Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
So what do you guys think 3.0 will be like. I know many of you are skeptical so I'm curious at to what you think it will actually contain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
I think the cargo part will be the most groundbreaking. But I've got a feeling they are gonna have to compromise with the landing stuff as the netcode got moved to 3.1. So itll probably get added to 3.1 later this year.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Kromlech posted:

Wow so they're not letting non-citizens even post anymore? I don't know why I'm surprised...

You never could. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. Makes sense, if you aren't invested you are more likely to troll. You have a feeling of community you don't get elsewhere. You guys even do it here.

I got my account because you literally cant even view this thread or platinum messages without an account plus an upgrade i dont have yet..

Spectrum is more inclusive than SA

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 11, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Sappo569 posted:

Difference being one is a dead gay comedy forum which has always had a cost associated to entry

The other is a game development company that has touted their open approach to design and community , allowing unprecedented access and farrrrrtttttttttt

SA was free at one point. I've been on the internet a long time dont try to BS me.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

peter gabriel posted:

A 60gb jpeg of Chris's rear end

personal comments aside I wouldn't be shocked if the launcher expands to 50 gigs.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Hav posted:

This made my day.

Would you say you were 'old school', commando?

I know what lemon party is

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

trucutru posted:

Yeah, lethality is at the stage where he can see that the project is full of lies and bullshit but still trusts CR. Kinda like where Beer was around 2 years ago.

Beer still has skin in the game last I read. His faith is strong.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

a lot of these guys will be absolutely devastated when 3.0 drops. you'll start seeing the absolute faithful put in for refunds

it's going to be glorious when they turn on each other

Its just a patch dude. Every one of which is another step closer to release. You put too much stock in just one thing. You guys turn on eachother the instant something good for SC happens. The bloodbath if anything is gonna happen over here.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Space Crabs posted:

i know i complain most of the time when you do this but literally nothing else is happening so go hog wild

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/star-citizen-alpha-2-6-is-better-than-elite-danger

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

thatguy posted:

Unironically name something good that has happened for Star Citizen.

They've raised 150 million dollars and have old school pros like Erin and Tony Z on the team.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

thatguy posted:

Think again. If Chris hadn't "expanded the scope" you might have a videogame to play right now.

not a good one tho. It would already be forgotten. CIG is practically an institution at this point for breaking new tech ground.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Sabreseven posted:

To normal men and women, 3.0 is just another patch. To the faithful however, it represents much more than just a series of fixes, it's their validation, their saviour, their justification in kneeling to their mush mouthed spendthrift thumb-lord and it's also their sole bullet to throw at anyone who casts doubt on their 'game'. (I say throw because CIG brand gunpowder just glitches out of the side of the cartridge and through the map, rendering the projectile completely lacking in combustable propellant)

no just to goons, i suggest you read reddit or something sometime most of the comments are just tepid optimism. You think its some magic bullet that will kill CIG and it just looks a little desperate.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

thatguy posted:

You come on too strong Surface. Your first post would have been enough to get plenty of reactions.

Virtual Captain posted:

Probably easier to talk about what it won't have

Most certainly won't have:
The entire Stanton system like Chris said it would
Immersive landing pad and traffic control from NPCs
Basic mining
Bounty hunting board

I really don't expect to see:
A full planet/moon you can walk for days around because can never be done Lumberyard. But let's pretend it is in there, are they going to fill it with random outposts or just leave 90% of it as blank terrain?

Maybe if CIG has been super busy we'll see:
Some basic cargo system, but any trading profession would be boring because there is no supply/demand for materials.

What I expect:
Stationary NPC(s) that give some generic fetch quests.
Seamless landing will either work or they will delay until it does. Derek says Chris is arrogant enough to release it without, but that could spell financial suicide imo.
Moon station as a separate game-mode seems doable by the current interns, and Chris may say the seemless landing was not polished enough for 3.0

It literally never matters

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

holy hell sounds serious

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
thats unfortunate to hear

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Liu posted:

does this mean they're gonna get divorced again, rip

yes and its YOUR fault

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Lladre posted:

Was AdmiralBekHar taken already???

it inspires fear and respect, especially in the goony lions den

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

goddamn you did, you think this friday is the last paycheck?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Good stuff

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

starkebn posted:

Is there any indication that SQ42 has had any work done on the actual game part of it? Is all that's ever been released some mo-cap shots, Morrow tour and the canteen / hangar poo poo?
All bias aside:
Its mid 2017 and no one outside of CIG can say empirically that any game actually exists for SQ42.

Normally you could say Morrow tour but they've explicitly said its been scrapped and completely redone. You could say bishop speech but they've said they scrapped and reworked that as well.

So at this point the only concrete evidence that a game called SQ42 is in development is the purchase/apparent use of shitloads of mocap and CIG's say so.

I guess mess hall animations could be considered SQ42.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 12, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

AbstractNapper posted:

Any SQ42 work (including custscenes, and fake gameplay) seems to be mostly re-purposed to be as part for the demos in their 'Cons or ship promos.

Does anyone remember that animation video they showed in the last CitCon, with commentary about a war and resistance and poo poo, which almost everyone thought it was a trailer for SQ42, until it was revealed to be a concept ship promo at its end?

Imagine how good SQ42 is if that is what they consider B roll stuff.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

starkebn posted:

Beet Wagon a deep cover Surface Detail alt all along

People say im too obvious. You just know what I want you to know.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6muvdl/star_citizen_episode_46_dead_on_arrival/

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
how convenient for Derek. Publishing deal we haven't heard a whisper about 'falls through' before ever hearing anything. Same deal with SQ42 prelude.

Likely stories Agent/Derek/OSC

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

chris roberts is about to mtgox this whole loving thing lol

I'm so happy a bunch of idiots thought that spacejpg futures was a sound and wise investment strategy, thank you for the years and years of entertainment

remember to keep pledging! chris roberts needs you now, 3.0 is so close!

tell us

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

whatever you do DO NOT accidentally listen to the first 7-8 minutes while doing other things. Holy hell.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

D_Smart posted:

Except that the fallout is going to be worse.

:negative:

Also remember that the Amazon guys are all gamers and engineers. So it's highly unlikely that they're not going to see the train-wreck for what it is, then put their reps and livelihood on the line. For croberts. <--- LOL!!

Well, when sources tell me not to divulge something, I don't. I only Tweeted this one because there is a story in the works that's going to make it public anyway. So I wanted to get in front of it just so I can come here and yell TOTALLY CALLED IT at some point down the road :grin:

I don't know about you, but most of us WANT it to fail. Because, you know, lols, pay back, vindication and all that stuff. Nobody gives a poo poo if it was inevitable or not. Plus, I TOTALLY CALLED IT!!! :grin"

you cant 'call it' if you never say what it is numbnuts

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

D_Smart posted:

Wot? Back in the now infamous "July Blog", I called it a loving scam, that they could never build that game as pitched etc. So there. :allears"

ps: Why so aggressive? Call your parents, and tell them you love them.

lots of people are calling it a scam and well before 2015. Those people are all idiots who cant see whats in front of their faces. CIG is still here years later and still being made.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Ghostlight posted:

why the gently caress would you care about or want to collide atoms on your spaceship

let alone on your pretend spaceship in a video game.

a minute or two after that erris literally starts screaming at people to do their research. like high decibel screaming. still more stable than SC

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Sappo569 posted:

No dice , Ben already purchased all the rights to the wing commander franchise

Then he gave it all away to the wing commander museum

Actually gently caress. Anyone remember he actually did give some museum a bunch of wing commander trash ? I wish I was joking

The Ben lesnick memorial archive or some poo poo

Chris hasnt owned the Ip since like the 90s

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Derek will link them to a blog with its Mobius strip of selfreferential hyperlinks.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
So is CIG actually going to Gamescom the event or are they just riding the name with their presentation several blocks away?

EDIT: nvm theres a reddit thread

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jul 13, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

the best is going to see the broken and unplayable mess of 3.0 on the demo stations at gamescon

I don't even think they'll have them there and will just have a shitload of streamers playing star marine or something lol

They won't. That poo poo isn't even supposed to be live until like 8/25 assuming the date doesn't get refactored again. Its gonna be SM and AC mostly.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 13, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

if 3.0 is just some smoke and mirrors gamescon demo and backers don't actually get 3.0 in the next six months I'm going to lol

I'm going to loving lol so goddamn hard

They'll release something called 3.0 in August. They've already gutted it whats a few more features. gently caress they even got praised for cutting stuff out as a well reasoned design decision what the gently caress do they care. The problem right now is likely its just loving unplayable even with the few new things.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

fyi everyone is being pretty tight fuckin lipped about star citizen right now

In the military when things go dark on the enemy comms it means you are really winning a lot.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

Jesus Christ I never looked up Mark Abent before, but I wanted to see what the Senior Gameplay Programmer at CIG has done in the past.

Mark Abent has worked on the following released titles (credited):
  • Black Mesa
That's it. He was a programmer for the Black Mesa mod. That's his only released game. What the gently caress.

The Senior Gameplay Programmer for one of the most ambitious and costly games in history has a single released title, and it's for a goddamn mod. What. The. gently caress.

Well he's been saving up his creative and productive juices for SC. Wasn't the last time tony z was involved in a released game like 15 years ago? Erin is the only one with a 'pedigree' and its mostly lego shovelware.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Im so loving amped for 3.0 to release. I don't know how citizens can say we want the game to go away.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

Tbf he didn't fleece people

That I know of

A part of me is glad half life modding had an era of quote unquote purity but the other half wonders how much more could have gotten done with the incentive of cash flow

If you accept a paycheck from CIG in 2017 you are knowingly being enriched by fraud. Especially when you know you are employed beyond your experience level and abilities.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

right now their servers probably only have maybe a hundred or two hundred people online at any given time. when 3.0 hits its going to be a mad loving rush to play and every goddamn thing, from authentication servers to world servers to the coffee machine, are going to start melting down

people are going to see single digit frame rates, crashes, but the best, the loving best

is going to be their pretty, pretty ships that have all been reworked and changed again. that is what's going to cause people to flip right the gently caress out

its going to be fantastic

its much less than that someone ran the leaderboard numbers its about 50 total on average across all the different modules in 3 regions.

Its why so many people on the subreddit know jackshit about the game. On normal game reddits everyone is an expert but theres people on there insisting you can buy ships with aUEC in the PU and other dumb poo poo like that. No one plays except the streamers with a money gun to their heads.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

that doesn't count the PU, which is where I'm assuming most players are

Oh I thought it did. drat, CIG must need to rent like 3 whole physical servers from amazon then jesus.