Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Whay If they had gone the unreal route?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Truga posted:

They'd still be trying to make this poo poo work with blueprints, just like they're trying to make cryengine work through xmls.

Is it even possible to make a thing like Star Citizen with than engine? I'll guess that no, but then the only possible way is a custom engine?
If so, what a fool CR for choosing CE from the start, this project is a series of bad steps starting from the beginning.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Erenthal posted:

PD had a ton of great guns, the Farsight was just the cherry on top. I'm still amazed that they managed to cram that much content into an N64 cartridge.

Plus the ability to mod the bots you could fight, Goldeneye on steroids.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

There's a good chapter in the Doom biography about Carmack and Romero, about the development of Daikatana. They had the expensive office and equipment and furniture etc. and everyone knows how that turned out. Romero wanted to project an amazing image without having done anything yet, with Ion Storm anyway. What amazes me is Roberts is like quadruple Romero, all those loving studios decked out and nothing to show for it. I forget the amount but I swear it was around 100mil in 90's money that Romero burnt through, so I can't comprehend in the modern day how CIG is still going with so many studios and employees.

At least we got Deus Ex, from that ordeal

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
A new day, but the fight between Farming Simulator 17 and SC goes on.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
A long time when everything was possible.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Just want RSI to end, but I guess it still have a year or two on it.

Sadly Star Citizen won't end with a bang but a whimper.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Clifford is a sick sick man

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Mandroid Candycorn posted:

I'd like to take a moment to point out that I was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia and put on risperadone and depakote.

That means the entire time I was a star citizen backer I was an undiagnosed, untreated schizophrenic. And even that person had the sense to get a refund.

Makes u think.

Hope you're doing better.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

:eyepop::eyepop:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
So much secrecy for a game that promised open development, and the citizens tout that as good.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

KawaiiAtomicBombs posted:

Don't mind if I come contribute to your misery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml7vBy0rH9g

Just wow :five::five::five::five::five:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Barcley posted:

Got my refund today from kick starting this thing in 2012! Gonna spend it on games that are actually in existence.

Try pubg, an early access game that works

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

TheAgent posted:

13.3gb of texture memory at peak running through a barren planet on a barely there spacebike

lol

:eyepop: A game truly from the future, I'll play it well in 2050

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

XK posted:

If you go to Google Image search, and look up "model train enthusiast", it's literally Star Citizens from before computers.

At least those trains are real

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
After all this years it still amaze me the degree of narcissism to making the webpage and an in game company named, Roberts Space Industries.

Shame he can't suck his own dick, if that'd be the case he woudn't have time to pitch SC on the first place.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
After all these years, I still thin the hornet looks like crap, and most of CGI designs too. Although the Nox seems nice

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Hobold posted:

Some of the ships look neat, mind only some. Merchantman, and Reclaimer are still kinda good looking to me.

The racing ones too, a little generic

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Star Citizen will be released so far in the future, using a special technology using your brain called imagination ,or "Star Imagination Engine 3.0"

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Ben has a problem.

It could be solved with 30 minutes of walking a day and eating reasonably. But who want's to live to age 40?

Of course that won't do anything about his racism, or stupidity, but beggars etc etc.

He prefers to be dead rather than know that SC failed, an slow suicide by calories.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
As much as I'd love an ELE, SC is probably going to die slowly, as it has been for the last year.

To think I was excited from this video in 2012: https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/365324/video-171354-h264_high.mp4

What great games have you goons played released between 2012-2017?

benzine fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 12, 2017

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Hold my beer,
I'll be right...

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish I knew what that's supposed to mean.

...offering citizens SA accounts.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Can't wait until they announce they're refactoring everything in their own programming language known as SC++

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Galarox posted:

I heard there will be action figure toys on sale at the CIG booth at Gamescon:

Will the bionic parp effects, have LTI?

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Croberts voice is so boring, finally watching this shitshow on twitch, and their dumb script.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Variable 5 posted:

Has the ELE happened yet?

This isn't a meteor kind of event this is an Permian extinction slowly going until the last great whale is dying. They don't know it yet.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

hardycore posted:

lol its fake

Fake or not, it still teaches us a valuable lesson

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Star Citizen needs to die...

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

The horror when you realize that this is them showing the best they got to offer. This is meant to impress us into buying this thing.

Or at least not asking for a refund

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Boring....

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
You just inspired me for a quick edit, of the great Boo-Boolesnick.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Beexoffel posted:

Escuadrón Cuarenta y Tres.

Really good with a shot of espresso and some ice.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Just watched the Citcon youtube, what a boring mission. Welcome to commute simulator and lovely platforming, to think it only costed 200,000,000.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benzine
Oct 21, 2010