Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

D1E posted:

Hey all, just popping by to check on things. Has Derek brought down CIG yet?

We're still in the anticipation-building part of the story. Summer action flick storyline seems to be building for a summer climax. The fans will be blowing full tilt in the Rhineland, so it will be a picturesque time for some poo poo to start sailing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Drunk Theory posted:

Holy poo poo! Two sandworms!!

Dudududu-double sandWOORRMS!

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

DarkRefreshment posted:

Sound like any US Presidents you know?

Yep. Pretty much all of them.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

WTFOSAURUS Clip: How is that even a thing?

WTFOSAURUS Clip: Star Citizen is kinda dead right now

WTFOSAURUS Clip: You're not missing a loving, goddamn thing

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Place you bets on how late AtV will be today.

I'm an optimist and will say 30 minutes.

Don't place any bets. Derek can throw a monkey wrench at any time, which could have a material effect on AtV content. See: Last Week's AtV :)

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

Can we all pause for a minute to reflect on how weird the Hello Kitty thing is?

It has to be the brainchild of Sandi, the master marketeer. They could have made any number of cartoon characters that somehow made sense in the 'verse - even a character that was a mere wink at a sci-fi staple. Instead they designed a lawsuit-bait space cat.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

MedicineHut posted:

Take your time. In the mean time, I am having some of these

"Wish you were here!"

You in Portugal?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It saddens me to have any of our astronauts, or their missions, compared to Star Citizen. The crew of the Challenger gave their lives in pursuit of bettering our world and expanding our knowledge.

I fully agree. NASA jokes are quite offensive.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Takes quite the man to pull off a sweater like that...

... too bad Salty does not.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

his nibs posted:

"But Brian, why do you insist on wearing your sunglasses?"

"Dammit woman, just take the picture..my fans think I'm a cool German dude, and cool dudes always wear shades right?"

"Sure Brian, sure..."

<click>

"Brian, I hate to insist, but you must shampoo your hair today. The oils are ruining our pillowcases!"

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Xaerael posted:

PSA to all thread readers.

Don't crack a rib.

It loving hurts.

End of PSA.

I splurged and cracked two ribs. This was 10 years ago. Even though it's fully healed and back to normal, the area still feels strange where the fractures occurred.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

TrustmeImLegit posted:

random spectrum chat message. Where they usually hide things. This is to focus resources on the 'new player experience'

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/68oqez/cig_are_looking_for_feedback_on_the_new_player/

It was also mentioned at the end of the most recent Citizen of the Stars.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

ripptide posted:

Remember when people believed things CIG promised?......r/starcitizen_refunds remembers.

Remember when SQ42 was going to be shipped in 2014 2015 2016 2017 ????...

If it had shipped, they wouldn't use inane Mark Hamill dialogue clips to taunt the idiots still backing this farce.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

Sandi: "Get that off the table."

Chris: "I will 'get that off the table.' You can go back to reading your paper if you want.." [Paper is shown being held up with Chris' face on it; full page advertisement for Charter Spectrum]

Sandi: [laughs sarcastically] "No, no. I'm good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y78PPfs1NXc&t=91s

This is the most passive aggressive display of contempt for eachother I have ever seen, lmao

Sandi clearly dislikes the gift. After that exchange, they make a clumsy mid-sentence edit to a single of Chris talking about the magazine article. Obviously, something was cut out.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

nawledgelambo posted:

I don't think it was so much the gift as it was the wrapper she was pointing at

Watch her expressions when he's opening it and reading the card. Frowning in disapproval instead of smiling.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm the VP of marketing with a plunging neckline that almost reaches her belly button. gently caress sake's woman, no one cares about your a cups.

Fuzzy Modem seemed fond of her... maybe that's why. :heysexy:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

AlbieQuirky posted:

They look like Alain Mikli, so $400-$500 just for the frames if so.

Oh, so, not too expensive... Roughly the price of a Hull E. :10bux:

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 5, 2017

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Fatkraken posted:

Is that like a Wall-E?

If only it were... it would be yet another case of IP infringement.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyGW9ePnNk&t=2100s

Brian Chambers:

quote:

I, truly, when I come to work every day, I see the backers as our publisher. that's how I, personally myself, that's how I view it. So, when I'm sharing material, it is me sharing, updating, "hey publisher, look, this is what we've done so far."

Is he implying that other people at CIG don't see the backers as the publisher? Inconceivable!

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 5, 2017

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

• Waste your own and my time (every time I need to explain what the alpha we're playing is and what you bought)

Yes, I agree, reading that was a waste of my time.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

I've heard enough cry baby feedback from you guys.

I'm sure you can find the door, then.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Various Meat Products posted:

Hey goons, let's do some math:

$45,000 / $60 per game = 750

750 games / 52 weeks in a year = 14.4

You could buy a brand new triple-A video game once per week, every week, for the next fourteen years, and still spend less on video games than that dude has spent on Star Citizen.

But yeah this is totally a good investment, guys.

Alternatively (since you're a meatatarian), you could have genuine Kobe ribeye steak once a week for about 6 years.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Hey now, I didn't insult his intelligence... I am convinced he has the mental acumen to navigate the room and leave since he finds the attitudes so distasteful.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Variable 5 posted:

source your quotes

I buy my quotes in bulk. Cheaper that way.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

In not-trolling-the-new-people news,

Reported. Reason: Trolling people who have only refunded once. :roflolmao:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

milk milk lemonade posted:

OldSchoolCmdr more like DrDerekSmart

Impossible.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

starkebn posted:

They use gish-gallop as tl;dr but it's not the same thing

if you write as much as OSC does in a post and it's not a massive DS takedown, then it's obviously gish-gallop [sic].

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Mix of West Indies + Great Britain + USA, if I remember correctly

This is incorrect. He's UK + USA + Māori.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Probably. The lore seems to fit his persona and explains how he found a wife:

code:
Some legends say that Tane made the first man, named Tiki. More widely known is a
tradition that Tane was trying to find himself a wife, but at first he found only non-human
females and fathered insects, birds, and plants. One such was Rangahore, who gave birth
to a stone and was abandoned by Tane. Then he made a woman by moulding her from the
soil.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

trucutru posted:

I personally can't wait to be poisoned and then have to wait a few hours in line at the space emergencies room while the space doctor plays minigames. It is fidelitious as gently caress

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

I really hope the part about space hello kitty getting them a C&D is true. I want to to be true.

It would be quite gratifying to see the referral page updated without Sandi's space cat present.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

AP posted:

All the other ships are concept art, the game he's playing is in his head and he can't even get the name of one of the two ships that actually exist in the "game" correct. It's all amazing to me.

With SC, most of the gameplay is in your head, so it's not too hard to get confused. Apart from streamers, I bet 98% of the backers haven't the existing missions more than once.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

AlmightyPants posted:

I live just outside NYC, I don't have a reddit account to contact OSC but I'd be happy to hop on the train and verify that he's not Derek. I don't know how to confirm that verification to the internet though. I'd assume the shitizens would need some extraordinary evidence to prove that OSC isn't Derek?

That would be a toughie. OSC has a security clearance, so you probably can't waltz into his place of work. If you take a photo with the guy, it could have been any rando you found in Starbucks. About the only thing I can think of is making a video recording of he and Derek on a Facetime call, having an extemporaneous conversation.

I think that's something many people would pay to see anyway.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Hav posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmv8quf_xM

Be afraid d00d.

edit: On a more serious note, hacking is a Federal offense, and you're too pretty for jail.

It's stunning that Microsoft has loaded powerful hacking tools on Windows. What an eye-opener.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

NYT: Video Game Raised $148 Million From Fans. Now It’s Raising Issues

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

What the hell happened to your shift key? Did you break it like the Coke machine?

capital letter shaming is common in the discord. the shame is working it's way into derek's everyday keyboarding.

the culture in the discord is roughly similar to this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CZ2J8gJtk

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 11, 2017

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

AlmightyPants posted:

Hey, if someone can think of a way that I can meet OSC and verify that it's him in a manner that the shitizens would find acceptable I'd be down to do it. It's not like it's hard to meet someone in a Starbucks in NYC and I have the time, especially since the meltdowns would probably be very entertaining afterwards.

I think it would be pretty simple. If he would permit it, record him at SBUX and allow him to give a brief summary of the Star Citizen drama in a manner he thinks most germane. His grasp of the subject matter and ability to correlate actors, events, data, and attitudes should be sufficient proof that the guy in the video is OSC.

tl;dr make a video of him talking about SC. Case closed.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Drunk Theory posted:

Ahhh. I really wanted to believe Agent, why do you give then take away so fast.

(it's fun though, so proceed)

Agent could also spring the :10bux: for the guy and he could do the posts himself. Imagine that.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

:eyepop:

They have no shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Chin posted:

Ok so we all saw the guy picking up random objects and placing them around a confined area with a sink or something right? Then I realized. What's cooler than doing a Sims type decoration of a home? Getting a home and getting things yourself. Want a couch? You have to go to the store, have it either shipped to your ship, or to your home (more expensive) and especially for a couch, you'd need a hover dolly or whatever. It would feel soo cool to actually go buy a bunch of stuff and load it in my ship, and drive it home. Then I could unload and place things around as I see fit. Anyone have any other ideas that sparked from the ATV?

How about a Space IKEA so you can browse the showroom for furniture you like and then take it home as cargo in your Freelancer. Then, you can spend several hours using Items 2.0 to manipulate an Allen wrench to assemble your new bookshelf and entertainment center.