Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
had a conversation about star citizen today at work that was pretty depressing

i'm pretty sure i'm going to see that coworker on reddit later today wondering how to convert a non believer or how to fight derek smart lies because they got physically irritated when i brought up that it seems like a scam to me and i'll wait until there is something more than just a tech demo from a fps engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm the federal employee threatening to abuse my power on someone who says mean things about a video game I like.

You do know who the President Elect is right?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ManofManyAliases posted:

No. What I've maintained was that if we were to get an early bonus, we would get a few levels drop as full and polished, but not an entire game for alpha/beta testing. That will be for full release only.

Yeah man, I'm sure it'll be released.

Absolutely.

Released.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can i say as a person who has lived in portland that it isn't really sunny

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys need to lay off the tournament thing because I don't know a single tech company that doesn't do something eerily similar. I mean just last month we had a ping pong tournament and late last year we did a smash bros/sf5 tournament buy-in for extra life. Out of the laundry list of things we can sit back and laugh at CIG, this isn't really one of them.

Though our Foosball table isn't a 2 grand one but it's lasted years so who knows.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Did you buy a foosball table without ever producing anything though?

Hav posted:

Did you release anything in the past four years?

Well then.

Yeah true, but I've had coworkers leave for startups that haven't released anything and still have a ping pong table

We play Project M with the ganondorf mod and it's much better than anything Smash U has to offer :smug:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If he really wanted to be astronaut he wouldn't have joined the Army loving lmao

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D_Smart posted:

Where have you been? And did you not read my July blog in which I - basically said this - in no uncertain terms. Like back in July 2015. :argh:

I mean the game that the backers want exists in their loving imagination there is no way it will ever exist in reality

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hav posted:

Yes. I mean, I don't know, but it's ioT, so their security stack is node.js.

depends on the platform

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He's not wrong here dude. I know we are all usually making fun of things here, but Star Citizen was a successful kickstarter with successful crowdfunding and made the people involved a lot of money. It's a success in that context.

I mean that's what I would expect a normal person to say because holy cow it's made Chris and Sandi a poo poo ton of money they don't deserve. It won't be a successful game. It's going to be a wet fart travelling through space. If I could con people into paying off my student loans and not get in trouble for it I would have to have a serious morality check with myself.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

A success where the creators took the money and failed/reneged on their obligation/promise? Sounds like a scam to me!

it's all perspective man, if your goal was to just make a bunch of money and underdeliver then wooo boy what level of success are we talkin about here

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also derek if you wanna pay off my student loans i'll build you a robust IoT platform for LoD*

*i am not liable to actually build you an IoT platform

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I want this to be the thread title just to shame you for your dumb posting

let's say your post was a success in that context.

great success

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlmightyPants posted:

I saw a couple things regarding Beyond Good and Evil 2.

https://kotaku.com/what-beyond-good-evil-2-is-now-and-what-its-creators-1796116469 has a clip of really seamless surface to orbit looking stuff.

The second was watching Giant Bomb at Nite tonight and hearing them all trash the gently caress out of it. They said it's a tech demo for an incomplete game that's been delayed forever and compared it unfavorably to No Man's Sky. There was also some stuff about taking a picture of a pig and showing it to another pig and that second pig saying it knows the first pig, which sounds an awful lot like star citizen's supposed AI fantasy.

Giant Bomb at Night day 1 or 2 and staff or who was the guests? Gonna have to listen to this.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's totally 100% normal to put up everything in a company to get a loan

This is fine

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who is the modern day game developer rock star? I can't think of anyone who I would consider checking out a game based on their name alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Druckmann

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Taro

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goichi_Suda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima

Asema fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 5, 2017

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

Suda51 and Taro are more like indie band leaders.

I still love them equally

doingitwrong posted:

And the weirdo Japanese guy who wears a big mask?

This is Yoko Taro

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rez was literally just pushed to VR on the PC and it pretty much instantly joins Superhot and To The Top as must have VR games.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hellblade was real fun ya'll

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zest posted:

Posting from the past, but is Rez really a VR must buy? I feared it was just a crap port. If it's decent, I can see it being the absolute best mindfuck-fun roller coaster shooter ever >.>

*please convince me to buy this game that exists, as opposed to Star Citizen by Crobbles*

It's actually a really nice port on PC and the entire game is in VR and on-rails which is pretty cool and do-able and it's pretty loving D O P E.

And then they made a singular just for VR mode that is fantastic and blows it out of the water and it was like 20$ and is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QGWA7fM1SY

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokamak posted:

https://twitter.com/Dastro34/status/899048950434586633

The dark and messy room, and test setup is horrifying.

i know we are looking for reasons to make fun of people and while it may be dark it's very obvious that it's messy because of the making of the cosplay and not from years of neglect like a true neckbeard but whatever I guess

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"pre-show" and im just gonna watch giant bomb

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have never wanted a crash so hard in my life

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i almost threw up today in a meeting when the architect used the word 'fidelity'

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandweed posted:

I have a pair of HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

I really love them, they are comfortable and sound great.

these are super comfortable and fit on my dumb small head perfectly

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got the message it says "get a refund" a million times

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did this save Star Citizen?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf3t5p2XDAg

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MilesK posted:

Like, according to twitter he's been playing Animal Crossing.

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/937033816073314304

No way that low fidelity console bullshit is more fun than alpha 3.0

bonus:
https://twitter.com/LeonardSkinly/status/937047884775772161

can you be fat in animal crossing

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's even part of the contract that they can't switch engines, which neither of these two seem to grasp

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Othin posted:

This gif is tripping me out for a multitude of reasons including how/why is nothing else animated and is the finger shadow fake? It's art.

you save on file size if you only change certain parts of a gif, which is why only the fingers are animated because nothing else needs to change.

edit;

cat taxxe;

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey just a reminder to everybody that there are so many laws and there are so many practices that even if you are a lawyer who specializes in one area it doesn't automatically mean that you have a full understanding of another area of law

like for example if you specialize in copyright, you won't really fully understand international law or something like contract law on a gaming focus

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I'm the #fakenews and @cnn

I wonder what the overlap between being a MAGA chud and a US backer is.

it's a circle

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This is the saddest saddest saddest poo poo i've ever loving seen,and i once saw my next door neighbour throw her christmas tree out of the window and set it on fire in front of her screaming children on christmas day.

It gets worse dude. Check out the comments from all the idiots congratulating him and saying what a good job he's doing.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadowlyger posted:

So no one's going to tell him that 2012 to 2018 is 6 years?

Anthem's delayed to 2019

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don't think that cat likes what the person is doing. :(

when a bird doesn't like something they fluff up and get super defensive and sometimes walk back and forth to be intimidating. Birds who are sitting put and chilling usually are making the choice to so because they are comfortable.

As an owner of 3 birds let me tell you that they put up with a lot of my dumb bullshit and I 100% always know when they are done with putting up with said bullshit.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but one of my bird little does a backflip onto my desk and lays on their back and watches anime serious tv shows with me so idk

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
talkin about fake spaceships

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anything neat happen in the last 500 posts or are ya'll still just kinda slap fightin with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh my god something happen please