Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Finally caught up on Star Citizen after leaving the thread in last year and boy there's a lot of stuff that had happened.

Chalks posted:

Yep, it's pretty bad for 4 or 3 years too. I mean hell it's pretty bad if it had only had 2 years of work.

"you don't understand game development" is a common excuse when Star Citizen delays its promised features. Are there games whose development is well-known enough now that we can see how much is "done" after two years, after three years, or after a certain number of years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

alphabettitouretti posted:

Moma said he'd played 40 hours but the leaderboard shows the top player is that drunken pua streamer twat with 30 hours.

Moma why you gotta lie, it hurts us bad.

Maybe MoMa is WTFosaurus and for him 30 felt like 40.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
What is Mici?

Also from that Thargoids E:D video and the Forbes article linked few days back, are there no aliens in E:D? What do you fight then?

Also what aliens are in SC

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

BeefThief posted:

Instead of finishing one game, CIG is not finishing two (?) of them

Improvement!

Next year CIG is going to not make three games.

Also what two games is he talking about?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sabreseven posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfxT22LC8A

The pretty 'cutscene' where the pilot actually gets a few shots off.

Thanks DS, I was wondering if it was possible to shoot at it :)

There's a video where somebody try to pilot their ship closer to it and end up colliding into them, destroying their ship. So it's a very interactive cutscene.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
whoa getting close to doxxing there guys, tread lightly

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Regrettable posted:

I still remember watching that in theaters when I was 6 and being disappointed by it.

You want to talk disappointment, my parents bought me "Harry Potter III" in 2002. The second movie was out that same year, so clearly it's a bootleg, but none of us knew that. Doesn't help that none of us spoke English back then. The movie was actually The NeverEnding Story III.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sillybones posted:

Is this real? Did they use that excuse? Is his fingers the only ones that can hit the right keys in the right order or something? I get it is nice to R&R if you are injured, but if it is super important...

This is way back in November 2015. It's vintage CIG at this point:

AP posted:

WEEKLY DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

quote:

It was a tough decision to make in putting our efforts behind this one huge release because it always had the potential for added risk for delays in production but we know it was the right decision to make for good of the project because it will give us the right foundations to build upon for the long term. A Publisher might not have been so brave because they don’t have the BDCE (Best drat Community Ever!).
we suffered some unfortunate news in our Lead FPS Programmer falling off his bicycle and breaking his wrist! This certainly wasn’t in the schedule so with him out of action for a few weeks we’ve had to pool some resources from other areas to help pitch in with getting 2.0 out of the door. It’s certainly not what we needed at such a critical time in the project but these things do happen.
this sadly means that the build is not ready for public consumption yet!
Working on a fix where multiple ships going to the same destination don’t end up inside each other

Delays are good, publishers are evil, great stuff coming in 2 weeks hope the dog doesn't eat our homework again.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Lime Tonics posted:

You can buy likes and upvotes from a server farm in india. 30 dollars USD gets you about 15000~30000 hits. They claim to use VPNs to mask the hits but ehh, you get what you pay for I guess.

You can also buy followers and retweets for Twitter. You can buy YouTube subscribers and views. I think this applies for any social media in which an account has some sort of numerical value (friends, retweets, or whatever snapchat have). I can't think of a famous social medium that doesn't, at least.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Please stop talking about the meta of the thread.

What is the most alien force we've seen in Star Citizen? From the hubbub surrounding this Thargoid thing, I assume SC hadn't even speculated something like that.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sabreseven posted:

For history, to show "progress"

and

reference :

Progress log:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone please put Derek back in the window of the door. It triggers me every time I see he's missing.

Would it be alright if he's just peeking through a weirdly-placed window on the automatic door?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
That's not an imperative sentence, it's declarative

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
please no, i'm just about breaking my head when CIG 'switches' from CryEngine to Lumberyard, but turns out it's not actually a switch? And in fact there's no effort at all, since it's more of a 'rebranding' than a 'recoding'? Some graphs made in Paint?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Sillybones posted:

Seems okay. Maybe the background was touched up?

So is this an edit with a joke I don't get, or some photo thing? I saved almost all (39) edits of the photo, so I was just asking.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

I want to say what a convoluted and stupidly swirl-ful alphabet this is, but then I remember where I'm from

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

no_recall posted:

OOT Post but holy poo poo.
http://remlok-industries.fr/1030/the-guardians-lore/?lang=en

This is what ED has written up for the new Alien friends.

Fancy cutscene, don't get your panties twisted

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Polywag uses Bubblebeam

VealCutlet posted:

Pay to play online, gently caress that

Like PS+?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

McGiggins posted:

Is it true, agent? the jpegs!!!?

the jpegs are out of control

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
mom had an additional reason to purchase Switch, then

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Erenthal posted:

also, mount gox was a more professionally run operation than cig

How can that be

Isn't MtGOX bankrupt? Like, actually financially? Last I remember in the hey days of bitcoin thread 2015 it's no longer a thing

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Erenthal posted:

yes, and i stand by my assesment

mark did nothing wrong

Ah you mean nothing wrong with regards to seating equipment

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Maybe we should combine brazil.txt with stimpire.txt for that delicious tl;dr empty post package

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Wait wait wait

The mods ask him to post on GBS?

That's an abuse of powers

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'm sure a lot of Star Citizen players dream of being a professional bodybuilder in space

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Yeah, I bet all the Star Citizen fans are already on it.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Derek Smart actually wanting to work for CIG would be an unexpected development in his backstory in this here greatest trainwreck drama that is Star Citizen.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

TheLastRoboKy posted:

poo poo, imagine a tantrum spiral colony drop.

can you translate for the people who hadn't played Dwarf Fortress

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Wrecked Angle posted:

The irony is IF Derek had gone to CIG in 2012/13 and asked to work on Star Citizen, they almost certainly would have said yes. Why the gently caress wouldn't you? There are a stupidly small pool of game developers who have ever had anything to do with making shooty space games and Derek is one of them. Sure, you wouldn't put him in charge of graphics, control schemes or user interfaces but as one of the few people on the planet who have actually tried to do a similar thing to what CIG aims to do, that knowledge and experience would have been invaluable.

He'd probably get fired or quit a year or two in, what with their egos and all.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Samizdata posted:

This slide show is for you, Propagandist. And any other bunnyfiends ITT.

The fur had overtaken the rabbit :3:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Doraemon is a pretty good japanese sci-fi

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Wuxi posted:

Gonna be honest with you guys, anytime one of you posted one of your dank twitter owns it was cringey at best, so I'm going with Beet here

I too am always uncomfortable around internet "owns".

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

McGiggins posted:

Remember nerds, before Disney ruined the EU canon, it was canon that Han Solo banged a female giant weasel people, one of which is depicted here.

I'm sure Disney's furries won't disappoint.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
can't believe how dril tweeted all that

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If you want to talk about trump please use Star Citizen analogies and metaphors

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

TrustmeimLegit posted:

None of you know what a fascist actually is. Trump would have been murdered immediately by any historical fascist regime as a filthy Capitalist (possibly jewish).

Now please move on from politichat before I say "star citizen is good" and trigger a 10 page derail.
Oh right no way would a authoritarian nationalist with delusions of grandeur make sense in a fascist regime :rolleyes: And righty, I forgot to consider all the "capitalist purges" common in fascist regimes :laffo:

your arguing from the assumption that America already is a fascist state that's in a position to immediately murder an incoming dictator, which nobody claimed it is.

...gently caress I wrote all this before considering who I'm replying to. Glorious self-own, I'll edit all this poo poo out

i secretly invest 20 grand to Star Citizen, today

saved for posterity

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

darkarchon posted:

Since we have a weight something here:

Since I started a CICO based diet. Last post 8 days ago:
some numbers

Edit: this is weight tax :colbert:

here's a fat cat

no wait, no politichat, here's a fat dogge instead

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Zzr posted:

I can't wait to see what the guys at loverslab will be able to come to with the professional mod tools avaiable for SC.

I thought you were talking lovers of slabs for a second

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Ayn Marx posted:

I like how SurfaceDetail single-handedly proved fyad's kind of got a point
Well done commando

She actually did trigger a derail, but without even mentioning that SC is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
There's a forums drama?

I stay in this thread and the xbox thread at CCCC, so I know nothing of the wider forum culture