Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Do the aerodynamic properties of a ship influence the cut scene loading time when doing a planetary landing? I am kinda new to dream development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeYncMykgw

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I guess they have too many still in stock, they need more space in their jpeg warehouse for the many next waves of concept ships.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Welcome to our thread friend

Which road led you here?

Was hugely interested in the projects early kickstarter days, then forgot about it. Saw a thread on teamliquid and asked about the whole thing. First heard about how south everything is going. After a little googling it was frontier forums and SA. My god, my heart was broken.

Gently go fiddle yourself, Chris.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

With the launch of ME:A, no way we will see anything SQ42 gameplay-related for the next 4 months or so.

Also i dont think the next operation outlined in the platinum section will really work, citizens are too stupid to spot it.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Wuxi posted:

Wait, what are they talking about?

Someone is in love i guess

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Speaking of lurking and terrible posting, where is Marching Powder?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/60w4vs/passenger_transport_and_the_right_ship_for_you/

Star Citizen: Mental disorders and the right meds for you

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Space Crabs posted:

A new TheAgent leak:

:four: ....no.....:five:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I think a lot of criticism originate from STEM people. When Science 3.0 comes online, it will make researching in RL quite pointless. Due to the 9 to 1 NPC ratio, even less people will be needed.

When you look at the founding graph, many drop out of college/uni daily and invest into their future with a completionist package. It all makes perfect sense.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Whats up with all the micro subpatches? Are they so desperate to show progress?

Is there something up? Are there any special rumors?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Using , as . hurts my brain every time. Death to the beancounters!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Did u use the same? NOT ARCHERED I SWEAR

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Even if all gods (religion+scifi) joined forces they couldnt deliver that.

PRAISE (C)ROBBERS!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Lowtax should introduce a completionist package for SA. That should do the trick.

All the available options are just too cheap for our citizen friends who have lots of disposable income.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

DREAMS

[–]FTMESnew user/low karma 97 Punkte vor 17 Stunden

Flying into atmo with all wings blown off/maneuvering thrusters damaged and seeing if that does anything. Such as having the gravity pull me to my death. Starfarer tumbling out of control would be incredible.
--------------

Looking forward to the meltdowns when people are going to be teleported via a loading screen into the makos.
I am loving it.

[–]Magdalornew user/low karma 9 Punkte vor 15 Stunden

I kinda find turbulence in atmo-entry exciting, for some reason ... I would love really FEEL that I am entering an atmosphere, and if CIG manage to take this feeling at their level of quality, that would be pretty badass ! ^
----------------

No worry, you shall receive.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 18, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Google Trends seems broken, cant get a correlation

Furthermore, broken ascii catte

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'
_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'
(il).-'' (li).' ((!.-'

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

The do work for pennies.... tons of pennies though :D

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Yeah, nicely done all :D. Only one thing is missing

drat, was already posted :(

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 23, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

My theory is this:

1. CIG is bankrupt and we will all know it from backers not getting refunds or some mega leak
2. people cry about lost money
3. All shills/brain dead people/the rest of CIG will just vanish
4. we wont get much entertainment out of it
5. half a year long "what can we learn from CIG" articles all over the gaming "press", until our eyes bleed

--> we should enjoy every fuckup from Clown Inc., imo we are at the peak with this thread (or near it at least).

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sabreseven posted:

You're probably not far off tbh, all the recent langauge from CIG screams of money trouble. From the subtle "please keep spending if you want to support us" to the aggresive "each item ships at individual costs". It all adds up and when laid out is indicating a fairly plausible red flag.

I don't think we'll get entertainment out of it's collapse, but the entertainment will come from those who have been whiteknighting it relentlessly without paying heed to the flags and gently caress ups for years. It'll be their time to shine and they will be more defensive of their "investments" than ever before, the threads of reddit will run (rage) red as they collectively fall on their fideliteous swords and then the reality will hit them and silence will reign over them. :)

If i had invested in this farce, i would just go into submarine mode a few months with my social media accounts/forum posts. I really hope you are right.

Is it considered a witchhunt if one starts to collect nice snippets to throw it back to the whiteknights faces? Should we start a quote database?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

AutismVaccine posted:

If i had invested in this farce, i would just go into submarine mode a few months with my social media accounts/forum posts. I really hope you are right.

Is it considered a witchhunt if one starts to collect nice snippets to throw it back to the whiteknights faces? Should we start a quote database? (but without genetalia talk ofc)

I am a professional editor of posts on bad forums. AMA

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Samizdata posted:

Look, if you can't keep up with the thread, you'll have to go for mandatory marketing/acting training with Sandi. Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

(The Stimperor infects!)

Which is ironically literally the worst kind of marketing/acting training.

edit: do i have to use a comma between ironically and literally?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:ironicat:

I guess he'd know though, huh.

Can someone create a new atomic-weapongrade-mega-ironycat symbol? The normal one just doesnt deliver enough anymore

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Mr Fronts posted:

Ha ha, Derrick Shart! I'm going to get all my relatives to buy me Star Citizen accounts for my birthday and Christmas just to spite you! And the best part is, it won't be costing me one cent! Nothing at all! I bet that makes you mad! Checkmate, goon!

Dont forget to also invest into https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

Thats should piss Desert Shark really off.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 4, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Berious posted:

So what are the chances they poo poo out a barebones 3.0 with non of the features that got shitizens excited. Release a couple of patches to fix catasrophic bugs so people can actually connect to the servers. Then say "There's your Star Citizen :byewhore:"

I'd say pretty good.

+1

Money should be pretty low by now, i expect something big to happen in 2017 at least.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

only 5555 more to go for the ELE!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • RSI/CIG has time scheduled on the pc gaming show
  • unknown if a taped interview or part of a sizzle reel
  • pc gaming show is now sponsored by intel
  • will showcase a few amazon games as well
  • "I think they're completely unprepared."
  • CIG wanted dedicated segment to show off new ships (??)
  • external conversations about 3.0 have dropped the alpha description
  • "The next step in the evolution of Star Citizen."
  • "Unparalleled emergent gameplay and fidelity."
  • Roberts: "[...]showcases the stunning visuals and core concepts that I hold to the highest standard."
  • "Much more than a space sim, Star Citizen contains thousands of hours of scripted and unscripted gameplay."
  • new free-to-play model: no need to buy game package, f2p accounts do not start out with a ship
  • loaner ships will be able to be rented for real world currencies, can charge by hour or use

this is good for star citizen :suicide:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

trucutru posted:

Haha, it's so obvious that a new box is spawned (gotta transmit that info to all other suckers in the game again!) in the location where you deposit the fake box you have in your grabby hands.

Why the gently caress they even care about mocaping and animations when the endproduct looks like this. :pgi:

edit: someone plz make a .pgi. ripoff for poo poo citizen.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Hobold posted:

All of the amazing, and incredibly expensive mocap bullshit is wasted once people start to realize keyframe animations are still the majority here. Everything teleports to its place, does the thing, and teleports to new place if necessary.

Btw, are there any comments on reddit to this whole thing/issue? I dont do reddit, so i am curious.

Edit: A gif of said animation

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 12, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

IV.Internal schedules, the ones you will now be privy to, tend to have aggressive dates to help the team focus and scope their tasks, especially in the case of tech development. Every team, even a team blessed with the kind of support and freedom you have allowed us, needs target dates in order to focus and deliver their work.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

We, as the big fans of CIG we are, should help out Chris Roberts with ideas to generate additional income. Imo every dollar paid to CIG is a dollar well spent.

1. Cosmetic skins: They should dedicate an entire department to develop skins. Also things like sunglasses or piercings should be considered.

2. Somekind of XP booster is needed, if there is a skill progression system. People who work 60 hrs/week should have a chance vs people who play a lot.

3. Various fees for shiphandling should be introduced. I am thinking about docking fees (like per hour or day), taxes depending on used weaponry,
fees to be able to fly in UEC space (the same thing for all other empires/factions), fees to support your faction. People can pay that easily with the real money to
game money conversion.

4. There should be special job positions available (ie: station chief, weapon chief for a sector or system) for people who spend more money than others.
Those people are more involved in the universe and should be able to influence the economy/society/war. Working in those jobs should require a daily/weekly payment
to CIG to make sure its taken seriously.

5. Imo CIG should use more ads ingame. All scifi movies are always full of colorful, in your face ads, why should be Chris' universe be different. The should use the
helmet HUD for it. Also who cares if an advertisement plays on your ship control monitors when you fly in space. Just consider it realism.

EDIT: I really want SC to happen, so please just ignore the few problems they have with marketing and buy the new ships. No new found company runs smooth everytime, our job is to support CIG to the fullest.

To the goon haters: Just consider how much further you all be ahead in the game if you spend money now. With the advanced AI crew it should be possible to command a few ships alone, so the standard mass ship goon strat shouldnt work.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 14, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Just like politicians:
Many words, not much said.

When you apply logic:
There is no product yet, and most of the potential customers bought the product already. There are no patented engines or tools to sell or license to other entities.
Gameplay wise, so many ships and money are already pumped into the economy. Good luck balancing the mess.

I really wanna know how many paid shills are there. Also, how much money Gamestar is getting from CIG.

EDIT: HOLY MELON, how did they get $2,626,614 in April? I thought only Japan slaughters whales this hard.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 15, 2017

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I was wondering what was going on on reddit. Then i remembered its Monday.

drat, i really want to know how much CIG is spending on all the shills.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6b9td3/in_regards_to_those_unhappy_with_ship_prices_too/

If this is one of our guys, he is way too deep into this.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Berious posted:

Yeah I just quad posted pure white noise :whatup:

why not go full retard and snipe the next page too? would have needed only 2 more posts :D

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Dementropy posted:

Repetition fallacy:

And more here (1, 2, 3, 4).

While i appreciate the work you guys do to search through all the poo poo posted on reddit by totally sane individuals, how can we be sure you dont turn into them.
Maybe the insane-ness can spread when someone reads the whole mess and the brain just snaps when a threshold is reached. :headrollsinpooemoticon:

Just sayan, keep yourself safe commando o7

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Both scenarios are only good for uninvested, sarcastic people like us, who enjoy schadenfreude.

Who would have thought that CIG commits to a schedule which is already fallen to pieces after like a month :D

e: Anyone with money in this dumbsterfire gets exactly what he deserves.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Xaerael posted:

Wait wait... they paid for the jpeg and used the WATERMARKED version?

:roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao::roflolmao:

Just imagine the most expensive method which yields the worst result.

Big goon fuckup, we should have seen this from a mile away.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Also, i think we should support the "We need more $50- $100 ships!!" guy. How can we form a goon zerg army when all the ships are like $300+ ?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Foo Diddley posted:

For the backers, this is nothing new

Imo SC is way to cheap with its subscription. They should raise it to 30$/€ and give ingame boosts like better quests or stuff.

e: Think about it. People supporting UEC = CIG more than others should have advantages, just like in real life.

e2: ok its called UEE whatever

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

"We're reaching levels of fidelity that haven't even been seen before"

Isnt the weekly schedule update coming tommorrow? oh boi