Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Klyith posted:

I never thought I'd say it but arfjason has a point. I don't agree with his definition of doxxing and I don't think that it's morally wrong to post a lot of the stuff that gets posted in this thread. But I do think it's bad content. Bad content should be discouraged, and people who endlessly spam bad content should get told to stop. Arf got repeat probations when he spammed the thread about doxxing. The guy that's spammed the thread with 15 pages of bad reddit screencaps should get the same. The guy who admitted to spamming shitizens on reddit should too.

Your essay didn't even mention cat posts. :colbert:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'll never get over being shamed by /r/dereksmart, penthouse of the ivory tower :smith:

I'm still reeling from being kicked out of EvE. This proves Derek wrong and consequently Star Citizen good because:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Cheers MoMA: https://clips.twitch.tv/disco_lando/PuzzledLlamaThunBeast

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Thank baby jesus they have a 3rd community manager to help with the workload.

The best part is he came from the QA department. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Tr5CXj7cE&t=400s

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Nobody saw that problem coming.

D_Smart posted:

What's going to be absolutely hilarious is if they don't enable (in the UI) the ability to select an AWS instance to connect to. which means that if you are in Australia and can't find players, there won't be any way to switch to US based instances which would obviously be more populated. Much rage will be heard.

:thurman:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Under the "also see" of NEET wikipedia page:

quote:

Japanese CD and DVD producer, Avex Group, produces DVD videos of live-action women staring into a camera to help hikikomori learn to cope with eye contact and long spans of human interaction.
:stare:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Zero evidence FUD!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Star Citizen: Worse than a kitten killer

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

:gary: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124202571?t=49m20s :yarg:

WTFOSAURUS: "CIG get your poo poo together. c'mon"

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

TheAgent posted:

lol if any of this is loving true

quote:

If you are asking then yes. We do use internal accounts to prop up funding numbers. These are not backer only funds. We are encouraged to buy ship packages on a bi-weekly basis. Any monies that come to the coffers via internal employee accounts are counted into that number. This includes managers who end up pledging with caveats. These can be sold personally to third parties without supervision. Large packages are sold at discounted amounts to [employees, contracted employees, certain backers and streamers] for heavy discounts. The full amount is represented in the Funding Tracker.
:eyepop:
The sickening truths have been revealed only today.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

TheAgent posted:

lol if any of this is loving true

quote:

If you are asking then yes. We do use internal accounts to prop up funding numbers. These are not backer only funds. We are encouraged to buy ship packages on a bi-weekly basis. Any monies that come to the coffers via internal employee accounts are counted into that number. This includes managers who end up pledging with caveats. These can be sold personally to third parties without supervision. Large packages are sold at discounted amounts to [employees, contracted employees, certain backers and streamers] for heavy discounts. The full amount is represented in the Funding Tracker.

I don't know if it's true, but if citizens were allowed to believe it, whatever is left of the greymarket could be destroyed. Get out while you can MoMA :ohdear:

or toxx some ships by summer August at least.

We know it's probably true because of Roberts's Razor - the explanation that includes the most mismanagement and money grubbing is probably the correct one.

edit:

SelenicMartian posted:

So, MOMA, your $8000 of ships... Is that the retail price or the price with the employee discount?
:eyepop:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

quote != edit

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

:unsmigghh:

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

The shame triples every second, I assure you.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'm sure speculation consensus will make Star Citizen a reality :doh:

Open development everyone!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I measure pissed citizens at somewhere around 10% or less. Reddit is not gonna bottom out this year, they'll have gamescom or whatever other carrot to put in front of themselves in a couple months. Though if December comes without even a rudimentary mining <USE> or tech demo, all bets are off.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

The Hellion Thread would be a good place to go for that.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

AP posted:

Citizens will flip their poo poo I think if they don't get something good this year. They've never going to get anything good so CIG's best bet is to go quiet while hoping people forget they gave thousands so some idiot could shop for furniture & play movie director with Golem, Luke Skywalker and the girl from the x-files.

This is why I've been quietly reminding citizens 'How long are you going to wait for functional mining? Usually one of the first things you put in a space game.'

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

AP posted:

Hey a new Citizen, what's your Star Citizen story?

My story is Star Citizen sounded cool back in 2013 as I failed several times to enjoy EvE. Never pledged because the Kickstarter pitch sounded vague to me but thankfully CIG continues to deliver wonderful self-ownage free of charge.

If I had pledged that artist dudes resignation letter would have been my refund point. Doorgate was also pretty bad, dunno which was first.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Oh I'll also add that the first suspicions I had about Star Citizen in trouble came from the community having conniptions because of the Elite Dangerous release. So good work with that commandos.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Clicked the stream and of course within 5 seconds they are getting stimperial o9

edit:
:gary: https://clips.twitch.tv/starcitizen/BrightRuffOMGScoots :yarg:

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 24, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Even if I was working at a game development shop, I would never feel comfortable using a WASD keyboard at work. Perhaps this helps explain CIGs glacial development pace.

Joe Blobber posted:

:words:
lol didn't read a word of that. Guy is nuts.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

SatoshiNakamoto posted:

I did indeed get a full refund of some $4,000 in the end, and I'm therefore now a mere "civilian" in the 'verse.

Never got evicted from my apartment. I'm working at two jobs right now delivering goods and food via bicycle in Manhattan.

This week i'll be attempting to secure some sort of shoddy health"care" through New York's gross for-profit "healthcare market". Hopefully this will enable me to get the decades of therapy I so clearly need.

My bitcoin investments are doing extremely well and I recently celebrated by purchasing an R9 Fury GPU to replace my aging r9 290x. Got a decent OC on it too, 1120MHZ @105% voltage. Sadly was unable to unlock any of the 8 potential Fury X cores.

It's nice to be here with all of you again. I missed you. I apologize for my rude and ungentlemanly behavior during prior visits to these wonderful comedy fora.

healthcare should be free or at least operate at cost rite. :yeah:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Streetroller posted:

How do you gently caress up a Zendesk canned response?

I don't think I ever saw this linked in the thread but I listened to the one hour interview with you in the background the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCpHIAE-3Q

Kinda fun. However this is the the correct way to describe SA to the media.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

aleksendr posted:

Who the gently caress spend at least a grand on a setup only to go with twinsticks instead of a real HOTAS ? Good luck using that Nostromos POS with VR.

The only way i could justify this is a shared setup with a lefty and a righty playing at the same rig but we all know Citizens lives alone and you cant share twin packs.

On the other hand that trombone in the corner could come in handy when Star Citizen is cancelled.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/835861811589234688

I take it these sales numbers are accurate as possible with CIG's farce of transparency. I've gotta think the Hurricane did not live up to CIGs sales hopes, the prospector sold like poo poo despite being the one of the 2 dedicated mining vehicles. But ok probably not a lot of players are interested in mining, a (what looks to be) overpowered starter ship should get the money flowing again right!?

As things become more desperate, I imagine we may some insane concept jpegs.

quote:

The Hurricane is currently scheduled to become flight-ready later this year. Because it is a smaller spacecraft, which uses the existing Anvil design aesthetic and dogfighting mechanics already tested in the Star Citizen Alpha, we expect it to come online earlier in the pipeline.
This year huh? CIG low on shovels?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

MinorInconvenience posted:

Do these sales numbers even mean anything anymore? A bit back in the thread it was mentioned (and seemingly confirmed) that employees can buy the jpeg packages at a discount (or maybe taking less pay in their paychecks), which they then go and sell on the grey market for a profit. It was also mentioned that Croberts & Co. report these sales at the full, not discounted price. If all of this is true, I suspect the $144 million is completely misleading (and possibly designed to keep backers from panicking). Or am I missing something?

Yes it's all bullshit but they're paying 350+ employees somehow. I have no doubt they have somekind of outside investment, and they probably use ship sales to show new investors that they are stable and have cashflow.

The only other explanation is that they spend very little on staff and are working from their warchest. Considering the janky quality of everything they put out, it's not completely impossible that the staff could be inexperienced budget hires.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I skimmed through this.

"I have 4 AI programmers"
"We're now building up a small gameplay team, so gameplay programmers"
"We have a large push on design here" (systems and levels)
"We have a large environment art team here" (9 people)
lighting artist
engine team
tools programmer
65 people

[x] years in and now they are now thinking about putting together a gameplay team; while it appears their focus remains on art. Unbelievable.
I don't really follow the purpose of each office but it sounds like they are PU and a little bit of S42 stuff.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

MinorInconvenience posted:

But wait, I thought S42 was almost done? How can they not have already done this? How is it possible that backers don't understand how bad this is?

I think when Chris got the dollar signs in his eyes he lost sight of the game and started chasing his movie dreams again. 20 mo-cap sessions later with a dwindling budget he decided maybe they should start making the game part soon. Except he built the whole company around ~ fidelity ~ and is now playing catchup with the game mechanics. It's 2017 and they are hoping to get some basic features like mining and cargo this year; those should have been done in the first months.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I love the wallpaper house analogy so much because it explains CIG to a tee.

Xaerael posted:

Most games have super rough looking pre-alphas while they get the meat and potatoes mechanics of the game sorted, then they make pretty graphics to go with the solid base game.

CIG literally wallpapered the house before it was built. Now they're frantically trying to build a house around sagging wallpaper that idiots spent far too much money on.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Sure all that stuff in my post starts at 17mins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0-QE4UgR4U&t=1025s and goes for about 2 or 3 mins.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Chris said Star Citizen would be released as a "minimum viable product" and slowly turn into the Best drat Space Sim Ever contrary to everything believed up till that point.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/327124/from-bdsse-to-minimum-viable-product https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoHlCc4Y7E&t=1397s

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Chin posted:

Was that chat log from their last Jump Point satire or did Chris actually say "the worm WAS NOT A JOKE" and then say they'll have xenomorphs on wrecked ships?
It wasn't satire. It was and still is hosted on their site. I too was in disbelief before I could get to a computer and open the pdf because I wasn't gonna mess with that on a phone.

What should be red flags and alarm bells turns into Chris demanding dreams become reality when you have your citizen goggles on. CIG waves this absurd conversation around like its a good thing.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 28, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

MilesK posted:

lol, this entire video's pretty great

:five:

Yet again tons of red flags that get misconstrued into progress.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

:yarg:

Ok these guys are might be playing the long game. I don't think the've had a single comic not about game breaking bugs.

Colostomy Bag posted:

:siren: New Comm link is in. This week might be a good one for Space Comedy...especially Friday. :siren:

quote:

We’re gonna be short and to the point this week, cause we have a lot coming at ya this week.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I quite enjoyed Sunshine. How many commandos wanna bomb a star with me? No sun worshipers plz.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Roflan posted:

It even references Star Citizen when the mission giver says 'with you money you've donated to us, we have produced biowaste'...

:discourse:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Eternator injection confirmed for 3.0. Praise the Stimperor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Predicting AtV is getting too easy.

from discord:

quote:

I imagine they will want this episode to be a longform advertisement for the hurricane so something related to that.
longform hurricane advertisement. I bet you nailed it.
I bet it's going to be ship pipeline part 2 showing how they made the Hurricane
maybe something about character creation / customisation