Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Sappo569 posted:

So in that atv video the one guy was talking about 'we just recently shot more animations' just how long has Crobberts been camped out at the mocap studio for ? Wasn't that the place that was like hundreds of dollars a second to shoot anything ?

It seems like they've been shooting mocap for literally a year or more straight

If sq42 ever comes out its going to be like a FMV game from the 90s isn't it ? Click on an npc and watch as it switches from in game to movie of the actor going through the lines

God drat I am angry at this specific video game

That's literally every Crobbers-produced game, I think in Freelancer there's like 15 minutes of cutscenes before you get to fly anything

Star Citizen Zero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrnvWeeBc4

Star Citizen Zero: Origins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Rz2_5jRgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Yeah, I felt bad for the guy and his team. They worked hard on this. Miyazaki eviscerated them; I don't think I've ever witness such a thorough critical beatdown.

Not getting called out leads to garbage like Star Citizen though, I'll take feeling like poo poo for a day over putting out poo poo for years and thinking I'm a genius for it.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Sure, but it's a pretty big leap from nascent AI project to psychotic crowd funding scam.

I'm not sure it is, this started as a nascent MMORPG extension to a pitch for a space sim. And even if they aren't the same size or have the same intention, criticism is still important to prevent things from turning into awful slogs like this.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I'm definitely not going to say that critique is bad or should be delivered in the form of a poo poo sandwich. That would be pretty hypocritical of me, since I really rely on it for my work. I just found Miyazaki's delivery to be unusually brutal.

It totally was, though to me it's understandable because he's probably looking at it from a way longer perspective than the devs were - like if this is what they think's worthwhile now, what will they end up crapping out ten years from now? It's kind of like if you were shown a really, really well-drawn Syrian refugee pony OC and the artist asks you "how they could improve it".

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Accept pledges to draw it in various spasschips of course!

I'm still not entirely sure how "AIs with no notion of limb differentiation" translates into the team's stated goal of "AIs that make art like humans," but I don't know nothin' about no videogame development. That last part seemed to be what offended Miyazaki the most -- he's a humanist to the core, and any effort that aims to replace human ingenuity with artificial machine calculation probably seems obscene from his perspective. His response after the cut was pretty bleak.

Also because the team doesn't seem to know why they're working on the project; given that it's no surprise what they're making has no use and no sense of humanity. They didn't mean to, but they basically told an old man that his descendants don't know where they're going and don't care.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Also lol that the new GBS edgelord thing is to concern troll about doxxing without a hint of self-awareness, I long for another boardnuking

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

imagine ben going "i'd doxx me, i'd doxx me so hard"

let it enrich your holiday experience

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

yep, I come to this thread to read about 360noscope trolls that take weeks to play out, not about the millions of dollars catching fire

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

TheAgent posted:

i read your post but I'm on vacation until the 9th but will make it a top priority when I return

have a very happy holiday and merry new year

You too, love your work

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

I'm the king of trolls, I've trolled all of you

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

Shut the gently caress up

what's wrong, can't take the trolling??? gotta be hard around these starrrrrs...

star citizem

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I have the believe you are a reputable and responsible and trustworthy person I can do business with from the little information so far I gathered about you during my search for a partner and by matter of trust I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.

I am Chris Roberts 48 years of age the only designer of late Wing Commander whom was killed by the publishers that attacked our company and took over our studio (ORIGIN). I ran to Kickstarter the economical capital of CIG from were I am contacting you. Before the death of my game I had a sum of US$140,000,000(One hundred forty million united states dollars) kept in a studio here in CIG in my name to make the best drat space sim,

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

lol, see that's a troll. it's clever because they tricked you

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

I imagine there's one guy dressed like a cool 90s kid, with the backwards hat and everything. he's the one cool troll

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

An artful trolling goon sir

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Once again I really wish MoMA was Toast, since at least that'd be an interesting bit of background compared to "guy that spent too much money on video game".

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

huh, Sony and Microsoft are smart

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

CrazyTolradi posted:

I honestly cannot understand how someone can say they've got two grands worth out of SC. How the gently caress in 4 years can you get enough gameplay out of something so broken and incomplete to make it worthwhile? You'd get more entertainment, gameplay and depth out of Air Control.

this is why you don't call kickstarters an "investment", yeah

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

I'm hoping we have a mocap cutscene where it turns out the other space cowboy merc was actually trolling your space cowboy merc, and everyone on the forums goes on about how it was such a great troll because of the polygon count.

There's some dramatic music, someone shouts "CAPTAIN WE'VE BEEN TROLLED!", and then it does a BSG zoom in on your ship right before it blows up? I dunno.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Wiz posted:

Deskeletonization is currently in refactoring.

Is there space weed and space research chems that have a 50/50 chance of causing a disaster? If so I may need to buy this instead of CK2.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Propagandist posted:

Agreed, stop following this thread.

Step your game up SD

lol, you've been trolled

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

realtalk arf why is gbs basically tvtropes but with more wacky pictures

how did this happen and how can we stop it

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Eldragon posted:

The stronger the negative consequences the greater effect of griefing. But SC fans are mostly care bears who can't even handle dissenting opinion. These two facts are incompatible. Thus SC, even if delivered as promised,is hosed.

Even elite had to create the solo play mode so the Care Bears could be space truckers in peace.

best part of that is that there's been solo players that complained about getting griefed by the goon faction's npcs, not making this poo poo up

there's something about this genre that fucks up people's brains

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Excuse me if I don't take your word on what is and isn't funny.

nice meltdown

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

hey hey, be chill. no need to get mad about internet spaceship preorders

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You guys aren't normal people in the technical sense. Like at some point most of you just became bitter husks that cynically lash out at everything you see. This self reinforces because if you see anything is good their entire worldview might collapse.

...you're actually mad, I can't believe this. that's like the first rule, don't actually get mad during a safari

go outside and/or talk to people that actually exist then come back here

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

another reminder that this is somehow a bigger fuckup than daikatana

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Sillybones posted:

That appears a really high quality scan. Why does the rendered result look like complete poo poo?

it's entirely possible that their base engine is so old they can't use newer mapping methods to make a low poly look really nice. more likely they don't have anyone there that understands the engine well enough to pull it off

and yes I am saying the CryEngine devs might not understand their own engine, it's not exactly dev friendly

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

the simplest solutions are usually the best anyway, star citizen should've taught us all this by now

have a happy new year eonwe

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Regrettable posted:

Looks like a certain internet warlord has been mighty busy.

ok, I did laugh

congrats derek

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

i like to think we moved on from the code of hammurabi somewhere in the past three thousand years but what the heck do i know

Kiwi Farms was based entirely around the concept of an eye for an eye, I'm not sure what you expected from anything involving them

If you want to be the bigger man you should pick a subject that has some sense of self awareness, like Krebs or the Red Cross. It somehow never occurred to these geniuses that other people could do what they do but better

Huh, in a way these guys are the CIG of doxxing, never thought about it that way

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 21, 2017

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

The Titanic posted:

It was a lot of bad ideas and I hope nobody tries to do something like that again from any angle.

lol, give it a week and there'll be three more of these sites "fighting for free speech"

Beet Wagon posted:

For gently caress's sake you guys, how hard is it to just put ArfJason on ignore so you stop taking his incredibly lame bait?

we think gbs is worth keeping around, you really think we're competent in any way???

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 22, 2017

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

nawledgelambo posted:

let's keep quoting fyad

that'll teach em

but tane is ironc, that makes it funny

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

yospos? posted:

"i'm not mad," he says, punching a hole in the wall. "you're the one that's mad," he continues, sweep-kicking a small child to the ground. "actually," he grunts, throwing his laptop at a nearby pedestrian, "i think it's pretty funny"

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Histories of the Great Stimpires, Book MXLVII Vol. IX

Who the gently caress originally wrote this anyway? Are they the same guy that's into foreverially delitizing stuff?

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Chalks posted:

Someone please explain to me how "man hires receptionist, receptionist rates him 5/5 on website" is something to tweet about?

that's him in the massage chair I guess? poo poo, not even that
that's him in the office chair or something

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

HycoCam posted:

Not skinned at all. Nipple jets... Or how about shooting a pilot in the head while seated?

Walking around is always my favorite thing to do in an MMO. Screw having hundreds to thousands of places to explore. Who needs things like salvage, repair, cargo, an economy--bah those things are so over-rated. My perfect MMO needs walking around and a golf swing--in space. Coincidence that EA stopped making PGA Tour in 2015? I think not!

Legit question, what is it about Walking In Spaceships that gets people so obsessed? Like what do people think they're going to do that's so exciting compared to bullet waltzes at Mach 6?

People have been trying to implement that poo poo for longer than I've been alive and at best you get Battlecruiser's janky FPS segments, I've never seen it actually be an interesting feature.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

McGiggins posted:

So what did I miss in the last six months?

Is this game real yet? Has Derek admitted all his stuff was fake (game is toast in two weeks, etc a year ago?).

Has crobbers and Sandler done anything dumb recently? I miss obsessively reading the thousands of pages posts that this topic generated on a regular basis, but I quit my job and now no longer have the time. If can get summary, would be appreciative.

game's good as poo poo and Derek's crying, here's the latest trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsSzoQJek70

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

People reading meaning into 'commando' will never not be funny, it's just something I made up to annoy them that stuck, there's nothing more to it than that

too bad goonie, he knows you're an angry bird of prey now :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

well part of him can be. maybe he's like a transformer and one of his modes is incel