or "3.0 Evocati testing has begun")." I would consider whether or not the main component of the patch is actually in the patch to be pretty basic info but I guess not..

It goes like this: dev (pushed by devs for testing) -> QA (internal QA) -> Evocati (usually the same build as QA) -> wide testing (out of Evocati to larger group, usually subscribers) -> live (wide public release)

Like all builds, the Evocati builds have a unique internal build number that is incremented with each update. The updates during the Evocati test phase, go through the normal test cycle.

And it's all one build. They don't send different builds to different groups.

This release of 2.6 sans Star Marine indicates to me that either i) they want to test other things first before pushing it to Evocati from SQ or ii) it's so badly broken, that it's never coming out this year.

Note that they had slated Dec 8th as the official release. That date pushes up against the holiday sales. So this preemptive move to push 2.6 to Evocati, to me, is yet another carrot stick ploy by CIG to boost confidence during the upcoming sale, then post-sale, announce that SM isn't coming after all, let alone 2.6 going wide. Mark my words.

It's horrible. And this sort of thing is why it is hilarious to me that whales keep funding this project.

And here is Ben Parry saying he can't even talk about whether or not SM is in the 2.6 build. And my response.

quote:

WRT Star Marine, contents of evocati builds are NDA'd, but also I don't work in CS, QA or production, so why would I know?

LATEST: /r/StarCitizen_Leaks/ (<--- run by a known Shitizen, so approach with caution)

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 6, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

An artist or "design" staff is not high profile.

Take the :toxx: MoMa

JUST DO IT!!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

I always felt it a strange argument to make. It doesn't matter if SM was in 2.6 or not - what matters is that we were teased for over a year with SM gameplay that was suddenly completely scrapped (we're talking weeks, not months...), then SM was cancelled, then Chris said it was already in the game, then it was announced that it was coming back, and then they hacked together the shittiest Minimum Viable Shooter CryMod that the inept team at CIG could hack out over a couple of months - and it has nothing to do with Star Citizen proper.

It's so ridiculous that I'm not sure what the release was intended to prove. Does it prove that DS was wrong? Maybe, but it also proves that CR was wrong, so it's a wash. Does SM prove that we'll soon have a seamless PU where flight and FPS are both top quality? I'd say it's proof of the opposite.

The only thing it proves to me is what I already knew - with over $130 million and over 300 people around the globe CIG can't make a good Crysis mod. Maybe it will inspire amateur designers around the world to take a crack at it (they can't do any worse) and those independent devs will create tons of great space shooters, thus saving PC gaming.

^this was a good post :boom:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

He added wiggle room to that too now by saying not all evocati could access Star Marine on the first release, that wasn't how he was originally arguing it. Also check this.

Yet, according to him he didn't have access to evocati either. The guy is full of poo poo and should toxx on dirty leavers to prove me wrong.

Yeah, that's how they're all walking it back now because to them, nothing's worse than for them to accept the fact that I was right. About anything.

There's another (now blocked) rear end-clown over on FDev who is single-handedly pushing the same narrative; having been busted numerous times already that his "proof" was pure and utter bullshit.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I never said any of those things. Do that again, and you will be blocked.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Derek was wrong about 2.6 as well as Spectrum being released to the Evocati on November 29th.

MoMA was right.

Confirmation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5flh6t/260_and_spectrum_closed_testing_update/?st=iwcsdvgk&sh=264e1a76

I would hate to have you as attorney because your definition of "right" has more holes than my favorite sock.

Fact (pay attention): MoMa only talked about Evocati build rolling out. Since nobody (not even MoMa who doesn't even have access) had received the invite at the time, I pointed out that it could be a FF op.

The debate - at the time - had NOTHING to do with SM being in it or not.

Aside from the fact that the CIG schedule already had a date, and the build was expected - despite being moved twice.

So MoMa saying that Evocati builds were going out - and they did - has NO bearing on ANYTHING. The entire discussion is about whether or not SM was in that 11-30 release. It wasn't.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Fact (pay attention): You were wrong.

Correct! The debate was about whether or not 2.6 would be pushed out to the Evocati. You were wrong (not right) in said debate.

It has bearing on whether or not you were right (not wrong) or in fact wrong (not right).

Woah dude slow down you'll have to wait for my December blog for this!

You're still pissing up a tree.

YOU:

Derek was wrong about 2.6 as well as Spectrum being released to the Evocati on November 29th.

quote:

D_Smart posted:
It's already 4PM EST. I haven't heard of any "whole spectrum of good news", Toast. What'd I miss?

ME: How does me saying I haven't heard anything, amount to me being "wrong"?

quote:

D_Smart posted:
I have an account in Evocati, as do 7 of my contacts. Nobody has received an invite. Not a word on Reddit or RSI forum. So I'm thinking this is a False Flag op that MoMa is running and trying to ride the wave due to some anon poster who may just be posting bullshit.

ME: How does me saying that nobody (including myself) I know, has received an invite, amount to me being "wrong"?

YOU:

quote:

MoMA was right.
Man of Many Aliases posted:
There's actually a whole spectrum of good news for tonight.

Confirmation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5flh6t/260_and_spectrum_closed_testing_update/?st=iwcsdvgk&sh=264e1a76

ME: wtf has that got to do with me; let alone amount to me being "wrong"?

Q.E.D: If MoMa was right about 2.6 going out to Evocati, it has nothing to do with me. So whether I'm right or wrong, is patently immaterial.

Your turn.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 6, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.PayDay posted:

Oh, nevermind...
CIG failed to deliver almost everything on their Gamescom slides so far.
They are too incompetent to even deliver the minimum milestones.
MoMa's and Derek's internet argument is only possible because this whole open developement is a farce and SC is a desaster itself in delivering or an excellence in failing, which you prefer.
But entertaining. Pledge more please, ladies and lads.

Agreed. I think what's the issue for me is that there are people out there theory-crafting this whole thing away, as if I don't have better things to do with my time but to make stuff up - and blatantly lie - for the hell of it.

As they say, the worse thing for those people is not that croberts was wrong; it's that dsmart was right - about anything.

Just this past Oct, I wrote a lengthy blog explaining why it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to believe croberts when he said that 3.0 was out this year - and hopefully before Dec 16th; when (according to my sources), he knew full well that it simply wasn't true. He just lied.

Now, even looking at the Powerpoints he put up for 2.6 to 4.0, it's clear that this isn't an issue of "missed schedules", but just utter nonsense. Just like all the times before that. Heck, look how many time they've shifted the 2.6 schedule they posted. Sure developments slip, but the effect is that they may as well not have even released it because they're doing the same (missing dates) thing anyway.

And based on those lies, he raised almost $15 million dollars from backers who trusted that he was actually telling the truth.

Here we are on Dec 5th, with a Dec 8th date for 2.6 going to the PU, and aside from the fact that it's buggy as hell, they will try to push it out regardless because there is a holiday sale coming up.

And just like that, everyone has seemingly forgotten that 3.0 was due out in Dec. But here we are arguing about SM (which is worse than any CryEngine mod btw) being in 2.6.

And judging by the fact that they want to release SQ42 in the first half of 2017; it stands to reason that as buggy as 2.6 currently is, not to mention all the lingering 2.5x bugs they have yet to fix, 3.0 is going to be a mid to late 2017 release, thus pushing 4.0 into 2018 - if they survive that long. In fact, I would even say that 3.0-3.3 won't even make it until sometime in Q4/17. Go look see half the crap that's in 3.x and you tell me how confident you are that it's going to be completed in 2017, just in time for 4.0 to roll out.

So this argument about SM is just a foolish distraction. The end result when it's released is that CIG - after receiving over $137 million dollars - somehow managed to release a crappy fps CryEngine mod that's hardly playable, let alone worthy of note.

It's all lies.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr.PayDay posted:

Btw I got lost in the dialectics of the arguments.
IIRC Derek claimed that SM was not a part (and that meant able to be tested/played) of the Evocati build per 30.11.2016.
And he was right there, wasn't he?

2 days later MoMa claimed Evocati are already playing SM with the "then" current iteration of the build, and was right there, wasn't he?

So, what's left to discuss IF IRC? :rimshot:

Yes - that's basically the gist of it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Same here. The folks who were there early on at least have an excuse, but now that production has descended into a monstrous joke that only exists to milk backers I have no sympathy for them. There are plenty of other game companies out there that make actual games and don't waste millions of other people's money because they can. Whenever this clusterfuck collapses, either because CIG finally does release a steaming pile of poo poo or because CR finally outspends the money faucet and goes bankrupt, every one of them will be tainted by their affiliation with CIG. They'll spend the rest of their careers hearing "oh you worked on Star Citizen" along with a barely suppressed laugh (assuming they can even get a job working on games). The worst thing will be the new hires, the ones right out of college who don't know any better and assume that CIG's constant deluge of incompetence and waste is normal for game development.

At this part every one of them is a willful participant in a blatant scam. The sad part is that most of them probably don't realize that CIG is just as likely to gently caress them as their customers. Just look at what happened to 38 Studios.

Stop spreading FUD. :allears:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Well at least Shitizens can't cry foul when the same overzealous mods they keep ripping on /r/DS pull the same stunt and ban others.

I just got banned for this post (probably deleted) which is quite puzzling to say the least.

Amazing how something like that can get you banned.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

You called them “lying shills” and telling a liar they lie will get you banned every time. :D

I think since that thread has a high maintenance mod requirement, they probably don't even want Star Citizen being discussed there. I don't see anything in my post other than calling them lying shills. Considering that both Hi-Ban and Cmdr Orlando get banned regularly - and for less - it's anyone's guess wtf triggers the mods these days.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

What's puzzling about that? You admitted to being a non-shaver. As per the orders of Imperator Sandiosa that's a huge infraction.

That did cross my mind tbh. And that lends credence to Sandi either being one of the mods, or something even more ominous.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/806562440028819456

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mordred posted:

It's not really that amazing, considering you:
1) are the one who consistently lie
2) insult and flame everyone who disproves your ramblings with facts
3) call everyone who disagree with you shills and/or liars

nice meltdown :allears:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

how can anyone hate pizza

what the gently caress is wrong with you derek

LOL!! It's one of those urban legends. I don't think I said that I don't *like* pizza. I'm just not a *fan*. Big difference. But leave it those Goons to go off a cliff with everything :grin:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tippis posted:

The problem with that is the r/ at the beginning. There is a limit to how much I'm willing to debase myself, and below that limit, there's roughly -∞ and then there's reddit.

I got banned from FDev (it should be up by now) because I called a guy a liar after he repeatedly lied about things I supposedly had said, which he “proved” by presenting quotes of me saying the exact opposite. He and I have about the same amount of infractions, and he reported me first so I got kicked out and he got to stay to lie some more. :D

Join the club. I got banned for basically the same thing. Apparently you can't tell someone they're lying. Or something.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't, I just wanted to know how long I should wait before contacting the various agencies that likely already have significant cases against CIG.

Two Weeks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:vince:

ded

completely

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART :siren:

Apparently you posting here is excuse enough for folks to come in here and poo poo the thread without the mods taking any action (other than reverting probations).

I need you to make a couple of on topic posts every day on a few of the most popular threads in Games such as "Warframe (PC/PS4)", "Pokemen Megathread 7.0", "Stellaris" or "Elite Dangerous". I'm sure the people in those threads will appreciate being repeatedly informed that "doxxing is bad and you shouldn't make death threats".

heh. well I've lost whatever little interest I had left in the thread, since that clown FAU encroached on it - a second time - then proceeded to give his FYAD crowd free reign to poo poo it up. Something they're still doing.

So, now I just skip 4-5 pages each pass, and don't appear to miss anything. I have my own new forum now for archiving the Star Citizen hilarity, and without any of the distracting bullshit that goes with it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

When is CIG's holiday livestream again? I was so busy being a loose cannon that I forgot to mark it down on my calendar :negative:

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=32d8ef31243db6075c45571bd&id=66189ffeb5&e=cbe9e3fa1d

quote:

December 9th, 2016

Greetings Citizen.
This week, the Star Citizen team delivered a number of Alpha 2.6 patches to the Evocati for testing. Devs are still addressing feedback provided to the Issue Council, and are working hard to get 2.6 ready for a wider test group. Significant strides are being made by the team. For example, we have reduced asset errors to zero, and issues are being resolved at a significantly higher rate than they’re being created. Stay up to date on our current progress by checking out our Production Schedule Report.

Besides the push on Alpha 2.6, we went to our Austin studio for this week’s ATV, and devs continued work on a number of features vital for 3.0, Squadron 42, and beyond. Finally, I’m still working with our team at Foundry 42 in the UK, but plan to be back in LA to host next week’s Holiday Live Stream, which happens Friday, December 16th at 11 AM PST / 7 PM GMT.

See you then!
-- Chris Roberts

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

I still love that Gremlich twit demanding I prove I wasn't Derek. I sure as God made little green apples wasn't going to send him to my live stream (which doesn't exist), but when I did show proof the Twitter account was better than eight years old, he questioned what that proved.

It's amazing how those rear end-clowns are always demanding "proof"; yet they don't seem to be chanting at CIG to provide proof they will ever live up to their promises. It's amazing.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
There's a bunch of nut jobs on /r/ds - right now - debating what this meme means (hint: it has nothing to do with the Costner case)

There's a Tower Of Babel message coming soon. :grin:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 13, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Samizdata posted:

Seconded. And more so, if you do supply them proof, they stare at it blankly and claim that doesn't count. So, I guess that is the part of the brain Crobbers triggers?

Which pretty much explains why they would be paying for JPEGs with zero proof that a game will ever be forthcoming.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not really. Pretty doubtful that we'll get 2.6 live by Friday.

shocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

shrach posted:

So RSI UK filed their accounts today. There isn't much to see, for reasons that will become immediately apparent, but they confirm the money moves around needlessly. I made a flow chart in MS paint for 2015 of the information so far.

The Star Citizen funding chart apparently showed $36m in 2015 with $3.3m of that coming in January, leaving $33m for February to December. Using an exchange rate of £1 : $1.55 for 2015 would put a total value of ~ £21m for February to December 2015 for the Star Citizen funding chart. That is clearly a material difference to the £15m that was shown in the accounts of Roberts Space Industries International Ltd.

When the UK parent company files their accounts there should be some more information on inter-company relationships.

The money isn't moving around needlessly. They're playing a shell game, not only for tax reasons, but also for liability reasons. Because, you know, it's perfectly normal to have 3 (!) corporate entities in the same country, one of which doesn't do anything, while another is a shell, and yet another is the one with ALL the liabilities.

CIG (UK) - the parent, and which has yet to file their accounts - owns 75% of F42 (UK). It also owns F42 (GER)

CIG (UK) also owns 75% of RSI (UK)

NOTE: F42 (UK) has a secured loan (charge) from NatWest bank.

F42 (UK) filed their accounts Sept 26, 2016 (on time)
RSI (UK) filed their accounts in Dec 12, 2016 (late)
CIG (UK) has yet to file. And it's late as well, because all filings are due by Sept 30th each year.

All the corporate entities associated with the Star Citizen project.

quote:

- Cloud Imperium Games Corp, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Services, LLC West Hollywood, CA <– The one is interesting. It is found on BBB, but is not in the CA Secretary Of State dB records
- Cloud Imperium Games LLC, Santa Monica, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Cloud Imperium Games Texas LLC, Austin, TX
- Cloud Imperium Games UK Limited, UK
- Foundry 42 Limited, UK
- Foundry 42, Germany
- Gemini 42 Entertainment LLC, West Hollywood, CA
- Gemini 42 Productions LLC, Santa Monica, CA
- Roberts Space Industries Corp, West Hollywood, CA
- Roberts Space Industries International Limited, UK
- Twin Brothers Production Inc, West Hollywood, CA
- Twin Bros, Germany