Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm the whale that said he was getting the hell out in the let's talk 3.0 thread. I'm in the process of getting my refund now. Can't wait to be on the outside watching this house of cards fall apart! :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

Welcome. What will you be doing with your newfound cash? May I suggest a fishing trip or a nice quarter cask Laphroaig?

Pay off the MasterCard, save the rest for school.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Kosumo posted:

Hi, for those of us who don't know you whale of a refund story and way you both supported then left as thought you should be refunded, could you run over it for us?

Thanks, Commando o7

From what I've seen it's just a matter of sticking to your guns to finally get your refund. CIG will try to stall you as much as possible, asking a bunch of personal questions including asking for ID (which is shady af imo). I'm at the first "no please don't leave, 3.0 is just around the corner" email. In hindsight I should have just told them to skip that part.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

No credit card debt is the best feeling. Paying off school now rather than over 10 years is also an incredible feeling. Good for you.

The credit card debt was basically from me paying for school. It's a trade school for my 4th year electrical apprenticeship. After 3 months of classes, take a couple of exams, and I'm done my apprenticeship, and get my red seal. Feels good man.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Big deal I had one of those years ago

Not bad actually

LOL

Red Seal Journeyman ticket, but I'll take one of those!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
The let's talk 3.0 thread is starting to get good again!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Welcome, friend. I apologize that the game didn't live up to the expectations you had.

You'll have to explain what finally caused you to throw in your cards unless you haven't been asked this 500 times by other people by now. :)

Most of my pledges were prior to 2015. My last big one was the Idris frigate during the 2014 livestream sale in December. At the time, I had a ton of disposable income, already had a house, a nice brand new vehicle, a few grand thrown at some jpegs? No biggie. Anyways since then I basically stopped following development, figured in a year or two I'd have a game to play, and I'd have a huge jump start on my career as a pirate, have lots of ships for my guildies coming over from SWTOR to play with. Only recently started to follow development again, and discovered it's no where near where I thought it would be at this point, and literally years away if ever. All you have to do is look at what they've accomplished, versus what is left to do. It's not happening. Came to this realization last week, and then gradually started going down the rabbit hole. I'm down deep now, spent the last few days totally immersed in all the BS uncovered by people like DS, the people on r/starcitizen_refunds, and here. Feels good to be woke to all this. Just want OUT!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

XK posted:

I forget, how much was that thing? What was your total?

You probably said already, but I'll be hosed to check back.

That was 1250. Total amount was over 4100, some of that physical goods and subscriptions, total pledged was about 3300. So yeah there's a fair amount I won't get back in the refund, I'll make some of it back in the currency exchange back to CAD (since most of my pledges were before CAD took a dive).

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Lazrin posted:

you can't be responsible for your own decisions? you can't man up and see your commitment through?

here's a protip - unless you actually want to be taken for a fool, don't read a word derek writes.

Pretty sure me asking for a refund, is being responsible for my decisions.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Lazrin posted:

nah, it shows you're a gullible sheep whose mind is easily swayed in order to be accepted as "one of the group". you sure shuffled in here right quick, didn't ya?

My posts on RSI were also being talked about here, which was what prompted me to join.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

MeLKoR posted:

Hello friend. If I could have a couple of minutes of your time I'd like to talk to you about the sickening and heartbreaking truths.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

Just a friendly heads up but memes aren't usually as welcome here as they are on reddit. We have a lot of people here who weren't SA posters before the Star Citizen thread (myself included) so we get a lot of crossover, but if someone comes and calls you a shitbird or whatever that's why.

In any case, yeah someone post Stimpire.txt for the new guy lmao :frogon:

Good to know! Thank you. I'll refrain from memes in the future.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

AP posted:

You can get subscriptions refunded but you have to push them hard for it. You get in-"game" items as part of the subscription and they'll want to close your account which denies you access to them, also they promised badges and pirate stuff for subscriptions that they either never delivered or delivered late.

Ya I'm not expecting a refund for that, I think at this point I want to get the money out as quick as possible before an ELE.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Refund process went okay then?

Im still waiting. I got my first "no please stay, 3.0 just around the corner" form letter. Seems like a few more back and forths ahead of me.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They said 3.0 is soon?

Sorry I was paraphrasing from memory. They didn't really say anything specific about 3.0 in the letter upon checking it again.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
LOL

Just had several of my posts deleted in the let's talk 3.0 thread for violating rule 3 (trolling), and rule 9 (FUD).

One of them was asking what Croberts and his wife draw as a salary.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Quavers posted:

Do you have a link to the thread?

Its now heavily truncated.

What's funny is that in other threads that have been policed by the mods, they use strike-throughs, and show edited by a mod. With mine they are just straight up disappeared, with no mod post in the thread. No telling how many others had it done to them as well.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Just got put on probation on RSI for my "pending refund request." I can't even access my account now.

Is this normal? Or was it because I was shitposting?

Edit: now I can access my account. It was weird cuz I was logged in on iOS, and then I was abruptly signed out. Had to get on my PC to figure out what happened.

Warhawk109 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 14, 2017

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

HycoCam posted:

Normal. Happens after the final email exchange and before the refund hits paypal/your CC.

That's strange because I've only had one exchange with them, the first "please stay" email, which I responded to, and they haven't sent a response yet.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

AP posted:

Did you keep a copy of everything on your billing page, hangar + hangar log?

They normally lock you out of your account with no warning if they are thinking of refunding you. If you want to dispute the amount it's more difficult without all your account information.

I'll do that right now.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Maybe i kinda hosed myself getting a refund quickly because of my shitposting. CIG is shady af.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I hope he had pants insurance cause those are ruined

He paid extra for the LTI.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks batgirl sounds like a dude?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

starkebn posted:

leave it dude, it's not important

Fair enough.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
It's perfect for Crobberts. Between him and his wife, they've made off with millions, while pawning off any further responsibility for the project.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

When the game is released, and ship prices are 4x what they are now, what's not to say I can't sell or rent them out for cash?

:laffo:

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Renting someone's ship sounds soooooo fun. I love how everyone in SC is a captain of industry who will make lots of money.

Everyone gets to be an Indian chief!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Raskolnikov posted:

Has this been posted yet? :v:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impellerstudios/starfighter-inc-0

*REALISTIC SPACE COMBAT

*SKILL-BASED PVP MULTIPLAYER

*PLAYER-DRIVEN NARRATIVE

*FULL VR SUPPORT

*COMPONENT-BASED DAMAGE

*SHIP CUSTOMIZATION

*PLAYER HANGARS

*DRONES
That actually looks cool as gently caress. Devs that worked on the xwing games. Scope looks about right, nothing outlandish. might be worth backing a small amount.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Except there is no way they can put together that game for ten times what they are asking for. They seem to have 24 people on that team. To fund that kind of a team for the year they predict will take at least a few million dollars. That $150,000 is going to last a couple weeks at best.

What's interesting is that this is their second kickstarter. The first one they did they asked for 250k, now it's 150k. What's funny is they actually have what looks like gameplay already. Croberts didn't even have that during his kickstarter.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I'm now an official dirty leaver:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5zxyho/and_im_out/

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I thought we were going to save that fake until 3.0 came out? Oh well, sell it well commando.

Damnit! I must have mixed up the dates.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Kellanved posted:

This game pisses me off at a fundamental level. Not because it'll be poo poo, but because this thing got >130m, and noone is doing mah Freespace 3!

Isn't freespace open kinda like freespace 3? Actually meaning to try it, the B5 and BSG campaigns specifically.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

His salary is not as high as you think.

What is it?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
I would like to know just how much Croberts pays himself and his wife. That is probably too much transparency though. Best to just leave backers in the dark about that.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

You are fake news. :smugdon:

Very, very fake news.

So important. :smugdon:

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

R/ds: wtf I love the agent now!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

StarbloodKiss posted:

Just wanted to mention that I got my refund. $2515.

It was pretty easy. Just told them I wanted a refund, answered their questions to verify my identity (didn't have to show ID), and got my refund. It took about a week. They did close my account though, but eh.

Grats! Welcome to the dirty leavers club!

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

Funny, because 2.6.2 PTU is going out right now.

I can't wait for 2.6.3

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
So SQ42 is going to be the main quest line in the PU? I can't wait until they announce that officially. I will laugh my rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Ayn Marx posted:

I love how proud Derek is to post these ugly rear end screenshots like that was going to somehow shut MoMA up :xd:

At least he has a game you can play. Graphics aren't everything either. I've put more hours into Paradox games than any other, and I don't play those for the graphics.