Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I swear I had the only MX518 that wasn't bulletproof. Mine crapped out after a year or so. The logitech mmo mouse is good though, for sure. It's very large and I didn't like the third mouse button they put under your pinky, but I loved that mouse. Mine recently died and I got the Corsair one, I think it's called the Scimitar. It's a bit smaller, but it's nice because the number pad on the side can be moved backward or forward and then locked in place so you can put the thumb buttons exactly where you want them. The only downside is it uses Corsair's CUE program to control the lighting and buttons and junk, but CUE is getting better and since I have a Corsair headset I already use it anyway, so it's nice to be able to control all my peripherals from one window.

It's extra handy for doing multicrew in Star Citizen because I can macro commands to my thumb buttons and have different macros for each mouse mode - one for doing scanning, one for C&C, one for working the main weapons control, one for ahahahaha just kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The trackball on the star citizen HOTAS of course

Simple.

Elegant.

Functional.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I really like my Corsair wireless headset, but that might just be because I have a lumpy and misshapen head or something.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I finally started playing Fallout 4 and I only just now realized I totally hosed up by not making Crobberts or Gary Parpman when I was in the character creator.

poo poo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

See, I think this whole thing was rigged. All the little loser non-posters bribed the mods to close the old thread so they could see their name in lights and not try to top the hours and hours of hard hard work by top tier shitposters like myself. Well, all I can say is enjoy it while it lasts, because Samizdata is here to gently caress you up and sit soundly in the middle of the pack, asshats!

It was collusion I tell you! Except this new thread means I'm probably gonna lose my spot in the top five haha. Kayak is gonna be so disappointed in me!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffyhawk posted:

Will CIG ever release that SQ42 demo they failed to deliver for CitCon that they made some dumb apology documentary video for? How long has it been now? Did they just give up and brush it under the rug?

What does your heart tell you?

In six months when people are going "Hey where the gently caress is that SQ42 demo you promised?" Chris is going to go on a 20 minute rambling tirade about how he knows one of his problems is being a perfectionist but damnit development changes all the time and now they're rolling it into such and such feature which should be out in six months and/or is already in the game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If we're posting greatest hits, the SPACEDOOR should probably go up.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

aleksendr posted:

Who the gently caress design a reactor with control rods you have to lift between the fuel rods ? This is ''Unshielded Deathstar ventilation port'' level of stupidity.

I feel like the obvious answer is Chris Roberts...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

They kept your account open? They usually get all angry and stompy and close refunders accounts, mature company that they are. :)

Yeah but they're poo poo at that too. My account stayed open and accessible for like a week after I got my refund. I had to email CS again and be like "Hey dudes I can still log in and still have all my ships and poo poo, y'all might want to fix that."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"Oh neat CIG has new weapon artwork out, I wonder what creative and practical designs they've come up with..."

"Hmm, that's actually not bad looking, aside from being really front-heavy. Something about that seems familiar though, I wonder where I've seen that befo-"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr.PayDay posted:

Come on Beet, just think....why would they build the SC Verse with OWN or unique ideas when they don't spend their OWN money in the first place? :xd:

That's... actually a depressingly good point.

PhallicPhalanges posted:

What is all that poo poo under the barrel supposed to be?

Plasma stuff? For doing... plasma stuff, I guess.

Unless you mean the titanfall gun, in which case I think it's to hold a grenade launcher really far forward for some reason.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wrecked Angle posted:

Sorry, I'm gonna have to disagree on that one, they aren't that similar.

You could make the case for almost every modern gun being derived from some previous model. There's only so many ways you can configure and style some handles, a barrel and a trigger.

Of course, whether you would want to go for a '21st century assault rifle' aesthetic in you space game set nearly 1000 years into the future is another matter.

Given what I know about CIG, I refuse to see the 45 degree swept back combination magazine-feed and forward grip as coincidental. Obviously there's only so many shapes you can do for the front bit of a gun, and the buttstock looks as unique as any other CIG guns, but that magazine area seems a little on the nose for it to be a coincidence.

e:fb

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Look at all the empty space around the trigger guard. You have this weird notch above the grip itself, and then in front of the trigger you have another completely enclosed but empty space. Is the grip a safety? Is the trigger some kind of sensor that has no mechanical linkage to the rest of the gun? Why have that superfluous spar from the stock to the grip? The only reason people do that in real life is so that you can purchase the gun in places that ban pistol grips.

This might be the cynic in me, but I think the extra greeblie thing on the trigger guard was purposefully put there to differentiate it from the titanfall weapon. The Titanfall rifle just has a bug extended trigger guard to eat up the space that you need between it and the magazine feed for the 45 degree tilt to look right, and I think CIG wedged a bunch of extra spars in there to eat up that space because without them it would look drat near identical.

e: identical in terms of silhouette, not necessarily overall.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Godmode Enabled posted:

I had this ship and refunded it a while ago after we figured out this game prob wasn't going to be a thing. Its about what I was expecting. A space train with lots of Storage to move sex bots to SC bunny mans pleasure emporium space parts to other systems. Its looks pretty close (better) than the original concept.

Edit: I did like the massive gun in the concept though
Edit2: Was also hoping I could hide a massive planet destroyer gun in the hull :allears:

Man I really wanted one of those things back in the day. It was one of their first concepts that looked like an actual cool future spaceship, and those big gunsparking sensors on the front looked cool. But After the Retaliator came out I figured it was probably a bad idea to buy anything based on a concept ever again, and then shortly after that I figured out it was a bad idea to buy anything from CIG ever again.

I still remember all the threads on reddit and the main forums speculating about what the big stabby things on the front did and what exactly CIG meant when they said that it would have two "dummy" engines because holy poo poo that is a dumb idea haha. This time it at least looks like they managed to get it pretty close to the concept, so I'll grant them that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's pretty funny how we've become comic book supervillains to those guys. Part of me feels obligated to correct the narrative, but on the other hand letting people like Cymelion believe that we have some kind of master plan to get all the citizens to refund is probably the funnier option.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Natron posted:

The idea that people who got their refunds will be incredibly pissed if the game comes out and is good is so loving bizarre.

If you were in for $3000 and got a complete refund, and then two years later the game comes out, CIG will still gladly take your sixty space-bucks. A business isn't going to refuse your money. They're going to want you to pay your money, get into the game, and then spend some more money on other idiotic micro/macro-transactions. And even if they did, all it would take to circumvent their policy is a different credit card and maybe a new e-mail address.

You take your 3 grand out, then pay them 60 bucks once the thing you asked for is done for a net gain of $2940. Why would anyone be mad about that arrangement?

Somewhere in that comment chain one of those morons postulates that refunders would be too scared to sign back up with their original name, as though there's some overwhelming shame (or fear of being on one of their "kill on sight" lists haha) that would stop me or anyone else from playing a videogame with the name they use everywhere else. If anything, should the game come out I'm going to be blasting threadmemes into chat while I ram my stupid little shitbox into their $890.00 dream.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I mean hell, Elite has been battling the PVP salt for how long now? Half the playerbase refuses to play in "online" mode for fear of getting griefed, and they don't even have the nifty feature of being able to run around and shoot guns at each other. There's a huge disconnect with the Citizens who all like to shout that goons demanded refunds because CIG wouldn't let them turn the game into an EVE-style greifing paradise, because even as it stands now Star Citizen is far more conducive to greifing than almost any other game out there, and in fact that's the only fun thing to do in the game.

The idea that if/when I buy back in I'm gonna be too scared to register as BEETWAGONTHEKNOWNGOON for fear of griefing or Citizen blowback or whatever is so loving silly I'm not sure how they can honestly entertain it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

BTW heres actual Star Marine footage. I swear its not a vid of my Knee hair

https://vid.me/bZ5x

The gun sights bug out, its a little laggy, and more importantly its literally impossible to kill the dude sniping (a one shot gun) and camping the flag you have to stand still at for ten+ seconds. People tried but could barely ding him.

I'm the man with the binoculars permanently strapped to his loving face. God drat those stupid visor outlines get worse every time I see them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

So what you're saying is that in a way you were both right, and therefore both wrong, and I should just ban everyone?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

"Sure, you're Evocati, but are you Dodecatuple Secret Evocati? :smuggo:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr Fronts posted:

I was sure this was shopped, but no. It's real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC_XUn_BF7k&t=153s

That's creative genius, right there. Hats off to whoever slipped that label into the model.

Wow, that thing turns pretty good for a ship that's supposed to be a massive freight hauler. Almost like the physics are totally hosed or something...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

We get it. We know your a mod. No need to wag your dick around.

lmao come on now. not all of us are as brave as SurfaceDetail.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It seems like smug MoMA has been replaced by angry MoMA...

I liked smug MoMA better TBH.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's a shame I actually have work to do today and can't just follow him around spamming links to /r/starcitizen_leaks and making him angrier.

E: leaks, not refunds.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol what flight model?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

the day er dova manages to ignore someone is the day i buy a lotto ticket

Er_Dova has put me on ignore at least twice now, and that's not counting all of the copycat accounts I followed him around with that one week.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm so glad they're making the Cutlass into a Tonka-toy version of its old lovely self. This will definitely stop the legions of whiners who were sold one thing but got another.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Is that a ship that's already made ? Or is it brand new ?

Cause either way it looks like total rear end

e: links and dates

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

Im the turret that shoots your own engines in a significant percentage of its FOV.

In the initial renders of the Retaliator the two rear turrets couldn't swivel 360 degrees without clipping through the giant vision-obscuring tailfins, not to mention the chin turret that had engine pods totally blocking it on both the left and right sides lol

God that ship was a disaster.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where is this from?

I don't know what the Cutlass did to deserve all of this but I'm loving glad I sold mine.

Sandi's facebook, I believe.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If it hadn't been for Citizen Dough
I'd been made a long time ago
Where did you come from, where did you go?
Where did you come from, Citizen Dough?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/SeanNoonan/status/804835495171817472

Have you tried... making something good? If CIG put out something legitimately good and fun I'd play it in a heartbeat.

I am programmed for more than just hate.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chalks posted:

CIG have a large number of very talented 3d artists. The idea that they could produce a functional FPS in an engine that is entirely focused on FPS games, so much that the literal "getting started" tutorial for it shows you how to create a functional FPS was never very far fetched.

The fact that they've taken 4 years to produce an FPS using an FPS engine is purely a testament to how badly they've hosed the engine up with their hacking. It's insane to think that I could download CryEngine today and have a functioning FPS game by just following the tutorials but they still can't get this poo poo out of closed alpha testing after over 4 years of work.

Exactly. Nobody ever said "They can't make Star Marine" but for over a year now people have been wondering "Okay so where the gently caress is it?" and the unceremonious dumping out of what appears to be a shoddily built small-team fps game isn't exactly the triumphant victory everyone thinks it is.

Okay, so they finally made Star Marine. Good. Now why did it take so long and why does it look like hot cat poo poo?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

I'll read all these 10000 word long posts later. in the mean time, I want to remind everyone to call or visit their parents wherever possible. They raised you with love and care and would like to hear about the things you're getting up to in life

Please consider updating the wording of your message in between posts, friend. It feels less authentic reading the same boilerplate reminder the second time around.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mordred posted:

It's not really that amazing, considering you:
1) are the one who consistently lie
2) insult and flame everyone who disproves your ramblings with facts
3) call everyone who disagree with you shills and/or liars

:eyepop: whoa look at the shills on that guy

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I.N.R.I posted:

I personally feel that it seems inefficient to reword the same sentiment again and again

That may be, but perhaps recapturing the interest of your audience is worth the effort. If people see the same message over and over again they may start to ignore it, and their parents might go un-called. :ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

So the :reddit: Sherlocks have deduced that I.N.R.I. is one of Dereks lackeys and simultaniously Derek himself on an alt account.

If you ever wanted proof of their intellectual fortitude, there it is.

I for one am glad that /u/themustangsally is carrying forth INRI's message of love and family-calling to the huddled masses of reddit.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

But adding gay dudes is a slippery slope to 63 genders!

That's only 6 away from the funny sex number!!!

In the future all games will just be Second Life

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

You'd be surprised maybe. Though really not too many. It's just curiosity. Hearing from the horses mouth is like affirmation of what they probably think. And I think the ones who ask are just either secretly kinky, interested in it but don't want to admit it to themselves, setting you up for the "well you just never had a good man (like me)", or just being rude to set you up with a "well that sounds just wrong and gross." in front of people to make you feel good and happy.

This is way the hell off of Star Citizen now. We're in bat country now! :cheers:

People are generally terrible, and have no sense of "This might be a weird/creepy/not okay thing to ask someone" in my experience. I like to think a lot of them just don't know that it maybe isn't something you should care/ask about because the alternative is way sadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

I feel at this point in the thread, it is my duty as an user of the internets to say:

I can fap to this. :flashfap:

(Purely out of internet tradition though, I'm not actually polishing one up)

You've done it. You've killed this dead gay thread with that terrible post.