Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well my friend, ALL of us can't wait to see your reaction when this poo poo-show collapses.

Derek wept for there were no more shills to dox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

nawledgelambo posted:

What is with idiots being so easily conned, I just don't understand

A fool and his money are soon parped.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Bofast posted:

Ironically, Babylon 5 was made on a really low budget by talented people with good writing, sensible management and direction completely void of wavy hands™.
They were also breaking new ground (entirely CGI without physical ship models) because they had to keep costs down.
Oh, and they released products.

It's the opposite of Star Citizen :doh:

Also J. Michael Straczynski left a cult while Chris Roberts created one.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

There's something about this response to G0RF's infographic that's insanely funny to me:

It's like Moses climbs down from the mountain and discovers the Hebrews have all backed Star Citizen.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Lazrin posted:

the one thing i can't get straight around here is, do you get more of an autistic boner when cig decreases the scope, or when they increase the scope of 3.0?

but props to gorf on the infographic, it's well done, accurate and informative. too bad the biased commentary skews it rather than just being pure data.

How do you know if Chris Roberts is lying?
His arms are moving! :haw:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

MedicineHut posted:

I'm sure this must have been posted here before no?

Socrates to Plato: "I called it in my Hekatombaion blog!"

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Guys CIG always intended to launch with zero systems I insist as I attempt to articulate the incalculable density of content that surely must follow.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

no_recall posted:

Wait, I thought this was a space game?

When you think about it space is just the absence of things and in that respect Star Citizen is extremely space.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

lmao the only thing that's disabled is the backers

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Well fellas it was a close shave but it looks like PC gaming is saved hail Stimperor.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don't have archives, but Googling "Danish submarine Something Awful" brings up an archived thread early in the results.

He's not a goon but a goon did help him build the murder sub.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

hey hi hello, I'm an aspiring vaporware space sim enthusiast from the gbs doobie thread and i've not been following this shitshow at all. can someone give a quick rundown what these clowns have been doing with >0.1 billion dollars for half a decade? how has there been so little progress? if you code that long, with so much funding, you gotta produce at least something, even if by accident, right?

Well they spent the first 4 years building a cult from the ground up. Only recently have they been able to properly perform rites. But now that the spiritual pipeline is in place we can all expect to achieve enlightenment in two weeks. Stop being so impatient, most religions take way longer to reach this level of sophistication.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Virtual Captain posted:

This? I'm a real archivist now!

I don't really understand archive development but from what I've picked up here and there you need to speculate about somebody's wang first.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

When your game design bloats
Devs are mod'ling three coats
You're The Chairman
When your hair looks like stoats
And you're sailing on boats
It's crowdfunding
Goons will parp tarp-a-larp-a-larp, tarp-a-larp-a-larp
And you'll sing fidelity
Whales will say early-early days,early-early days
Dreaming in futility

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Ortwin's native soil.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I read that as "painfully employed."

In this stimconomy you take what you can get!

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

hot balls man no homo posted:

So what is left to sell that hasn't already been sold and requires no work to create? Naming rights to planets? Custom skin coupons?

CIG will once again do what no other game developer has: Sell Richard Garriott's blood.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

what the hell does FUD stand for?

Fantastically Underwhelming Development

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Golli posted:

Looking at it from the perspective of how will CIG get more money-

Congratulations on your recent land plot acquisition commando! We at Robert Dirt Industries look forward to guiding you through the exciting journey of real estate ownership. Unfortunately your parcel is not currently in compliance with UEE zoning regulations and requires the construction of an access road at your expense. The cost of construction is estimated at 6,999,999.89 UEC or 25 American dollars if you prefer. Financial aid is available to those that qualify.*
Failure to comply with UEE zoning regulation may result in a space lien being place on your property.

*Financial aid is not yet implemented.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

no_recall posted:

There is no simulation

Nice FUD goon
CIG is simulating game development.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Hes a famous permabanned poster

FUDstomper42

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

AP posted:

I don't understand why he bothers, it's crap he even thinks it's crap. Why force yourself through this, streaming anything else would have to be better.

Maybe once you've streamed Star Citizen nothing else will do. You know, like hunting man.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Tnuctip posted:

Indeed the forever war was an excellent book.

Star citizen: the forever development

Star Citizen: The Forever Store

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

AP posted:

Fyi the page number thing is even more dumb than the dumb cat tax thing.

Yes. It's not at all professional. :gary:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Nebiros posted:

Posting from the past, just wanted to applaud this. How long until a Space Commando falling over detonates the Commando?

Edit: poo poo, didn't even notice it was a quote originally. Changing schedules for work is making me dumber than usual.

My goon valor... Stolen?! :negative:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

BluesShaman posted:

I missed page

Getting psyched for page 6666.

Page 4444 is both nearer and more significant.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Bayonnefrog posted:

Thanks for the replies. I've already really enjoyed my first month following this thread. It's why I joined. The SC reddit wouldn't engage in anyone with a different opinion and flip out.. Everyone here seems to be more level headed and reasonable. Which was way different from what I had heard after playing Eve Online for years.

Welcome to the 'olar 'ystem commando!

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Why are people waiting for this game when the x series has been around for years and already has vr support, all with game play from the single ship to building a space empire?

Because Star Citizens are a collection of guerrilla advertisers, gray marketeers, and finally dipsticks who would rather live action role play as a guy who has a game to play than actually be a guy who has a game to play. They are sad dummies.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Trading in your spinlocks for morlocks.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Seems like the echo-chamber that is the SC subreddit have unanimously decided that Crytek can suck a big fat one and CIG are just too ambitious for ANYONE to understand ya know?

The real cry engine was the subreddit they made along the way. :qq:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

kilus aof posted:

CIG is going to build a lawyer out of a garage door opener and some wood who will put forward this unbeatable legal argument: Moons.

CIG's twitter account is going to start question posting again only this time it's gonna be like, "What sort of legal defense are you most looking forward to in #StarCitizen?"

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

CIG makes the Cleveland Browns look competent.

Uh this is slightly FUD

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

CIG makes the Cleveland Browns look competent.

Now that I think about it, Star Citizen reminds me a lot of the post-move, pre-return Browns.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Which came first, Sandi's refusal to wear her wedding ring or Chris' preoccupation with fidelity?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Does a space toilet really exist if you can't log in and poop in it? :thunk:

LOL, log

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Hav posted:

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ElkNcCAhSU - This, but from the viewpoint of CiG. (The Richard Burton bit)

The chances of any game coming from Chris are a million to one, he blogged. But still, they fund.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

TheAgent posted:

lol

organized resistance

motherfucker please

This unwelcome intrusion of reality demands Organized Resistance.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

GWAR Citizen

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

"Never in the field of game development was so little sold for so much to so many."

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

SoftNum posted:

Soooooo CIG is saving PC gaming by creating (yet another) first person shooter with a single player focus?

EDIT: Why aren't the more sane citizens angry about CIG wasting their money on big name actors for a single player FPS?

The "more sane" citizens are ritualistically ejected from the community in periodic purity hunts because Reddit is for corporate serfs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Scruffpuff posted:

My "Inner Voice" is telling me Chris Roberts is an inept autist.

Crobberts' inner voice, "He who can Archer a thing can sell a thing"