Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
it helps us compile faster ahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
INTELCON

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
ahaha intel guy is back again lol

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
is crobber doing black light theater

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I find it better to refer to them as testes

Adeptus Testiculum

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
0.9 mils

ELE is here

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

EightAce posted:

...death by a thousand Coutts , incoming :(

second coming of crobber

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
In Stock

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Virtual Captain posted:

So Star Citizen is no longer a space game I guess.

Why is Dave even in the room, I skipped around and he never says anything. Chris really needed that moral support!?

Maybe he has a profanity buzzer or something

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
One thing I don't understand why instead of fantasizing about SC all these people don't just play ANY kind of RPG system with space in it. Hell, GURPS Space would do, you could have all those cool adventures and poo poo and negligible cost, with a ton of fun.

Maybe it's because you have to interact with actual people or something

also:

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Hello thread, how are you.

So I'm less a participant and more an occasional voice of information.

The short term stuff is funny, but the long term stuff is what tickles me. Especially in the sense of calling it. It's a thing we do.

So in that spirit, I want to share thoughts about what's going to happen ITYOOL 2018:

1) Ben and Alexis are out: A Great Purge of staff has been calculated since two years ago, but I believe that Ben leaving SCAA, and the iffy reception of the Pioneer/Land sales, Ben has run out of time. Not even as an archivist. Ben has long since served his purpose. It will be announced "due to health reasons" that Ben will leave. Alexis will also "leave", in the sense of "we never wanted you". A severance package is given with a long NDA, probably 6 figures. They probably move back to Austin, where Ben can do more archiving of the WC material at UT Austin. I have bleaker visions of their 20 year future, it makes me sad a bit. I want to say nicer things, but Ben if you can read this, I heard enough.

2) SC inversely folds into SQ42: The big rumor is that SQ42 would be the thing to fold, but I think the opposite will happen. The promised mechanics of SC will instead be folded into the "episodic" campaign of SQ42. Mining, salvage, and land claiming will be parts of the SQ42 story, but only in the context of the story rather than any free will ability. Think Mass Effect: Andromeda.

3) Tony Z is out: I don't think Tony Z can survive another year. Austin is sadly an anemic husk of what once was the heartbeat of development 4 years ago, and Austin is the studio least producing marketable content. It'll either be a "It was a wild ride but family/issues need me to jet" or a very very quick "we wish Tony Z well OH LOOK AT THIS SNEAK PEEK". Tony, go back to day trading. There's less chance to get dispositioned doing that.

4) Racist Japanese Space Turtle Language Time Dies in Spring: No one gives a flying gently caress, and a talking head costs money.

5) People are really disappointed by Sunk Cost Galaxy, but still prefer it to reading Derek's blogs which strangely will have more actual info but gently caress if anyone can be bothered to read it. SCG gets a mention on Kotaku and RPS, Polygon and PCGamer summarize like they knew all along. Eurogamer retro plays Wing Commander 3 and has epiphany.

And for the completely wild left field outta nowhere ballsy prediction I'm sure won't happen but fuckit I'm betting red this time...

6) The Next Great Designer: Remember TNGS? It's like that except SC cultists compete for the best design idea for SC. Winner gets a job offer as an assistant producer in LA (because gently caress your CoL that's why) to lead a team to implement their feature. Pirate Rape, Feces Sanitation, Needless Bureaucracy, and Machinima divas on full display. Winning feature? You must have a Platinum PTTTHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPPit's just another ship gently caress you surprise

this is a good post

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Eldragon posted:

As far as I'm concerned they are both starship troopers.

There are some unique space-marine art styles out there, but few games deviate from the Heinlein archetype.

We'rent the actual starship troopers jumping into hives alone from orbit and obliterating everything? I remember it was a major gripe I had with the film where they show them as cannon meat. They were more like mobile suits than just body armour.

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

tuo posted:

The stuff on those two pics is not too far away from what I spent my disposable income on. I see you got a copy of M.A.X. there...imo that is one of the most underappreciated games ever

e: also heavy gear was quite good in the Mechwarrior-but-not-mechwarrior-thing, but I also see you have Terra Nova there...that game was so awesome and seeing it in there tells me I have to relive that thing again....that second to last mission was so loving hard and awesome...

Heavy Gear! One of my first mp's with direct connection over the phone. That poo poo was fun

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Michael? Is that you?

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

I know where he got this idea. Crobber watched Star Trek 4 and demanded tanks for the whales.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Didn't he literally tear the thing in half at one point, and it just kept living and murdering his fish?

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/advanced-topics/84173-bobbit-worm-chronicles.html

:stonk: