Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Some posters put up a bunch of theorizing about that in the last thread. I think Derek did a longer write-up, but I doubt it made it to the blog. :allears: IIRC the consensus was that it is some sort of numerology thing with her, but also serves as a stupid HHGG reference in the old nerd shibboleth style.

I think it was a HHGG reference in the old nerd shibboleth style that someone at CIG convinced Sandi was a powerful numerologic integer and he's been enjoying the epic troll ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Tippis posted:

The real question is, how much does it cost per kilo to send something into orbit using the space shuttle. Would $140M be enough for, say, Ben?

using https://www.rocketbuilder.com it came to 130M for an earth escape shot in Q4 (Merry Christmas Ben!). It only cost that much because I just had to add "Full Spectrum" service.

e: I assumed Ben was about 500 lbs for this, so ymmv

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

aleksendr posted:

turned your "pirate factions" into Reavers erzats that kill for no reasons.
<slow clap>

This is how the shitizens see us so they are a perfect enemy for the honourable backer hero fantasy.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker
commando dumping ground design session discussion:

dev1: "do you think any players will find this bizarre land of twitching player models?"
dev2: "do you think Chris will find this bizarre land of twitching player models?"
dev1: "... ship it."

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Beet Wagon posted:

The green will be gone as soon as I remind the admins to remove it lol. April Fools.

no. we deserve this.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

MedicineHut posted:

Lol at loving Swofford also involved in the loving mess that is SoTA: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=26862

i'm kind of sad to see lum the mad on there because nostalgia. poo poo what has he actually done other than complain about UO

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

MinorInconvenience posted:

Oh, this is great stuff. AI perception based upon "speech, sight and sound." Awesome. I know some AI researchers who would love that tech!

Star Citizen will AI perception based on speech, sight, sound, touch, and especially smell. The most fidelitous AI perception.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Latin Pheonix posted:

Beet YES! This thread is at its best when it goes off the rails! It's not like there's anything to do until Citizencon (barring the evocati outright saying 3.0 is trash or CIG pulling another PR disaster).

Like there are actually any evocati that log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

wait.. so was he just... bumping into the planet while thinking it was so epically far away?