Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Has anyone said 'ManofManyAnuses' yet?

edit: I, for one, am glad of the fresh start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

This was already discussed on my Discord server. Without going into too much detail, it wasn't a hoax. However, after going back and forth with them, legal recommended that proceed with caution. In the end, I decided that it simply wasn't worth the hassle; so I killed it.

In other words, he was due for a walk. Got it.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

moma I am currently drinking a 2012 c. montelena chardonnay with some cheap fish tacos

thought you should know

Nothing like some good Napa chardonnay to wash down mediocre-broiled fish tacos (I'm assuming broiled because I don't picture you much the fry-type).

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

As I understand it Derek was right that the original release of 2.6 to evocati didn't include Star Marine, moma was talking poo poo or trying to get Derek to break the NDA to prove him wrong. The 2nd option seems the more likely to me for him making so much fuss over something that doesn't matter at all, everyone knows Star Marine will be poo poo and so it will be proved, eventually, beyond all doubt.

Anyone with any sense and experience who works there is looking for the exit door now.

I know you and D1E have a real problem with Derek, my advice would start getting used to him being right.

Edit Also lol at ex-CIG staff not updating their linkedin profiles while their new company is quite keen to talk about new hires and they seem happy to talk, I wonder how that happens.

loving lol. SM was in there and was playable, but not to every evocati tester. You don't have it nor have access to it, so you wouldn't know. I don't blame you otherwise.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/805872968979062785

There is independent verification of this out there but I'm not linking it because it's not really fair to identify individuals to the crazies anymore, given what's going to happen next year.

In other words, Derek is right, but I (and Derek) will not post how he's right. But, believe us: he's right.

:rolleyes:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So the new Caterpillar looks interesting:

I wonder if it will carry smaller ships.

It currently cannot fit the P85x, which is also flyable in evocati. It's really made for dragonflies right now - hoping that will change.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also LOL at the idea of another level of Evocati in this open development quagmire.

No. From what was told to me, evocati were testing different builds. In a day, they send out multiple builds. Some are more focused on flight dynamics while others on FPS gameplay. The evocati have their own chat, discord, ptu forums, etc. They're all in one test group, but testing different things. The results are tabulated and they'll use those to streamline the builds so that the can get it out to PTU quicker.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

please do explain how they could put out different builds a day at a 30 gig download and still test poo poo.

Different departments are making builds throughout the day. Read one of the monthly reports and see what their network backend is doing. The builds they put out are utilizing the same assets less minor changes, so they're 6-10 gig pak changes. That aside, many of the developers are participating in the evocati chat.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Kakarot posted:

More coming soon

2 weeeks

From what I understand, it could be as much as 90 days before we know.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I've just archived the webpage link I have moma, so it's time stamped as of this post.

Don't leave people blue balled now mate, take the toxxx. When CIG wonder where the link came from, you can say you asked for me to post it.

An artist or "design" staff is not high profile.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Agreed. I think what's the issue for me is that there are people out there theory-crafting this whole thing away, as if I don't have better things to do with my time but to make stuff up - and blatantly lie - for the hell of it.

As they say, the worse thing for those people is not that croberts was wrong; it's that dsmart was right - about anything.

Just this past Oct, I wrote a lengthy blog explaining why it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to believe croberts when he said that 3.0 was out this year - and hopefully before Dec 16th; when (according to my sources), he knew full well that it simply wasn't true. He just lied.

Now, even looking at the Powerpoints he put up for 2.6 to 4.0, it's clear that this isn't an issue of "missed schedules", but just utter nonsense. Just like all the times before that. Heck, look how many time they've shifted the 2.6 schedule they posted. Sure developments slip, but the effect is that they may as well not have even released it because they're doing the same (missing dates) thing anyway.

And based on those lies, he raised almost $15 million dollars from backers who trusted that he was actually telling the truth.

Here we are on Dec 5th, with a Dec 8th date for 2.6 going to the PU, and aside from the fact that it's buggy as hell, they will try to push it out regardless because there is a holiday sale coming up.

And just like that, everyone has seemingly forgotten that 3.0 was due out in Dec. But here we are arguing about SM (which is worse than any CryEngine mod btw) being in 2.6.

And judging by the fact that they want to release SQ42 in the first half of 2017; it stands to reason that as buggy as 2.6 currently is, not to mention all the lingering 2.5x bugs they have yet to fix, 3.0 is going to be a mid to late 2017 release, thus pushing 4.0 into 2018 - if they survive that long. In fact, I would even say that 3.0-3.3 won't even make it until sometime in Q4/17. Go look see half the crap that's in 3.x and you tell me how confident you are that it's going to be completed in 2017, just in time for 4.0 to roll out.

So this argument about SM is just a foolish distraction. The end result when it's released is that CIG - after receiving over $137 million dollars - somehow managed to release a crappy fps CryEngine mod that's hardly playable, let alone worthy of note.

It's all lies.

Derek, you delusional old man you: SM WAS in the build. I watched it with mine own eyes, dearest. I watched as my friend played it against 15 others, leaning around corners (because, 'lo and behold: they instituted cover mechanics). I also watched it as they released an FPS ONLY BUILD to further enhance the testing.

I also watched this:

...which is the latest build to hit evocati. But you know this right? You know all of this because of your seventy-billion evocati accounts, correct?

GTFO delusional-Derek.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Hey Moma, thanks for being entirely predictable and disappearing.

I'm sure Derek will tweet something later about the SQ42 Senior Programmer departure, so you can jump back into the thread then to say "not high profile" :smuggo:

"WHOA GUYS - 1 person in 300+ is leaving! Sky is falling!"

You're going tooooo fast on Derek's Delusional Train. Better slow it down a bit.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

PTU hits this Friday!!

Highly doubtful. Still a lot of bugs in the flight model and a larger bug currently crashing GPUs. I don't see it for Friday.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

ZenMaster posted:

You realize when SC fails due to the waste, hubris, and complete mismanagement of resources and backer money, all goons will transform caterpillar like from "trolls, FUDites, and delusional" to wise, all knowing butterflies, right?

And you'll get laughed at all the more because you couldn't see basic reality?

EDIT: PAGE 42!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:allears:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Moma will come back being all :smuggo: no matter what happens.

Never stop being smug.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm in the process of preparing my complaints to the various consumer agencies in case CIG decides to offer a refund of less than what I am owed. Fortunately I have an... extensive amount of information to work with. Putting it all together will likely take some time but I anticipate the various agencies will enjoy reading. So far I have to cover...

1. CIG transitioning from saying that additional funds will deliver more content on time to justifying delays as part of the increasing scope.
2. The misrepresentation of delivery schedules, including maintaining a website with a release date that was known to be false.
3. Denying a customer access to paid features on content based on activity that occurred outside of CIG sites, admitting that the content was denied by reimbursing the customer, and then lying to the press about it.
4. Harvesting external information on customers (such as online identities outside of CIG sites) and maintaining that information as part of a customer support database.
5. Predatory marketing schemes in which high pressure tactics are used to encourage sales through statements of limited availability that later turn out to be false.
6. Selling "credit" for ships and then denying customers the ability to use that credit on certain packages to entice more sales.
7. Offering assets for sale that will not be delivered as part of commercial release while requiring customers sign a TOS that denies refunds once the game was commercially released.

It will take me awhile to put it all together, but I'm sure there will be at least a few investigatory agencies who will appreciate having this information wrapped up in time for Christmas.

Best of luck to you and your audience.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chunjee posted:

If it were up to me and I actually wanted to deliver a game: fire all but the absolute essential artists down to a team of 2-8 max, and focus on finding or making something that demonstrates an ability to support at least 100 players reliably in a single star system, scrapping StarEngine entirely if necessary. Alternatively, let go of all artists and just use programmer art till game systems work together in a proven manner, and then worry about fidelity.

As far as I can tell; as long as CryEngine/StarEngine is in play, nothing resembling the original promise can be delivered. It seems wholly unsuited for anything beyond a single player fps or 16-32 player multiplayer (1 zone).
Counter argument: list of games that use a version of CryEngine includes at least one MMO.

Speaking out of my rear end as I don't have standing in gamedev specifically; can someone with real-world experience explain how they might go about salvaging this? Assuming that is even possible.

Hi Derek.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Also, yay for posting on 100!!!!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

That's some Grade A snark, MoMA. You ready for this weekend? Got you're fightin' belt all shined up nice?

Not really. Pretty doubtful that we'll get 2.6 live by Friday.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo: what a loving amazing community.

Yeah that's a shame, I was really hoping for them to pull it off, to be perfectly honest. It's way funnier when they release something broken and lovely than it is when Crobbers gets up on stage, shrugs, and they turn the lights off.

e: wizard taxxe

Oh - we'll get it this year, just not by Friday.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Looking forward to 2.6 here

12x12 is a lot of fun currently.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLightPurges posted:

Serious question. Now that even you have acknowledged 2.6 isn't gonna be live this year. Going below even your most modest expectation. Take a peek at your prior hopes earlier this year. theres a massive disconnect here. Are you disappointed? Is your faith shaken? Im not trying to troll I'm honestly curious.

I didn't say it wasn't going live this year. I said it won't be ready by Friday. My faith is not shaken by a video game.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

DapperDon posted:

The gently caress you didn't. Are you high?

?

Are you ok commando? I said we will get it this year, not by Friday.

Purges said:

TheLightPurges posted:

Serious question. Now that even you have acknowledged 2.6 isn't gonna be live this year. Going below even your most modest expectation. Take a peek at your prior hopes earlier this year. theres a massive disconnect here. Are you disappointed? Is your faith shaken? Im not trying to troll I'm honestly curious.

Am I missing something?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The problem is that you need to have faith at all.

George Michael is not wrong.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

And I'm technically not wrong.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I totally think they'll ship 2.6 this year to the PTU at least. I mean why not, the idiots still giving them money in 2016 will celebrate anything that looks like progress and it's a good excuse for a sale.

I can pretty much confirm this to be the case.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

nawledgelambo posted:

It is beyond hosed up crobbers is going to keep people from seeing family on christmas because he is inept and can't push patches.

So which is it, because you started with "I never said that," to finish with "Technically I'm not wrong" after being quoted showing you said 2.6 is coming this year, Man of Many Answers?

Also, remember when 3.0 was the precedent for the end of the year, and here we are, with a huge content inclusion of get this guys: A pirate station, a couple of ships, and (maybe) an fps shooter. For a company of almost 400, holy gently caress, how do you not look at this and just be embarrassed?

fuckin lol

Please read what I wrote:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not really. Pretty doubtful that we'll get 2.6 live by Friday.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh - we'll get it this year, just not by Friday.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

If 2.6 gets a full release this year I will cut up my infinite adjust belt and post pictures of the cut up pieces.
Over to you MoMA

I would feel too much grief. A good belt should be treated nicely.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Wise Learned Man posted:

I would have pegged you as partial to the Limp Bizkit version.

Ahhh - more things you know about me now.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

The jokes on you. I always had a forum there; except that it was a Wordpress plugin. I just installed a standalone one instead.

A real knee-slapper. Thanks Uncle D

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

ZenMaster posted:

Please respond one more time with a smug emote when I say once again, when this all comes crashing down you will look rather silly.

:smuggo:

Quote ad infinitum

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

alf_pogs posted:

great post

part of the joy of this thread for me now, is that i think derek is of a similar nature but he has "turned to the dark side". it's just words on words on words from both sides, massive, colossal nitpicky arguments

it's fun to watch two word clouds smash into one another

I'm clouds. Derek is windmills. Get that right.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

will u be smug tomorrer thou

Sure, why not.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

grimcreaper posted:

I can't be arsed to go through your post history. Did you accept the bet I made?

What bet? Contrary to belief (or not), I don't actually read every single thing that gets posted here.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

LOL. Delusional Derek at it again.

Legal barking up a storm over there?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

being evocati has to be a burden more than it is a privilege

:negative:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sappo569 posted:

You're pretty much the alternative reality version of Derek , so shut the hell up

Pretty much. I won't sue you (lol) - I'll just sit here all smug and poo poo.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ash1138 posted:

when derek says "read my blog" or "go to my forums" or whatever in response to a question, all i see is hillary clinton saying "go to my website"

If only he monetized his site with ads . . .

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

alf_pogs posted:

you're a toxxless coward and nothing more, fella

Sounds like someone didn't call their parents today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

grimcreaper posted:

The bet was:

I bet you :10bux: that IF Squadron 42 or SC actually release they will be this generations Hellgate: London.

I had to google what Hellgate London was since I never heard about it before. I don't really have a frame of reference for it, so no.