Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I would have thought the same about SQ42 a year ago, I really didn't think they'd have another year without major uproar

They did get pretty drat pissed over that sale some weeks ago. "Muh autistwagon cost me more than that!"

But then they shoved that boring Star Marine footage (I think it was? These names, man, only a shitizen can truly keep up) and all was good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

moveable shape posted:

Oh, that clears up my concerns. This guy is the only person with a trace of charisma cig drags in front of a camera, and he appeared immediately after Escapaist called Sandi a racist/pubist

Wow...I mean...really? Had he never been on screen before that?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tippis posted:

For some more comparison, I'm trekking out to a far remote outpost in Elite, and from there to the centre of the galaxy where I'll putter around for a bit. If I get a session in every day, I expect to reach the station some time around New Year's Eve, and be back in regular inhabited space by February…

I've played very infrequently for sure, but I haven't been in populated space since May I think. I went out to the "Statue of Liberty" nebulae and from there chugged my way towards Sagittarius A.

Elite is stupid big. And actually beautiful. It's basically my podcast screensaver.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Zzr posted:

What ? Greeks, romans, egyptians and all pre-monotheism cultures wouldn't aggree. It's only with the coming of the only one that sexuality went to man + woman and nothing else. Polytehism's folks lived a happy sexual life with everyone. These last 2k years of dark age are a parenthesis.

Weeeell this is sort of true, but lest we forget that homophobic slandering was very common in roman politics, so clearly there were some notions that homosexuality wasn't the most honourable thing a good citizen should dabble with.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The cyberarcheologists of the future will have a hard nut to crack with these threads.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

DapperDon posted:

And we will still have this thread talking about Star Citizen not being released yet.

Which contaminates their findings, making it all for naught.

Just like Star Citizen.

(They will find references to a budget of hundreds of millions but assume there is some error in interpretation, surely that can't be true?)

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 12, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I loving lost it. Surprise-Sandi is hilarious and horrible at the same time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I really, reaaaaally don't like to harp on the looks of others, it's really not my place to do so, but a former co-worker had that same deadpan stare and it freaks me the gently caress out.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Look what I found on 9gag!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I laugh every time I see this.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It took Amazon a stupid amount of time before they started making profits, right? I guess they have the experience of stubbornly working towards that payday...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Why didn't they announce and talk about this at that livestream disaster? It'd give them something of substance to talk about, at the very least. A newsletter? Right before Christmas? Seems odd to me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Cat death is the worst. Safe travels, Cosmo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sillybones posted:

I'm so sorry. I have no idea.

So we've already peaked?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Great, now I laughed awkwardly on the train. Thanks for that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What the everloving gently caress?!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I've seen worse. Saw a Battlefield 3 tattoo once. I mean, skip the 3 and it's just kinda silly, not downright stupid.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

He must know how sad he is, right?

Jürgen knows. He knows most things.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 14, 2017

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

You know, my life wasn't that bad after all.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tokamak posted:

I thought citizens held a grudge against PC Gamer for unfair and biased coverage.

At this rate they'll soon hold a grudge against reality for unfair and biased existence.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Chat is disabled for this stream. Oh shoot.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gotta say, that jump animation was kinda neat.

Good CIG, totally worth the 155+ million dollars.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I know that when I play a game with friends I want to spend 2 minutes pointlessly entering the car one at a time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

You fatherfucking idiots, shooting ahead of a target makes for cool visuals but NOT IF YOU*RE SHOWING IT FROM THE SHOOTER

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This mod for Battlefield 2 is actually pretty impressive.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

He clearly wanted a cheer after "first time we've had gameplay with capital ship"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My favorite thing of last night was when they were "ambushed" on the planet and the enemy ship was shooting like wayyy ahead of them, which might be a cool chaotic visual if seen from the rover, but they kept cutting to the enemy pilot and it made him look like the biggest doofus ever.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Battlefield games aren't really meant to be superrealistic, more like a vaguely history flavored fps. I say this as someone with a history degree.

Everyone huddling in trenches hoping not to get blown up and occasionally getting mown down by machine guns isn't really fun gameplay. I like what they did with it though.

Agree with this. Authenticity is only really relevant if the developers make a claim that they strive for a realistic interpretation of WWI (DICE hasn't) OR if the subject is of such a politicially controversial nature that any deviation from the truth would be incredibly ill advised. Like, DICE knew better than to bring in the Armenian genocide into the mix, since it wouldn't add any improvements to the experience. Prototype guns barely ever used can do just that, though!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Golli posted:

The Forever War by Joe Haldeman takes a pretty decent stab at what interstellar war looks like from an individual soldier's perspective, with the implications of relativistic time dilation.

The thing is, space is so big that even if you invent FTL travel, the amount of time it takes to go anywhere outside the immediate neighborhood is long enough that by the time you engage in battle, the people you were fighting for are dead of old age.

The Hitchhiker’s Guide series also dabble in this, where they describe big battlefleets arrive and start wreaking havoc, eons after the conflicts they were sent to fight in were wrapped up. Then they invented time travel, and battles started erupting for wars that hadn’t even started yet.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Seen it twice and I really like it. There’s a lot more substance than it was in TFA. Some bits were less than great, and some bits were downright stupid. But I’m the end I really enjoyed it. I grew up on the SE-97 versions of the OT and prefer them over the original cuts though, so clearly I’m insane when you ask most SW puritans.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The major FPS drop in the moving elevator is the most exciting part so far.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

Lieutenant

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lieutenant

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Inkel posted:

Why is this guy explaining basic ship functions?

More importantly, why doesn't he just spazz out Lieutenant?

Lieutenant?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Let's-players will lose their minds.
Indie-developers will toast all night.
Everybody will love this game.
Underwhelmed? You're clearly crazy.
Totally worth all that money.
Entertaining as gently caress!
Nothing can beat this riveting dialouge.
Anybody can join! Sign up now!
Next time, we'll be sure to see even MORE hallways.
This is not a joke.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

WE HAVE MOP REPEAT THE MOP HAS LANDED

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

When you're showcasing your SP-FPS action game for the first time, make sure to show absolutely no action whatsoever.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

hang on gotta take some wicked pics with my Ipad lol

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

DRAMATIC ZOOM TO CLOSET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014