Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
This is truly the most enjoyable non-existent game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

It's almost 15 years ago but I still remember the Eagle ship had 2 missing hull panels for some odd reason, but now I know that was thanks to the glorious efforts of Croberts.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
As a guy who find entire shopping malls boring I don't know how to describe several million of square miles of nothing.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

big nipples big life posted:

That sounds more like ego + desperation than dirty business to me

e: A good example of tencent being disgusting is that new game Fortnite and having all of the loot and most of the progression entirely locked behind gambling boxes. They start out giving you premium currency pretty regularly then they cut off the faucet once you are used to cracking open those sweet, sweet loot boxes. It's like a loving crack dealer.

I get turned off by games when I smell even a hint of P2W-dependent garbo at the onset, which is like 99% of the App Store.

Unfortunately for all of us, the likes of CIG and Candy Crush proved just how obsolete the former $60/copy 9-digit budget AAA game business model is in terms of nickeldiming.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Beet Wagon posted:

Thanks everyone, glad you liked the stream. Full video is here if anyone wants to suffer with me after the fact:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162698683

e: oh that's right I forgot, it starts with Beer single-handedly destroying the CIG management team in Battletech, skip to ~34 minutes in for SC

Anything to ruin a self-cam tryhard day is always a plus in my book

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

If you'd have told me when I was 16 that I could get payed for playing games i'd have *imagine me doing something really stupid here* of course now it just seems like it would be a really miserable thing to get into cause the good streamers who aren't irritating fucks have to play alot to get noticed and the rest are all punchable vapid twats.

It's like the same old HS jock rags to NFL riches lottery-chance story, every tryhard game streamers wants to be the next PewDiePie raking in the millions of views using the same overbearingly loud and annoying personalities then gets surprised it doesn't work.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Have some pity for her, you guys don't know how cruel life is as a top 0.1% earner riding on easy scam backer money

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

During WTFO's deleted rant he mentioned that CIG wasn't helping enough and that he took a big risk to do this. Ambiguous but still thought provoking considering he's never made enough money, through Ads or subscribers to make an actual living off this in the first place. He's been doing it for 3 years.

Hey guys, have some pity on me please because I suck at making worthwhile life decisions

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

McGiggins posted:

Didn't everquest or some other lovely popular mmo do foip at some point, had the tech all done and ready to go, but they canned it because it was poo poo?

Like, I'm pretty sure I remember watching a breakdown of some other studio apart from 38 (lololol) that worked on it ages ago for their game but ended up scrapping the finished and ready to deploy product.

If the average person already doesn't want to see their friends' faces in realtime on a phone, why would they even want to do that in a game filled with creepy and obnoxious strangers?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I have been outta the SCAM loop for a year now, but I cant believe WTFOsaurus is still streaming this POS

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dongsturm posted:

They're natural gas tanks for the BBQ and grill in the back.

I wonder if that thing was meant to be the engine?

What's even more funny is Russia already has a production tank with an unmanned turret in loving real life.

Their imagination of what a futurist space warfare would look like makes as much logical sense as a political party arguing for minimum wage in a post scarcity economy.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Blue On Blue posted:

After all that he can probably squeeze out a solid 15 FPS in Star Citizen

Nope, for that you gotta need the $400K NV DGX-2

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Buy two of the worst AMD's current gen CPUs (1900X) in performance/$ so he can save the cash for the $1K worth of fans.

Correct priorities, my dear friends.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

trucutru posted:

Truly a blast from the past

quote:

FTC shuts down Butterfly Labs, the second-most hated company in Bitcoinland
The mining equipment company failed to deliver tens of thousands of computers, and delivered others so late they were obsolete

Just like something else in this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I'm worried Clifford aka Miku is going to fall into that computer one day and recreate the woodchipper scene from Fargo :ohdear:

While it wouldn't be that bad, it's only just one spilled liquid from an expensive doorstop.