Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Still the best thread on the internet. I've enjoyed reading it daily.

Couldn't help but feel I'd seen that weapon on the latest ATV before, do they have a subscription to DigitalTutors tutorials there? Just found the profile and shapes to be quite similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Wingman's Hangar was really fun to watch, that dig was sublime, also star citizen is bad.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I think for a lot of people who really didn't know much about game design, Chris Roberts must seem like he's revealing some sickening and heartbreaking truths about the game industry

but game creation, even for the most simple of games, is hard. programming is hard. art is hard. I don't know why people think that making a CoD clone or another Assassin's Creed is "easy"

there's sometimes a thousand people that work on those games

its like a bunch of people that didn't follow games or game design suddenly saw a man saying "oh no, unlike these other games that CHEAT, we do everything REAL" and thought to themselves "YES! I want games to be REAL!"

games aren't real. games have to loving cheat all the goddamn time, otherwise we'd still be waiting for miyamoto to finish laying a network of green sewer pipes realistically around the loving mushroom kingdom

This is what kills me about this project, it's sullying the hard work that goes into making actual games that work. All these fans think that a game takes 5-7 years because of the diatribe the fanatics have been spouting over the past few years. Fans are saying this is a great insight into how games are made. BULLSHIT! This is exactly how NOT to make a videogame.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 8, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Well I started The Expanse yesterday and binged a whole series in a day off work. It's brilliant, and made me want to play a massive multiplayer space opera game like Star Citizen but not have it be a lovely broken mess with no aspirations.

Look how excited that subreddit is getting over a few images of stuff that should've been in the game years ago...Cutlass black with a rover and a planet (moon?)! 3.0 is definitely going to show those Goons what's what!

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6vhqz7/a_pilots_dream/dm0h5tm/

The main reason I'm excited about Star Citizen is Star Wars....

Ok.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 23, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

"NO THE OTHER VIEW YOU INCOMPETENT FOOL"

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

This bit totes looks beautiful though I gotta admit. This and the music just makes me think what this game could've been.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

LOOOOOOOOL

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Just GO HOME CHRIS!

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

It's gonna crash again at the exact same point isn't it...

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Here's to another 5 years of this poo poo.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Star Citizen is the Donald Trump of Gaming.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

CitizenCon needs to hurry the gently caress up.

My predictions are:
- They'll show SQ42 vertical slice. It will be cinematics and the nerds will rejoice. It'll look nice but will be super on rails/pre-recorded.
- They'll talk about how Croberts was inspired by PUBG to create the Best drat Battle Royale Game Ever. Coming soon!
- They'll be announcing that Sataball esport will be an Olympic sport by 2024.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Toops posted:

Galarox is a freaking thread hero. His photoshop skills are insane. I can't find my archive, does anyone have the Sgt. Pepper's one?

He also did a bunch of voice acting for Solar Plebeian.

Pre-pre-pre-alpha comedy mix: https://soundcloud.com/user-455463481/landing-successf

Holy poo poo those voice clips have me in stitches. Amazing.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

intardnation posted:

[The Orville is] worse then anime.

Is it fuuuuuck. It's way better than star citizen, which is waaay better than anime. It's watchable, even a little fun.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

What's this Whankers business anyways, I've never seen anyone use that spelling before. It should be 'wankers', or 'toss-pot' if you want the northern feel.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Hey Toops, what is the Single Player campaign of Solar Plebian called do you know? That's what I funded and tbh Solar Plebian is secondary ya know?

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I got this one, Toops.

You know, I get really annoyed when I hear people saying "How come the single player campaign isn't in Solar Plebeian yet?" and stuff like that, because single player - I mean it was just a gamemode used to be a testbed for the mechanics that were going to go into the full game. Things like bird collection and ramming spaceships, that's already in there now. You're already playing it!

Well that's all I needed to hear, here's another $3000.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Crazy Achmed posted:

what is the thread title referencing?

also here is a game about a cat drivng a tram: http://alexanderperrin.com.au/paper/shorttrip/
much fidelity.

That's actually awesome

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Wow, those Star Citizen fans sure are tolerant of other people! Just look at those comments. What a loving cesspit of a fanbase.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/72pbcx/no_third_gender_confirmed_malesfemales_equal_parts/

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

AutismVaccine posted:

All talk about third (or more) genders is just retarded.

Is that position considered intolerant these days? Just wondering.

It was more the comparison of being gay to a "40 year old dating a 10 year old. It's just wrong."

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Ramadu posted:

this is the worst opinion ive ever seen on something awful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Natron posted:

It's taken them six years and they still only have one gender, of course they don't want to make a third. They went from 100 systems to five, commandos will be lucky if they can change the loving eye colour of their generic space mans at this rate.

I'm getting the feeling that this game isn't all it's hyped up to be

[MOVED TO CONCERN]

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 27, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/75gp49/happy_birthday_star_citizen/

What a fuckin' waste of 5 years.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

"Because you got a refund from this massive hunk of poo poo, Star Citizen, please do NOT back any Kickstarter campaign ever again please."

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 16, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

I was here at Page 2500. When I should've been somewhere else.

Same goes for the last couple thousand pages.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Hardcore shill Bulevine is losing faith

*edit* refactored cat taxxe

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 20, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Me on Friday watching CitizenCon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3gC0qsC6oA

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Natron posted:

I've got my CitCon all worked out. Gonna have a split screen with CIG Twitch on one side, Goon Discord on the other side and Mario Odyssey on the ol' switch. Friday's gonna be real good.

How doth thou get access to the Goon discord btw? I think that'd be fun to spend CitCon on.

edit - Or is it Dsmart's discord that's the goon discord?

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

On that note, how do I get into the Dsmart channel? Is there info on his website on how to apply?

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Natron posted:

Just go here, friend.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773236

All of your questions will be answered.

Thanks dude :)

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

*edit* removed coz i'd prefer not to get doxxed

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 26, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

his nibs posted:

Go spread your fud elsewhere :colbert:

They started downvoting my reddit history. I should've known better than to dox myself.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 26, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Just look how lovely and SMALL skyrim is compared to the BDSSE!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7azho2/star_citizen_4km_plot_vs_skyrim/

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 6, 2017

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

AbstractNapper posted:

Same but for Léon: The Professional.

Same but for Air Force One

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Hav posted:

Overweight waifu dude provides a valuable service, I feel.

But how will we know who not to quote!?

You know, for Derek's sake.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

You have the best gifs.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessCredulousQueleaCclamChamp

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7c29h9/turning_on_the_lights_outpost_component_gameplay/

I've lost the will to live.

Put a component in a component. OK.
Now turn all the dynamic lights in the level from false to true. OK.

This is somehow considered impressive, and the hosts and fans boast about it in the video and in the comments.

Game is 6 years into development.

Help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

"After monitoring the destruction of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Reddit today, it really strengthens my opinion that crowdfunding is the way of the future for videogaming and honestly, realistically, the only way we will get feature complete and innovative products into our hands."

Star Citizen will indeed set a new standard of video-gaming. Of that I have no doubt.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 13, 2017