Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
15 companies seems a trifle excessive tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen: Programm Scheißen

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In the neon-stained streets of 2190. the only value placed on a human life is a number in a spreadsheet

A squad of Stimperial Commandos relax until a new mission comes in

They go to the general vicinity to seek out their target

Hacking into the local datanet, they find a person of interest

Closer investigation shows a probable match

Enhance 78 to 105

Go left 45 and zoom

Enhance 11 to 66

Pan up 12 and zoom

Enhance and give me a hard copy

Target confirmed, they trail him to a nearby massage parlour

The target is acting erratically, never stopping in one place for more than a few seconds

The commandos have a discussion about how best to fulfill the clients request of "sending a message"

They come to an agreement that high explosive is relatively unambiguous

Landign sucsessfl commando o9

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
well you see, chris learned to code back in the day when programmers needed to get down and dirty with the actual physical hardware that ran the program, making use of hacks built in by the manufacturer. in fact, being out of the industry for 20 years is good for star citizen because he hasn't been distracted by all the overhead and bloat that has grown up in that time between the bare metal and the actual application

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

edited for more stonk.

urgh, the only barely tolerable SC streamer turns out to be a messy drunk and a massive loving wanker

a new year and a new desktop background pic of kayak :peanut:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Returning to this "normal" thing, I only just noticed this today.

Normally someone would catch that, which leaves you suspecting that it was done deliberately.

what about this am i not seeing here? :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Instruction to press the left mouse button is on the right and the press right mouse button instruction is on the left.

Somebody spent ages on that system, had a 50% chance of getting it right and still hosed up the easiest part.

oh good i thought that was just regular run-of-the-mill CIG

Fooma posted:

My god what else is there:

PAAR(p)
P4 Assault Rifle Ballistic Rifle
RMB LMB

Anagram of Schedar is "Crashed"
Lime green accent colors on dooky brown environment

i spent five minutes staring intently at that picture to see whatever it was and by the end of it i was seeing shadowy figures moving around on the white panel :ghost:

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 4, 2017

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

"STRETCH" ARMS WHEN PICKING UP ITEMS (BOTTLES ETC.)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 pick up some bottle or other item
2 look at your arm

ACTUAL RESULT
"stretched" arm appearence

EXPECTED RESULT
"normal" arm appearance

Bugchaser response: not a bug, feature working as intended. Bones replaced by liquid metal per Stimpire lore

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

I mean, he's correct. You can grind your eyes out or you can play smart and still have more ISK than the guy grinding.

But EVE is a game.
fixed

also those two chatbots omg

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if getting banned will block a refund later on. Also if that's the case, how long before it goes "request refund > banned for no reason > refund rejected"

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Eurotruck Simulator 2 is a good game as long as you turn off the speed limiter and use the in-game music player to stream cheesy French radio stations while you blast across Europe at 200+kph with a shipping container full of toxic waste

edit:

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 27, 2017

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DigitalMocking posted:

So, no word at all about all the walkouts/layoffs supposedly today?

Sandi and Chris have gotten wise to how we minions of Derek operate - hence, Chris putting the archered Nebula in yesterdays newsletter, knowing it would distract us from what is really going on wrt the layoffs

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When this all goes tits up, do you really think Chris and Sandi are going to want a cheap foosball table in their garage to go alongside the cutting edge motion capture rigs and office furniture made from bits of SR-71 Blackbirbs?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can't imagine Internet access being all that fantastic in Darwin, Australia though. Is Australian internet real poo poo, like in the US? Or worse? :ohdear:

:argh:

For reference I pay about $35 for my 100/100 connection. I could upgrade to 250/100 for $50 or 1000/100 for about $85.

Speed is always reliably ~102 mbps downstream

I also have a penis the size of your underarm and I've probably slept with your sisters

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope Chris keeps the NPC's Bulk Apperception stats set to under 14 :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
45 minute developer let's play for a different space game. I'm not sure they understand how game development works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBF9t1REwsA

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Stay strong commando.

Sandweed posted:

Pretty sure this is Danish Vikings. Or Alt-Vikings as they like to be called.

I'd like to visit the majestic mountains of Denmark one day :v:

Also, Frontier are smashing it in that livestream

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

El Grillo posted:

Can someone post dreams.jpg/gif for me? Need it for another thread.
If there's some archive I don't know about which contains all the insane art and stuff that's come out of these threads please link too.

e: seeing as I'm here,

I don't think Elite is curbstomping anything except the sanity of the few remaining rational players.
And of course the nuts of the '84er grognards. But for those people that's what Elite is meant to be about; the masochism of subjecting yourself to hundreds of hours of endless meaningless boredom in the Void of gameplay.

(sorry friend this is the only version i have)

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

I really don't know what might happen at this point. I could see some shitpile being stitched together as the Minimum Viable Product, and then all the principals leave and a tangle of empty LLCs are all that's left to sue.

But I could also see them getting down to single-digit millions left in the bank account, firing 95% of staff, and going mostly dark -- but insisting "development is still going forward" as a way to dodge responsibility. Aim to drag things out as long as possible, so that lots of backers just forget about the whole thing.

Normal companies can't do the second option because they have debts that come due, and creditors have the ability to extract what's left even if they have to dissolve the company to do it. But CIG doesn't have normal loans and their backers aren't normal creditors.

Clearly they're incapable of doing even a fraction of what they've promised and even sold to people, which is why I'm skeptical of the Minimum Viable Product idea. There are an awful lot of $1000 jpegs that will have zero relationship to their advertised use in any MVP I can foresee coming together. All those drink mixers and science modules and wankcargo pods, none of that is gonna happen. So any plan to declare the game "finished" has to include a decent legal defense for why they didn't just squander the money.

When this all collapses and Chris disappears off the face of the earth along with what loot remains, everyone will think he's moved to the Cayman Islands and gotten himself a new toupee as disguise. But you know, with the community they've built up around this project, I kind of wonder if he'll actually end up being buried in a 40 gallon drum under a slab of concrete in some old Warsaw Pact country by a pissed-off Citizen :ohdear:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

what was that all about

CIG's pipeline hasn't produced as much for this thread recently so a noble goon stepped up to take their place and give us some entertainment in the meantime. Godspeed, intardnation :patriot:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

I never thought I'd say it but arfjason has a point. I don't agree with his definition of doxxing and I don't think that it's morally wrong to post a lot of the stuff that gets posted in this thread. But I do think it's bad content. Bad content should be discouraged, and people who endlessly spam bad content should get told to stop. Arf got repeat probations when he spammed the thread about doxxing. The guy that's spammed the thread with 15 pages of bad reddit screencaps should get the same. The guy who admitted to spamming shitizens on reddit should too.

Case in point:

Zzr posted:

So I thought that the best choice for Ben is a japanese toilet that can clean his rear end after he's done. The problem is that he can't clean it in the shower cause he can't reach it with his t-rex arms and the filth accumulate day after day.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AlternateAccount posted:

Full on no reservations recommended by this guy.

:same:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Exinos posted:

About the whole employees flipping jpegs on the grey market thing...

Wasn't there an employee years back, one of the times LTI was going away, that would let someone send them a ship and some cash, LTI token it, and send it back? Like, this was all happening on the official forums.

Seems like that would be a decent source to help support the theory and if they could get jpegs cheap enough on internal discount to make it worth the extra income.

Wasn't that one of the forum mods, and when anyone said "hey that looks maybe a bit dodgy" the thread/poster would get a short posting holiday courtesy of the same mod?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was the Russian mafia, though.

The way the Swedish mafia do it, is to buy ships through the store, then get the money back out by paying consulting fees/service charges/etc to themselves via one of the many many RSI subsidiaries that exist to shuffle the money around :sandance:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you buy a hamburger in any traditional Aussie takeaway, you're going to end up with a couple of slices of beetroot in it, staining everything else an unnatural magenta colour :barf:

Beetroots are the Devil's Tuber

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Isn't that a tautology? "Yeah, we've been doing this for over an hour. It's a real tradition."

I.. I can't really argue against this tbh :negative:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

MoMA, defends this scam
While his gun clips though his head
He's just scared the project's dead

Development has only just begun
Takes time to make a game that's Triple-A

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
faaaark... i suddenly have the urge to go get some garden hose fittings or paint brushes or some other random poo poo from bunnings now

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
civil meat on a piece of bread with fried onions and a splash of tomato sauce is the galaxys finest cuisine imho

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Regrettable posted:

He would get a hot dog. smh

He was inspired by the pictures of a sausage on a slice of bread from a few pages back

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gonna get me one of them jobs cleaning space windows in the BDSSE

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CIG are going to be raking in some sweet dollar once they licence their proprietary joystick devices to the US military for the next generations of fighter planes

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

Is this actually the reason? you pronounce it Me, as in, not you, I, or they, but me-thane?

That's how it's pronounced in Australia, at least :shrug:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't care what else gets cut, but Amazon better not be thinking about removing procedural birbs :colbert:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:ssh: the thread is more fun when it starts to run out-of-control with baseless speculation

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"A" is ok as far as palindromes go I guess but "SPAPASCAPAS" had some real potential and only needed an extra word or two.

SPAPASCSAPAPS

SPRAPASCSAPARPS

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

I didn't really talk about andromeda because I wasn't interested in it and it didn't have anything about it that really caught my eye, sorry I missed out on the chance to become part of the dastardly goon hivemind that was just conquered

another game will come along soon enough, spacefriend :glomp:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to take my spacegun to the range to zero in the sights for half an hour after I fit a new scope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Need to fit a new trigger assembly as well once my new logitech mouse arrives