Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Is this the new thread? Seems like it probably is. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Citizen: Delayed slightly due to illness

Also, who in their right mind would plan to release a product (sqlude) before work is finished on fundamental game code (3.0)?

It's like launching a cruise liner from a dock and expecting it to make a maiden voyage before the engineers have actually made the hull.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 3, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ArcaneLayne posted:

Sorry guys, if I'm partly responsible for the Star Marine delay.

Just need to wait for the money actually show up in my bank account now!

They kept your account open? They usually get all angry and stompy and close refunders accounts, mature company that they are. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

his nibs posted:

Meanwhile, one of things that Citizens could previously point to ED and get all :smug: about is being eroded.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/359929/atv-2-6-new-flight-mechanics-are-brilliant

GAMEPLAH!! :yarr:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah but they're poo poo at that too. My account stayed open and accessible for like a week after I got my refund. I had to email CS again and be like "Hey dudes I can still log in and still have all my ships and poo poo, y'all might want to fix that."

Haha, and there was me expecting them to do at least one thing correctly and professionally. :D

I wonder how many have had the same thing after getting their refund and upon noticing the error, sold all the things on the grey market before CIG noticed. :)

I.N.R.I posted:

There aren't any sane people left that still talk about this game on a daily basis except for the people working on it and the people who have money invested in it

Your idea of sanity differs greatly from mine and pretty much every person I know in the real world who has heard of SC. I did have a very enthusiastic 'backer' working for me at one point, but due to his constant idiocy and weird behaviour at work it was deemed necessary to relieve him of his employment, he just pissed everyone else off with the constant SC sales pitching that I'm amazed he wasn't accidentally 'misplaced' in some concrete. :shrug:

Quote from his supervisor (lead first aider and part time paramedic) : "If he doesn't shut up about that stupid game I'm going to bend a shovel over his head". :D

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 3, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Thanks, Mirificus. Now that I know Bluegoblin is some high school kid I feel bad for going off on him at some point. I hope he grows up to be a good man some day. :shobon:

Wouldn't worry about it too much, his posts are proof to the old adage of 'wisdom comes with age'. :)

I reckon he'll be a complete bellend when he's older.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Citizens planetside module sneak peak : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqM2ytqHY4

It's got a few old bugs like T-pose and strange vehicle mechanics still. :shrug:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi everyone, hope youre having a fabulous day hating the videogame and the people who play it. This is just a quick reminder for you to call or visit your parents wherever possible because they raised you with love and care about you

Does anyone here have a Ouija board I can borrow for a bit, I have a sudden urge to call my parents.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Completely ignoring the cascade of anger she sent to Beer of course, and how convieniant that obviously she doesn't ever send nasty mails to contractors, they have the proof right here:

Edit; Just for the record I'm pretty positive given her previous form for emails that every one she sends to a contractor is a masters degree standard of resting bitch face in Microsoft Office format.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 4, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

KM Scorchio posted:

I've been looking around online for information on this "Tickled" film and came up with something called "Gay Tickled Asian Twinks 7". Is this the thing you're all watching that is good, cos if so i'm, all over it.

Yes, watch that, in fact, gather your family around the monitor and turn your speakers up. :)

What could possibly go wrong? :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Natron posted:

The idea that people who got their refunds will be incredibly pissed if the game comes out and is good is so loving bizarre.

If you were in for $3000 and got a complete refund, and then two years later the game comes out, CIG will still gladly take your sixty space-bucks. A business isn't going to refuse your money. They're going to want you to pay your money, get into the game, and then spend some more money on other idiotic micro/macro-transactions. And even if they did, all it would take to circumvent their policy is a different credit card and maybe a new e-mail address.

You take your 3 grand out, then pay them 60 bucks once the thing you asked for is done for a net gain of $2940. Why would anyone be mad about that arrangement?

Do they even have a policy that prevents people buying back in after a refund? That would be a hilarous exercise in CIG self ego massaging, financial suicide for a young business with no products on the table though.

I think they know that the game isn't ever going to be released in 'completed' state. Of course at the point when 90% of it is done, the core of our solar system, Sol the giant ball of really hot gas, will have expanded its boundries way beyond the point in which our planet is consumed, much like how dohnuts are consumed by the ever expanding land based lard formation known as Lesnick-B. ('is fat' jokes have been sparse in this incarnation of the thread)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 4, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

Activate protocol Instigator Value Demander Sigma

Sir, you do realize that means changing the bulb?

*bonus points if you get the reference*

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

*Ding* You win an entire internets, use it wisely :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

*movie trailer voiceover*

From the mind of a creative genius,

An adventure into the unknown cold greyness of space,
Where dreams just keep going on and on and on,
Where money is no object unless you want yours back, drat leavers,

This winter, next winter, 2020? wait no, 2025, maybe?
Be prepared to be taken for a ride, of your life, you'll be tickled pink,
From the creative genius that almost ruined at least one company, who went on to er, erm, well, to not really do very much really, oh he sold a few cars, sports cars too, and loaned some media types some cash,

Star Citizen, The Farce awakens.
In the smell of lingering armpit sweat in the balding men only verse, there might be some rape but at least you can micromanage the ships vcr when it goes wrong, because vcr's do go wrong.

Media reviews:
5/5 Would miss my bus and not make it to the theatre to see it again - R.Bailey, Daily Mail.

10/10 The selection of cake was breathtakingly eaten in one fell swoop by a vary large man who could stare at two people on opposite sides of the room at the same time - Sir Donalph Donneley Smidely Smithe esq, Daily Telegraph.

9/10 I'm glad my wife asked me to watch this work of genius, I've needed to drop a few pounds since Christmas and Mr Roberts certainly removed way more of those from me than I ever thought possible - Longrod Von Hugendong, Rearranging mortgage payments and fighting for custody of kids, Hertfordchestershire Hospital for the clinically retarded.

Movie game? created using the very latest cutting edge 1994 technology, and the cream of the crap of acting talent from around the general area.

Book a screaming now, before it's too late!

BRING MONEY!!

(Hey gently caress you, it took ages to write) :P

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 6, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

But you just described the entirety of Chris's input

"Artist" doesn't really apply to him though, he has no artistic ability of his own hence why he has to have a team of 100 actual artists to sketch out what years of cocaine has done to his fragile child mind.

He can't draw for loving toffee either.

Here's a good challenge for anyone who wants it, find something, anything that CR himself, with his own greasy mitts, has drawn, painted, written that has real artistic merit that wasn't done by one of his employees.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

His letter to the Escapist :smug:

:golfclap:

It's not technically what I meant, but I'll allow it :grin:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'll see you, and I'll raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJn_qeTw30

It's pretty much an SC round up really.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

...which is the latest build to hit evocati. But you know this right? You know all of this because of your seventy-billion evocati accounts, correct?

GTFO delusional-Derek.

Still more angered by some guy on the internet with an opinion rather than the fact that it's taken them 130+ million and five years to almost make an fps shooter in a basic fps tailored engine.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Codezombie posted:

Word from the Herd is the pay at Foundry 42 is not that great, or at least its nothing to write home about.
Dunno personally, because I've not even considered applying for a job there (I'd have to be *very* desperate, and that's just talking about living in Manchester... ;) )

Just digging around on TCE at the moment. I've dragged up one possible pay point for the Santa Monica studio, $85k for a graphics coder (2016), dunno if thats good or bad as I'm UK based.

Thats £67,088 exactly. Not sure what a graphics coder would get these days but about 10 years ago it was more like £30-35k, highest I ever heard for similar work was £48k but that guy had awesomely specific qualifications that defied belief.

It certainly doesn't sound very industry average to me, but I'm way out of date on that stuff nowadays. :shrug:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Codezombie posted:

In the post where it was mentioned, the poster did'nt think it was that great. Maybe the cost of living there is higher perhaps. £67k is a damned decent UK games dev wage. I'm pretty close to 48k myself, so Hell if F42 was paying that sort of salary I'd consider it... ;)

I wouldn't blame you at all given the industries historic record for being poo poo at paying fair rates, it does seem high and only those who don't wish to enjoy life turn down good money. :) Kudos for landing yourself a respectable wage in the industry, when I was training in basically "Babys first code" the pay over a long career looked really crap, so I bowed out and changed direction :)

TheLightPurges posted:

85k in Southern California is more like 50-55ish in actual America. theres a reason disco is a grey haired old man and lives roomies.

Ah, so I guess it's inclusive of things like medical insurance and all the other odd employee expenses. $55k in British sterling would be £43,407. :) (Todays exchange rate is £1 = $1.27 apparently)

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 6, 2016

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Besides, who doesn’t want a secretary?

It's the 1950's again.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ah one of the fabled 'early backer' perks that apparently will make anyone who gets a refund immediately feel remorse for doing so.

yeah...

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

BitBasher posted:

Pfft I got a refund on an account with a Golden Ticket! Beat that for remorse!

Ah, Golden tickets, always reminds me of that film with Gene Wilder.

I'd imagine the CIG version is young man finds a golden ticket in a bowl of gruel, the description is about going to a factory where dreams are made and finding out it's a nightmarish nose first journey up CR's chocolate factory, fraught with dangers and Oompa Loompas who call themselves the 'Evocati'.

CR's theme.
Oompa loompa thumbety doo
I've got a perfect game for you
Oompa loompa thumbety dee
If you are wise you'll hand your wallet to me

What do you get when you guzzle down dreams
Dreaming as much as a paranoid schizophrenic dreams
Where is the patch, getting terribly fat (30gb)
What do you think will come of that
I don't like the look of it

Oompa loompa thumbety da
If you're not a greedy manager, you won't go far
You won't live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa thumbety do
thumbety do

Oompa loompa thumbety doo
I've got another game for you
Oompa loompa thumbeda dee
If you are wise you'll hand your wallet to me

Cash pledging's fine when you're a whale
It stops us from producing and keeps me out of jail
But it's hilarious, rivetting and strong
pledging and spending all day long
The way that a moron does

Oompa loompa thumbety da
Given your millions I will go far
I will live in happiness too
Unlike you... what ho! peasants!

*low effort, am tired*

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Meridian posted:

Wonder what the Stimperial flag looks like.

Pretty much this:

Raskolnikov posted:

This man's skin flayed and put on a flagpole.

NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/mA8qr1n.jpg

o9 Hail Stimpire o9

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

nevermind, beaten to it by a mile :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I really don't want to read anymore of the brown sea's constant gushing over something that costs millions but still doesn't exist, and probably never will in the way they think it 'should' be, but is his PTSD related in any way to that time he let go of his mommys hand at the supermarket and took longer than expected to reaquire parental contact?

I'm probably a million miles off, but these fuckers have a habit of over-emphasising past, present, and future events, most notibly when it comes to generic and nasty knockoffs of video game cliches.

Also, why are they doing the "woe is me for I am hosed in the head in some way, hooray for CR to cure my debilitating *insert random mouth hole being larger than rear end in a top hat issue/pedophillia here* and grant me this magical non-existant 90's throwback of digital stupidity, huzzah"? I thought that was BL's 'go to' chat up line. :shrug:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Eldragon posted:

Lol, he's the guy that was threatening to kill me over voice chat because I didn't follow eBushido playing Arena Commander. IIRC he got banned from the RSI forums for similar anger outburst.

Reassuring to know he actually knows how to kill, unlike most of the other death threats I get.

Sounds like a lovely fellow, I guess the mental health issues are a good icebreaker when chatting to him, or could just shout *BANG* really loudly in his vicinity.

I am a oval office :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Chin posted:

Yeah you seem like a terrible, clueless person.

Nope, I just dont care :) War as everyone knows is an incredibly destructive and conflictive force that kills people and makes people kill others, that is the very meaning of it, if you sign up for military service then you are allowing yourself the possibility of being put in situations that may disturb you for life. It's not like I don't feel any sympathy for those who experience it and suffer the aftermath, but when used as an excuse to overpraise mediocrity then I take it with a pinch of salt as it obviously would skew the persons view on extreme good/extreme bad quite broadly.

Basically, someone who experiences a massive life changing low in life is going to view even the tiniest gain with much more excitment than a 'level headed' person. Good on him for feeling better, but personally I think people like him need proper care and not a bunch of spergs doing the internet friends thing, that can turn very quickly and then what will happen?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mordred posted:

It's not really that amazing, considering you:
1) are the one who consistently lie
2) insult and flame everyone who disproves your ramblings with facts
3) call everyone who disagree with you shills and/or liars

Someone's easily triggererd :allears:

A month ago the figure was 377.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I personally feel that it seems inefficient to reword the same sentiment again and again

I should remind you to call or visit FYAD everyso often, they love and miss you and would really appreciate you being there.

:rolleyes:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

So the :reddit: Sherlocks have deduced that I.N.R.I. is one of Dereks lackeys and simultaniously Derek himself on an alt account.

If you ever wanted proof of their intellectual fortitude, there it is.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

I don't want to get too in depth here because my opinion may not be too popular. But I feel like lesbian is easier for a guy to take in entertainment than it is in real life. Fake relationships are also easy, and guys tend to enjoy two girls going at it like crazy. But if you go beyond "making the beast with two clits" there is a nice drop off of acceptance, understanding, and compassion. The amount of "I'm just experimenting" and "I'm doing it to make my ___ jealous." Is a lot too, and that can be rather heartbreaking at times as well. But that's another topic for another time with lots of tears and drinks! Definitely not for the Star Citizen thread of successful game management techniques! :shobon:

I hope :reddit: is reading this and feeling strange that they have no idea what you are talking about and it's scary for them :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I feel at this point in the thread, it is my duty as an user of the internets to say:

I can fap to this. :flashfap:

(Purely out of internet tradition though, I'm not actually polishing one up)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

You've done it. You've killed this dead gay thread with that terrible post.

:cheeky:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

There's currently an in-depth discussion going on on :reddit: about whether or not those parking sensors could be used to breach hulls - you know, the thing that isn't loving possible with the way CIG builds their dumb spaceships.

Why does it have one of these on the end?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

quote:

You're showing immaturity and disrespect, like pouty, whiney, entitled babies.

He said as he whined and pouted while showing immaturity and disrespect to the mods.

What an absolute whinging bitch.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Ponzi posted:

For some reason, Star Citizen immediately came to mind...

The one and only time CIG has hit every target. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

What's his font?

Personally I thought they used some form of Agency FB

CIG actually used WingDings as the font for their SC logo, but they are just so irreparably incompetent that they accidentally made it look like Agency FB.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

He really likes that threat about having some kind of power he has to restrain so as to not violate constitutional rights.

If he even works for the government, he's probably a mail worker or low level office drone.

Hurry up and sort that mail Gremlich!

An actual FED with actual power to do anything against someone on an online message board would have just up and done it, rather than running his mouth. :)

I'm betting he's either unemployed and claiming money to eat from the gov or just one of those really short blokes with a Napoleon complex, or even a combination of the two.

If you can read this Gremlich, get your moms nipple out of your mouth and do something about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Also - and I'm afraid I'm stating the obvious here - even giving Gremlich the benefit of the doubt and taking him at his word that he's some kind of Turbo G-Man or whatever, how loving mentally ill do you have to be to threaten to leverage the power of the federal government against someone because they made fun of a video game on the internet?

I believe in order to judge the level of mental insanity required we would have to consult the 'Gremlich chart' of online retardation, that guy registers a factor of at least 9.5 Gremliches. :)

It's always loving 'registers' in one way or another with citizens isn't it?