Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Propagandist posted:

MoMA's got a tease toxx, Derek never sleeps at night

WHO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

If it works it works, I just like buying new crap as well I think. The upside is I can usually sell my old GPU for a good amount or do like I am this year and putting them in a friends kids PC and making his year :)

You have a kind heart commando.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Are the inevitable consequences of Piracy dogs with peg legs?

It stops them worrying the sheep.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TheLightPurges posted:

No you will imagine a Press R to <Use> Rape mechanic like the rest of us have to every night before bed goddamnit.

Press <USE> to abuse.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Grey whales migrate in spring.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

I am very excited today

See, your good deeds paid off commando.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Subnautica also has VR support.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Kiss of death right there.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Evolving catte is evolving

Into a Velociraptor.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

XK posted:

They've taken inspiration from CIG's version numbering? It seems 4 was almost completely skipped, like with MS and Windows 8 -> 10. Did they have a 4 release?

So, is CryEngine 5 the same as 3.8.1? I'm just looking for a solid answer, because the version numbering claims I'm seeing seem a little shady, but I keep seeing 3.8x as being where Lumberyard branched.

Ben Parry over on the Frontier forums says

"Was under the impression Lumberyard was based on 3.8.1.
Either way, the difference between 3.8 and 5.0 is branding (it's like Windows 8 -> Windows 10)"

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Star Citizen: Not eligible for Amazon Prime

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

his nibs posted:

Merry Crimbo fellow goons

Here's to the future of space video games

Thanks for all the laughs :cig: - you've really excelled yourselves this year!

Merry Christmas to you too and Commandos everywhere.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

D_Smart posted:

No. Again, you're not getting it.

This is what my tweet said. It has nothing to do with gains or losses; but rather the fact that, regardless of how small (probably insignificant, given the amount of money AWS makes for Amazon) the CIG payments to AWS are, it's still money from Shitizens, which eventually go to my AMZ portfolio holdings.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/812718683323793408

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

orcinus posted:

Did you know that CIG actually saved Amazon from bankruptcy?
See, if it weren't for CIG, Amazon would never get a break in the gaming industry, and would still have to rely on cloud/hosting related services as their primary revenue stream, and would surely sink in the next 2 or 3 years. But now, they have a rope to cling to.

I didn't know that, but i'm sure some citizen does.

Wonder what they think of Frontier beating them to it?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
No more blockers just logjams.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

Our Lord would never lie to us, especially not on Chrismas day.

Star Citizen: A Christmas Miracle.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

illectro posted:

Ahh don't worry about me, I've got thicker skin than anyone can imagine.

And yeah I'd love nothing more than for some solid approximation of the game to be delivered so that we can blot out the sun with our Auroras, it would be glorious, the best ending for everyone.
Equally I would not be surprised if they burn through all their money and goodwill before delivering anything capable of realizing that, and I was prepared for that outcome the moment I saw it was a Chris Roberts game, given his past history of projects delivered on schedule.

I'm not a hater.

Anyway what's really stood out with this latest video is the number of straight up racist fucks who are mad that a game might make them play as a non-white dude. Literally citing the one single character model on the loadout screen as a sign that CIG are part of some SJW conspiracy to commit white genocide. (sorry, I deleted the really offensive comments) I'm relieved to see none of this insanity on the SC Forums Or Reddit, it's mostly people posting directly on my video on youtube.

Very fair and informative video I thought. I don't post comments on YouTube so thanks for the stuff you do, very enjoyable.
Glad you're not letting the weirdos get to you.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Sarsapariller posted:

Pivoting immediately to:

"Lumber yard is a fork of CryEngine. The move was painless as they both use the same version."

It only took two guys two days to do it.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
I caught man flu.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I meant because MOMA is a shark killing oval office (come at me MOMA you oval office)

Thundercatte tax :

How do I unsee THAT?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Absolutely effin' brilliant.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm glad everyone likes it. All the credit goes to Galarox though - all I did was spiff up the writing here and there. In fact, after talking it over with the mods, Galarox has been given a couple forums upgrades as a reward, and has been asked to make an imgur album and make a GBS post for goldmining purposes.

Excellent job, commando!

A work of comedic gold. When can we expect the film of the book?

EDIT: Do an animated version using Lumberyard.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Cordwainer Smith

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
I don't think I've ever seen a tea table.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Can you stand near a corridor in elite? No, you cannot. In your face Braben :smug:

No wankpods in ED.

Disappointing.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

like you can literally go outside and have a beer with some ex CIG people right now if you're in LA

Any updates?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

I wonder what they will name their language?

Handwavese.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

I hear the socks are red in the other systems shops :allears:

Well I'm not going there then.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Still got the multi-crew stream to see on Thursday.

It's gonna end in tears.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Foo Diddley posted:

Well we all know that you're only allowed to view art in exactly the way the artist intended, at precisely the right angle and in the correct conditions and such

Pic related, it's me at the Louvre

Me and a friend at the Tate Modern

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Raskolnikov posted:

So he's going to die in weeks, not months... :smith:

I wonder if he is one of the names we know and love?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Wonder if he bought the VR headset he'll never get to use.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

It's also very telling how easily a lot of them are now jumping over to the latest shiny thing, Hellion, with not even a blink of an eye

Don't know if I could join in with this bunch of losers.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Ahhh the majestic Coathanger

If that thing fired all it's weapons at once, it would go backwards.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Another contender. Genesis Alpha One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSJ_Hw--Bc

Silent Running meets Doom?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

But does it have farming?

Same as SC. No.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

Getting a radiation dosage wouldn't "cook his thyroid" it would cook him all over. You get a hosed thyroid by ingesting radioactive iodine following a nuclear leak/blast, and due to the short half life that danger is mostly gone after 2 weeks. Unless he worked in the Chernobyl cleanup it's bullshit.

e: f;b

He maybe a nautical Homer Simpson.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
That guy at the front has got his "This is bullshit" face on.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
"I think you have to approach SC as you would a person you really want to be more intimate with, but due to certain circumstances, whatever they may be, know deep down will never ever come to fruition. If you learn to accept this very real reality, anything you get from that person will easily be viewed upon with joy, even if its nothing more than a brief hi/goodbye. In short, temper your expectations affordably and you'll never be disappointed."

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7573155/#Comment_7573155

Star Citizen: It's out of your league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

quote:

Yup. Alpha 3.0. Too many people on these forums miss the "Alpha" part. You know what Alpha 3.0 is going to be like? A glorious 12 FPS crash/lag fest. And you know why? Because it's supposed to be.

Too many people on these forums expect 3.0 to be some end game that they can play. We're a long (years) long, long way away from playing.

The waiting does suck and for older guys (I'm oldish too) you do have to wonder if you'll ever see the end. But hey....the journey has been......interesting at least.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7590750/#Comment_7590750

Star Citizen: Don't worry about the finished game, you'll be dead.