Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners ar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I have more posts than Jobbo_Fett in the Star Citizen thread! At last! Hahahahahah eat my dust!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:laffo:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I don't think you let that other thread loving finish. :colbert:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

XK posted:

It's been bugging me for a while, but how does search and rescue work?

Does the lost person just have to log in to their account, and spend all their play time floating helplessly in space, or stranded in desolate nothingness on a planet, for days on end, until one of the search and rescue players manages to find them? Sounds like tons of fun.

Batte tax.

Somebody tell me how to link gifv, I've forgotten.

gifv goes in url tags instead of img tags

http://i.imgur.com/anpZQxh.gifv

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Goddamn how did I miss the gun with 'parking sensor' written on the side. That's the dumbest, laziest thing in ages. :allears:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Try posting a troll that is cool and funny. For example, pretend to have secret evidence that Facts Are Useless is a Star Citizen backer, and then once you've worked everyone up with that, post a link to a picture of your balls as evidence. With a little creativity you can do so much better than obsessively posting grandma's first concern troll attempt every six hours, each more boring than the last.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi, hope you're all enjoying doing Stalking on people associated with this videogame. i just want to offer a quick reminder for you all to call or visit your parents wherever possible because they love and care about you

Yeah, you're right. MOM! MOM!! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE! MOM!!!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Apparently being a doubter and making regular critical posts makes you a Derek worshipper and gets you your very own psychological assessment:

psychological assessment: this guy is loopy

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

CIG is only few steps away from making crayon drawings of Derek Smart As A Poopy Head.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Get a earfund.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Spatial posted:

I crafted a fantastic device. It will open a portal to another world. A world of dreams...

It just needs to mounted on the top of a Christmas tree like so; the power of the pledge will do the rest. Whoa, it's shaking already!

Powering up!!

WHOA IT'S OUT OF CONTROLLLLL

*poof*

This loving owns.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lol Star Marine is awful. wtfosauraus just shot a guy eight times with a shotgun at close range and the other guy didn't die because this poo poo is broken.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Don't forget your parents on the doxing day.

:golfclap:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Difference is that I can take my character, leave the ship and walk right unto a space station immediately after landing. What happens in E:D? You just "transfer" to another ship?

The beauty of the Star Citizen way is that also any random dude can walk straight into your expensive chariot as it sits there and either take it straight away or hang around in the back until you've taken off, shoot you in the back of the head and then take it. So it's all a whole bunch of effort to make stealing extremely easy and preventing stealing extremely hard. Awesome!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Nicholas posted:

original cig concept art do not steal

gis moon outpost

Ahahahahah

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

To be honest I don't quite see the base lifting, nebula is a rip though. Maybe if a commando layered them on top of each other or something.

The struts on the side of the main base building are identical, as is the three tone pattern. The rest of it has been chopped up pretty good but that side remains as a telling detail.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I guess we already knew that all of Star Citizen's concepts are just blatantly ripped off of other media what with sandworms etc but it's great that it goes down to the smallest details.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

quote:

I'm still pondering upon how CR could estimate a mid-December release date for 3.0 which was only 4 months away during Gamescom (end-August).

It's now been 5 months and we know for a fact that, with 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 coming in February and March respectively (and those being estimates), 3.0 could at best be out by April or May. Though a more realistic date would be towards June/July - nearly a year later after Gamescom.

While software development is complex and unexpected things happen which cause delays. Being a software developer myself, I know this first-hand. However, I have a hard time believing that they honestly thought December was a reasonable release date for 3.0 - especially now that the whole team behind SC have had years of experience (both in the industry and with working together). They should've been accustomed to their pace of development by now and give more accurate estimates. There is a difference between optimistic release dates and impossible ones.

TL;DR - I'm confident that CIG are deliberately giving unreasonable dates to the public because it is in their interest to do so. Some will say that CR is just bad at estimating stuff, but I find that hard to believe; at least when it goes to such degree of inaccuracy. I think it's more plausible that CR would rather give December release date, knowing it won't happen, than saying "Yeah, 3.0 will be Q1/Q2 of next year".

Highest voted comment in reddit post is sanity about how deliberately misleading CIG is on progress dates :toot:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Public reminder that Total Biscuit signs his forum posts.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

answer the call

I have no idea what's happening here but it is good

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

You'd hope even the densest citizens could figure out that if 3.0 was supposed to be released in december and yet in january they are still not even finished working out what the schedule for 3.0 even, they must have been flat out lying when they ever said december. And some of the are! :toot:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They're probably confused because in Skyrim bounties are separated by Holds.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

What's the deal with space games?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Sandi makes walking look wooden and unconvincing

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I'm excited to find out how late the patch will be when even the schedule for it is six months late. I'm putting my bet on five months late with less than promised in the schedule which is already less than promised.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Making the MMO perform acceptably well with a couple of dozen people in an instance relegated to stretch goal :vince: CIG comes up with the greatest poo poo

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Star Citizen has sectoids confirmed

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:allears: this is why Derek owns

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

So, what's the latest on black people in the 'verse?

I like how the arms and box blatantly clip through the top shelf like the first 10cm aren't even there but the box delicately rests the very lip of the second shelf with the box's center of gravity well over the edge like there's an extra invisible 30cm on that one. Gonna look great!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

TheAgent posted:

when the bombs fall, all of our hard drives will be wiped clean, friend

come join me in the glow

lol if you don't even have at least a few redundant bomb-proof emergency powered back-up servers.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Oh god I can't fap hard enough for all this.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

Someone who has a video editor with more fidelity layers could do better and I'd be happy.

Holy gently caress. :eyepop:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

The mental gymnastics of 'sure they repeatedly said 100 planets at launch but that doesn't mean 100 planets at launch' is world-beating.
http://i.imgur.com/djx0UgO.gifv

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Those darn publishers forcing devs to push unfinished content lacking games out the door! :argh:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

They aren't behind schedule, once they get the proc gen technology up and running it will be easy to make a hundred pl... *reads update*... we all knew they weren't going to make a hundred of planets at launch you must be a troll to expect that, don't you understand game development.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

That is a great infographic gorf, good to see you again.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

It blows me away that their website has no disclosure of the change in scope and still has misleading statements about 100 systems at launch. Well actually it doesn't because I've seen this farce long enough to completely expect it, but if I was used to sane video games it would blow me away.