Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Contemplate this at on the Tree of Woe Lord Elric Fluffypants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek Smart literally cannot be right about Star Citizen

Star Citizen also cannot fail or be a commercial flop

Because,

And furthermore,

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
New Hitman looking good

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Randarkman posted:

I'm not sure just giving money to someone without getting a financial stake in their project counts as an investment.

"But we've been calling it an investment for over a month therefore "

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
imo people should donate towards conservation and anti-desertification causes to make the Middle East and Africa sustainable so you can all move there and make it free-er than America.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

So they only have 4 employees left out of the 12-15 that used to be in that area?

Who the hell is taking the photo?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Oh, sorry, lol, Sandi's pulling an all-nighter tonight in MARKETING

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EDIT: LOOK DOWN

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 2, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
LOL SORRY HERES THE REAL ONE

http://www.123rf.com/photo_14643700_best-price-guarantee.html

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How will reddit react?

Let's find out!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5rlzpw/best_price_guaranteed/

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Megabound posted:

I don't know how they'd get so cash strapped. I thought they said they had all the money they needed for the game.

Its an act of sabotage by someone on the inside.

-Cymelion

Seriously

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sandweed posted:

As a non native English speaker and non gun owning plz Explain what is wrong.

Handling is the right word.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also, that entire sign is dumb.

Why would you show a helmet? Eyes and ears are the important safety items, while helmet is secondary.

Why the hell does "trigger discipline" have a bullseye? Can your artist seriously not just draw a loving trigger gua... oh, right, they probably can't.

No food, drink, or drugs. *NOT SHOWN HERE*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

Sorry friend! As you can tell when I get into "Workd War 2 bomber mode" my office, made of aircraft stuff, becomes my B-52 and I just sometimes take it too far. Already thinking I should just replace my office door with a hatch from an old bomber too. I bet I can find the parts just laying around in a buddy's garage and have it cobbled together by volunteer employees. :clint:

World War 2

B-52

:doh:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Golli posted:

The best way to settle the speculation is to let the aggrieved party assert their rights.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like 123rf.com might want to pursue legal action against a company that is stealing their assets.

Even if CIG panics and buys the license for the images identified now, they have already made money from them by including them in product that is only available to paying customers (subscribers/avocados).

123rf would likely be entitled to search CIGs assets to determine what else they have misappropriated in order to calculate total true-up cost and penalties as part of any out of court settlement.

If it goes to court and CIG claims poverty, that would force financials into the light.

Oh yeah I sent them an email like 6 hours ago lol

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Beer4theBeerGod, wanted for industrial espionage...

AND INDUSTRIAL SABOTAGE!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Watermarking our territory

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

I'd like to know the thought process that leads to 'better load up 123rf and steal it' rather than 'better load up illustrator and make it' when faced with the admittedly huge task of creating a 'Best Price Guaranteed' graphic

The artist got sick of redoing the loving asset 50 times because Chris is an indecisive gently caress so the they just said gently caress it and grabbed the first thing they found

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

It's not really hard I made this since my last post, they can use this if they like, it is open source

This is literally why you don't understand game development.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wizard Master posted:

Who cares about some dumb computer game thread..... I have no life!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Please stop stalking this thread if you don't enjoy it, it's rather creepy.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It's the 'yad lads that want the thread closed. I just want Derek permaed because he's a piece of poo poo.

Making as much progress as Star Citizen so keep doing what you're doing I guess :shrug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Amarcarts posted:

I'm not in HR or in the videogame industry but I would never hire anyone who was dumb enough to go to work at CIG. As soon as I saw that on a resume it would go straight into the circular file. NEXT!

Harsh, some people need to put food on the table.

Someone who worked on Star Citizen and thought it would totally have worked had they only been given another million? That's the circular file.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Marketing less effective than Driv3r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOnyIt9_ic&t=685s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEQOv2g0JA

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
These fuckers keep making me change my venn diagram.

The BattleStar Galactica circle grows ever larger...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Chris Roberts wouldn't be as popular today if nerds and (d)weebs weren't super obsessed with cats.

Thread's taxxe is proof of concept.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: So Pledge We All

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Call of Dookie

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen: Releasing in 2014 since 2014!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yeah I mean people were pissed that nothing tangible existed yet but that's not because they were promised anything you know its because they didn't tell everyone "hey you might be doing this cool stuff in 2 years" and they only got money because they love chris roberts and not because it was a bullshot trailer meant to deceive and trick people into putting money in the project and I can say with 100% confidence that its not a scam and that everyone KNEW that the project was late but they were okay with it despite not being okay with it because everyone was pissed and furthermore

;-)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
;-)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You see, I'm a cool and good poster and my point stands and you can't refute anything I've ever said ever because

;-)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek Smarts a dinosaur compared to kids these days on the internet and hes been spewing his garbage games and lies all over said internet for decades and lying to people and generally warlordin it up and being a oval office BUT HE SAID A BAD THING ABOUT STAR CITIZEN? gently caress YOU LETS "ARCHIVE" EVERYTHING HE POSTS as long as it only ever relates to Star Citizen lets not get crazy and archive his progress reports on his own game or any of that other crap

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

I wonder what they will name their language?

Leyitespiewck

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm not bodyshaming but that lighting sure is, it gives the impression of sagging from the top rib

Good, I'm not the only one.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CrazyTolradi posted:

US internet is really hit and mess I've been told, largely because of how the various providers agree not to compete in areas and just provide whatever they want for a lovely price.

Meanwhile, in Canada, everyone offers the same thing at the same price. (This is not as good as it sounds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is it still crowdsourcing funding when you sourced your crowd 5 years ago and there's no significant growth in playerbase since?