Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Othin posted:

Bomber Crew is really fun and is also an actual game you can play and show to friends and not be embarrassed unlike SC.

I too have been enjoying Bomber Crew, thank you all for the recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Krycek posted:

I made it to 3:30 before my brain screamed "MAKE THE STUPID STOP"

I had to stop when he turned his cap backwards.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

no_recall posted:

We need do to some tie breaking, any ideas?

e: Ok here's an idea, Beet / theAgent / Beer, you wish to have the honors of playing Star Citizen on stream (if possible for 30 minutes). Within those 30 minutes if you glitch out and die for whatever reason, Baxta takes first place. If you don't then Crisp Roberts takes first place since his game is good and perfect. Also, If something spectacular happens during those same 30 minutes, tucutru takes 3rd, otherwise it goes to Dogeh. Sounds fair I think?

I feel like this would not be fair as it will glitch. My suggestion would be take the time stamp of the first crash. If this is an odd number, then Baxta wins. If it is an even number, then Crisp wins. You could also do this for 3rd and 4th place.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

XK posted:

Even GTA lets you keep stolen vehicles. As long as the garage doesn't eat them.

Stolen ships disappearing. That's a fundamental change in so many game mechanics.

It's actually a pretty wild admission. It blows apart persistence.

I vaguely remember something being said around 2013 along the idea that if you stole a ship you would have to get the "VIN" changed and papers for it otherwise you would be marked by the space cops as having a stolen ship and chased. I can't remember if this was something said by CIG or some dreamer cooking this up. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember something similar? Stolen ships disappearing when logged off would be really lame to a pirate play style. I guess it goes to the theme that Star Citizen can't have fun in the game anywhere.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Nunes posted:

I vaguely remember something being said around 2013 along the idea that if you stole a ship you would have to get the "VIN" changed and papers for it otherwise you would be marked by the space cops as having a stolen ship and chased. I can't remember if this was something said by CIG or some dreamer cooking this up. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember something similar? Stolen ships disappearing when logged off would be really lame to a pirate play style. I guess it goes to the theme that Star Citizen can't have fun in the game anywhere.

I found where I read that. It was from the CIG Insurance FAQ

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/Insurance-FAQ

Edit: HAH you all beat me to the link. Thanks!

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Galarox posted:

As per request. Not one of my best but that Mr the Montoya really grinds my gears.

I really appreciate the fact that despite having a thick mullet, you still managed to capture the essence of the receding hairline.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

I feel like the fidelity bar has been lowered with the monocle. You should see a warped version of the person's eye like in the picture below.

The SC monocle just looks weird with nothingness behind the lens.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Any one calling anything good for the 9th?

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Gotta have faith.

edit: NO TAXXE SUCK IT

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Top 4 most expensive virtual goods ever sold!

Montoya is here to give you the long needed sense of proportion when expressing outrage about Macrotransactions.

Posting from the past a little....

I find it really scummy of Montoya to try to downplay something obviously bad with an example of something worse. It is like saying murder is okay because there are people who have committed mass genocide.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm not only that Kazan, but I'm also THE Kazan

I was watching Cube and it reminded me that Kazan was the autistic character.

Hope I didn't just doxx :ohdear:

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

I am dumbfounded at how far off the pulse of reality the defenders are. Even if they have the money or feel the pack is justified, does not mean that John Every-man would feel the same. Then taking it a step further and trying to get folks to go after someone to take away their ability to express their opinions.... all over a hobby. Why can't you just disagree with an opinion you don't like, maybe add some evidence to counter their points if you feel THAT strongly they are wrong, then move on. I feel like on some level the Montoya's out there are doing damage control because they know deep down that this project is not in a good state and normal people left to their own devices would also come to that conclusion.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Also, fun fact:

Over the 7 years of Star Citizen development, lead designer and CEO, who's "making the game I want to play", has gone on video exactly one time to play his game.

--===--
7 YEARS of development, and Chris Roberts played his game ONE TIME on video for his backers.
--===--

When he did, it was like he had never seen it before. He could not play it. He also bashed the chat system and vowed it would be replaced immediately.

The chat system has not yet been replaced.

I believe Chris IS making the game he wants to play.... Star Citizen is the perfect game for people who don't like to play games.

Edit:
Roberts wears his sunglasses at night(and in VR)

Nunes fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 8, 2018

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Blue On Blue posted:

Look at this blithering idiot

Who uses a game pad on a laptop like that, it's like someone set that down infront of him and said 'here hold this and smile, it will make you another $50 million'

Wait is that even SC he was 'playing' it looks like a still from the pitch video that he's pretending to control, this is too much

And then the other one, he isn't even holding the joystick right.... has he ever even FLOWN A REAL F16 before ffffuuuuuuuuucccccccc

I also love the gamepad resting on his junk while using a hotas/keyboard. Is he trying to enjoy some rumblepack action?

This picture really reminded me of a behavior my ex had where she would need to get a picture of her doing a thing or being into a thing, where in reality, she has never done or was interested in said thing. For example if I was at the archery range with her, she would need a picture of holding a bow like she was shooting and all the details about it would be just wrong. She needed these pictures however to show everyone on social media how cool and good she is... just like how Star Citizen is cool and good.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen: Pay to.... Test?

Also I can't help but laugh at how much more interesting the Dual Universe mining is. It's just about the right level of tedium: it rewards you for putting effort into prospecting, but the actual mining (the boring part that's never fun no matter how it's implemented) is simple and easy. I wrote a post a while ago about how Star Citizen's mining mechanics are going to be hamstrung by the fact that you must be in a mining ship to do it and it's super funny to see that played out in real time comparisons.

I think my favorite mining system in an MMO game was how it was implemented in Star Wars Galaxies. You basically would run around a planet scanning for the material with the properties you desired. Once you found a good pocket of it, you would place harvesters and that would last until the resources flipped. I don't think mining will be an engaging activity in any game until you can start burning immature pictures into a planet or asteroid with your mining laser.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

intardnation posted:

so they have moved into games as a service as well. how wonderful.

Star Citizen is a case of bad GaaS

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

DapperDon posted:

This is killing me. :laffo:

The sound in my head looking at that is similar to the noise Yoko Ono would make when "singing" with John Lennon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9kgu71d81U&t=78s

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

I had the misfortune of clicking one of the links to Dolvak's twitter feed. The first thing I noticed is this....

:yikes:

This just feels super weird to me.... and yes I tried to google what a touch bucket is. Google does not even know. What I do know is the combination of that picture and banner with a rusty bucket with a hole in the side creeps me out.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

happyhippy posted:

I'm subscribed about a year now to it.
I did the tutorial missions for each of the mission types, and made my base at the second base you are pointed to and haven't left.
And there I have just mined and leveled up skills since, logging in every few days to select the next skill and maybe make 2-3 million on a mining run in hi-sec.
I found a system that no one goes to to mine or travels to hardly, so I can chill and relax and play WoW at the same time.
I want to do some story missions but don't know where the gently caress to get them.
I admit I am a coward in Eve too, only went to low sec TWICE, and both times lost my ship within 10 minutes to gankers.
Still, if I win the lottery and/or retire, I can see myself poopsocking EvE hardcore.

I believe you can do the Sisters of Eve story arc right after the tutorial stuff and that starts in Arnon, but I believe the faction story arcs all require you to have a certain standing with that faction to start it. MY memory is a little hazy, it has been a while.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Im the mag well with 2 inches of space between the chamber and the magazine where bullets have nothing to load them properly.

Glad they did their research for fidelity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJgzlnUkrbw

e:
Person 1. Newbie - Producer on the weapons - 2 part question
Q WHERE IS THE PROGRESS ON WEAPON ATTACHMENTS?
A: uhh, ..... uh..... with 3.2 introducing weapons 2.0, the system is there, that works. The part that doesn't work yet is allowing the players swap the attachments out.
Disco : Sounds similar to poo poo modularity system.

TLDR: NO.

Q WHAT ABOUT THE SUBCOMPONENTS FOR SHIPS?
A : all the components, asset ready, BUT THE SYSTEM IS NOT THERE. YOU CAN"T DO ANYTHING. Scheduled in the backlog.
Disco: Backlog, priorities.

TLDR : NO.

Person 2 Dan , Lead system Designer
Q: (disco talks a bunch of poo poo) 10,000 pyramid questions, what are your plans to punish griefers to let the pirates do their job
A: Uh.... few things in the plan! Law system, WHAT IS A PIRATE, AND WHAT IS GRIEFING? Where to draw the line?! WE WANT PEOPLE TO GRIEF MINERS. Otherwise the miners are going to find it boring! Its a matter of "do you kill someone to loot them?" - Pirate, if you kill him so that he doesn't want to play the game - griefing. Law bubbles incoming. (More talking out of his rear end) Pockets of different things that you are allowed / disallowed to do. You choose which pocket you want to be in! (more handwavium and bullshittery). We cannot have a TOXIC environment in the game.

TLDR : NO.

Person 3 John, Ship Pipeline Director.
Q: Are you currently working on Crash Landing Animation for planet surfaces.
A: No.

Q: If large ships are meant to be unable to outmaneuver flighters, why are the main guns range so short?
A: They should be, uh... the intention is they shoot further to hit further.with weapon 2.0 in 3.2, weapons will be completely different. Conversion from XML to data forge
TLDR : Maybe

Q: What is DataForge?
A: An XML Editor.

At around the 11:20 mark in the video I feel my mind melting. Did I understand this dev correctly in saying that if you decided to kill B'Tak a bunch of times, B'Tak can put in a ticket to CIG and then "there will be consequences" for me as I am deemed a griefer?

I don't know where to begin. This will be unsustainable and exploitable at probably comedy levels....

First, the amount of staff that you would need to answer these ticket and research the allegations would cost a lot even at the salary floor.

Then you have to consider how well events may be logged. Imagine you want to get someone good, you go into game go at them and let them kill you. Now repeat this a series of times. Add the final touch by putting in a ticket saying you are being griefed. According to our logs, it seems like <Insert your favorite Zealot> was a goon griefer after all!

edit: fixed confusing statement

Nunes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 27, 2018