Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

E:D is what Star Citizn't

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

Especially since 2/3 or more of their workforce is in Europe, where they take vacation time seriously.

Like, F1 racing shuts down for a month in the middle of the summer to give everyone a vacation.

Unirocinally: two weeks.

E: but it's totally correct. Those crazy F1 teams even usually decided to time those mandatory two weeks in a way that their staff has the best possible way of relaxing and recharging the batteries instead of putting them through the grinder even more.

tuo fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 10, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

He actually believes this. I've read quite a few interviews where he is (rightfully) upset at the industry, byproducts of otaku culture and all the other... Inaccessible, products created for an over leveraged out of touch community with very specific, tastes.

One of his drivering forces is to tell stories that elevate people. His response is not just being an old man. It was directly speaking against that ultra specific niche application of an idea that was grotesque and something that ran against people who are often seen as less than because of their disabilities.

I'm pretty sure he wanted to stick up for people don't have a typical range of movement, control, etc. The presenters joy was misplaced. His initial question really cut to the heart of it, but what is it for?

2am care rant ^ nice meltdown

Agree. But also would like to know what context that presentation was in. I mean, if it was the kickoff meeting for project "Capcom asked Studio Ghibli to help in the next Resident Evil" it would make totally more sense than "what technical advances have we made that might improve our next Studio Ghibli movie". I struggle to understand why this tech was presented (or even developed) at Studio Ghibli (and to Miyazaki) in the first place.

E: capcom, not konami...drat brain, quit loving up so bad..

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 10, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Star Citizen: Money is not an issue

source: http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/10/13908156/crytek-employees-not-paid#407281357

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's him, inn the trailblazer!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is just too good...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sandweed posted:

I don't know about the Rift, isn't Palmer some kind of Internet Nazi?

Get a Vive, simple as that.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Apparently, they were doing a lot of talking about going in and fixing the supersampling or something, but it seemed to work okay for them. I don't know, that's all a foreign language to me.

Yes, they are pretty much "fixed" (as much as you can fix them with the current headset tech). Having some additional GPU horsepower to crank up supersampling as much as possible helps a lot (like...really a lot).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Completely offtopic, but this would be so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrqtmKazpI

Makes you think how important proper game mechanics truly are, and how irrelevant graphic fidelity can be.

Then again, I guess if someone never experienced the original X-Wing and especially TIE Fighter, hey will look at this and simply shrug

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

nopantsjack posted:

I was browsing the RSI forums for fun and they had some thread about how much they'd each spent and how they don't tell their family or whatever, anyway one dude came in saying he regretted spending any money because the game doesn't exist, everyone jumped on him and said he should just get a refund.

Its still CIG policy to not give refunds and those guys are deluded morons, right?

Imagine calling your parents and telling them you spent 10k on virtual space ships. I mean they love you and care about what you do (maybe a little less after that call...).

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tippis posted:

And yet, somehow, Chris and his band of merry graphical artists — none of which have any experience in doing anything remotely related — are supposed to invent something vastly better in a fraction of the time? How do the faithful ever make that leap of logic work?

But it's Chris Robberts, coding all night! Does Bethesda have a Chris Roberts? No.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imagine Crobberts trying (and failing) the whole night to install current graphics drivers, and Sandi actually thinking he is coding...lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tippis posted:

Look, he's just trying to find his DB-25 parallel port to plug in his joystick dongle and make the joystick.sys driver load — no need to be mean to the poor guy, even if he's completely stumped on the first step.

He's still googling where to find the config.sys in Windows 10

Crob: "Cortana, where's the config.sys"?
Cortana: "Sorry, I don't understand that question."
Crob: "STOP TALKING LIKE MY LEAD DEVELOPERS!!!"

tuo fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 14, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Smaart is one a smarter. Close to beeing AAA-smart.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Derek and Jalad at Tamras, his arms crossed. :colbert:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Went to see Rogue one.

Lots of things for crobbler to steal.

Paper and crayons in cinema.

"Listen, uhm....I...WE....need this...tech, you know. To...aahhh....make people......YOUNG...and old....uhm, but not at the same time....

...and ALIVE! Uhm...like...when they're already dead. So....when can I have it? Two weeks?"

Movie was good fun. Went in with no expectations whatsoever, and was entertained quite well. All the fan service was quite nice.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Xaerael posted:

The KOTOR fan service made me grin like a child.

Young Evazan and Ponda Boba was when couldn't help but actually lol, out of nerdy delight, and I try everything to by quiet in cinemas normally

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:five:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

When you are very, very silent, you can hear the rushed build for the stream beeing compiled right now....bit by bit....tick...tock...tick....tickle....tock

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Truga posted:

you guys have no idea, this game is going to be the Citizen Tane of gaming

Rosebutt!!! *parp*

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

For their very first cryengine mod, this handfull of guys did a great job so far considering they have no game dev or coding experience and do this in their free time in the basement, especially since they whipped this up during a 48hour gamejam, and have to fund everything themselves.

They should do a Kickstarter to get some funds so they can work on it a couple of hours per week instead of per month.

It really looks promising.

E: also maybe the can get some more experienced artists to help them on the art direction, as obviously they don't have that much talent there on the team.

tuo fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 16, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Reflecting about both yesterday's stream as well as the anniversary sale stream - in light of the 2.6 patch notes - did they actually have to restart every single client for each round of Star Marine? It would explain the strange delay between each round, especially during the anniversary stream.

Like: everybody that hasn't crashed already close the game, restart the game (maybe even the server?), reconnect, wait for admin guy to pull up the console to work some magic that it is now round 2 of 4 instead of 1 of 4, rejoin lobby, go?

This all coupled with the permanent fear of crashing all the time, and having to deliver it live, while under pressure of time.

No wonder Lando looked stressed as gently caress during the anniversary stream (I mean the last part where they actually managed to "play" star marine, not the first part where the build was still compiling). Imagine having to coordinate this clusterfuck. All you can really do is gobble down half a bottle of vodka, cross your fingers, get your mind into a "gently caress all this, I'm out here next year anyway" attitude and roll with it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

How long until the next livestream?

:negative:

What do you mean "next livestream"?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

orcinus posted:

Star Citizen: lovely thing is, Derek is sitting somewhere jizzing all over himself

That's it.
Close it up.
This sums up the whole thing right there.

Someone has a recording of Derek's heavy breathing into the mic during one of the last streams? You know what to do!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

You sound like Marching Powder, but worse.

E: also you seem kinda obsessed about people you claim are obsessed about other people who are obsessed about a failing video game project...you know to the point that you seem to read every post they make, which is something not even all of the regulars in here do.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Propagandist posted:

YOU CAN'T STOP
THE HOP
CAN'T STOP THE HOP YOU CAN'T

Great, now I have that tune in my ear the whole day, while imagining hopping buns.

Thinking about it: could be worse, so thanks I guess.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Happy holidays everyone!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dongicus posted:

Isn't your avatar the dude who doxxed someone on here?

Stop doxxing the doxxing dude

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

drat good paint job! I never had the money to get into 40k sadly. The lore os the best though.

Most of the Dan Abnett Horus Heresy books are good. Legion beeing my favourite. ADB also wrote some nice novels (especially about my legion of choice with "The First Heretic").

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So their "actual play time going pewpew" vs. "time spent defending star marine on the internet" is what, 1:100?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:golfclap:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

So wait

People AREN'T getting refunds???

:eyepop:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

darkarchon posted:

So I started my CICO method of a 500kcal deficit every day.

Current stats are:
77.7kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (39.5%)
16.55kg fat (21.3%)
6.22kg visceral fat (8%)

Goal is:
71kg total weight
30.69kg muscle (43.2%)
9.85kg fat (13.8%)
6.22kg visceral fat (8.7%)

:colbert:

Wish me luck mah bois. Wonder if I hit that goal before 3.0 is released.

Good luck! Lost 34 kg over the last six months, now down to 82kg. Long walks with the dog + reduced daily calory intake. Two more kilos and I can start the "now stay that way, you fool!"-protocoll.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Thanks to everyone who gave CIG money to fail at producing a game so this gem could be made. I laughed so hard. Thanks galarox, beet and kayak.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is how dreams are made.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sillybones posted:

I'm so sorry. I have no idea.

:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I read all those terrible /r/ds posts out loud in my shittiest fake-german accent

Sie haben offensichtlich keine Ahnung von Spieleentwicklung.