Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

I apologise for the inconvenience. But no

Epic Meltdown !! !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Please consider updating the wording of your message in between posts, friend. It feels less authentic reading the same boilerplate reminder the second time around.

He is just a plant, shilling for Mothers and Fathers day I tell you.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So, how would it been seen if you where to try to help CiG by running as many hacks/aimbots/cheats as you could while playing Star Marine (pre-alpha) so as to help them get on top of these early before they become a problem.

It would ruin the fun for others trying to play the game but is important for them to be aware of and design systems to deal with this.

So, does anyone know how the Citizens feel about this? Would it be a good or a bad thing to do?

Maybe someone with an account could phase this question better and make a poll on the RSI site or r/Starcitizen.

It's important to know, because I would not want people doing thing that don't help CiG. (Where there many hacks in the Crysis mp games? - I never played any (I've also never used any hacks but others do so CiG will need to have a plan))

Also, Uncle Derek, will you be adding flight deck dancing to LoD? I think you should, look how cool it is!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Just how the models break into a T-pose when the animation fails/falls out of sync, will Pushers facial animation break into Sandis resting bitch face when it to fails? If so, that could be some really scary poo poo, never knowing when it's going to happen. I think they should restrict this game product from younger members of the public.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

1 - Chris is not there so his part is either skyped in or a prerecorded video.

2 - They spend most of the stream talking up/showing The Spectrum.

3 - They take great pride in show some changes to the planet/city/social module that they released ages ago and no one gives a flying gently caress about. (where the gently caress are the npc?)

4 - Pre-rended video of capital ships.

5 - That drill instructor is not a in game character, but a live actor cos they have poo poo themselves and can't get anything together so are filming poo poo instead.

Bonus 6 - Derek will have his own stream of the stream and resemble a (very young) monkey at play in his own poo poo but still look more trustworthy that Chris 'Send me more Gifts' Roberts

Bonus 7 - Donald Trump will give CiG tax breaks so as to get more of the jobs back in America and Chris will give Trump some kickbacks cos that the way things are gonna work now.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Yeah, I thought it could look racist but went with it anyway, I don't think Auntie Derek is to thin skinned about light hearted (opps, more racist stuff, I must be racist at heart!) jokes. If so I'll write him a sorry note and post it in two weeks.

Also, that's not the real Derek, that's someone (most likely a 12 year old Nowegien girl) trolling everyone pretending to be Derek, The real Derek Smart has not been on the internet since 2003 when he left to go finish work on BattleCuriser 3000. (He's been writing the manual for the last 3 years)

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 16, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Why I've never brought into this game, what do you think the chance is that I can get a refund?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ok, fell off my chair at how this is falling apart like there ships

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ramadu posted:

Goodness. The sound problems.

I guess you can't be toooo hard on them for the sound, even poo poo like Valve's The International and Riots Invitational had major sound problems. But they fixed that poo poo.

Valve' The International is a proper full Outside Broadcast done by professonals, this is worst than a high school av clubs junior class first attempt.

Would not suprize me if twitch ask them to stop using their platform due to them bring it into disrepute.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Show, don't tell you conman.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

Am I the only one seeing the timer not matching up and control points not matching up when they switch cams? How is this not 100% faked?

That's the cut back and forth to the Europe studio - their feed is 30 seconds behind.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

While CiG is a poo poo show - the time and score jumping around is only because of the delay in the video feed they are using from Europe.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

What the gently caress is on Sandi finger?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

By the way, never once did I see any evidence of any of the live gameplay being 10 v 10 like they said - at best, once was 8 v 8 and a few times there where uneven numbers - players obviously dropped/crashed out.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So they showed NO new gameplay what so ever - of any kind.

They showed more art assets of which they have never been short of.

Art is not holding them back, programming is.

Where the gently caress is your gameplay Chris Roberts? I thought you where some poo poo hot game designer from the past? Why cant you show us these game system in play making true gameplay that is fun?

You make Peter Molyneux look like a gaming God (to be fair, I've enjoy a lot of his older games - Populous, Powermonger, Syndicate ect.)

Your a fake and a conman.

You and your wife are both nothing but deceptive wannabes.

Why is there a mild pool of sweat on the ground below me? ...... I'm melting down!

ABANDON POST, ABANDON POST

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Galarox posted:

Dereks wet dream:

Please, Don't, Stop :five: :kayak: :five:

U R Teh Gr8

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Stardew Valley is also a *great* game. Very fun and creative re-imagining of an old IP, if that sounds familiar. Only problem is you can not pay $1,500 for the big farm and chicken coop, or a 10$/Month subscription to get extra mayonnaise machines. The creator's attention to detail about character interactions, and desire not to alienate LGBTQ audiences without being hamfisted is really admirable as well. For the price of one month in the 'Verse you can actually get more play hours worth of entertainment than you would ever throw at Star Citizen.

Yes, total yes.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

A golf swing mechanic needs to be involved somehow.

Replace with a pool cue mechanic where you have to aim and put spin on it.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I sold over $1000 worth of JPEGs before getting my refund. I made sure to drain every penny out of that account. Star Citizen paid for my new rifle.

Maybe I will see about getting the logo engraved on it or something.

Why would you need a gun like that? Why would you spend that much money on such a thing?

The fact you ever put that much money into the hands of Chris Roberts makes me wonder if you judgement is sound enough to have what is clearly a killing machine.

I like you Beer, I've enjoyed many of the things you have written for a long time, pre-SA, you seem like a swell guy, could you help a guy from a country that you can't even buy a hand gun understand why you should be able, and want to, buy any assault rifle?

Honest question. Thanks.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Because it's fun.

Think of it this way: sex has practical applications, but that's not why we do it. Guns are the same way.

So guns are toys to you? Do you not see how dangerous such a gun could be? Do you to own guns like that one? What about those people who use that type of gun to kill you bunny friends?

I'd like to hear why Beer spent money on that gun if he would, what does he want it for?

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 21, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Mods Doxxing Mods, when will this madness stop. :saddowns:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tippis posted:

…unless it's a Braindead-style lawnmower.

Ditto - for example -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3svq8EX01U and afterwards you can do the lawns too. Can't do that with a gun.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Well that made for an interesting day.

Everyone's fine but now I'm wondering when CIG is gonna implement the Space Insurance Adjuster mechanic so I can get a new autism chariot.

Dude, your parallel parking skills are tight! Much respect.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

... A little parp crobbers is full burning the verse

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Lol, a video explaining the Star engine/Lumberyard engine going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

That makes sense really if you look at it that way.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

so if Lumberyard is just a fork of old cryengine and this is a "like for like" change that won't add any time, does that mean cig's heavily modified cryengine wasn't really modified at all?

No, Chris went on a 3 day coke bender and ported it all himself (with a little help from Sandi acting out how the code should go). The Man is a genius.

+42 to faith.

e:(Donald Trump said I don't have to pay taxes)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Pshh right... what would Amazon want with a list of 1.6 million easily amused mentally ill people with 'disposable' income's data for? :tinfoil:

BINGO

Like the update to the t&c of there website and privacy policey.

Amazon is in this for the data mining of people - Chris can now say that mining is already in the game!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I like the classy move of 2.6 having an unlock for the ship store. to open the pirate lti version of the caterpillar if you beat pirate swarm. Only $295, that's less than 5 full price AAA games - they are basically giving it away.

Chris Roberts, what a guy, open with his plans and info about the development and setting the standard for true respect of your fan base.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bushmaori posted:

Merry loving Christmas from NZ, you filthy animals.

Merry Christmas you Bushmaori from a fellow Kiwi bro.

Merry Christmas to the rest of you all to. Have a fun time and stay safe you you are traveling, shitizen drive cars too.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Hey, uncle Derek, now that Star Citizen has come out and told us it's a lumberjack and it's ok, will you, to stay competitive with it, be switching Line of Defence to the 3D Realms Build engine?

Should we all be re-installing Ten Multiplayer Network?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

CiG is a poo poo company that is run in a poo poo way.

They had a deal with AMD, where is that now?

They had a deal with Crytek, where is that now?

The had a deal with someone to make hotas, what has become of that?

And shitizen think it was Chris choice to not have a publisher? As if any professional publishing company would want anything to
do with that clown.

He is a poo poo businesman, what he is good at is conning guliably people out of money.ng

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Slumberyard.
Lumbaryard.

Starjacks

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Merry Tanemass and a Happy New Tane.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Amarcarts posted:

I'm actually kind of willing to take Chris at his word that the Engine change didn't take very long because it's not like they had a working product to begin with that could get broken in the process. It's like doing surgery on a corpse it's actually really really easy and there's nothing to get anxious about as long as nobody is watching.

Merry Christimas

As a friend I would ask you not to take Chris at his word .... The guy lies all the time. All the time. Like, very often.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

At lest a Jonestown they flavored the poision, at Robertstown they charge you for the cup then tell you to cup your hands and pour watered down poison directly into your hands (often this clip right through) all the while the best vice-cult leader since she was a little girl fake cries what a great community you are while flirting with the boys while pretending she is not the wife of the cult leader.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Merry Christmas, thread peeps. :)

I hope everybody is having a fun and safe holiday season.

I've heard, from people who have gone down on you, you are full of crabs, is it true?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Regrettable posted:

They paid Gary Oldman, Gillian Anderson, Mark Hamill, and some other actors to mocap their parts in the game multiple times because they kept loving up.

Don't forget the forgettable Sandi 'Mae "Sleeping with the Chairman" Demming' Gardiner, bet she does not cum cheap, if at all.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Garriott has been in space twice I think.

I think you'll find that Chris is a REAL space cadet, check out this documentary of Chris coming up with the dream of Star Citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0f-2P3luxU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tokamak posted:

There's always one goon who touches the poop

I'd nominate Assraper420 to be this threads official poop toucher, I'd imagine he would be use to it being a weed smoking bum burglar - and a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Trilobite posted:

Yeah, could the guy who "talks to someone" at CIG who apparently obsesses over how many goons still haven't gotten their money back from Star Citizen do a little digging? Maybe start by asking how many people are in that organization. And it'd be fascinating to know how much has been refunded to get that number down to $55k, and especially interesting to know how it compares percentage-wise to the amount refunded to everyone else.

(And since I suspect that anyone at CIG who cares enough to skim their database to see how people on SA still have sunk into this project has probably tracked orther organizations affiliated with whoever else is on CIG's "enemies list," maybe share the data for them, too. It'd be funny to see if any other group of rats has jumped off that sinking ship faster.)

What the gently caress are you people on about?

If I remember right, they where say that people on that goon list had brought another $55k worth of ships in that time, not that they only still owned that much worth of ships.

There is a lot of misremembering going on in here to try to make a narritive to make CiG look silly. CiG is quite capable of looking silly on it's own without goons faking stuff to support it. (although the whole 'I know someone at CiG that told me Goons spent 55k since X' is so silly to start with, why even try to turn that around?) (another example was when people here where claim since they had stated that the work desk had not trinkets on them all of a sudden, CiG videos had trinkets on the desk - there where trinkets on those desk going way back.)

Don't over egg, or you'll just end up with scrambled eggs with something else in it in the end. (with all the recipes in this thread, I would except more from the thread)

I know it's a dumb dead comedy forum, and we all look silly for even reading it, but do we have to abandon all levels of quality? (Some great posters have been lost to this thread over time)

/me leaves to hop in the fridge to slow the meltdown.

e:anyone who spent any money at any time on this was dumb ----- IT WAS CHRIS 'FREELANCER/WING COMMANDER THE MOVIE' ROBERTS FROM THE START! Had none of you ever learnt your lesion from pre-ordering a bad game?

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 28, 2016