Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, that was a masterstroke.

Ever had opportunities to tell a loved one about bizarre poo poo that this dumpster fire produced? Yet realize around five minutes into the conversation it would take another 20 hours of background stories to get them up to speed?

That is what I find the most sickening and heartbreaking truth.

All the time. I've given up trying to do so because it's akin to having to explain the punchline to a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I've included a finely crafted jpeg to highlight my point

That's some high fidelitous jpeging right there. Here's :10bux: . Sorry I'm not a whale with more money than sense or it would be 30x that.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 4, 2016

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
If cig were smart, which we know they're not, they would have made SM in a vanilla build of cryengine and ran it in a separate executable so that the gameplay would be at least halfway decent for an fps. We all know they are doing this for show and have no intention of merging the SM codebase into that of SC proper. Should have just made a literal cryengine mod with your imported assets.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

SirPhoebos posted:

Is 2.6 out yet?

A thing is out. They put "2.6" on the label. It is buggy af and is missing most of the previously promised features for what they have been calling 2.6 for months now.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Erenthal posted:

No you see CIG already told us that the operating costs of the big most powerful ships will be so massive when it comes to fuel, ammo, crew, rations and so on that players will only use these ships when absolutely necessary and then only when in huge organisations.

Yeah, it's hilarious how shitizens bought that load. I will literally lmao at shitizens when the reality hits them that these things "operating costs" are minimal inconveniences at worst, just like they are in E:D.

Hell, I can't wait to laugh at them when crobbles anounces that they new and improved netcode is peer-2-peer instancing just like E:D.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 29, 2016

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

The Titanic posted:

A: "The cost of this ship is bullshit, I'm not playing this poo poo game for 200 hours before I can upgrade my Aurora to a 300i or Freelancer or something."

B: "This is bullshit and I want a refund now because I spent $x on this ship somebody can earn in 5 hours of playing!"

This is exactly right. The way I see it, the only right answer to continue the revenue stream is to not have ships be sold for in-game currency. Continue ship sales for real cash as the sole means of acquiring new ships.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

TontoCorazon posted:

Can someone explain to me why there's so many people so excited for this game when it took 6 years just to get to an almost useless alpha. It really shouldn't take a company 6 years just to get to early alpha.

Also the fps part looks loving awful.

Lol, 6 years? Development started 3 hours ago so they're right on schedule compared to every triple A game ever made.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Colostomy Bag posted:

Any one want to shoot hoops on my Starfarer?

Does the ball clip through the backboard?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Fatkraken posted:

I daresay he's being paid either way.

Payment in jpgs?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

The Titanic posted:

As promised! lovely programmer art incoming.

Fanfuckingtastic!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Rudager posted:

So what are the 300 employees working on if no-one knows what the next step is yet?

- Playing solitare/minesweeper/tetris
- Refactoring artwork for a leather bomber jacket that crobbles spent the previous days work yelling at you about
- updating your linkedin profile
- posting on facebook
- starting up a fake news/blog site for the sole purpose of promoting SC in a very obvious astroturf manner.
- facebook
- facebook
- reading FYAD because your batshit crazy boss makes those fuckers look like intelligent, well adjusted, functioning adults
- contemplating asking for a refund of the past 4 years of your professional life
- 3 hour lunch breaks
- taking Ben to the all-you-can-eat korean bbq buffet and being cut off by the manager.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Xaerael posted:

The Nazis win, Chewbacca howls in Wookie rage and sorrow.

Good. The nazis need more carpets anyways.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sillybones posted:

Blowing millions is probably a blast, if you think about it.

Blowing millions in other people's money is even better

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Ghostlight posted:

If Star Citizen fails then the powerful crowdfunding industry will lobby every government ever to erode consumer rights laws so that the right to lose your money to incompetence is preserved.

Will they start a kickstarter to pay for the lobbyist?

No takebacksies!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

AP posted:

Squadron 42 Spoiler, ferocious Alien Cavalry.

But does the hobby horse have a wooden dick?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

happyhippy posted:

To which Commando Fatneck replies:

Ya know, if CIG released a game that was half as good as Elite, shitizens would jizz their pants in an eruption of euphoric nerdgasm. They can rail against elite all they want but they god drat well know they'd take an elite clone with the star citizen logo slapped on it and swear it was the best game that will ever be made.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
May have got the refund, but it's still fun to watch the train wreck.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Elite 2.3 patch has more features that cig would kick literal kittens in order to have functional in their game tech demo smoke and mirrors dreams. And elite is a game you can play, right now, for a reasonable price. And you don't even have to t-pose glitch yourself into our 'tism chariots.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

ED with it's :airquote:features:airquote: and :airquote:gameplay:airquote: are all well and good but any sperg worth his salt knows that it's pretty jpg ships that make the game. Gameplay gets boring after awhile but jpgs last forever.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Daztek posted:

http://weekender.pcgamer.com/whats-on/developer-stage

Fun and engaging gameplay, something CIG is very good at

But will they have another ship sale?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

nawledgelambo posted:

so since we're on the topic of refunds and that whole data collection that bit CIG in the rear end, I figure now would be a good time tell everyone that a source tells me that if you have gotten/requested a refund, you are essentially blacklisted, and purchasing a ship in the future may be problematic if the game ever comes out (lol)

Yeah, Best Buy blacklisted me too when I returned a TV to them 6 years ago and now I'm barred from ever setting foot on the premises.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

nawledgelambo posted:

the difference being Best Buy is an actual company that sells products, and hasn't been found to collect data based on customer interactions

Well, there's that :smugndar:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pretty sure that the sense of "pledge" as "promised donation to an organization" is the one that would be relevant. "I pledged $1,000 to my church's annual fund drive" and so on. Now, I think they'd utterly fail to show that money given to Star Citizen was a pledge in that sense, especially given the precedent to date, but it has nothing to do with pawn shops.

The point of a charitable pledge is that the pledger expects nothing in return. It is ridiculous for Crobblers and crew to try to argue that buying jpgs is a charitable pledge.

CIG also isn't legally classified as a charitable organization like a church or one of those groups that gives food to starving kids. Thus, they probably can't even accept donations. And furthermore, where's my IRS paperwork showing the tax deduction for this so-called donation?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Mr.PayDay posted:

Great analogy. The cake is a lie. So is Star Citizen :golfclap:

:five::five::five:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I finally took a break from playing Elite, an actual spaceship game, to go and get my money back from the crobblits.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Daztek posted:

Time to buy all the pretty elite ship paint jobs

They deserve it more than cig

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Tarquinn posted:

Well, to be fair, nothing compares to Star Citizen when it comes to vision. You can do anything in StarCitizen. Anything at all. The only limit is yourself. Welcome ... to StarCitzen. You can do ... anything in StarCitizen. The infinite is possible in StarCitizen. The unattainable is unknown in StarCitizen.

You can also have sex with your spaceship.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Star Citizen will be at Pax East right? Will I get to meet Sandi? I vaguely remember her being at the booth a few years ago when we still had hope

I went to pax last year and sc was no where to be found. Doubt they'll be there this time around. They have pretty much written off trade shows other than gamescom (because the Germans have a rockin hard on for croberts). Seeing as how they have a propensity to back out of commitments at the last moment, I doubt they'll ever do another show in the states that they don't directly control like citcon until they have a legit game to show (so never).

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

D_Smart posted:

So who caught today's AtV? FF to 8:28

https://youtu.be/c_v-hMu_h5s?t=8m28s

I haven't stopped laughing.

ps: There's another sale coming. I guess they're going to keep on doing sales until funding improves. Definitely don't need the money though.

They have hundreds of animations but still zero mechanics to make even a simplified game loop. Totes not a scam, nosiree!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

First thing he says is "we know..." No, you don't actually know poo poo because none of this is in the gametech demo.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

:pedo: Show me on the doll where the bad goon touched you

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Warhawk109 posted:

Just got put on probation on RSI for my "pending refund request." I can't even access my account now.

Is this normal? Or was it because I was shitposting?

Edit: now I can access my account. It was weird cuz I was logged in on iOS, and then I was abruptly signed out. Had to get on my PC to figure out what happened.

Yes, it's normal.

If you have access to your account, screenshot any info pertaining to the transactions of your pledgesorders. If they haven't already, they will ask you questions regarding dates and amounts to "verify" that you're actually you that is requesting the refund, as opposed to someone who hacked your account to request a refund. Because, lol, that has actually happened.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Daztek posted:

Hmm, I wonder how far along they are with cargo!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5zz795/will_maiden_on_spectrum_unplanned_qa_about_cargo/

http://imgur.com/3RFA2I1

"could be" "want to" "we're looking at"

:allears:

"i'm writing the smuggling design next"

:allears:

So basically it's going to be just like elite dangerous. Gotcha.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Space Crabs posted:

actually r/dereksmart is all goons that are just pretending to be really stupid stalkers to make star citizen look bad. It's part of Operation Ditzkreig but I've already said too much.

If only goons were that smart

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Because all the sc ships with airplane wings were totally designed with functionality in mind. Uh huh.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

big nipples big life posted:

lmao, that's some loving nerve right there
The crowd funding campaign was a success. The actual making of a game, not so much.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Also, finally caught up with the thread again. It's nice to see that after 5 years CIG seem to have actually begun development. Here's to another $140m to get them to a functional alpha.

Welp, now it's official, development didn't really begin until March 17, 2017. So everything is right on schedule.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
So if all of these whales are "holding back" money until 3.0, and this is their big stand to hold cig "accountable," what happens if the cribblors shits out a patch next month and calls it 3.0? Having none of the features promised for 3.0, and largely unchanged from the current 2.x, will the whales blow their loads all over cribblits exclaiming how awesome the whole thing is? Will they give the con man more money without an honest evaluation of what they're actually getting? And if he doesn't deliver, how many of them will actually follow through and stop throwing money on the dumpster fire in protest? I'm guessing not a one of them. They'll find a way to rationalize that it's "good enough" and that cig is "showing good progress" and justify spending more money on jpegs.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sappo569 posted:

I can't wait to see Ben mocapping a space fighter pilot

I want to see the fidelity in the center-of-mass calculation where the fighter becomes unstable with a ben sized pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

StarbloodKiss posted:

Just wanted to mention that I got my refund. $2515.

It was pretty easy. Just told them I wanted a refund, answered their questions to verify my identity (didn't have to show ID), and got my refund. It took about a week. They did close my account though, but eh.

Nicely done!